[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the neck too long? its By Ross Tran, he has a really

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16

Is the neck too long?
its By Ross Tran, he has a really awesome personality.
>>
Yes, it is
>>
>>2375464
Yes.

It looks pretty ridiculous, but it's something the average person probably wouldn't notice.
>>
>>2375470
Kinda weirding me out how he placed it in his portfolio, and I saw it right away
>>
Oh, definitely long. But hey he's still human, being asian and pretty good still doesn't make you a perfect god.

As for his personality, is he really like that in real life though? he sounds very quiet in livestreams for the majority of them, so I wonder it's all an act and if his videos are like that on purpose for entertainment value.
>>
>>2375464
Proportions are all over the place in this piece. Back to working on your anatomy and fundamentals instead of covering it up with textures and fx.
>>
>>2375537
Lrn2ReadYouGoddamnedFuckingCretin
>>
>>2375464
>that collarbone
>that neck
>the anatomy in general

To not make this a waste of time, here's a pasta from anatomy for sculptors, I dont know why people dont study these books before jumping into doing fx and shit, I guess normies look at your piece for 1 sec anyway and move on, so they dont notice consciously why it looks so wrong, but whatever, every artist that has his fundamentals down can tell instantly you have a lot of work to do.
>>
File: anatomykek.jpg (63KB, 854x792px) Image search: [Google]
anatomykek.jpg
63KB, 854x792px
>>2375542
>>
>>2375464
Neck is clearly elongated on purpose.
>>
File: michelangelo-giuliano-medici.jpg (50KB, 344x640px) Image search: [Google]
michelangelo-giuliano-medici.jpg
50KB, 344x640px
>>2375464
I bet you think you're anatomy pro right now.
>>
File: parmigianino.jpg (155KB, 930x1507px) Image search: [Google]
parmigianino.jpg
155KB, 930x1507px
>>2375464
Long necks aren't bad, but in that pic it just feels off.
>>
>>2375580
Not OP, but that's still wrong. If you imagine the bones on the back of that dude's neck, considering they start at the base of the skull, they're either too long or too many. Michelangelo needed some Loomis there.
>>
File: 14539056062401.jpg (96KB, 554x800px) Image search: [Google]
14539056062401.jpg
96KB, 554x800px
>>2375643
Michelangelo is unskill
>>
>>2375684
Dude, don't look at the front, look at the back. If you line it up, where the neck begins in the back is closer to the base of the head, unlike the statue where if you map that the difference between front and back still isn't that big, which gives you a distance almost as long as the front indicates, but not for the girl. She still has a long neck, though, and it's probably because she has long proportions in general I mean she's huge... This conversation is dumb anyways, the point is: the pic in the OP is fucked up.
>>
>>2375464
It's too long by just enough that it's noticable and jarring now that its been pointed out.

The coloring is beautiful though.
>>
>>2375464
This looks very nice except for the neck. I'll check out bobby but stop shilling, boy.
>>
Not saying it was the case in Ross Tran's example, but elongated necks have occasionally been aesthetic choice.
It was seen to be a sign of elegance by some people.
>>
>>2375783
Went to look at the guy's other art after I made this post. Long necks. Long necks everywhere. It's like a sea of giraffes.
>>
>>2375464
is bad if i like it?

pretty sure the author is competent enough to notice it, but he choiced to let it like that. there's clearly a superlative femenine stimulus in impossibly long, thin necks
>>
>>2375464
do you do commissions ?
>>
>>2375580
i recall someone saying it had to do with the fact that you had to look from below so it didnt look that bad.
>>
>>2375470
How would the average person not notice that. It is increasingly obvious if you even give it more then a glance.
>>
>>2376328
>this
This
>>
>>2375464
Oh cmon, dont hate Ross Tran. Hes a nice guy and pretty talented. Also yeah, it looks long even for a stilized neck.
But hes a good guy, i like him
>>
>>2376347
Nice try Ross Tran
>>
>>2375464
Not if this is an alium.

ayy lmao
>>
yes, the neck it too long. Nose and lips are very cute though
>>
>>2376328
I thought that was to do with the scale of David's head.
>>
>>2376347
>>2375464
>really awesome personality.
>Hes a nice guy
>But hes a good guy, i like him

