[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without an art school its very hard to learn to draw. I am really,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: cot.jpg (52KB, 469x479px) Image search: [Google]
cot.jpg
52KB, 469x479px
Without an art school its very hard to learn to draw. I am really, really poor and i have no one to teach me or anything like that. Because of that I dont make any progress, simply because i have wrong habits and it got into my head so hard that i struggle with the basics everyday. There are no people to tell me that its good or bad, so i just move on and now i am a retard.

You cant win if you are poor.
>>
>>2370802
im not sure if this is bait, but if you tripfag yourself as" cc me please im a pathetic poor fuck", ill help you every time i see you post
>>
>>2370804
I dont know what are you talking about my friend.
>>
>>2370808
quick question.... have you read the sticky?
>>
>>2370809
Sure, yeah
>>
>>2370810
have you drawn more than 10 hours this week?
>>
Being poor isn't your problem. Being a dumb, lazy excuse maker is.
>>
>>2370812
No, those times are long gone. In the past I would totally do that, but now i am dry and tired seeing how shit everything is. I was trying lately to do something but I simply cant. I have no one to teach me properly and I cant do it by myself only.
>>2370814
Funny thing that I almost dont hear at all about any artist achieving his success just by sitting at home.
>>
>>2370815
a majority of artists are self thought.
You dont need someone to teach you.
You dont need to got to art school.

If you draw an hour everyday for 2 years, youll improve. If you draw an hour every 5 days for 10 years, you might not improve.

You're just looking for things to blame. Just go fucking draw.
>>
>>2370819
Of course they are self taught, but they dont achieve any meaningful success. Everytime I read or watch about some good artist I can see that he went to an art school. Weird, huh?
>>
>>2370815
I also don't hear at all about any artist achieving their success from being spoonfed all the time and not being resourceful with what they have access to, which in your case, is the fucking internet.
Depending on others won't get you anywhere near satisfactory, anon.
>>2370820
> Everytime I read or watch about some good artist I can see that he went to an art school.
You're not looking hard enough.
>>
>>2370820
this isnt true, i dont have any examples either way, but im sure some other anon will chyme in.
>>
>>2370826
Then give me some fucking examples. Even if you manage to find one and im sure you will, what, its 1 person for every 1000 people? You are fucked, if you are poor and I dont understand why do you try to debate with the facts.
>>
>>2370831
Here's some examples.
>>
>>2370831
an okay amount of people come to ic, learn and then go pro without going to school.
>>
>>2370834
Cool to see there are people who could learn without attending to an art school... but i doubt they made it just by themselves. As I said, going alone will make you go into wrong habits just like playing piano and then it gets really,really bad. Maybe those people were extremely talented to get good enough, I dont know. Anyway thanks for that picture.
>>
>>2370820
Only a minority of industry professionals have art degrees famboni
>>
>>2370842
In this post ill assume our levels are higher than yours

Youre making assumptions, we have more expertise and deny said assumption, and you still want to make an assumption that negatively impacts you. Why?

Its quite rare for any of us to have any real big help from a specific source to be honest.

Practice a lot, ask for specific feedback and post your work. People will help you.
>>
>>2370802
Yes anon you are correct time to give up and kill yourself because you have no future prospects, boo hoo.
/thread
>>
>>2370850
Thanks anon.
>>
File: o1862693.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
o1862693.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>2370802
Anon, try harder please.
I'm kind poor too, but we got the internet :D and thoses "free" materials. Try be more self-disciplined as well. Keep posting your work here (/ic/ can be fucking usefull sometimes) and others places.
Good luck!
>>
>>2370870
free tutorials are shit mate
>>
>>2370888
which is why you steal those that are behind a paywall holy fuck come on.
>>
>>2370891
good tutorials are those dedicated to specific people, like video lessons and such, everything else is garbage
>>
>>2370920
you are not worth one, not because you don't have the money, but because you wouldn't use it anyway

those are to give you a boost, not to lift you from 0
>>
Lel, if you're this determined not to learn, then you wont. Plain and simple

you happen to have access to humanity's greatest collection of knowledge whenever you want, there are literally no excuses. Either draw or don't. I've been to art school and trust me, half the people there don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>2370939

This
>>
>>2370939
Its their problem they went for something they dont understand. If you dont have a teacher, you will make mistakes like everyone else, but no one will correct you. Thats the point, moron.
>>
>>2370842
Jesus Christ dude. It doesn't seem like you're able to even accept the fact that you can become good at something without needing formal education.

