[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In thousands of years of history, why did Europeans fail to achieve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 50

File: 9847698326432.jpg (194KB, 1188x396px) Image search: [Google]
9847698326432.jpg
194KB, 1188x396px
In thousands of years of history, why did Europeans fail to achieve the culinary standards of superior Nippon and Chinese cuisine?

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
File: mar_i_muntanya.jpg (78KB, 850x424px) Image search: [Google]
mar_i_muntanya.jpg
78KB, 850x424px
>>3116951
Yurop has unironically the best food, you can find from Rustic peasant stuff to incredible elaborate dishes using the last tech, and even your mom and pop restaurant/bistro/bar uses above average (specially if you consider the rest of the world) quality foodstuff in an affordable way.
Japan and China have top tier food too, but in China the quality is really abismal.
>>
>>3116951
That's not an average meal though. In Japan they'd have fish, soup, rice and something pickled.

Also I heard that frog food is great
>>
>>3116963
>Yurop has unironically the best food

No it doesn't. Aesthetics mask the completely flavorless and bland dishes that majority of European dishes entail.
>>
>>3116951
Spanish and French cuisine shit all over chink cuisine
>>
>>3116963
This. If OP narrows it down to N Europe he might have something

German food is as autistic and bland as its populace
>>
File: general-tso-chicken.jpg (394KB, 1278x766px) Image search: [Google]
general-tso-chicken.jpg
394KB, 1278x766px
>>3116978

Please don't make me laugh. Most French and Spanish dishes can literally be summed down to

>barbeque the meat over wood till it has a musky flavor
>add minimal salt and paper because MEDIUM RARE LMAO
>white or red wine
>some pasta or cheese on the side
>le EPIG MICHELIN STAR DISH!!111
>>
File: DSC_8927.jpg (120KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8927.jpg
120KB, 1600x1071px
>>3116977
>Bland.
Lol what. It's that an American meme? Euro food is savory as fuck, it has the best pastries and probably desserts, cold cuts, alchols, cheese, and above average in nearly all since pasta to soups, the tecnhiques are used to enchance the savor of the food in a balance, like jap food, not overpowering them with spices like bad Mexican or Indian food, both great cusines too.
>>
>>3117000
You are a bad troll or a retard anglo diaspora, I smell Australian there?
>>
>>3116951
My chinese girlfriend fucking loves sandwiches
>>
>>3117001
>>3117010

>adds pleb tier condiments such as garlic, paprika and oregano to hide the fact how tasteless the dish otherwise is
>E-E-European f-f-food t-tastes g-good t-too...!
>>
sage for african-american bait thread
>>
>>3117010
I'm Australian. Please direct me to a good European cuisine that's known internationally.
Meat pies and shitty imitation of Japanese food is all I've had.
>>
>>3117018
I see, Australian. A very bad troll at that.

So, Cuisines of the world thread? Influences of Each others from Roman times to the actuality?
>>
File: rabo de toro.jpg (56KB, 465x260px) Image search: [Google]
rabo de toro.jpg
56KB, 465x260px
>>3117000
>barbeque the meat
>some pasta or cheese on the side
Literally what? Spaniards made bull's tail a great stew.Chinks just bath everything in greasy sauces that eat up the flavour of the entire meal
>>
File: indian.jpg (104KB, 1200x660px) Image search: [Google]
indian.jpg
104KB, 1200x660px
>>3116951
Nippon quality is an acquired taste, you'll either "get it" or you'll hate it. I personally hate it.

Chinese are are very good in some place or very bad in other places. Two extremes do not make them perfect.

Real perfection lies in the hand of Indians. Be it vegetarian or meat based, their foods are delicious.
>>
>>3117018
>pleb tier
>garlic, paprika and oregano
Garlic is godtier
>>
>>3117035
UKfag detected
>>
>>3116951
Sushi can't be properly done in other places than coasts.
>>
>>3117031
What is that? Lamb and maggots?

>>3117032
>le dark sauce with zero flavoring because DUDE ITS THE RAW TASTELESS FLAVOR OF THE MEAT THAT COUNTS

>>3117035
>Real perfection lies in the hand of Indians.

Indian food literally tastes like spicey shit
>>
Europe has some great food, particularly in the southern regions (if you're not a dumb as rocks stormfaggot that excludes the mediterranean)
>>
>>3117049
>le dark sauce with zero flavoring
How do you know if its flavourless if you haven't taste it? It has a really good flavour
>>
>>3116951
Next step of Europeans will be superior Korean cuisine, sorry European dogs.
>>
>>3117049
>Indian food literally tastes like spicey shit
Getting used to spicy shit is a thing. Its a tolerance you build up over time.

