[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it right to mourn the dead of those who fought on the wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1430771770705.jpg (81KB, 628x587px) Image search: [Google]
1430771770705.jpg
81KB, 628x587px
Is it right to mourn the dead of those who fought on the wrong side of history? Like the confederates or the nazis etc
>>
>>600306
Insofar as you have basic human empathy for your fellow man.
>>
>>600306
They could argue that one or the other had some character flaw that prevented them from seeing the "right" path and joining their cause, but I think both Yankees and Confederates, Nazis and Soviets would agree that willfully fighting to defend a cause you believe in is always an admirable action.
>>
>>600306
>wrong side of history
>existing

john green pls go
>>
Of course it is.

Young men getting mowed down in the hundreds of thousands or in their millions is always a tragedy.

That said, I think we should have killed more of Dixies men after the war to break their will go resist.
>>
>>600365
>we
You weren't even born yet. My father is 78 years old. He remembers being a young child in the mid 40s and seeing old men on TV who were Civil War veterans. It's funny how we aren't very far removed from that as we like to think.
>>
Sure. Most were simply conscripts or foot soldiers who needed to make a living. Not the people trying to push things like slavery or the holocaust themselves.
>>
>>600365
I still have visions of murdering yankees just for existing. Wound has not healed.
>>
>>600306
>Wrong side of history
fuck outta here
>>
>>600306
Yes Kreon you fucking faggot go suck off Tiresias and let people mourn their dead god damnit.
t. Antigone
>>
>>600306
>wrong side of history

>>>Reddit
>>>DemocraticUnderground
>>
>>600365
>He remembers being a young child in the mid 40s and seeing old men on TV who were Civil War veterans.

How is this possible? If they where 18 years old at the advent of the civil war, that would mean they would be 90+ in the 1940s.
>>
>>604966
>mourning literal traitors to the State

Lets be honest here. Polynices was a traitor. It's like saying I should mourn the death of Vidkun Quisling as a Norwegian.
>>
>>605001
>18
Haven't you heard about drummer boys?
Plus people would lie about their age to join.
>>
>>605059
Fair enough I guess.
>>
>>600306

of course not

we should all hold minutes of silence and pay our respects everyday to those brave Nazis, Confederates, ISIS fighters, Taliban, Soviets, Vietcong, and other soldiers who fought bravely but just happened to be on the wrong side

we should build giant memorials to them too with taxpayer money

faggot
>>
>>600306
I can't imagine having strong feelings for people who died before i was alive. Aside from interest of course.
>>
>>605067
>Viet Cong
>Wrong side

Amerifat detected
>>
>>605067
>Comparing Nazis to Isis
The Germans who dies fighting did so for the sake of their country and their people. They had good intentions. Isis and other terrorists died for no noble cause.
>>
>>605087

Nazis died to rid the world of the Jews, homosexuals, Slavs, gypsies, and communists.

ISIS died to rid the world of Shi'ites, homosexuals, Kurds, and communists.
>>
>>605081
Or french no?
We only entered that war because the forggies threatened to withdraw support from nato.
>>
>>605091
>Hitler wanted to exterminate all Slavs
Nice meme

>homosexuals, gypsises and communists
What's the problem?
>>
>>605094
Sure you did.

But that doesn't mean the Viet Cong was the wrong side. Even though they were communists(which I am not), they had mainly been anti-imperialists, and were trying to expel first the French, then the Japanese, and then the U.S tried to fuck with them too.

I think the Vietnamese had a right to defend themselves against foreign troops.
>>
why would you mourn someone that you never even met?
>>
>>605117
>What's the problem?

well generally its considered bad to kill people
>>
>>600306
Death is shit not matter where you are

And every side in history has had good people, even if they still fought knowing they were fighting for satan himself.
>>
>>605067
>Vietcong
>wrong side

gringo pls
>>
>>600306

The criterion is not "being on the right side of history", but "being right".

When I was a kid, my very northern dad and I were watching some movie about submarines during the Civil War (not the Monitor and Virginia, this was different). Anyway a southern crew died in the end, and I remarked that their deaths had been in vain. Dad got buttmad and said something like, NO, They DIDN'T, they CARRIED OUT THEIR MISSION or similar, to which I immediately replied a la "But of course they died in vain! You can't tell me anything about their mission. Their cause was wrong, and their side would eventually lose the war anyway. There's no salvaging what they did. They died in vain, dad." Then I kekked, having won the argument.
>>
>>600306

>Nazis

>Wrong side of history

fuck off back to R eddit
>>
After you are done killing them, yes.

Only right answer.
>>
>>600306
>wrong side of history
>>
>>605118
Nah m8. VCs were retarded, and there was the very real and present fear (especually in the south) that the VCs fuckery would lead to being recolonized by the chinks again.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.