[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much east African heritage do African Americans have, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: roots.jpg (164KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
roots.jpg
164KB, 590x421px
How much east African heritage do African Americans have, or are they exclusively of west African and European descent?
>>
Some not insignificant number of slaves to the New World came from Mozambique, but I don't know how many of them ended up in the modern US.
>>
>>542407
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade#Slave_market_regions_and_participation

>Southeastern Africa (Mozambique and Madagascar): 4.7%
>>
>>542359
Depends on the amount of Fulani heritage they have
>>
>>542410
>>542407

Yeah I meant more kind of on the Ethiopia-Somalia area than southeastern.
>>
I imagine Ethiopian immigrants have quite a bit op
>>
>>543744

Yeah thats what I obviously meant
>>
>>542359

What im curious about is, does the amount of white mixture make American blacks a seperate enough race?
>>
File: blacknyellow.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
blacknyellow.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>543823

Yes, their position in autosomal PCA charts is unique because of their admixture, thats why they are pulled in the East African and direction from west African.
>>
>>542359
Just out of interest, what would a slave cost in todays currency?
>>
>>543860
'bout tree fiddy
>>
>>543860
A good quality unskilled slave would be around 34,000USD. A skilled slave might be double that. Of course, that's just taking the slave costs in the 1800's and doing inflation adjustment. Since market demand now would be lower (due to the fact that most people find slavery abhorrent), the price would be lower as well.

The fixed costs for keeping a slave would probably be around 50-100USD a day, based on how much it takes to keep inmates in a prison.
>>
>>543919
I'm sure you could find some figures on the sex trafficking trade going on nowadays and extrapolate from that
>>
>>543922
I think those numbers are going to be artificially low, since most of it is people going around to starving families and saying "I'll buy your daughter and pay for a month of food."

I think you'd want to look at how much pimps pay to trade high-end call girls (or however that industry works), but I'm really not savvy enough to go out and talk to a pimp.
>>
>>543860
South Carolina, 1800-09 prices $381 ( http://cliometrics.org/conferences/ASSA/Jan_00/rosenbloom.shtml )

Using Measuring worth treating a slave as a capital good (nominal GDP/capita):
$228,000.00
>>
>>544306
Thats the cost of raising a child from 0 to 20 today.

Man, its nearly impossible to get relative worths of of things with only adjusting for inflation.
>>
>>544329
>Man, its nearly impossible to get relative worths of of things with only adjusting for inflation.
There are seven different kinds of inflation.
>>
>>543860
As much as a car probably
>>
>>543855
Drift is the answer for that, not Eurasian ancestry which isblargely overstated and misconstrued.
>>543784
No
>>543733
Bantu btfo Cushitic peoples in Mozambique.
>>
>>544955
>>544306
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.