[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I right in thinking that before Arab conquest, these were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: arabworld.jpg (189KB, 650x437px) Image search: [Google]
arabworld.jpg
189KB, 650x437px
Am I right in thinking that before Arab conquest, these were the dominant races:

Iran and Iraq: Persians

Syria: Assyrians and Semites

Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine: Semites

Egypt: Copts

Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Morocco: Berbers

Sudan: Nubians

Somalia, Mauritiana and Djibouti: Who knows?
>>
>>569756
>Iran and Iraq:Persians
Mesopotamia (Iraq) was not, nor was it ever, Persian
>>
File: persian_empire.jpg (142KB, 1000x723px) Image search: [Google]
persian_empire.jpg
142KB, 1000x723px
>>569784
yes it was. did the persians skip mesopotamia in their way to fight the greeks?
>>
>>569756

Can Persians and Semites even be considered "races"?
>>
>>569856
>they ruled it, so that means it was ethnically Persian

Do you think Egypt was Persian too?
>>
>>569862
Depends on the definition of race
Biological? No
Socio-cultural construct? Yes
>>
>"Semites"

That's an entire group, including Assyrians. And no, Iraq was also full of Semites.
>>
>>569756

Copts and Assyrians are Semites too, you nugget.

The Arab conquests didn't change that much. It was just a repeat of what had happened in Alexander's era with the Hellenisation of the Levant.
>>
>>569756
Even after Persians invaded, Assyrians and Babylonians were the majority most likely.
>>
>>569756
Learn the proper terms, m8.
>Persians
>Assyrians
>Copts
Ethnicity.
>Semites
Language family.
>>
>>569918
Copts are Semitic how?
>>
>>572321
Coptic aren't Semitic language per se, but it is closely related, being from the same Afro-Asiatic family.
>>
>>572326
so then why did you say they were semitic
>>
>>572329
It wasn't me, but as I've said, they are closely related, so he's more or less right.
>>
Tunisia was heavily latin before the arab conquest
>>
>>569756
The population of Iraq was never fully Persian. It was a clusterfuck of Semitic/Mesopotamian/Iranian races.

Furthermore Persian is a misnomer. The proper term is "Iranic." Persians are a subdivision of Iranic races.
>>
>thinking arabs literally raped their way throughout north-africa wiping out other ethnicities

Kill yourself OP.

Yes, culture and religion changed, but the people still look the same way they did before.

Egyptians are still Hamitic.

Morocco and Algeria are still largely Berber.

Iran is still largely Persian.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.