[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pan-ethnic movements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: Slaavi Fantaasia.jpg (755KB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
Slaavi Fantaasia.jpg
755KB, 1280x968px
What are the arguments and logic for the reasoning of unitedness and cooperation behind the ideologies of various pan-ethnic movements, for example Pan-Celticism, Pan-Slavism, Altayic movement, Native Americans in the Americas? How did they sell the idea of uniting various different and separate ethnic groups into loosely defined bigger units?

Also, pan-ethnic movements in general. What are the more unheard ones and what are their ideology's like?
Sauce, essay's, analyses would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>586441
Is that an airship?
>>
>>586441

Cause if it worked for Germans or Italians, why not give it a try?
>>
>>586441
I'd argue it was as simple as one culture thinking it's superior to others, and in so conquered the other ones. Then through decades of obedience their cultures merged into one another in some way.
>>
File: 56436657.jpg (151KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
56436657.jpg
151KB, 800x578px
>>586450
Yes.
>>
File: slava.png (157KB, 3556x2222px) Image search: [Google]
slava.png
157KB, 3556x2222px
>>586441
SLAVS WORLDWIDE UNITE

KASHUBIANS REPORTING IN
>>
>>586464
So tell me, what arguments would there be against a hypothetical Kashubian state expandind and assimilating other Slavs, other than the meme
>we're a family
or
>we're stronger together

What rational arguments would explain why it is wrong for one group of Slavs to exploitate another group of Slavs?
>>
>>586482
There really aren't, and in fact this has happened and is still happening. One could say Russians are to this very day exploiting Ukrainians, or that Polish people are exploiting Silesians or Kashubians (Silesians are hardly a seperate ethnic group though, they do not even have a separate language.) My post, was of course a dumb meme-post directed at attracting attention, in fact I am a fierce opposer of pan-ethnic states and reduction of cultural (where native of course) diversity.
>>
I know Algeria tried to spearhead a pan-maghreb state composed of morocco, algeria and tunisia
>>
>>586441
>What are the arguments and logic for the reasoning of unitedness and cooperation behind the ideologies of various pan-ethnic movements, for example Pan-Celticism, Pan-Slavism, Altayic movement, Native Americans in the Americas? How did they sell the idea of uniting various different and separate ethnic groups into loosely defined bigger units?
>Also, pan-ethnic movements in general. What are the more unheard ones and what are their ideology's like?
>Sauce, essay's, analyses would be greatly appreciated

The defining factor is autism.

>these countries are all very similar to me because i have no real knowledge of them and are confusing me
>Why don't we just blob them into a big massive blob that soothes my autism

In reality, Pan Slavism was something the Czechs invented to distance themselves from the Germans, even though they are very similar to the Germans. The Russians used it as a tool to justify occupying Poland and various Slavic states, and also to spread their influence in the Balkans.

Apart form language there is no such thing as slavic unity. Im a south slav and the Greeks and Romanians are closer to me culturally than the Poles or Czechs.
>>
>>586441
>>586461
Good grief all that architecture look tacky. I feel sorry for people who believe in this kind of nonsense.
>>
>>586441
Aside from "look at all those numbers, if we add them together we could be stronk!" there's fuckall to actually support that, hence why all such movements failed or didn't even take off.

It's only useful for stroking egos of people who like to map paint.

>>586516
But Anon, Russians are Hyperborean Slavic Aryans (also all of Eurasia is Russian) who're 10000 years old and Perun is actually an ancient alien who flew in a vimana!
>>
>>586491
>Silesians are hardly a seperate ethnic group though, they do not even have a separate language

What? Silesians spoke German for over 500 years, and there is a Silesian language with about half a million speakers according to a 2011 census. I'd say they have a separate identity from the regular Poles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesian_language
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
>>586441
>tfw you will never experience the equanimity and glory of life in Airyana Vaejah (Hyperborea) the mythical Stem Lands of the Aryans.
I curse Angra Mainyu and DRUJ for its destruction!

http://www.avesta.org/dhalla/dhalla1.htm#chap2
>>
>>586441
>>586461

I fucking love these images

t. half slav
>>
>>586491
If Silesian isn't separate language, so is Kashubian. also

>Polish people are exploiting Kashubians and Silesians
nice meme bro
t. Silesian
>>
>>586532
W A S S E R P O L N I S C H
>>
>>586451
This.
>>
>>586544
They're barely even Slavic in influence.

Funny thing is, since Russians know fuckall about their actual traditions due to various reasons, they tend to use Finnish traditional motives and claim they're Slavic.
>>
>>586557

>They're barely even Slavic in influence.

Not in veracity, but they're based in some pseudo-anthropology about the origins of the slavic people, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 480x250px
>>586529
>But Anon, Russians are Hyperborean Slavic Aryans
According to the Zoroastrian, Slavic pagan, Hellenic pagan, and Vedic narratives; this is true.

