[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between German and Germanic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: German nationalism on the rise2.jpg (91KB, 540x464px) Image search: [Google]
German nationalism on the rise2.jpg
91KB, 540x464px
What is the difference between German and Germanic?
>>
>>600628
German: Language, culture and people from the country of Germany and its predecessors.
Germanic: Belonging to one of the people's who speak a descendant of the proto-Germanic language, such as the Germans, Icelanders, English or historically the Saxons, Jutes, or Teutones.
>>
>>600628
What is the difference between Mongoloid and Mongol?
>>
File: leftypol.jpg (140KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
leftypol.jpg
140KB, 800x531px
>>600628
>German nationalism on the rise2
gee, I wonder who's behind this post...
>>
>>600628

RE THE CAPTION IN THE IMAGE IN YOUR POST:

NO; THAT IS WHAT OCCURS WHEN SOMETHING IS REPRESSED, THEN RELEASED.
>>
The same difference between Spanish and Italic

The same difference between Welsh and Celtic

The same difference between Kurdish and Indo-Aryan

The same difference between Latvian and Balto-Slavic

The same difference between Berber and Afro-Asiatic
>>
>>600628
>It was ever socially unacceptable to fly the flag of your fucking country

wut
>>
>>601265
It's just a retarded meme
It's always been socially acceptable but simply uncommon
>>
>>601265
Nationalism is frowned upon in Europe.

It's why they make fun of us Americans for always waving our flag.
>>
File: 1405358683805.png (22KB, 933x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1405358683805.png
22KB, 933x1053px
>>601273
No its not. There's a gif that used to be posted all the time of a German politician waving a little flag and Merkel pulling it form his hands.
>>
>>601297
That's amazing to me. Would be career suicide here in the States.
>>
>>601297
>>601303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcc7xgD2dM
>>
>>601317
I don't like it either but I do think it would look a bit silly if she'd wave that miniature flag.
I don't have it saved but there's that one gif of a finnish official waving a little flag like that around and that looks fairly retarded.
>>
>>601297
>>601317
>There's a gif that used to be posted
Great argument, mate, also those comments are maxium autism
>>
>>601361
No, Merkel is known to dislike nationalistic things like that. She most definitely tossed it because she thought it would be of bad taste to wave her own country's flag.
>>
>>601361
>I don't have it saved but there's that one gif of a finnish official waving a little flag like that around and that looks fairly retarded.

She was not an official, but our fine republics esteemed president Tarja Halonen >:(
>>
>>601282
That's because st. George's has been appropriated by hooligan nazi skinheads since the 70s. The Brits wave the union jack around en masse.
>>
>>601402
>appropriated

Oh god fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>601402
Don't Neo Nazis in Germany wave the Imperial German flag since the swastika is banned?
>>
>>601414
>i wont stand for the use of an old word because a group i dislike for dubious reasons uses it in a context that triggers me!
>>601415
Yeah
>>
>>601402
>hooligan
>nazi
>skinheads
so many SJW buzzwords...
>>
>>601415
Yeah, and sometimes they just wave the current national flag or the one with the coat of arms or some other variation.
>>
File: 1398142446426.gif (124KB, 590x333px) Image search: [Google]
1398142446426.gif
124KB, 590x333px
>Being flag wavers
>Literally giving a fuck about Nationalism
>Defining yourself by a state you had no choice to be a part of when you spend all your time forsaking your "countrymen" to shitpost on 4chan.

Nationalism is fucking retarded, I have more in common with anons from all around the world on /int/ than I have with even my neighbours.
>>
>>603680
You have the right idea, but by posting this on /his/, tons of nationalists, imperialists and other chucklefucks will feel baited and they will attack you.
>>
File: 1432457297970.png (705KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432457297970.png
705KB, 800x800px
>>603680
>identifying more with the international board on a Indonesian tapestry weaving site than your country because you're too autistic to interact with people irl
wow, you sure are rocking the boat! The international order will surely crumble before your juvenile nihilism.
>>
>>600628
German here, I don't see the problem in the picture.

Are we supposed to be socially ashamed for eternity of who we are?
>>
>>601370
>Great argument, mate
fuck off britbong, what the fuck do you know about my country?
>>
What is the difference between Slavic and Polish?
>>
>>604048
no, you're supposed to be replaced by middle-easterners
>>
>>601385
Merkel is also a German, and therefor known to hate any spontaneous show of emotion.
>>
>>600628
german is a nationality
germanic is a ethnicity wich imo is outdated (since its thousands upon thousands of years old)
>>
>>601415
But what about people who support the second Reich in Germany? Do they get branded as neo-nazis? Also wasn't the imperial flag banned by the Nazis?
>>
>>604658
Monarchists are rather rare
>>
>>604113
>germanic
Germanicus!
>>
>>604048
I think for once it was just a joke. "Oh they went crazy with flags""

Get rid of that Merkel!
>>
>>604054
>my country
I've got a little surprise for you
>>
>they don't realize their entire ethnic group was named after the Roman general who subjugated the tribes across the Rhine
>>
>>600628
Germans are an ethnic group. Germanics are speakers of Germanic languages, like you and I
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.