[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Israel not founded by GB?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: israel-karte.gif (50KB, 578x750px) Image search: [Google]
israel-karte.gif
50KB, 578x750px
OI! /his/

I´m writing a paper about founding states, and in one source I found the following quote:

> "Staatsgründung durch
Private ist zulässig (vergleiche: Israel)"

Meaning: The founding of states through private persons is legitimate (for example: Israel)

Can someone explain this to me? I thought Israel was founded by the Brits after giving up the mandate for Palestine?
>>
it was founded by the eternal Anglo-J*w who invested in constructing Israel in order to destroy the Palestinian state
>>
>>568369

IT WAS FOUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF GREAT BRITAIN VIA PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS.
>>
When Zionists first started settling in what would become Israel, initially there was no legal mandate for a state. It was just people going over there, sometimes with the backing of private groups (this increased over time) and settling. Many of them bought land, but because of how land right worked in the Ottoman system, people question the morality of this now. This was all done with the intention of creating a state, but a state wasn't actually created until the British Mandates and eventual UN resolution.

So, that statement is sort of accurate.
>>
>>568369

>I thought Israel was founded by the Brits

When will this meme die? Jewish terrorists were blowing up any Brit they could find.

Israeli unilaterally declared its independence. Britain favoured and supported the UN-proposed two-state solution. We supported the concept of Israel but had fuck all to do with its actual founding.

Shit, British officers were leading Arab troops AGAINST Israel in the '48 war.
>>
>>568514
This.
Disregard any other post in this thread (including future ones).
>>
>>568369
Jewish individuals and organisations had been stealing land from the Palestinians since the late 19th century. They just got the British to make it official.
>>
>>568369
No, Israel unilaterally declared independence like Rhodesia. However unlike Rhodesia Britain recognized it.
>>
>>569544
Literally every point in your post is wrong. Impressive, really.
>>
File: tumblr_nlp5wxkwci1ur346po3_250.gif (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlp5wxkwci1ur346po3_250.gif
67KB, 230x230px
>>568369
>The founding of states through private persons is legitimate (for example: Israel)

Does this still apply? Does that mean that Liberland has a chance?

For the unaware: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland
>>
>>569549
Okay, what did I say that was wrong?
>>
>>568369
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kTa9UkpXo
>>
>>568519
The British Officials thought that it would please the Protestant Population
When it turned out that most British people did not care and that the Arabs were getting angry they changed their minds
>>
>>569553
Sure
>>
>>568519
>unilaterally
Are you fucking stupid? Haven't you heard of the UN partition plan? I swear this board should have literacy tests at the door.
>>
>>568369
During the course of WW1, Great Britain offered numerous promises to both Arabs and Jews in the hopes that they would weaken the Ottomans and Germany. As a result of the Sykes-Picot Agreement, Palestine was granted to GB under a mandate.

Jewish immigration to Palestine had been underway since the beginning of the 20th century, funded in part by private individuals (Rothschild and Chaim Weisszman in particular) along with various diaspora Jewish organizations. Immigration increased greatly after WWII, and also from Eastern Europe due to the Bolshevik's hard stance against religious groups and minorities. As time went on, GB found little use in maintaining the mandate compared to what they had to put in and so gave it up to the UN to deal with. The result was the proposed two state solution that ultimately failed and you know the rest.

Tl;dr private individuals, Jewish organizations, the UN and perfidious Albion are responsible for founding Israel
>>
>>569553
Why the fuck does it matter? State recognition and legitimacy is an entirely relative concept, and here it basically means "do other countries like me enough or can I force them to recognize my claimed area at gunpoint"?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.