>also all of Eurasia is Russian) who're 10000 years old and Perun is actually an ancient alien who flew in a vimana!
This is memes.
>>
>>586529
only 10000
glorius unkrainian civilization is at least 14 times older
also Jesus, Genghis Khan and Buddha were ukrainian and not smelly rusians
>>
>>586578
Stupid Ukrainians couldn't even defeat China like glorious Russian did 7500 years ago.
>>
>>586441
It's basically identity politics before it got a fancy name.
>>
>>586565
Technically it's about "origins" of the Russian people but due to Russian meme of "everything Russian is Slavic" I guess you could say so.
>>
>>586587
stupid russian aren't even older than cro magnon
>>
>>586592
>Dumbfuck Neanderthal being proud of inferior genes
>>
>>586441
>>586461
FYI these images depict the Slavic interpretation of Ēran-Wez / Airyana Vaejah "the Stem Land of the Aryans." Interestingly, the second term in the Sanskrit name "Airyana Vaejah," in the Middle Persian name "Eran Wez" and in the modern Persian name "Iranwiz" are related to the Slavic suffix -vich and to the English word "vagina".

http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Iran/Iranwiz.htm
>>
>>586597
>>586567
/x/ is the other way, friend.
>>
>>586595
putin shill
Neanderthals were wiped out by older superior ukrainian civilization
>>
>>586599
This isn't /x/-tier discourse, this is discussing commonalities in PIE mythologies and languages that are evidence for their undeniable common origin.
>>
>>586441
>How did they sell the idea of uniting various different and separate ethnic groups into loosely defined bigger units?
There are very few situations where it happened. Italy, Germany and... maybe... hmmm...
>>586532
>Silesians spoke German for over 500 years
In cities. Just like in Riga or Prague.

Generally speaking to understand the "situation" of Silesians and Kashubians think about Occitians. There are Occitian independence movements but they're... eh... hardly big, because majority of technically Occitian population identifies as French anyway, sometimes as both Occitian and French. Same applies to Silesians of Kashubians.

Pan-Slavism is kind of moot point because medieval slavs were likely very loose bunch. You've had both "core" slavs(you know, potato faces, pale skin, blonde or red hair) and something more Turkish/Persian/Gypsy like(brown eyes, darker mediterranean complexion, dark hair, often paired with potato face) etc. etc. in a single country and as they've identified themselves as people who can speak anyway you can assume that it's more of linguistic group than ethnic group.
>>
Pan-Slavism tends to fall apart when Slavs realize how different they are from other Slavs.

"I went to Russia as a Slav, and I returned as a Czech" - Karel Havlíček Borovský
>>
>>586636
Also because there are extremely powerful political forces working to prevent such a political movement.
>>
>>586637
Honestly it's mostly the differences. There were three attempts of "multi-Slavic" states in the 20th century: Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia and to some degree the USSR. All of them fell apart.
>>
>>586567
>according to Slavic pagan narratives

There are no Slavic pagan narratives. Fucking none. Slavs didn't record shit and what we know about their paganism comes from scarce records made by Christian missionaries.
>>
>>586644
Because of extremely powerful foreign influences. They would not have fallen apart if there existed only the internal differences.
>>
>>586644
Czechoslovakia didn't exactly fall apart.

It was just, nah it doesn't work kind of thing.
Think of England and Scotland. It's very similar.
>>
>>586659
Czechoslovakia wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for "powerful foreign influences".
>>
>>586657
>scarce records by Christian missionaries
And this is enough tbqh.
>>
>>586671
No, it's not enough. The records themselves are so vague that people to this day don't know whether Radegast was an actual god, a city or a mountain. Not to mention we know fuck all about East Slavic paganism and they had to reconstruct the whole thing using sources about Western Slavs like the cuckolds they are.
>>
>>586450
Yes, the ancient slavs used to build those, but the technology was lost.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 700x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 700x696px
>>586683
>being this ignorant
http://piereligion.org/slavic.html
>>
File: 1394840884064.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1394840884064.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
>>586759
>some Geoshitties site reconstructing religion with armchair linguistics
>>
>>586772
>ignoring that all the info is well sourced in a bibliography
>>
>>586792
It's all crackpot shit.

>Tale of the Dead Princess and the Seven Bogatyrs

Not Slavic at all. Even the word Bogatyr (Baghatur) is Turkic / Mongol.
>>
>>586814
It's not crackpot shit, you're the crackpot if you think that legends about the bogatyr having nothing to do with Slavic folklore.
>b-but these people who lived near or on the Eurasian steppe used a term that was also used by nomadic steppe warriors!!!
Doesn't matter, totally obvious why the word came into use in the Slavic folklore.
>>
>>586833
Not Slavic. RUSSIAN.

Some guy ITT mentioned it earlier, Russians are clueless imbeciles interpreting things they borrowed from Finns and Turkics as their own, calling them "Slavic" and then being baffled upon discovering other Slavs don't have them.
>>
Why are Finns so obsessed with Russia and seeking their acknowledgement despite claiming some pure Winter War warrior spirit and dreaming about killing Russians all day?
>>
File: Turanism.png (847KB, 2250x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Turanism.png
847KB, 2250x1117px
>>586883
Because Russia is rightly theirs!
>>
>>586441
Can't argue with the others but

>Pan-Celticism

Sexy borders (most important)
Slightly less irrelevant compared to powerful neighbours
Similar cultures and political values
Cooperation on cultural issues, language revival etc.
Affection between countries.
>>
>>586898
Memeing aside, core Russian territory was the homeland of Finno-Ugric tribes first and foremost.
>>
>>586854
>implying these aren't a part of Ukrainian and Belarusian folkloric heritage as well
>implying similar stories of the heroic Knight-errant aren't also found in the Western Europe
>>
>>586956
>implying Ukrainians and Belarusians aren't just subgroups of Russians

The мaлopycы and бeлopycы should be a hint
>>
File: Laughing orangutans.jpg (134KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing orangutans.jpg
134KB, 640x426px
>>586989
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.