[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me about history of russian language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: alexander nevsky.jpg (132KB, 444x512px) Image search: [Google]
alexander nevsky.jpg
132KB, 444x512px
tell me about history of russian language
>>
>>541324
It's heavily based on written Church Slavonic language as opposed to spoken dialects due to colonial nature of Russia. First person who laid the foundation for modern Russian language was Lomonosov with his High, Middle and Low styles - modern one started to be developing around Middle style.

Alexander Pushkin is generally considered the first person writing in proper modern Russian language.
>>
CYKA
>>
Is Polish more influenced by Germanic languages?
>>
>>541406
BLAT
>>
>>541422
There are tons of German loanwords, however we don't use plural forms to indicate respect, which is in both Russian (Vy) and German (Sie)
>>
>>541345
So Slavonic was what the church and scholars wrote in and Pushkin was the first to write in the vulgar dialect of the plebs?
>>
>>541981
>tons

like what?
>>
>>541981
Poles confirmed for rude af
>>
BLINI KOTTTTT
>>
>>542014
Bruk - Cobblestones, from German Bruecke (bridge)

Dach - rooftop

Burmistrz - mayor from Burgermeister

Kartofle - regional name for potatoes

Rycerz - knight from Ritter

Fałsz - false from Falsch

Jarmark - a festive market (Jahrmarkt)

Kino

Fajerwerki - fireworks

Szlafrok and Szlafmyca - nightrobe from Schlafmütze and Schlafrock

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanizm

just look
>>
File: 1433743965295.jpg (183KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1433743965295.jpg
183KB, 1124x1024px
>>542062
I've never understood this meme to be honest
>>
>>542005
More or less. However the Slavonic influence on Russian was so strong that the Russians didn`t really see Slavonic as a foreign language, but just as a highflown version of Russian. Basically the language of state administration and scholars was a mix of Russian and Slavonic. In Lomonosov`s three styles the higher the style is the more Slavonic words it has. Today there`s a shitton of Slavonic loanwords in Russian, but they aren`t seen as foreign at all - more like just old-fashioned and/or literary.
>>
>>541422
>>>
> Anonymous 01/11/16(Mon)23:51:21 No.542893▶
>>>542005
>More or less. However the Slavonic influence on Russian was so strong that the Russians didn`t really see Slavonic as a foreign language, but just as a highflown version of Russian. Basically the language of state administration and scholars was a mix of Russian and Slavonic. In Lomonosov`s three styles the higher the style is the more Slavonic words it has. Today there`s a shitton of Slavonic loanwords in Russian, but they aren`t seen as foreign at all - more like just old-fashioned and/or literary.
Both have a huge number of loanwords. Probably Russian has more, because there never was a strong popular or state support for linguistic purism. For example, Russians use latin names of months while Poles , Czechs, Ukrainians and Croats use Slavic ones. Russian names are also overwhelmingly of Greek, Hebrew or Latin origin.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.