However you can always ask the cook to tone down the spiciness of things. Its not like they sell premade shit, they actually cook it live.
>>
>>3117050
If you have money enough you can get great food even on the planet Mars.
>>
File: 1365252950544.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1365252950544.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>3117062

>only rich people can enjoy foreign cuisine

Ever heard of a chinese takeout? Theres probably one a block away from your shithole and with $5 you can pretty much get served enough food to last a day
>>
>>3117058
Horse meat is superior to dog meat k-fag
>>
File: 1cap i pota2.png (1MB, 785x617px) Image search: [Google]
1cap i pota2.png
1MB, 785x617px
>>3117029
French and italian are everywhere, any high restaurant has influences from at least French than were the first to . It really depends of what do you prefer, the med is in general has the best Cuisine, you can find any kind of dish since pretty spicy food to all kinds of bizarre stuff. The North and Brits have the worst food in Europe be far, but even then you can find top tier cheese there, and the Irish have some of the best quality pastured meat and butter, but even then at least the quality of the ingredients is good even when imported, and if you like clean tastes, Denmark has plenty of interesting restaurants. Slavs have at first sight the same problem than the norths, but they have a very undescored cuisine very hearthy and savory, full of cold cuts and amazing soups/stews, pastas and whatever you like, they have the worst quality in the food in Europe tough, but even then it's above average wolrdwide (Japan and some LatAm countries, and some samll farms in the USA).
But being Spaniard myself I would say than your best bet is going to some big city in the coast and hop from big city to big city until at least italy and tasting the best dishes there, every city in Europe will have at least an speciality, normally a few or imports from the near cities and villages produce, like Cheese or cold cuts. Taste away without worry, some of the worst looking stuff it's the best.
>>
>>3117037
Garlic is for stupid smelly peasants who can't afford cancer treatment.
>>
Sure eating raw fish with a bit of wasabi sounds so fucking delicious, not. I'll go with karelian stew instead.
>>
>>3117094
>Not liking garlic
No wonder you like chin chonk greasy sour trashy beef
>>
>>3116963
The only decent places to eat in Europe are France, Italy and Spain. German, balkanic and central european cuisine is shit compared to Japanese, Thai, Mexican, Peruvian, Chinese or even Indian.
>>
>>3117073
Are you a Tatar?
>>
>>3117102
You are too rude
>>
>>3117102
>France, Italy and Spain
Greece and the Balkans have some great food,Belgium has one of the greatest cuisines in the world,Denmark has some great food and in Norway they have some really nice fish dishes
>>
>>3117049
Have you ever had a meal that wasn't delivered from a takeout menu?
>>
>>3117102
What about brits not up for some spotted dick?
>>
File: Hungarian-Goulash.jpg (342KB, 3958x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Hungarian-Goulash.jpg
342KB, 3958x3072px
>>3117102
I wouldn't say that they are better than those, but then I wouldn't say they are worse too, but different.
German (Belgium too), Slavs, Balkanics and Greece have Great cuisine, the bad thing about Germans is that they don't know how to sell it, and perhaps at first glance is boring with lots of sausages and potatoes,or whatever, but if you like to explore you can find really good dishes, in Austria too. Slavs are pretty varied actually, Hungarians love they paprika and have some amazing stews than reminds me to my country, comunism did a number on them tough they are recuperating slowly but surely in the food departament , Greece sea food and lots of dishes like gyros make exellent take away stuff or simple tasty morsels, they make some veal or goat stuff than would make a New Zealander orgasm. I think than you never had true euro food m8, or if so in some shitty tourist resort or whatever where you get frozen shit to sell to drunkards in an over priced way.
>>
>>3117110
Scandinavian, danish and greek ill grant you are pretty good but nowhere near top tier. And Belgium is a non country but ill grant you it has the best desserts in the world by far.
>>
File: goulash.jpg (125KB, 800x861px) Image search: [Google]
goulash.jpg
125KB, 800x861px
>>3116951
you fell for the food aesthetics meme, the best food looks like shit.
>>
>>3117166
Denmark has one of the most innovative culinary scenes in the world and Greek cuisine is at least on par with Mexican or Peruvian cuisine
>>
File: lobster.jpg (22KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lobster.jpg
22KB, 500x333px
>That'll be $495 + tips
What did they mean by this?
>>
>Asian food is the best
>Posts low-tier Japanese fast food that wouldn't exist without western influence (on account of the curry).

OP...are you retarded?
Go to your local Italian/helenic/Croatian/Slovenian/Hungarian/Polish/whatever-kind-of-wog-you-like club. I guarantee you the food there will be better than katsu-curry from your local 'japanese food made by Chinese people' restaurant. And it will literally just be made by some grandma.

Fuck Anglos are stupid.
>>
>>3117212
>$495
That would most likely be a 7 course meal with wine pairing, not even that bad
>>
>>3116977
>bland dishes

Third world shithole country inhabitant spotted.

