[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more I read about religion, the more I think he was right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

The more I read about religion, the more I think he was right with this.
All theological disagreements are at the essence metaphysical, and religious beliefs are eventually described in a metaphysical system.
>>
>>573385

thats because popular religion is a play-act to translate metaphysical concepts into meme form that the popular imagination can relate to and run with
>>
>>573409
This desu. If you actually delve into it there's reasons for everything done in religion, but uncritical fedoratards and bible bumpers fail to realise this and instead just think religion is a set of rules or something that you're "born" with.

It's really a shame, because there's a lot to be taken from proper, introspective spiritual practice.
>>
>>574104
desu i don't think it should be made popular; those who can figure it out themselves will while the others can engage each other in their squabbles, where some dumb theologian will try to seek for proof of his texts in modern science or the opposite where a fedoratheist will try to use positivism for... inserting a banana into his asshole
>>
>>574450

if people can figure it out for themselves then what was the point of mystery religions?

no i think one man or woman can figure out very little, it takes groups and organisations to maintain such information and pass it on
>>
Everything's falling into place at last. I think the penny is going to drop at any moment.
>>
>>573385
>... religious beliefs are eventually described in a metaphysical system

OH, DO YOU THINK SO? (!)

WHAT WOULD THE ESSENCE OF RELIGION BE IF NOT METAPHYSICAL?

THE "POINT" OF THE QUOTE IN THE IMAGE ATTACHED TO YOUR POST IS NOT TO REDUNDANTLY REMARK ON THE OBVIOUS, BUT TO REMARK ON THE FACT THAT RELIGION, AS THE ASPECT OF METAPHYSICS THAT IT IS, IS THE FORM OF METAPHYSICS THAT IS MOST IMMEDIATELY APPREHENSIBLE TO THE AVERAGE PERSON.
>>
Metaphysics was deprecated by physics for a reason. Science has replaced philosophy as the torchbearer of truth.
>>
>>576851
>spiritually dead and mentally impaired: the post
>>
>>576851
>Science has replaced philosophy as the torchbearer of truth.
So you haven't seen philosophy contribute any knowledge to the world recently? Would you care to define knowledge? Oh wait. That's a category of philosophy. Well I'm sure that with the right use of logic and reason, oh wait. Logic and reason. That's also philosophy. Well, don't worry. I'm sure it won't affect your syllogism. Wait a sec. Syllogism. That's part of philosophy as well.

It's okay. Just keep living a good life, except, well, what the good life is is in the topic of ethics which is also philosophy.

But let's have some fun with nothing. Can you tell me what exactly it is and how it has any causative power whatsoever?
>>
>>576899
>Causitive power
What a load of crap.

Motion is impossible.
>>
>>576902
>Motion is impossible.
No. And that is statement was a source of ancient philosophical controversies involves Zeno, Achilles, Aristotle, Diogenes the Cynic and many others.
>>
>>573385
Religion is a patchwork monster, which started as one thing and over the years has been changed so much that nothing of the original design exists now.
Like a software program that has been hastily updated, but never properly redesigned or reworked, for many years.

Funnily enough its a good example of evolution at work, only it still carries many of its imperfections, much dead tissue and leftovers from times when this or that was useful.
>>
>>573385
No, Christianity is a metaphysics of the hangman.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.