[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the British saw the Irish Famine at that time? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: Famine_memorial_dublin.jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Famine_memorial_dublin.jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
How the British saw the Irish Famine at that time?

How do they see it today?
>>
They saw it as natural selection.
>>
Noone gave a shit. Noone gives a shit.
>>
>thread about the brutality of the IRA gets lots of reply with information about irish barbarianism
>suddenly some butthurt paddy makes a thread about "oi me four trillion poor starvingh oirish"
Guess next thread will be a Cromwell one you fucking potato eater
>>
>>669075

OP here. I am not even Irish (nor American) and I missed that thread apparently.
>>
The British Government barely undertook any action. They slowly ended the Corn Acts of 1815, but I'm not even sure if that was because of the Great Famine. And the Protestant English landlords actually continued to demand their rents from the Irish peasants.
>>
>>669075

Thats some butthurt
>>
File: 1451402335001.jpg (66KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451402335001.jpg
66KB, 200x200px
>>669075
You reap what you sow, Nigel.
>>
This is actually pretty interesting, how are modern relations between the Irish and British?
>>
>>669075
anglos are allergic to recognizing their mistakes and will vehemently defend the weakest positions even when they have nothing to stand on
>>
>>669240
Well the irish "say" they hate our guts yet they still keep moving here. As an Englishman I couldn't give a shit.
>>
Which is worse?

> be the eternal anglo
> enrich yourself by enslaving, killing, robbing and occupying half of the known world
> somehow claim the moral right to prevent Germany, Russia, Italy, France and Japan from doing the exact same thing
> vehemently refuse to admit any wrongdoing

> Be butthurt Johnny Foreigner
> Come from a shitty and irrelevant country
> Have to learn English to have any shot at anything in your life
> Live in Democracy because of anglos
> Live in glorious capitalism and globalization because of Anglo
> Use these gifts to sit on a Burmese outdoor living board and bitch about aforementioned eternal Anglo for attention
>>
>>669116

The Irish literally didn't
>>
>>669294
shots fired
>>
>>669294

Fucking savage
>>
>>669294
Bloody brutal.
>>
File: 1454610665047.jpg (298KB, 914x620px) Image search: [Google]
1454610665047.jpg
298KB, 914x620px
Brits are the ULTIMATE dindus. Zionist kikes are absolute masters at revisionism. I still lament to this day that Napoleon didn't cross the channel. He would have made William the Conqueror look like Koksal Baba.
>>
An excuse for genocide.
>>
File: images.png (22KB, 391x376px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
22KB, 391x376px
>>In 1845,OttomanSultan Abdülmeciddeclared his intention to send £10,000 to victims of the Irish potato famine, butQueen Victoria requested that the Sultan send only £1,000, because she herself had sent only £2,000.[1][2][3]The Sultan sent £1,000 along with five ships full of food. The British administration allegedly attempted to block the ships, but the food arrived secretly at Droghedaharbour and was left there by Ottoman sailors.[4][5]
>>
>>669265
I have some Irish family, and they said that only the old people really hate Britain. The young don't really care
>>
Non-butthurt brit here

It was actually considered a humanitarian crisis at the time (Karl Marx wrote about it) and people expected the Irish to rebel over it. It's true to a large extent the whole thing happened because the British elites saw the Irish as inferior and weren't as bothered about them dying, but whilst your average Brit at the time probably didn't have a great view of the Irish, they probably wouldn't approve of the brutallity.

Having said that though, they probably hardly heard about it, that goes for most atrocities associated with the empire

>>669240

Full of banter and friendliness, most actual hatred towards the Irish has died down since the 1970s, also a lot of Brits are part Irish (in some parts of the UK most brits have Irish ancestry.
>>
>>669046
I see it as another pitched battle in the 800 years war/Irish Catholic genocide.