Sorry but we don't need a metric shit ton of spices in our dishes to make chickpeas and whatever taste like something other than absolute vomit.

People who talk about "bland" food grew up eating very poverty tier dishes with poverty tier ingredients.
>>
>>3117234
495$ can feed you an entire year.
>>
>>3116951
>average meal in europe
>a fuckin sandwich
OP you uncultured swine.
>>
>>3117249
Only in third world countries or developing E.European countries.

In US, if I was frugal, I could survive on that for ~10 months. Spending ~50/m. But thats just frugal talk.

Realistically, 5 months @ $100/m of food.
>>
File: Spicy.jpg (105KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
Spicy.jpg
105KB, 750x728px
>>3117049
>>3117247
>The white man fears spicy food
You're not helping the stereotype
>>
>>3117249
b-but anon, that's my fast food budget for THIS MONTH
>>
>>3117102
>The only decent places to eat in Europe are France, Italy and Spain.
>t. I only know about these cuisines of Europe
>>
>>3116951
Rather have the sandwich
>>
>>3117122
When your national dish is fish and chips you dont even deserve to be mentioned
>>3117153
I go to europe every year m8 ive been around (south american btw). Maybe i was to harsh on the balkans because they are indeed pretty diverse (croats have interesting stuff but serbs and montenegrians have some shit food) but youre not gonna convince me germans and central yuropeans have good food in a million years. You can sum up literally all of german cuisine with the word apfelkrautwurst and central europe isnt all that different with its autistic obsession with pork too. Ive been a long time in germany and czech republic i almost went insane.
>>
>>3116951
Stop making this thread. 2 anecdotes ≠ data. Saged and reported. This isn't history or humanities related, it's /ck/ related.
>>
Don't like Asian food fuck off
>>
Asian and especially latin American food has more variety in food so they have richer and greater diversity in tastes than in europe (which does have some good food). I'd say Latin American and Asian food are the best.
>>
File: afternoonteagibsonyacht.jpg (89KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
afternoonteagibsonyacht.jpg
89KB, 640x428px
Would you put hot sauce all over smoked salmon or a berry tart?
>>
>>3116951
Atleast in Europe people still fucking cook, in (east) Asia they just toss a bag of rice in a rice cooker every day and call it a day.
>>
>>3116951
What fucking weeabo mongrel made this shitty thread
>>
>>3117375
>Asian and especially latin American food has more variety in food so they have richer and greater diversity in tastes than in europe
Kek.No way.You must be from Peru or Colombia to believe that crap
>>
>>3117378
I'm a vegan so no.
>>
>>3117445
Have you tried Latin American cuisine?
>>
>>3116951
OP is an overweight weaboo from america whose never set foot further than half a county away from his basement.
>>
File: saaristolaisleipä.jpg (2MB, 4653x3102px) Image search: [Google]
saaristolaisleipä.jpg
2MB, 4653x3102px
>>3117153
All of Europe has at least one good dish, pastry or some other "food", but some countries (mostly the southern ones) have a shit ton of good.

The best bread in Europe for example is made in coastal Sweden/Finland
>>
>>3117453
Yes.It is mostly garbage.
>>
>>3117464
>best bread
>coastal anything
Kek.
>>
File: Saaristolaisleipä.png (770KB, 590x856px) Image search: [Google]
Saaristolaisleipä.png
770KB, 590x856px
>>3117464
That's sort of like an opinion, man. One that I agree with though, white breads are for people who should just be honest with themselves and eat cake
>>
File: SnowNigger.png (115KB, 1305x893px) Image search: [Google]
SnowNigger.png
115KB, 1305x893px
>>3117464
>The best bread in Europe for example is made in coastal Sweden/Finland
Sure it was, Olaf.
>>
File: 980x.jpg (73KB, 625x535px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
73KB, 625x535px
>>3117653
you're a proper ass knight eh lad, you militant homo

keep stuffing your face with pastries cakeboy
>>
>>3117249
I agree that these prices look incredibly ridiculous to some people, but the people who go to these things are either rich fucks with no care in the world for their money - or people who genuinely enjoy food

These course meals aren't meant to fill you up (usually) but more a display of the chefs craftsmanship, how it develops in your mouth, the way ingredients were used to develop different flavours, different experiences between each dish etc which gives a deeper understanding on how ingredients/techniques can influence each other when paired up

The food world is very complex at michelin-tier levels and most people would rather not pay up for such experiences because they would rather eat to fill themselves up
>>
File: confused.png (22KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
22KB, 612x491px
>>3117673
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>3117708
He didn't even know what he meant, probably a nord fag.
>>
>>3117708
You are an upstanding homo by the standards of their respective community, even a firebrand about bum fuckery.