I can tell you right now that your mindset is not going to take you very far, but being self-taught is all about having the drive to push and challenge yourself to improve. There's no assignments or deadlines or teachers, it's just you. That's what makes it hard. If you want to become a professional by being self-taught, you can. Now either believe this or don't, I won't waste anymore time trying to convince you.
>>
>>2370802

Whiny posts with stupid animal pictures always make me rage. That cat looks extremely punchable.
>>
>>2370820
Most art a hols don't offer life drawing here in the uk
. Or its a 6 week elective
I did a sculpture degree without being taught much about actual sculpting
>>
>>2370978
Art schools that should say.

When you've got some money together either when you're older or when your circumstances change I'd recommend a short life drawing class.
Other than that keep sketching people in the park or on the bus

There are usually free life drawing classes in big cities if you look hard enough .
Or life drawing/sketching clubs
>>
>>2370802
This is true for the most part, although you can learn the basics by yourself. If that doesn't satisfy you, find another job to pay for a school or give up - there is no reason to keep yourself angry because you are too poor for something etc.
>>
There is no good education without price, so I don't understand that rant OP. Of course you won't be able to get on the best level if you struggle to pay for bread, get over it by killing yourself, if you must.
>>
drawing is literally pleb tier skill, because even poorest of people can excel in you fucking bitch.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/humankind/2015/10/05/humankindhomeless-artist-profit/73375722/
>>
>>2370802
How long have you been practicing, and what are you studying from?
>>
>>2370802
don't give up you fuckin faggot , i need people in this industry to surpass
>>
File: 1427237388736.png (63KB, 599x389px) Image search: [Google]
1427237388736.png
63KB, 599x389px
In my backwards shithole country there's almost no good art schools or art culture for that matter, so I got myself a job and paid the fee to join the watts atelier, if you want there's also the cheaper Masters Academy.

Jesus anon, the opportunities are right there, stop being a fag. Seems like you enjoy thinking yourself into these "it's impossible!" scenarios.
>>
>>2370802
If you don't already work as an artist then don't bother going to art school
>>
>>2370802

you don't need art school. you need dedication, and a looot of time. that's it.
>>
>>2370842
There's only a limited number of decent art schools and most of them these days assume that you're clever enough to learn what you need to know autodidactically, just like how you'd keep developing your skills without handholding for decades after your graduation all the way into your grave. You've got the internet at your fingertips with shitloads of information with educational value, use it.
Your biggest problem is by far your attitude and not your wallet contents. In fact, there's no amount of money that could save you if you don't turn that shitty mindset around first.
>>
>>2371489
money can fix anything though, it depends on how you spend it
>>
vampire thread. beware.
>>
Anyone who can't self teach at all is wasting their time and money going to an art school. If you're worthless going in with zero ability to be self critical and improve yourself, you'll probably be pretty shit coming out. There's only so much an instructor can do for someone.

If you're really stumped, go to a class or a life drawing session for a bit with an instructor, but don't sign up for an art college.

As for the people saying "all the free tutorials are shit" that sounds to me like they're trying to find any excuse they can to not try. There are books and videos available in threads ON THIS BOARD that are themselves or address all the staples of paid education.

The people who benefit most from art school are the ones that would succeed on their own, but would benefit further from a good mentor who can spot things they can't just yet. I've seen more than my share of third and fourth year art school student blogs that haven't learned a fucking thing.
>>
>>2370842
>but i doubt they made it just by themselves.

They didn't, you retard.
They used the resources provided by others - countless books and tutorials, and critique forums - in addition to their own good sense.

Being self-taught doesn't mean you literally can't use any resource but yourself. It means not getting a formal education.
>>
File: 1439717042359.png (5KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439717042359.png
5KB, 500x500px
>>2370802
If you need a mentor to be one of the best, then who taught the first of the best?
Think about it.
>>
>>2372112
This. Stephen Silver according to his own words life drew constantly at Zoos and Theme parks and so on and attended classes at Ateliers. Despite probably not paying much for his education he's now rich as fuck, having worked at almost every major studio, and has his own Atelier-style school. Being rich certainly isn't typical for an artist no matter how skilled but the point is you can do it without school and you'd be foolish not to at least try, especially if you're only in your late teens and early 20s. Being nearly 30 myself I have many regrets about how I've approached art, but one regret I don't have is not going to an art school too early without putting in savage hours of self-teaching and fucking up a good part of my entire life as consequence.
>>
>>2372116
as much as i agree with what youre trying to convey, thats wrong. For example: If you need to be a taught to build a nuclear reactor then who taught the first guy? You can easily argue every iteration of teacher gets you better eventually reaching what we nowadays call great.

EVEN IF THIS IS WRONG.
>>
>>2370939
This, /ic/ you're way too charitable giving this lazy sod OP even the time of day.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.