[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperial Japan WW2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: LeonardGSiffleet.jpg (441KB, 1186x1754px) Image search: [Google]
LeonardGSiffleet.jpg
441KB, 1186x1754px
Why is there seemingly so little in the way of photos and film taken by the Japanese in WW2?

I've read anecdotes in the past about the existence of gun camera footage of the raid on Pearl Harbor being lost with the sinking of some IJN flag ship, or the photos of mutilated marines of Wake Island being found amid the personal effects of dead Japanese soldiers on Guadalcanal, so surely they did document themselves.

Was it a purge of possibly incriminating evidence like the USSR and the Katyn massacre? Some cultural quirk that saw them destroyed in defeat? Or are they just sitting dusty in some archive?
>>
>>567591
Are you looking for Imperial Japanese photos in English?
All can be solved with digging moar
>>
>>567663

I'm more curious if they exist in some Japanese nation archive or something similar. It's easy to find American, German, and in most cases Russian photos in droves but it seems like there is little available from Jappan
>>
>>567668
Much of what is out there is of pretty low quality compared to what you can find from other countries.
>>
>>567798

But this problem was resolved formidably by the country taking control of the photography industry with glorious victories by the armies and navies of Nikon, Canon and Sony. Japan will never again have shitty war photos.
>>
>>567591
The filthy nips burnt and destroyed a lot of their evidence because they are cowards who can't own up to their crimes or face the punishment because of 'muh pride'.

Now the nips spend their existence trying to make foreigners think they are 'le so cool and interesting so you should forget about how evil we really are and the fact that we took in about less than 20 refugees in several decades while working with countries that create refugees' which shows they haven't hanged as a country at all.

They need to be purged lmao.

>>567819
Die
>>
Japan sat out WW2 though. Anything else you hear is Korean lies.
>>
All the good photographers with quality cameras were over in the eastern and western fronts documenting what actually mattered
>>
File: 1436108720119.png (561KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436108720119.png
561KB, 1000x1000px
here m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EsW_uvnSao
>>
>>569895

Mr Trump.... Is that you?
>>
>>567591
The relative lack of Japanese war records seems to be a combination of all those things you mentioned.

A lot of records were lost to various wartime causes, particularly with firebombing efforts burning several major cities to the ground. More were lost to the actions of the Japanese themselves at the end of the war. It's not really clear as to why they did so, but they tried to purge most of their records when the war ended, and in fact were so good at it that for things like pre-war government proceedings, all we have is a couple of file boxes one guy saved in his basement (could be a bit wrong with that, but the Japs did a hell of a lot more record-purging than the Nazis did).

Given that the Japanese seemed more concerned with honor than accountability for any wrong they may have done, I'd assume that most of their purging was the product of their near-alien sense of "honor" than really trying to cover their asses.
>>
>>569895
t. pong huk lee
>>
>>570314

this is a good observation

people usually think of "honor" as "doing the (morally) right thing"

The Eastern sense of "honor" has more to do with saving face. Even if you ARE to blame, if all evidence of your blame is erased, boom. Righteous.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.