You should keep eating women's bread for you know not of the better things civilized men enjoy.
>>
>>3117097
>Imply teriyaki chicken and unagi isn't the most based shit ever
>>
Japanese people don't even know how to cook. They cook things in their own steam, they boil meat - objectively the worst way to cook anything - their cooks demand that you take care not to brown anything when frying it because god help you if it develops any flavor, and even when they develop a fond, they fucking WASH it out instead of using it. And then they drown everything in soy sauce and mirin so all their food just tastes like that.
>>
In all honesty, French and Med cuisine really save Europe.
Since this head is pretty much derailed: anyone know a French restaurant where I can get some quality gallettes in New Jersey or New York? I have a huge craving.
>>
>>3117836
What is stirfry?
I don't believe you Anon.
>>
>>3116951
Europe:
>bread
>meats
>greens
>easily eaten on the go, not messy

Japan
>slimey and messy
>has to sit down to eat it
>meat
>rice
>shit tier veg
>>
We/hisck/ now
>>
>>3117842
You are comparing cousines of a whole continent versus one country, being totally unfair to both in the process and with an aftertaste of not knowing anything about either
>>
>>3117857
More like /hicks/
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4000x2666px
Why are foods from places that arent Europe or japan usually a "cheap eats" place and never haute cuisine if its there its pretty rare
>pic related modern west african place in london
>>
>>3117212
You know those small ass meals aren't usually the whole meal. You'd probably get that plus like 7-10 other small but super fancy bites plus good wine. Its the experience too but you guys just want to eat a bunch of shit like the fat fucks you are
>>
>>3117839
>what is stirfry
not japanese.
And stirfry isn't browned either, they only cook things just a little on very high heat.
>>
>>3117920
Oh right. The total is ~4,950 for the nice 10 plate.
>>
>>3117861
I'm compared the two foods in the image
>>
>>3117899
I bet that tastes like shit, but since it looks semi appealing it'll go for £50.00 or some shit.
>>
>>3117899
Because they haven't had enough time to put down roots in the culinary world. Up until 70 years ago no one in the Western world really cared about foreign food.
A notable exception, because of the British Raj, are old ritzy curry houses in London.
>>
>>3117684
>but more a display of the chefs craftsmanship, how it develops in your mouth, the way ingredients were used to develop different flavours, different experiences between each dish etc which gives a deeper understanding on how ingredients/techniques can influence each other when paired up
chef here
none of that requires a 1000% markup, those places are nothing but scams and memes.
>>
File: IMG_1221.jpg (191KB, 1257x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1221.jpg
191KB, 1257x1280px
>>3116951
>Implying East Asia and Europe can compete with Middle Eastern cuisine
>>
>>3118089
Turkish is easily one of the best.
The desserts tend to suck though.
>>
>>3118115
Baklava is god tier though.
>>
>>3118115
Turkish delight doesn't suck
>>
File: 1499601883625.jpg (2MB, 4974x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1499601883625.jpg
2MB, 4974x2014px
>>3116951
Fuck you OP, you're a massive faggot. You could have made a decent thread about the history of food or something like that. Instead you made thread, that has nothing to do with /his/ and is just /int/ shit slinging. Here's your (You), now fuck off and go shove a chopstick up your urethra.
>>
>>3118122
>>3118140
Yeah, those are good but compare them to Belgian waffles, French crepe, Schwarzwalder Kirsch or Italian ice cream.
I also like Kunefe but seems like it's Levantine.
>>
>>3118172
Id say Baklava stacks up pretty well against anything from Europe. Sometimes middle eastern deserts are too sweet because they drench them in syrup. Baklava has all the other stuff to balance it out tho so thats why i love it
>>
>>3117973
It looks like fish with some sauce. What about it looks like shit
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1333x2000px
>>3117973
Some other dishes look pretty good
>>
>>3118172
Schwarzwälder Kirsch is the alcohol used in the SK torte, the black forrest and south-west Germany has the best cuisine in Germany, thanks to some French influence.

t.totally not from the black forrest
>>
>>3118217
Is that flower edible?
>>
File: whatthefuckisthis.jpg (23KB, 419x654px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckisthis.jpg
23KB, 419x654px
>>3118217
>the shell's still on
>>
>>3116977
I think its the opposite. Western dishes look pretty simple but usually have a lot to them and taste great, whereas most other cuisines are centered around colorful dishes that are basically just rice with some meat and a shit ton of spice.
>>
>>3117102
>Mexico
>Not a European culinary culture

congrats lad ur a mong
>>
Hehe a lot of eurangutans getting assblasyted over the superior latino cuisine.

