[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

volume

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: markus-lenz-robotgirl2.jpg (789KB, 1920x1868px) Image search: [Google]
markus-lenz-robotgirl2.jpg
789KB, 1920x1868px
What book would you recommand to learn the volume? I really have a hard time to simplify form (you know when you start off and do a sphere for the head like loomis) I just can't get my head around it for some reason.. After years of frustrating attempts to draw anatomy, I'm thinking to just get Hogarth Dynamic Figure Drawing, draw non stop for a few months until I understand it and can draw it from imagination .. then apply a layer of realism after. The only problem is that I can see a lot of major flaws in Hogarth drawings, BUT he is the only one that seem to teach something easy to understand the volume and learning to draw the figure from imagination. Anyway let me know what you think about this, if you faced the same problem i would like to know what you did to fix it.
>>
How is your manual dexterity? that is an important factor in all of this. Maybe it's that you understand it you just can't bring your hand to move correctly.
>>
>>2348149
Thus saith Lord Vilppu: "Tools, not rules".

I'm having a tough time with this too, I finally decided that you have to come up with your own breakdown. I've been using Hogarth as well as an example, but I think the best thing to do is to get reference, and break it down into (your own) simple forms.
>>
>>2348150
No in fact its the total opposite.. i cant understand forms in 3d, i cant understand volume.. Thats why i can copy a picture perfectly and it looks like a photo but i cant draw from imagination, there are always so many flaws related to volume/structure
>>
>>2348155
Vilppu is really good too but I just don't like his approach , it is very 'renaissance' like and I think I will speak for many.. I am looking for something more actual, more comic? But if I wanted to draw more renaissance like i would be perfectly fine with vilppu indeed.
>>
Use vilppu's approach to feel out the form, then refine with structure from Hampton or Loomis.

Also, if you're having a hard time understanding form, look at some perspective exercises; Scott Robertson.

My first aha moment happened while watching vilppu go through his basic process.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.