[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that the subjective morality of law, devel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1451731215125.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451731215125.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
Friendly reminder that the subjective morality of law, developed over time by mankind, is far greater than any "objective" morality as defined by a far fetched claim that "god" magicked up your morality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBiLT3LASk
>>
>>515090
Morality is a sham fyi
>>
>>515090
>developed over time by mankind
i think you meant to write 'revealed to man by God'

it's ok, a lot of people make this mistake
>>
File: assburger.jpg (40KB, 340x376px) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
40KB, 340x376px
>>515273
>>515090
As an atheist, I can't stand seeing this kind of shit on /his/ anymore.
>>
>>515090
>by a far fetched claim that "god" magicked up your morality.
What the hell is this supposed mean? You know the laws that man first made were intertwined with what was believed to be the will of the gods / will of the supreme God.

Even in supposed legalist systems, the authority of the law came from the Emperor who's authority (it was believed) was in turned bestowed upon him by Heaven.
>>
>>515282
as a normal person your stupidity is funny to me. how do you miss the point that god is a synonym for truth and religion is a metaphor? your entire frustration is that you don't understand how religious people view the concept of god.
>>
>>515318
You're missing my point. I'm saying religious discussions on /his/ are a pain in the ass.

Also I was baptized catholic and did a first communion, I "understand" the whole thing. But that is besides the point.
>>
>>515329
if you are indeed op, what kind of discussion were you aiming for? Or you just didn't like that Christianity has a coherent philosophy, so you just want to end the discussion if it's not a recitation of your first post?
>>
>>515273
>i think you meant to write 'revealed to man by God'

>common and civil law codes were revealed by god

/pol/ has reached brand new levels of retarded. I didn't think it possible
>>
>>515336
I'm not OP, neither am I taking sides. You don't see my posts supporting him. I just wish there was a board for spiritual discussions so people wouldn't have to put up with this shit.
>>
File: 1451555230227.gif (3MB, 442x366px) Image search: [Google]
1451555230227.gif
3MB, 442x366px
nah
>>
>>515344
are you claiming the morality enshrined in law in the west developed in any way independently from the, let's use the generic phrase, 'religion' of the west?
>>
>>515347
he fucking invoked 'God' in his original post. what the fuck discussion was he aiming towards? Seriously ya'lll are fucking retards man. fucking lel.
>>
>>515352
Yes he did, and I just said I couldn't stand seeing on /his/ the kind of debate that he raised. Do you have a reading comprehension disability?
>>
>>515349
i get that abortion is fucked. but it really isnt practical to expect everyone to carry some stupid chad's baby to term and then raise it for 18 years.

should people not have sex? what if the condom breaks? what if its a rape baby?
>>
>>515427
People shouldn't have sex outside of wedlock, no.

I will admit that what my priest said is true: the best way to stop abortion to start opening up very high quality orphanages, and it would be a lot better if the pro-life movement poured more money into that.
>>
>>515090
>developed
You realize that you can only use a term like that if you believe in an objective standard of morality.
>>
>>515368
Why? You hate being confronted with world views that radically differ from your own?
>>
>>515347
A history and humanities board that didn't talk about religion would breed misunderstanding.

1. You cannot understand history if you don't understand religion
2. You cannot understand religion if you don't understand the reasons and PHILOSOPHIES behind why people believe in them.
3. You cannot understand the reasons and philosophies if you don't talk about them
>>
>>515465
Even more than orphanages, we also need to improve natal rights for women in this country.

A woman can't give birth to a child to give to an orphanage if she lives in fear of being fired for being pregnant.
>>
>>515551
Change the minimum wage to be based on the cost of living for a family instead of an individual (unless the individual is working for his or her family), and you will see that problem rapidly diminish.
>>
>>515555
Pushing the minimum wage up to those kinds of levels would put a huge amount of pressure on the economy and would effectively destroy small businesses around the board.