Get over it, chimp.
>>
>>3117102
I know the whole British food is shit meme is still popular, but I genuinely think our ale is some of the best beer in the world, and our desserts equally rival that of France.
>>
>>3118285
Ive had actual mexican food and I think that "tex mex" is a lot better because it draws from two cuisines that like powerful and hearty flavors and is generally filled with colorful veggies and appeals to americans.
>>
>>3117000
>barbeque
>European
>>
>>3117018
>asians
>not using garlic or peppers
>>
>>3116963
>>3116963
Variety doesn't not equate to tasteful. European food can't match Asia, hell, Latin American food is tastier.
French and Spanish is close, but not there
>>
>>3117102
>Mexican
Mexican food is all the same faggot.
>Peruvian
I can agree with this, my friend's father is a Peruvian Immigrant who runs a food truck serving Peruvian food. Best food truck I've ever eaten at.
>>
>>3118352
Mexican food is still really fucking good.
>>
>>3118352
Nah m8, if you ever have authentic Latin American food you'll love it. I've had Peruvian, good taste breh
>>
>>3118366
>>3118363
I never said it wasn't good. I love some Mexican food every now and then. I honestly wish I could eat it more often but it's really lacking in variety.
>>
>>3118328
>The 2 best unanonimous cuisines with Italian cuisine don't come close to crappy arepas,fired chicken,crappy beans and dry rice
Why are SA so fucking deluded? Your food is mostly trash.The fish in that region is awful and the seafood is just plastic.
>>
>>3118375
Yeah I can agree to that.
>>
>>3118217
haute cuisine is such a fucking meme
>>
>>3118379
SA? My job requires that I travel, and the business has a lot of investments on Latin America. Then they take us to eat what they got, and the restaurants are local. Mexico has interesting/better seafood than shitty Red Lobster
I've seen them twice bringing the seafood fresh, and off the boat
>>
>>3118375
Makes sense especially if you live in the US. In Texas everything more or less is Texmex.
>>
>>3118401
Yeah there are few places(usually hole in the walls) that make food that is close to Mexico's or SA's but you have to know where to look.
>>
File: (╹ᴗ╹ ).jpg (30KB, 405x358px) Image search: [Google]
(╹ᴗ╹ ).jpg
30KB, 405x358px
>>3118395
>local restuarants are better than chain restaurants
wow I never would of guessed
>>
>>3118395
>He has never been to a good local restaurant locally in his own country.
Sad.
>>
>>3118395
>Red Lobster
So seafood from a restaurant is better than the seafood at a trashy fast food restaurant.Lmao SA are so fucking retarded
>>
File: slow-slicing-execution.jpg (101KB, 800x654px) Image search: [Google]
slow-slicing-execution.jpg
101KB, 800x654px
Enjoy your superior Asian cooking.
pic related
>>
>>3118474
>That expression

JUST
>>
>>3118490
Books have been written about that man's smile of ecstasy alone.
>Georges Bataille
>>
>>3118490
Most expression I've seen an asian make.
>>
I want to point out for the all the ignorant foreigners and Americans here, that European cooking is amazing in its variety and taste. Rash generalisations should be avoided, especially if you don't know your ortolan from your elbow.

Traditional French cooking is among the best of the best and all you need do is consult Brillat-Savarin's brilliant work to get a glimpse of its sheer genius.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/nov/22/physiology-of-taste-brillat-savarin
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/b/brillat/savarin/b85p/
>>
>>3118507
But I'm American and I have been defending Spanish and Italian cuisine. I really like the dishes drenched in olive oil btw.
>>
>>3118533
Good for you anon, defend the fatherland.
>>
>>3117122
yeah, or some piss-stinking steak'n'kidney pie?
>>
>>3117842
>Eating on the go
silly American. In Europe we sit down for epic meals that last from the aperitif (before noon) to almost when it's time for supper again. You get a chance to stretch your legs, take a piss and smoke a cigar between the end of the after dessert coffee of lunch and the start of the evening supper.
>>
>>3118507
it is just american negro who is like this, if it doesn't taste KFC they think it's bland
>>
>>3116951
japanese food is literal dogshit. Its fucking terrible.

Anime is japanese food industry propaganda, their food looks good but its actually trash. Real european cuisine, or even latin american food is way better. Thats why western food is extremely popular in japan but japanese food isnt popular at all in the west, everyone knows that the chinese and koreans have much better food
>>
>>3118599
from one extreme to another.
>>
File: 1462093603596.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462093603596.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
For a second I thought I was on /ck/
>>
>>3118599
>but japanese food isnt popular at all in the west
literally every town on the west coast has a sushi place.
in my hometown, you literally can't go a kilometre without running into a sushi or ramen joint.
>>
>>3118624
for every japanese place there is 20 korean places and 50 chinese places. White people rank asian food as follows: chinese>korean>everything else. We like our orange chicken.

face it, japanese food is, at best, #3. At best.

