[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

>These incarnate Devils laid waste and desolate Four Hundred miles of most Fertile Land, containing vast and wonderful Provinces, most spatious and large Valleys surrounded with Hills, forty Miles in Length, and many Towns richly abounding in Gold and Silver. I judge that they by new invented and unusual Torments ruinated four or five Millions of Souls and sent them all to Hell.

>At their Entry into a certain Village, they were welcomed with great Joy and Exultation: The Spaniards departing thence, a Captain related to the Superior Tyrant returned thither to rob this People, and pierced their King through with a Lance, of which Wound he dyed upon the Spot, and committed several other Cruelties into the bargain.

>The Chief Tyrant caused many Indians (above Two Hundred as 'tis noised abroad) whom he summoned to appear before him out of another town, or else, who came voluntarily to pay their Respects to him, to have their Noses and Lips to the very Beard, cut off; and thus in this grievous and wretched Condition, the Blood gushing out of their Wounds, returned them back, to give an Infallible Testimony of the Works and Miracles wrought by these Preachers and Ministers baptized in the Catholic Faith.

>I also affirm that I saw with these Eyes of mine the Spaniards for no other reason, but only to gratify their bloody mindedness, cut off the Hands, Noses, and Ears, both of Indians and Indianesses, and that in so many places and parts, that it would be too prolix and tedious to relate them. Nay, I have seen the Spaniards let loose their Dogs upon the Indians to bait and tear them in pieces, and such a Number of Villages burnt by them as cannot well be discovered: Farther this is a certain Truth, that they snatched Babes from the Mothers Embraces, and taking hold of their Arms threw them away as far as they would from them. They committed many other Cruelties, which shook me with Terror at the very sight of them.
>>
>>558838
> Creates a Christianity thread, copy pasta's text about the Spanish
>>
File: 1444483989767.jpg (48KB, 336x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444483989767.jpg
48KB, 336x600px
>>559000
I'm pretty sure OP's quote was from a priest.
>>
What's your favorite Bible verse and why?

What's your favorite book of the Bible?

Have you had any revelations or epiphanies about Christianity lately? Please share.
>>
>>559714
Matthew 22:35–40 and Mark 12:28–34 because it's the greatest commandment.

Book of James

No. I am but a layman. I have not learned how to listen in silence and pray unceasingly yet.
>>
Bartolomé de las Casas was a cuck.
>>
>>558838
>so why is the whole thread typed like this like come on yo
>mention Jesus in thread first
>>
File: Elijah vs Baal.jpg (2MB, 1600x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Elijah vs Baal.jpg
2MB, 1600x1159px
Was John the Baptist the second coming of Elijah?

In Malachi, the return of Elijah is prophesied.
>“See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”
>Malachi 4:5-6

In Matthew 11, Jesus makes it sound like John the Baptist was the second coming of Elijah.
>Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. Whoever has ears, let them hear.
>Matthew 11:11-15

In Matthew 17, Jesus says that Elijah has already returned, and the disciples assume that it was John the Baptist who was the returned Elijah
>Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
>Matthew 17:11-13

cont.
>>
File: Elijah.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Elijah.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>561146
The problem with all this is that in John 1, John the Baptist says that he isn't Elijah.
> Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”
>They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”
>He said, “I am not.”
>“Are you the Prophet?”
>He answered, “No.”
>Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”
>John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”
>John 1:19-23

So what do the Christians of /his/ think?
Was John the Baptist Elijah?
Are we still waiting for Elijah?
Does Revelations say anything about Elijah?
>>
>>561147
Sounds like Jesus was speaking figuratively, while John the Baptist was being literal. Or, John the Evangelist didn't consider fulfillment of prophecy as important as John's role in witnessing and expounding the Word
>>
>>558838
Too bad no one listened to the clergy then.
But hey, who cares what bunch of stuffy faggots in robes think, with their human right and treating people decently and stuff?
We got looting to do.
>>
>>559714

>What's your favorite Bible verse and why?

1 Kings 12:10-11

>And the young men that had grown up with him spoke to him, saying" Thus you should say to the people that complained to you, saying 'your father made our yoke heavy, but lighten it for us' you should say to them 'My littlest finger is thicker than my father's penis"

>And while my father burdened you with a heavy yoke, I will ad to your yoke, my father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions.

>What's your favorite book of the Bible?

Deuteronomy.
>>
>>561147
>Was John the Baptist Elijah?
No. What Jesus meant was that the Forunner can be compared to as Elijah. While John himself reminding everyone that he was just a Servant of the Lord.
>Are we still waiting for Elijah?
No.
>Does Revelations say anything about Elijah?
He along with Enoch will preach in Jerusalem, do battle with the antichrist, then after being killed with their bodies left on the street for three days will come back to life.
>>
>>561247
Not 2 Kings 2:23-25?

>Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.
>>
>>561266
>>561247
Jews
>>
>>561367
*The bible
>>
>>561266

Nah, that one doesn't get bowlderized in the same way. I like the verses that are really pithy and openly sexual that get covered up by no fun allowed people.
>>
>>561247
I think I saw you post in another thread before. Is that actually your favorite verse and book are you trying to be edgy?
>>
Had a dream last night. I should probably start going to church again. God's pissed at me.

I listen to music when I sleep. Johnny Cash's 'Ghost Riders In The Sky' played before I woke up so that was heard directly in my sleep. He basically narrated but I dreamt the scenario from Marty Robbins' 'The Master's Call' of looking at near death and crying and begging for God's mercy; being granted it at the end. Giant storm started raging when I missed the 'deadline' to repent or something.

All I remember is it started getting real stormy. Lightning, wind, and rain. Not to mention Johnny's voice scared the shit out of me. I dropped to my knees and started praying and begging Jesus to save me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and everything cleared up immediately. Then I woke up.

Shit was terrifying, man. It was surreal.

I just needed to share.
>>
File: 5.png (219KB, 1423x847px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
219KB, 1423x847px
>>
>>561147
>revelations

It's just Revelation.
>>
Why does God love us?

Serious question. How does He love literally everyone no matter how bad they are?
>>
>>567020
Because we are all his children
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.