[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martin Luther King Junior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

So I found the first 3 quotes on Google, but yeah, MLKJ thread?
>>
>some stuff off wiki

At age 12, shortly after his maternal grandmother died, King blamed himself and jumped out of a second story window, but survived.

King was originally skeptical of many of Christianity's claims. At the age of thirteen, he denied thebodily resurrection of JesusduringSunday school. From this point, he stated, "doubts began to spring forth unrelentingly". However, he later concluded that the Bible has "many profound truths which one cannot escape" and decided to enter theseminary.
>>
Quote in pic sounds like Jesus when He said "how do you get rid off Satan with Satan?"

I guess Martin Luther King Jr was influenced by Gandhi as well
>>
File: 2016-01-18-16-36-42-30469608.jpg (8KB, 244x144px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18-16-36-42-30469608.jpg
8KB, 244x144px
Ok one more, I guess he was born Michael Luther King Jr, then later had his named changed.

And unfortunately like most of the world's greatest people to come on Earth and teach outstanding ethics of peace, was assassinated.
>>
>ITT: black quotes man
>>
Bump?
>>
>>574248
Why did he blame himself?
>>
Are they, the white supremacists hurting the black people by elecrical diffusion of their brain? So they wont even think about dreaming?
>>
>>574694
Idk, just found it on his wiki.
>>
We wuz philosophers n shit
>>
He'd probably find the current state of affairs appalling.
>>
>>574764
He definitely wouldn't. Thomas So well might just be the closest thing we have now. He's pretty Mich spot on a lot of the time. Affirmative action, quotas and/ etc. where there is no legitimate discrimination, welfare overrealiance, protests if `racism` and the like at colleges, General SJW/libtardism...It all just needs fuck off
I dislike using the race card but this is one of the few few few times I will and not only as a family moral person who believes in hard work and meritocracy but especially as an African American, it sickens me.
>>
>>575045
*I meant `He definitely would`
>>
>>575045
>>575048
Did your post get hit with autocorrect? It seems somewhat off.
I've seen a couple of quotes from Sowell but don't know that much about him.
>>
>>575045
Thomas Sowell is a joke.
>>
File: 1423090579724.jpg (59KB, 544x468px) Image search: [Google]
1423090579724.jpg
59KB, 544x468px
How the fuck is MLK the only man to have a US holiday?
>>
>>575081
Sure bud.
>>
>>575208
Columbus has a day, Washington and Lincoln have President's day, And I get holiday pay for 3-4 days twice a year for Jesus (Christmas/Easter). That always struck me as the odd one. Even a little cultish, in a fun way, you know.

The only thing that makes MLK special is that he is actually American.
>>
File: MLK Jr.gif (1023KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
MLK Jr.gif
1023KB, 400x265px
>He'd probably find the current state of affairs appalling.

>He definitely would
>>
>>575062
I guess it did as well. I know probably just a stone's throw more. Haven't really looked extremely heavily into him and don't know what he's up to know. I know among other things he decrys affirmative action especially in this day and age where there is no more reason for it. Compare it to when the alcoholic group, Alcoholic`s Anonymous was founded, there was a legit need for it and later on when their goals had been accomplished
the founder called for it to stop/slow down as they wanted had been . achieved. But they didn't. Their once was a very real need for affirmative action, etc. But there's not really a need anymore for nearly any of it. For the rare cases that actually might need it yeah ok.But everyone who claims to certainly doesn't need it and those who lie and cry wolf cheapen it's argument/take attention, resources and help away from those who need it most.
>>
>>575352
And I was thinking of that exact episode when I made my post
>>
>Oh yeah gimme that black ass of yours, hope only muh wife doesn't find out shiiiieeeet

Another legit quote
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.