t. californian
>>
>>3118624
woah bro they exported two dishes what an accomplishment. Just look at a Chinese menu which has dozens of different dishes, not even variants of dishes.
>>
>>3118650
>>3118653
nice goal post moving
>>
>>3118624
Sushi does not equal japanese food in general. And ramen is just a version of the noodle soup that is popular all over asia
>>
>>3118670
sushi is still japanese food that is popular in the west though
>>
>>3118666
what are you even talking about? The west has every type of food. Our options are as follows: literally fucking everything. The existence of a few scattered japanese joints does not equate to "japanese food is popular in the west." Especially when your example is literally california, aka "New Asia." Chinese food blows it the fuck out in every metric, so does korean despite being a smaller country with far less influence than Japan.
>>
>>3118592
Niggas hate kfc fym thats some trailer trash white flyover shit
>>
>>3118694
yup. niggas like their popeyes or Church's

t. white guy with black best friend
>>
French here. You guys are just fighting for second place.
>>
File: 1500406033984.jpg (261KB, 1135x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1500406033984.jpg
261KB, 1135x1352px
The real question here is why is American food so fucking underrated.

I mean, just look at this fucking burger.

How could anyone dislike American food?
>>
>>3118811
*sharts*
>>
File: burg girls.jpg (37KB, 600x364px) Image search: [Google]
burg girls.jpg
37KB, 600x364px
>>3118818
Real funny.
>>
File: IMG_0754.jpg (47KB, 956x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
47KB, 956x711px
>>3118811
Eat big to get big
>>
>>3118759
Chinese food>French food
>dude just drown everything in butter and garlic lmao
>>
>>3118891
>just drown everything (but don't necessarily kill it first) in gutter oil and spices, Chang.
>>
>>3118910
Dumb gwailo who doesn't understand the superiority of braised mudcarp with fermented black bean sauce and steamed meat buns to some shitty onion soup
>>
>>3116951
>eating dog and cat is so good

B8
>>
>>3118307
Am a Texan, can confirm. Tex-Mex is delicious as hell. I'm actually typing this as I sit, awaiting a taco.
>>
>>3118929
>comparing snacks to starters
nature's finest cosmopolitan philistine
妳隻夠野好乜臭!
>>
>>3118759
French cuisine was surprass
sed by Spanish cuisine.It is basically a fact at this point
t.culinary expert
>>
>>3116951
What does this have to do with history?
>>
>>3116951
Funny how katsu and curry are used to represent Japanese cuisine when the only thing natively Japanese on that dish is the rice.
>>
>>3118301
True on both counts especially the desserts, English pastry tradition is pretty awesome
>>
File: 1492086288234.jpg (52KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
1492086288234.jpg
52KB, 616x462px
>>3116951
cause there's many different European cuisines

what you'll find in Spain or Italy is different from Russo-Ukrainian or German dishes
and let's not rule out France, who has done so much in terms of 'fine dining'
>>
Is there even a single country that does not have some tasty food?its not like until globalization some cultures were cured to eat trash.
>>
>>3116951
Not true. Europe had good food too. Turkish, Chinese, and French food are my favorites. Chinese food has had a huge influence on Asia, French food has had a huge influence on Europe, and Turkish food takes inspiration from over the place. Japanese food is ok but a bit too plain sometimes and even their ramen was brought over by Chinese immigrants.
>>
>>3116951
Being from some culture that has good cuisine is overrated as fuck, the potato boilers of the world are just gonna steal that shit from you
>>
>>3116965
Curry with pork cutlet is pretty common desu
>>
>>3116951
Chinese cuisine is actually multiple different cuisine traditions though
>>
>>3119216
There's nothing native to Japan.
Literally sushi, the most iconic Japanese food, was imported from SEAsia or Korea
>>
>>3121797
I saw on some cooking show once that no one really knows what the fuck American Chinese food is. As far as what region they come from or what they might be based of off and stuff like that.
>>
>>3121905
How about Oden?
>>
>>3121915
Which show? I thought it was pretty standard to assume American Chinese is based on Cantonese food, since most early migrants were Cantonese
>>
>>3121905
But sushi as we know it is distinctly Japanese. Yeah, the process probably originated in SEA or south China and was introduced to Japan by the Chinese. There are ancient Chinese dictionaries from north China which describe the fish rice fermentation process that would eventually develop into sushi in Japan, but it's still very different from modern sushi.
>>
>>3121915
American Chinese food is a mix of different Chinese regions adapted to suit the American palate but Cantonese food is obviously the biggest inspiration.
>>
>>3121915
Seriously?
>Of the various regional cuisines in China, Cantonese cuisine has been the most influential in the development of American Chinese food, especially that of Toisan, the origin of most early immigrants
>>
>>3116951
Asian food fucking sucks. Latin food is the best desu
>>
>>3121975
What about Latin Asian food? e.g. Peruvian
>>
>>3117102
Indian food is fucking disgusting. Taking chicken and rice and pouring a slop meat of spices pulled from Satan's asshole isn't food.

>hurr too spicy for you?

