[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: most stupid shit your country did in it's history.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: uchwalenie.jpg (66KB, 491x320px) Image search: [Google]
uchwalenie.jpg
66KB, 491x320px
ITT: most stupid shit your country did in it's history.
I'll start off with Liberum Veto in Poland.
It allowed other countries to influence our domestic policies and gave way too much power to our nobles.
>>
>>600713
Another claim that liberum huureto was the cause of the decline? When this meme will finally die?

Nope, LV was a symptom. A symptom that a few superrich magnate families became so powerful that they were able to wreck the state.
>>
File: Hue of Disapproval.png (187KB, 266x306px) Image search: [Google]
Hue of Disapproval.png
187KB, 266x306px
>Brazil
>Ah yes, a republican revolution. Of course, if it's the people's will, then the imperial throne shall be abolished.
>What do you mean there's negligible popular support for it?
>Oh well, I'm sure everything will work itself out fairly nicely.
>>
>>600722
I did not said it was a cause, I'm saying it was fucking stupid.
>>
File: wasa.jpg (76KB, 512x347px) Image search: [Google]
wasa.jpg
76KB, 512x347px
Sweden, built a massive battleship that sunk on its maiden voyage, within view distance of the port. Hundreds of sailors died, dozens of cannons were lost and of course the entire ship sank to the bottom of the ocean. Failure of the millennia.

Although the ship was recovered and is now a museum, so something good came out of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_%28ship%29
>>
Probably the Ronald Reagan worship. I don't think US foreign and domestic policy has ever recovered from the Cold War.

>muh soshulism
>>
>>600768
That museum is tight.
>>
>>600768
Swedish Naval History if you read about it, is some of the most awkward I have ever written.

Not allowed to retreat. Appointed Nobles with no naval experience as captains. Couldn't even build the ships proper. Loaded to many guns. Inexperienced crew.
>>
>>600788
yep, it was a prominent meme among the neighbouring countries at the time, that sweden could not into naval warfare.
>>
>>600768
That's really embarassing.
>>
Thats easy for me:
>german
>ww2
>>
United States.

Didn't focus more on finishing off the Bolsheviks in ww1, we sent a few thousand men in a half assed attempt.
>>
>>602778
why are you even alive, you were conquered and now slurp the conquerors semen.
>>
>>602800
Past the civil war the "usa" stopped being a nation state and became a soviet republic.
>>
File: YXc5KoV.jpg (188KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
YXc5KoV.jpg
188KB, 1024x746px
USA

buying slaves
>>
>>602820
fuck me, can't they just take everything we own and go back to Africa?
>>
Portugal
Treaty of Tordesillas
>>
>>602838
I just want them OUT I don't care the price.
>>
File: portrait-of-ferdinand-vii-1814.jpg (431KB, 1576x2257px) Image search: [Google]
portrait-of-ferdinand-vii-1814.jpg
431KB, 1576x2257px
Spain

Allowing Fernando VII and the Bourbons yo return
>>
>>602838
>>602872

The opportunity for that has long passed. Maybe if the American Colonization Society had been better funded, but alas.
>>
>>602800
taking americans with only a year in the western front into a war filled with every hardass motherfucker left in the east
>>
Mexico. Being handed the largest, most prosperous viceroyalty in the New World and fucking it up beyond belief. Although I'm not trying to suggest my ancestors din du nuffin, one of the main reason the criollo sponsored 11 year long conflict and subsequent mess were allowed to happen was thanks to this fuck >>602875

Viva Fernando VII my ass.
>>
>>602809
The US was never a nation-state, retard. Before the Civil War it was even referred to as "these" United States, rather than "the."
>>
>>603323
A singular nation state, not a singular political state, USA was like the HRE, many states one nation Europeans.
>>
File: hold pain harold.png (418KB, 547x621px) Image search: [Google]
hold pain harold.png
418KB, 547x621px
>>600713
>Italy 1939
>Declare war on France and UK with no opportunity of territorial gain, instead of declaring it on the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and easily take back Istria and Dalmatia.
>>
File: Wall Street love Bolsheviks.jpg (15KB, 208x350px) Image search: [Google]
Wall Street love Bolsheviks.jpg
15KB, 208x350px
>>602800
More like your country is one of the reasons the communist regime not only survived, but did not deteriorate into a failed state by the 1930s.
>>
>>600713

in 1848, first we raise an army and cross drava
dont realy crush the magyar revolution but theres a stalemate and we make some agreements, ok, everithing allright so far

march on vienna

now, the army under ban jelačić is the only organised armed force in the whole habsburg empire that isnt anti-monarchist or revolutionary, basicaly they are the empires last chance, jelačić can ask for anything, anything, any concession, any political right, any set of powers or reforms, or status or territory or autonomy or wathever

i mean they could as well have taken the throne there was physicaly no one there who could stop them

jelačić asks pretty much for nothing, like, nothing, he just bows down and kissed the imperial hand and thats it

crush revolution in vienna and go home

magyars and austrians singn some agreements and croatia gets politicaly fucked for the next 100 years or more, in practice degraded to a magyar colony and treated like shit

jelačić is stil a national hero, its completely retarded
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.