[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash MX vs Newer Versions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: flashmx-splash.png (6KB, 192x198px) Image search: [Google]
flashmx-splash.png
6KB, 192x198px
Is there any benefit to using newer versions of Flash, like CS6 or CC for simple stop-motion animation?

It looks like newer versions focus only on Actionscript and development and have convoluted the interface for simple animation.
>>
>>2382825
>simple stop-motion animation?
Not sure what you mean, like puppet frame by frame?

Flash CC made the brush tool scale with the document, so line width is more consistent. And I think there's more puppet tools.

That's about it though.
>>
>>2382825
>>2383589
what exactly do you want to accomplish?
http://esotericsoftware.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnceZO1seQ
>>
>>2383605
>>2383611
fuck I meant frame-by-frame. sorry i'm not clued up with animation terms at all. no puppets whatsoever.

So my question again, is there any benefit to using newer versions of Flash for basic animation?
>>
>>2382825
I've heard a rumor they're finally working on the brush for the new "Adobe Animate" slated to be released soon. This is huge news because Flash has had the same horrible brush for like 15 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgQ4ZDKYfs
>>
>>2383620
If you're the type that Zooms in to your drawings when drawing I suggest Flash CC.

Also>>2383950

Adobe animate cc is coming out soon, which is supposed to turn Flash into Toon Boom.
>>
>>2383950
>>2384345
Why? Did they chane the zoom functionality in CC?

Adobe Animate sounds awesome btw. About damn time they focus on animation.
>>
I haven't touched anything newer than Flash CS3.
If the shitty brush has been fixed, sure, go for the new one.

If not, wait for Animate CC.
>>
>>2384375
What's with the complaints about Flash's brush? I've used an old version of Toon Boom (like version 6) and went back to Flash Pro 8 because of it's brush. I find it much better for line art. Granted, I'm poor and use a mouse instead of a graphic tablet.

Is Flash shit for graphic tablets?
>>
>>2384361
They made it so your brush is a fixed size regardless of how far you're zoomed in.

Normally if you zoomed in your brush size would get smaller.
>>
>>2384400
>What's with the complaints about Flash's brush?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q19QNBkh0Y
>>
>>2384400
>mouse instead of a graphic tablet
What sort of art are you doing with the mouse?

Yeah, Flash is shit for tablets.
>>
>>2384400
It takes a lot of work to get a good looking line in flash. You almost always need to manually change the vector vertices after to get it looking okay.
>>
File: ArtMe_20120222_Creepy_S.png (146KB, 669x502px) Image search: [Google]
ArtMe_20120222_Creepy_S.png
146KB, 669x502px
I forget does MX have the paste in place tool? I would upgrade to flash 8 if not.
Ultimately you should be OK if you're just working alone but bare in mind you wont be able to open files made in newer versions of the program, might cause some grief in any collaborative projects.
>>
File: bomberman.png (22KB, 677x636px) Image search: [Google]
bomberman.png
22KB, 677x636px
>>2384438
Nice, that's fucking awesome! Was it changed in CS or only in CC? If so, which version of CS would you suggest? I'm considering switching because of this.

>>2384441
I don't have much of an issue with this. Hell, maybe if I really tried Toon Boom I'd have a different opinion.

>>2384443
Pic related. I'm doing basic line art with the mouse, I just wanna make a simple animated short . I think if I adjusted the lines, I'd be set, which is why I don't see the big issue with Flash's brush. Coming from MSPaint, it's made line art a lot faster.

>>2384466
This is my question right here. I don't really have an issue with changing vector lines. Unless the alternatives are far more efficient, or will be a benefit to me as a beginner.

>>2384522
Yes, Flash Pro 8 has "paste in place". It's the very last version by Macromedia and they ditched the MX tag. Just search Flash Professional 8, it's doesn't even need a crack if you're a pirate.
>>
>>2382825
bump
>>
>>2384645
The CS series mostly just added weird gimmicks, but I would upgrade to at least Flash 8. I can't recall all the details, but when I was younger I just remember being amazed at all the improvements from MX to 8. I don't think you can change the brush smoothing in MX? That's a big one, I think. Flash CC has had the only worthwhile addition since then, which is that you can zoom in and your brush will stay the same size as if you were at 100%, but CC also took away all the .gif export functions, which sucks.
>>
>>2385840
Yeah man, I'm currently using Flash 8 and it's been great. Coming from MX 6, I can't really tell the difference besides better compatibility (runs perfectly on W10) and it handles high-res displays a lot better.

CC's zoom function might be pretty big deal though, I'll try it out today.
>>
File: porkey.jpg (58KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
porkey.jpg
58KB, 550x550px
>>2384522
nice.
>>
>>2384645
>I don't have a problem with this
>broken and inconsistent lines literally everywhere

Dude please. That video is talking about how you get a clean line in Flash. You are foregoing that aesthetic and just "accepting" the kind of lines that Flash gives you which most Flash animators do. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it's obvious you don't really get the point either.
>>
>>2385951
Sorry man, I just skimmed through the video when I made that reply.

Thing is, the guy in the video is using a tablet while I'm stuck using a mouse. Until I get a tablet, I see no better alternative here. Yes, my lines are fucking terrible, but Flash spits out a usable frame far quicker than any raster tool I've used. Rectifying the lines seems as simple as adjusting them with ctrl+click and redrawing when required.

I am going for the broken aesthetic but the inconsistent one, that drawing I poste was a rough. I'll be manually editing the line weights of each frame.

If you can offer me a better alternative for mouse drawing than Flash, then please do.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.