Yeah it is, Pajeet. It's as shitty as your streets.
>>
>>3121931
I don't remember what it was called but the guy on the show ordered like everything on the menu at a chinese restraunt in the US and then got on a plane and went to China to see if he could find the original recipes that inspired the immigrants in the US
>>
>>3116951
> rice
> more rice
> rice over rice
Superior lmao
>>
>>3121998
What are you talking about?
>>
>>3121982
>Peru
>Latin
>>
>>3116977
It probably looks like it might be bland if you're used to masking the flavour of low quality meat with seven pounds of chili, but when your meat is top-tier you can let the flavour of the meat come through.
>>
>>3117842
>Eating on the go

Even for sandwiches and kebabs we sit down, I never seen someone who was eating and walking at the same time.We sit down for every meal, we eat with our family or colleagues, and we usually have wine with everh meal.
>>
>>3118929
I'm French and never had onion soup in my life. The food you eat outside France and in touristic places in France that you think is "French" isn't French at all.
Anyway, we should all agree that east/southeast/south Asian food is great and so is French and Italian food.
>>
>>3122511
It's called french onion because the onions are cut in french style, not because the dish is from france
>>
That's funny because all the best food, all the best cooking equipment, all the best restaurants and all the best chefs all comes from Europe.
>>
Spicecucks are pathetic. I want to taste the food not the spices. If you can't appreciate the flavor of a potato or chicken as is you're a pleb.
>>
>>3116992
No bites today :( darn
>>
>>3121995
"Chinese food" was wholly developed in america. It's the same in every state because every tiny mom and pop Chinese takeout restaurant orders the same stuff in bulk from massive distributors. All steamed dumplings in Chinese restaurants in nyc come from some massive food processing plant in flushing I think.

Authentic Chinese is way different and more vegetable based. even the dudes working at the place will never eat general tsos chicken on their breaks but steamed broccoli and rice.
>>
>>3122534
General Tso's chicken was invented in the US.
>>
>>3122538
What did I just say?
>>
>>3122538
I have a feeling anything anything with a sweet glaze like orange chicken, honey chicken, honey walnut shrimp, etc. are wholly American.
>>
>>3122511
And Greek food
>>
File: IMG_0442.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0442.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I don't really care for all this fancy food to be honest. I've got pretty bland taste, I eat things as they are. I rarely add sauce to my foods and if I do it would only be Barbecue for chips. That being said I did go to a really posh Chinese with my chink friend and he got me to try all this shit that I don't know the name of and it was great. Also learned then I like green tea.

The things on the bottom left of pic are amazing honestly one of the best things I've ate.
>>
File: 787090761_24a9cecf74.jpg (139KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
787090761_24a9cecf74.jpg
139KB, 500x375px
Mediterranean charcuterie and cheeses BTFO the rest of the world on this alone, along with the wine I'm sorry it's true.
>>
>>3116992
Amerifat who's lived in Germany for nearly 7 years now. German food is pretty decent.

I mean, it's meat-and-staches, but they do it well. A fresh crispy orchard-raised Schweinshaxe with Rotkraut, potatoes, maybe a fresh pretzel and a litre or so of Hefeweizen. Nothing super fancy, but pretty fucking good, m8. IMO, German and Austrian desserts are god-tier. Tarts, cakes, pies, all that shit. It's fucking good. And the Germans are REALLY fucking serious about their bread. Anglos eat white bland sponges in comparison.

Still much better than nearly all British, Benelex (LOL), Slav and Scandinavian staples.

On the other hand, German is not as good as French, Iberian or Italian, but that's different climates for you. Austrian is a good mix of Central European/quasi-Slav/quasi-Balkan/quasi-Italian.

I've been almost everywhere in Europe, Russia (just Moscow/St,Petes and a couple places in between), the Baltics, Balkans, Greece, West, South, North, East. You name it, I've probably been. Also India for 4 months, a few countries in the Middle East/North Africa, Mexico (not just resorts), Costa Rica, Jamaica, half of the US and Canada.

IMO, broadly speaking, the best cuisines to draw from are Chinese, Mexican and French (not fancy modern shit, but peasant staples). Spanish and Persian can be pretty good too.
>>
>>3122549
Not strictly true, Cantonese cuisine has a few similarities, but you can see how the gloop and MSG shit became a staple in the States for obvious reasons.
>>
>>3122565

>literally just meat on a platter

Kys you uncultured pleb
>>
File: pantumaca.jpg (199KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
pantumaca.jpg
199KB, 625x417px
>>3122578
>If it doesn't have 1000sauces and spices it is not tasty
Nah.You are just a pleb that is used to eat garbage,so its force to hide behind spices the piece of rotten and disgusting meat that he is force to eat.
Good dishes usually just need 2-7 ingredients
>>
>>3116951

