[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /his/ familiar with the graffitti from Pompeii? http://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Roman-graffiti-on-building-2.jpg (51KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
Roman-graffiti-on-building-2.jpg
51KB, 520x347px
Is /his/ familiar with the graffitti from Pompeii?

http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm

Here is some gems:

II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8792: On April 19th, I made bread

VII.9 (Eumachia Building, via della Abbondanza); 2048: Secundus likes to screw boys.

VII.12.18-20 (the Lupinare); 2175: I screwed a lot of girls here.

VII.12.18-20 (the Lupinare); 2192: Sollemnes, you screw well!

VII.12.35 (Vico d’ Eumachia, small room of a possible brothel); 2163: The warmest hello to Saenecio Fortunaus, wherever he may go.

VII.15.11-12 (House of Verus; between the two doors of the house); 4838: Secundus says hello to his friends.

VI (on the Street of Mercury); 1321: Publius Comicius Restitutus stood right here with his brother

VI.14 (vico degli Scienziati); 3042: Cruel Lalagus, why do you not love me?

VI.15.6 (House of Caesius Valens and Herennius Nardus); 4637: Rufus loves Cornelia Hele

VII.2.18 (vicolo del Panattiere, House of the Vibii, Merchants); 3117: Atimetus got me pregnant

Reading these is almost like having a glimpse of Roman daily life, I love them.
>>
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1811: A small problem gets larger if you ignore it.

I guess some things never change
>>
VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1826: Phileros is a eunuch!
>>
Ofc we're familiar

lurk moar
>>
>>585689
I guess I will
>>
it's essentially their imageboard culture

there were probably some autists who spent whole days just scribbling memes on random walls
>>
File: Gaius and Aulus.jpg (60KB, 896x617px) Image search: [Google]
Gaius and Aulus.jpg
60KB, 896x617px
>>585667
Of course. It's one of our memiest memes.
>>
>>585702
I didn't know that, I used to use 8ch's /his/
I'm glad 4chan decided to make one
>>
>II.4.1 (bar; left of the door, near a picture of Mercury); 8475: Palmyra, the thirst-quencher
Palmyra confirmed gatorade capitol of the ancient world.
>>
This always brings me many feels. It reminds me than ancient people were just like us, with the same autisms and general attitude. This is something that generally gets lost to the student of history. I wish we had more insights in how the random pleb thought.
Roman feels best feels.
>>
>>585667
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin.

kek
>>
>>587228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgRmnmyNKaU

some of this stuff is good to read threads like this one too
>>
>>585667
I've always loved the word square, it reminds me so much of my beloved 4chan

R O M A
O M
M O
A M O R
>>
>>587328
S A T O R
A R E P O
T E N E T
O P E R A
R O T A S

> the sator square, of unclear meaning
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.