>implying any of this matters on /ic/
>>
>>2377819
I don't know what you're talking about, /ic/ gets assmad at uppity/cunty artists no matter how good they are. So evidently, it does matter.
>>
Looks like Candice Swanepoel crossed with Gigi Hadid.
>>
>>2376347
>Hes a nice guy
and how's this an argument?
>>
>>2376347
are you lost?
>>
>>2375464
depends on how tall that person is supposed to be, wee bit under rendered/messy in a way that's not appealing to my tastes but that's neither here nor there
>>
>>2377961

Miles is a top lad. He had this workshop nights once at week for the people at the atelier interested in digital painting.
>>
>>2375542
bruh this guy just graduated Art Center, worked at Disney, and is running his own class at Brainstorm amongst John Park and James Paick
What do your pedantic standards when they only matter to you and every other circlejerking autist on /ic/
>>
File: Rosstran.jpg (677KB, 1485x700px) Image search: [Google]
Rosstran.jpg
677KB, 1485x700px
It's depressing how someone like him keep getting support and is even teaching at Brainstorm. I guess many people bought HIS LOVE on patreon.
>>
File: 5650b4ee94e2.jpg (33KB, 460x657px) Image search: [Google]
5650b4ee94e2.jpg
33KB, 460x657px
>>2375580
>>
>>2380775
jesus christ!
>>
>>2380750
thats sick af
>>
File: Mod.jpg (206KB, 1080x833px) Image search: [Google]
Mod.jpg
206KB, 1080x833px
>>2375464
Beautiful portrait. The neck is just a little long though...
>>
>>2380896
Loses the impact though, makes her look a bit stumpy even. I'd still prefer the one on the left.
>>
File: Stretched.jpg (65KB, 576x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Stretched.jpg
65KB, 576x1023px
>>2381143
Well then, I found the woman for you
>>
>>2376347
he's actually kind of an asshole
went to school with him

he's cocky and narcissistic and has his groupies do tons of shit for him

networking is part of the game, but he straight up uses people
messaged my friend out of the blue one day, then asked to borrow his TV the next day for grad show
never spoke to him since
like who does that
>>
>>2381180
lol ty anon, it's a match made in heaven.

Sad to hear about the TV incident though.
>>
>>2380896
You made it too short. It's usually around half the length of their head.
>>
>>2380326
It's funny that in we also had to make our own club for people interested in digital paint at university. I guess Academia never embraced actually teaching craft
>>
>>2381186
>so salty
Cool story.
>>
>>2381364

Our atelier was all about teaching craft and painting/drawing, only with traditonal mediums though. They were open minded enough tough to bring in a sculptor from Weta to hold a workshop and a animator who studied under Vilppu so they weren't totally stuck up either.
>>
>>2375708
>she
>>
>>2381180
what the christ chan comics is going on in this pic
>>
>>2381557
its a shop
i can tell by the pixels
>>
>>2380750
Come back when you can do that
>>
>>2380896

You made her look 8 instead
Pedo detected
>>
>>2380750
The wors part is that I think it'd look better if he actually drew it himself, but he decided to bash the shit out of most of it instead of going over the things and at least making them cooler. It's a shame.
>>
File: ross-tran-azula-web.jpg (391KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
ross-tran-azula-web.jpg
391KB, 800x1204px
Look what I just found. This nigga recycled his own face drawing for another piece. I'm not even sure what should I feel like about that.
>>
>>2382237
looks nice tho
>>
>>2382245
Yup, no doubt about that, it's pretty cool.
I did some quick digging and the process video for Azula on Youtube already started with an off-screen made sketch. You can see the layers Background, Layer 2 and Layer 3. The drawing of the jiraffe could've easily been Layer 1, and he traced the face without showing it to not look like a lazy fuck. Either way, he still produced a good piece.
>>
>>2382237
what do you mean by 'recycled'?
like photobashed? or recycling the concept?
when you overlay there is enough difference (even flipping, resizing) that I'm more inclined to believe he just has an established, very formulaic way of painting foward-facing female portraits, something like same face syndrome.
If you're talking about the concept, then sure, it's certainly boring but foward-facing bust portraits are easy too do and aren't exactly rare.
>>
>>2381557
the fucking collarbones end up beign squished down because they are unable to grow because of the rings around the neck. So it's not that the neck is longer just the collarbones shoulders and clavicle are pushed down.