This would futher increase unemployment and force more people onto welfare.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 800x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 800x634px
>>515427
>Aborting rape babies
>Punishing the child for the sins of the father
>>
File: 1444966816698.jpg (64KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444966816698.jpg
64KB, 540x720px
>>515090
yup
>>
>>515660
Thats actually a fairly christian concept, God is still punishing women with painful childbirth due to what Eve did

>Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
>>
>>515626
You wouldn't need both parents working in every household, meaning a bunch of people would leave the labor force.
>>
>>515626
Also, accounting for inflation, minimum wage is about half what it was in 1970
>>
>>515555
That would likely make the problem worse. If minimum wage is higher, and the demand for labor is lower, that is likely to incentivize employers to lay off workers who have an unwanted pregnancy, not to pay them twice what they refused to pay before.
>>
>>515720
>You wouldn't need both parents working in every household, meaning a bunch of people would leave the labor force.

Unless people got married in their late teens and existing married couples not only decided to reduce thier net income by quite a large amount - that is by permantley leaving the workforce to be stay at home parents it wouldn't work as the net cost of paying more money to singles, and people re-entering/trying to enter the workforce would put a huge pressure on buisness and make them even less competative.

Those are two massive culture changes that need to happen.
>>
>>515728
Precisely due to those downward pressures on labour value created by technology and a more competitive global market.
>>
>>515709
>Informing Eve the consequences of sin bring death into the world is a punishment.
Women did not inherit the guilt of Adam's sin, only the fact that such an environment that was brought forth by Adam caused such a state. Not all Christians subscribe to ancestral sin.

But I digress. The concept that you imply is Judaic in origin.
>>
>>515911
Wait so sins of the father is not ok but sins of the mother is something entirely different? Women are literally punished to this day due to the actions of their anscestor Eve
>>
>>515943
Incorrect. Nobody is punished by the sins of their parents; not even by the actions of Adam and Eve.
>>
>>515761
Also could be way more women being in the workforce today.
>>
>>515966
>Also could be way more women being in the workforce today.

Of course they were a massive part of that do you think the power derived for profit and efficiency cares about families?

The fact that there were tens of millions less men and destroyed cities also played a big part in the seeming prosperity of the post war boom.

>>515957
Genesis 3:16
>>
>>515957
But parents are punished for the actions of their children.
>>
>>515986
>Genisis 3:16
>Reading the Bible like a Literalist American

http://www.stmaryorthodoxchurch.org/orthodoxy/articles/ancestral_versus_original_sin
>>
>>516072
Rapist father goes to prison. The crime? Being a rapist.

Baby get's aborted (executed). The crime? Merely existing.

Mother is a rape victim. The crime? What crime? She didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>516072
If you lead others to sin, and their sin even leads them to their death; He will hold you accountable for their blood.
>>
>>516119
>Reading the Bible like a Literalist American
>Any postion that disagrees with me must only be from biblical literalists - just like those pesky Catholics

That whole article is based upon one modern work and essentially states that passages like the one in Genesis 3:16 and its consequences were the fault of adam rejecting God which "infected" humanity with all the pain and suffering not out of punishment but out of love.

So you just turn original sin from being a punishment to original sin being just a consequence of Adam disobeying God which just happens to "infect" all his descendants with mortality and pain.
>>
>>516139
Her crime is being the descendant of Adam and Eve.
>>
>>516341
The Orthodox doctrine of original sin has never changed, it's not some new concept. Augustine was the one who popularized the Latin doctrine.
>>
>>516346
How is "infecting" all his future descendants as opposed to giving the inheritance of it with the fruits of his misdeed not sematics
>>
>>516359
It wasn't just the descendants, it was the whole of the material world. This has nothing to do with guilt, insects don't die because they are being punished.
>>
>>516371
Insects die because Adam failed to obey God?
>>
>>516395
Correct. At least in Orthodox Christianity. Insects also have eternal souls.
>>
File: globe-sun (1).jpg (720KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
globe-sun (1).jpg
720KB, 650x429px
>>515709
Thought..
When the women don't feel the pain when give life for a child..
Do she can really love her/him?
Think the good mother know as she carry the pain what she need to bring in the Earth a little soul and the really good Mother in their life time try to carry them until they grow up.
With all of the Mother love the child be a hero.. a wizard.. or a princess.. an amazon..
It's depends a lot of things.
Maybe when a Mother go to the Darkside some way.. that is not must to be so bad..
That energy what they get from there and give they child is the Will.

my Father wasn't with me.. so dunno what kind of type is a good or bad..
But i know i will be a good One.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.