[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do in the private sector with a PhD in History?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 5U9tjR6.jpg (50KB, 523x373px) Image search: [Google]
5U9tjR6.jpg
50KB, 523x373px
What can I do in the private sector with a PhD in History?
>>
Work for a private university, join an institute/think tank, self publish your work.
>>
>private sector

y m8
>>
>>675839
HAHAHAHAHA

>PhD in history

nice going retard.
>>
>>675839
Anon... I

I have some bad news...
>>
Janitor.
>>
Burger flipper

Home defense guard
>>
>>675839
Unless you plan to be a professor at a private university, I'd say nothing.

Really, most of us stop with our Masters.
>>
>>675839
Chief cunt of HR. Private archivalist.
>>
>>676541

How much does the janitor get paid? He takes his job very seriously..
>>
>>675839
I have an offer from a good school (think: Harvard) that is fully paid for. I must be able to go to the private sector and so something with the analytic/research/writing skills, right? There must be a VP somewhere in a Fortune 500 company. Wasn't Fiorina a Medievalist or some shit? Same with Gordon Brown
>>
>>677040
He doesn't get paid, actually! He provides his labor to his boss out of the goodness of his heart. After work he sometimes goes home to watch his girlfriend fuck large groups of black men.
>>
>>678707
Yeah maybe but what was the point of going full hog with a PHD if your intention was not to remain in academia. What was your thinking there? If you wanted to get into business the whole time why did you study history? Why?
>>
>>678732
Im finishing up my Bachelors now. I just got the offer. I'm trying to figure out if it will be worth it. I fucking love the subject, and it won't cost me a thing. I just want to see if I can also help my job prospects.
>>
>>678756
Getting a PHD in something not so practical like history can often hinder your job prospects more than anything. If you don't have a plan that is.
>>
>>678760
Hence why I'm figuring out a plan. I have heard that often graduates of top schools (Harvard/MIT/Stanford, etc.) can get hired as consultants because they are artistically good at analysis. Anyone able to point me in the right direction for this?
>>
>>678776
This is only true of bachelors students.
Moreover, you're on 4chan/his/ the consultants will eat you alive
>>
>>679287
Im also in a fucking excellent bachelors program. I mean yeah Im on a degenerate board but at least i don't do cocaine.

Literally what do I even google?
>>
File: 1454605016071.png (46KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454605016071.png
46KB, 557x605px
>>677040
You would(n't) be surprised.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.