So it looks like they have crazy long necks.

And then someone shoped it to be retarded long looking.
>>
>>2382275
I mean the face lines up with the pic in the OP. The placement and size of almost everything, but not in a ctrl+c, ctrl+v and pait different hair ad clothes way, but more like he traced a basic sketch on top of the face, erased the picture again and painted over the sketch. Nothing to go crazy about, really, but still.
>>
>>2382237

If he did it in the first place who cares? It's not even that similar.
It's a little lazy, sure, but we're all a little lazy sometimes.
>>
File: with a long neck.jpg (9KB, 235x222px) Image search: [Google]
with a long neck.jpg
9KB, 235x222px
>>2375464
>Alien bitch with a long neck
>alien bitch
>alien
>>
>>2382521
It actually Elsa he did it at a live Disney event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFejRTWRsY
>>
>>2382923
What the actual FUCK

So basically the only people in the industry who draw are fucking chinks? Literally the only people I come across that do this art are fucking chinks
>>
>>2380838
kek
>>
>>2382929
They're imported from Korea for better quality and cheaper labor :^)
>>
>>2382923
i thought she was zelda
how the fuck is that elsa
>>
>>2383079
fuck off then why so many in Disney and pixar then? like this dude too and tbqh pham their work is not too bad, they have a lot of fundamentals down that kids here dont have, its unbveliuevable
>>
>>2382929
Most of the major studios are in Cali, Cali has a bunch of asians, Asians who can afford to move to the USA usually come from relatively well off families in both wealth and education.

>>2380750
>>2381788
Nobody has time to paint a character for 10 hours
How does /ic/ not understand the difference between concept art and concept design yet why are we still crying about this?
>>
>>2380896
can I ask how you dit it so quickly? I know about fixing things with liquify but I'm not sure I'd be able to do this one.
>>
>>2382237
dude look at kronprince, all his shit looks great but it's always the same goddamn face with different colors. I still love his content and he's making fucking bank on patreon.
>>
>>2384274
So they either have a strict formula, or they aren't able to do anything else? women have varying faces, not just hair and eye color you know. Different proportions, different noses, different eyes, lips, some dare I say are even ugly. It's not just us. Nothing against them really, but you'd think people with the power to create anything would want to create more than one or a few faces. I'm only now getting into digital art and I'm already overwhelmed by the vast creative possibilities, so it feels weird to see someone sticking to only one thing, consciously or otherwise.
>>
File: 139853470381.jpg (11KB, 180x249px) Image search: [Google]
139853470381.jpg
11KB, 180x249px
looks fine to me
>>
>>2375498
It's still beautiful, and it's not anatomically incorrect necessarily. There are people who have long necks like that to reach the leaves in higher branches.
>>
File: 1374167642772.jpg (26KB, 512x467px) Image search: [Google]
1374167642772.jpg
26KB, 512x467px
>>2385106
>There are people who have long necks like that to reach the leaves in higher branches.
topkek
>>
how do you guys approve of ross tran but slam sakimichan? their styles are so similar. what makes one over saturated plastic anime girl better than the other?
>>
>>2385192

Their styles aren't similar at all. Fix your eyes and stop being a worthless art noob.
>>
>>2385192
I don't like him at all. In fact, i'm jealous of him being the protégé of Jamie Jones.
>>
>>2385192
>their styles are so similar
>not being able to tell the differences between Ross Tran and Sakimichan
I won't suck one or the other's dick, but they're SO different. I'll make half of the work for you by telling the things they do actually have in common:
>girls
>pretty colors/color dodge
>fan art
>sort of but not quite realistic, slightly anime-ish style
That's about it. And that describes like 1/4 of the most popular artists nowadays.
>>
>>2384272
cut, paste, overpaint if needed
>>
>>2375580

Maybe this cunt just had a super long neck? Consider that, fuck boi? Did you know the model personally?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.