But I'm from Liverpool, so we sympathize too much with the gaeltacht here. "Me da's frum donegall" or some such bullshit.
>>
So I'm a paddy.
The English didn't care and they still don't care - they think it is a joke.
However having said that I live in England so therefore can't say shit about 'fuck the queen' because that would be stupid of me.
The youth in Ireland are stupid in some areas such as Cabra/Finglas/general North Side Dublin. They seem to think glorifying the IRA is some amazingly patriotic thing as is hating the English, but it is ridiculous. At the age of 18, the only effects these kids have felt caused by the English have been positive - look at the bailout.
>>
>brutalize and exploit your neighbor for centuries
>eventually stop
>wait more than a few decades until new generations forget about it

the british are evil pros
>>
File: 1361670221534.jpg (11KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1361670221534.jpg
11KB, 247x248px
>>669294
rekt
>>
Ireland was producing more than enough food. It is just that the land owners made more money by exporting the food.
>>
>>669046

In fairness we just don't care, never have, never will.
>>
>>669294
I didn't take you as the humanities type, Carlos.
>>
>>669896
Irish anon here,

Pretty much this. Although a good portion of the land owners were British, a fair few were still Irish but there was more money in selling food to India than helping some starving family on the other side of the country. At the time we didn't see ourselves as Irish generally so there was no union or support from fellow Irish men.
>>
>>669294
utterly destroyed
>>
>>669046
>How the British saw the Irish Famine at that time?
The real crisis wasn't the lack of potatos but the unwillingness of the Irish to eat their own babies at the going market price.
>>
>>669075
Mfw angry black and tans near me
>>
File: 1xzQkSo.png (182KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1xzQkSo.png
182KB, 400x400px
>>669294
>>
File: 9.jpg (81KB, 618x416px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
81KB, 618x416px
>>670297
Mosley was literally the voice of reason during the Civil War, disagreed with an Irish revolution by force when peaceful alternatives existed, but respected the rights of those who wanted indepdence to campaign for it, and realised thu Black and Tans were making the situation even worse than it should be, leading him to making his greatest political career in leaving the Conservative party
>>
>>669947
>At the time we didn't see ourselves as Irish generally
this isn't true.

Depends on the person, some welcomed it others lamented it, most didn't give a shit.

>How do they see it today?
The vast majority don't know/care.
>>
>>669628
Turks are some bad ass heroes
>>
>>669449
Wut is this absolute bollocks. Practically everything Zionist occurred outside of that shit heap of a city save for some wealthy benefactors. Leon Pinsker and Theodor Herzl would be laughing hysterically at this
>>
>>669294
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>669046
They were glad it happened back then. They dont teach about it in history class today so most dont care.
>>
File: 1420248289480.png (62KB, 800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1420248289480.png
62KB, 800x1400px
>>669046
>>
>>671912
Kek.

I laughed pretty hard at that.

Fairly sure I'm going to hell.
>>
>>669240
Depends on who you ask and where you go; here in Ireland patriotism is considered to be terrorism rather than racism by our local SJWs. Unusually, they also really like British people and the British Empire. (how they reconcile this with their hatred of 'white privileged imperialism' is that 'Irish people had it great in the British Empire and need to stop whining because white people cannot be oppressed') There are still some patriotic people in the south though, particularly among the working class.

In the north, the older generation is generally patritoic in my experience while a lot of the millenial generation say they support the IRA if it comes up in conversation but otherwise don't really care.
>>
>>669277
I'd rather be Johnny Foreigner, at least my country won't be majority Islamic within 30 years.
>>
>>669294
Very good, Mohammad. (or however you spell your name)
>>
>>669075
Fuck you. When I asked questions, it was as someone who'd learned about the Famine but not the IRA.
>>
>>670307

It's almost as though angloposters are shitheads who are just spewing their dank maymay over every thread without thought.
>>
>>669294

REKT
IRISH BTFO
IRISH ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!
THE ABSOLUTE MADNESS OF IT ALL
>>
>>672925
>here in Ireland patriotism is considered to be terrorism rather than racism by our local SJWs.
Patriotism in Ireland is practically universal and SJWs barely exist. Nationalism in Ireland is traditionally a left wing affair.

>Unusually, they also really like British people and the British Empire.
No, that's West Brits, aka blueshirts, aka fascists.

>(how they reconcile this with their hatred of 'white privileged imperialism' is that 'Irish people had it great in the British Empire and need to stop whining because white people cannot be oppressed')
No, that's Americans.
>>
File: tohtpvgh-4jv8c7p.jpg (111KB, 516x458px) Image search: [Google]
tohtpvgh-4jv8c7p.jpg
111KB, 516x458px
>>669294
>>
>>669046
Free market will fix it
>>
File: FLmlpSA.jpg (145KB, 1200x477px) Image search: [Google]
FLmlpSA.jpg
145KB, 1200x477px
>>669046
Reminder
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.