[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it plausible that another being brought us mathematics long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1020KB, 1500x3842px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1020KB, 1500x3842px
Is it plausible that another being brought us mathematics long ago? How did we come up with numbers and all the do-hickey symbols that mean multiplication or division or other symbols that have mathematical meaning.

Is that what happened in our history? How can humans have come up with math on their own?
>>
>>564402
>picrelated
Im not reading all this shit
>>
Aliens/UFOs are demons.

Don't fall for the coming Antichrist deception.
>>
Is counting rocks really so complicated that it had to be aliens?
>>
>>564402
>it is unlikely that we came up with numbers on our own
>it is comparatively more likely that someone else came up with numbers on their own, came in UFO's, gave it to us, then left
My God how do people like you exist?

We developed abstract representations of quantities and operations because there is a clear need to do so (writing was first invented to measure tax collections on surplus grain).

It is 100% not even a question possible that we came up with ways to define material truths by abstract human construct (t. language, scholarship, art, civilization). Why the fuck would numbers by any different? And why would aliens happen to give math to us in base 10 (conveniently the number of fingers we have)?

I know this must be b8 but there are people out there in the world who are dumb enough to go "wow civilization looks like it was hard to do! The least assumptive explanation is aliens lol" and that's pathetic
>>
>Aliens will know natural selection
I'm not sure this is true, the obvious implication necessary for this would be that they have the same basic chemical makeup as us, and the same type of genetic material.
>>
>>564640
If they can understand the concepts of scarcity and time then they can natural selection.
>>
>hey guys I've never studied history, was it aliens?
>>
>how were humans able to come up with drawing lines in the sand or using beads or knotted cords on their own?
>clearly it was aliums!

Are you legit retarded?
>>
>>564481
It's past bedtime, Mel.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.