>thousands of years of cuisine
>cant even invent the sandwich
>dont even know what bread is until 19th century

literal subhumans
>>
>>3123209
>thousands of years of cuisine
>can't even invent the mochi
>don't even know what gluttonous rice is until the 19th century

Literal subhumans
Literal subhumans
>>
>>3123227
>gluttonous rice
>>
>>3116951
Wtf is that shit on the right, just meat and grain and a butt of sodium. Give me left any day but on wholemeal bread
>>
>>3118115
>desserts suck

Shit taste. Desserts are the best Turkey has.
>>
>>3123266
Post a pic of your gut
>>
>>3118285
U wot

They eat fucking cactus and half the dishes contain maize. How is that european?
>>
>>3118395
>I'm a stupid american and I believe that a region has the food because it's the only place where I have eaten actual food
>>
>>3118533
When we say "stupid americans" we don't mean all of you. We just talk about the masses that are also despised (even more so) by americans like you.
>>
funny thing about actual mexican food is that its boring, simplistic crap with the cheapest ingredients imaginable because everyone is poor. Ive been to mexico, their food is nothing special at all. Americanized mexican food is honestly vastly superior, thats what everyone thinks of when they say that they "like mexican food."
actual mexican food is fit for the peasants that make it.
>>
>>3118811
How the fuck do you eat that?
>>
>>3118375
It's more an just tacos you know.
>>
>>3118624
Best Japanese food btw is in San Mateo, California.
>>
>>3121915
It's from america. The chinese have been in the USA for generations. Your asking from what european country white american food comes from.
>>
I honestly enjoy Thai a lot more than Japanese, even if the spice wrecks my weak Scandinavian tastebuds.

Also European food is fucking great, places like Italy speak for themselves, but even Scandinavian cuisine has its moments.
>>
>>3122576
It was about time someone mentioned Persian.
>>
>>3123272
W-what?
>>
>>3117453
Aside from Mexico and Brazil, Latin American food is garbage.
>>
File: IMG_7252edit[1].jpg (47KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7252edit[1].jpg
47KB, 650x431px
As someone who routinely eats food with spices, Asian cuisine is always going to be heads and shoulders above the rest. But the west still has nice food, like I enjoyed Swedish meatballs and Tex-Mex quesadillas for example.

Not UK, though. There's literally nothing worth eating there.
>>
>>3117998
Are you upset that you can't scam and meme your way towards cheating yuppies out of an extra couple hundred doll hairs.?
>>
>>3123317
well whatever kind of slant you may be I think you need to work on your english skills
>>
>>3123487
Correct the sentence if it's so bad.
>>
>>3123476
Don't throw European and American cuisine together.
European cuisine is savory and spicy as fuck while American white honkey cuisine is bland and has no flavour.
>>
File: haggis.jpg (9KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
haggis.jpg
9KB, 286x176px
>>3123476
>Not UK, though. There's literally nothing worth eating there.

Umm, no sweety try again
>>
>>3121982
Peruvian is good. There's a Colombian place down the street from me that's my absolute favorite though. The empanadas alone are amazing.
>>
>>3122564
Honestly for all the fancy cuisine some times a hotdog and mac & cheese is bettee and anyone who denies that is lying to themselves. And I don't mean fancy hot dogs and mac and cheese but some Sabretts and a box of Kraft.
>>
>>3123528
That looks fucking disgusting.
>>
File: bsb.jpg (65KB, 516x400px) Image search: [Google]
bsb.jpg
65KB, 516x400px
>>3123626
>baww it looks bad
heh, what are you? 5 years old? what matters is flavor
>>
>>3123660
Wtf is that? It looks like a decade old tumor with digested vile and chicken next to it.
>>
>>3116951
Fuck sake OP you're gonna have me wasting money on a Chinese tonight.
>>
>>3116951
Average meal in Japan is plain rice, some kind of deep fried crap, and sauce? Doesn't sound that appealing desu.
>>
I mean... doesn't it depend on your personal tastes? Why do people argue over this shit so passionately like there's a correct answer?? I thought this was the board that encourages logical discussion, not
>MY OPINION'S BETTER THAN YOURS!!
>>
>>3123660
Is that a testicle in algae sauce
>>
>>3123476
Swedish meatballs arn't cooked in the gräddsås.

t. Swede
>>
Uh no sweetie, japs literally just eat balls of rice as an avg meal
>>
File: you-tiao-dough-stick.jpg (30KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
you-tiao-dough-stick.jpg
30KB, 550x309px
>>3116951
>Chinese cuisine

the most common breakfast in china is literally deep fried dough
>>
>>3123817
honestly looks pretty good maybe put some powdered sugar on it and youve got a nice little churro-sorta-thing. Could easily see this fitting into the western pastry lineup desu
>>
>>3118650

Idk Hibachi and fresh sushi is pretty lit. And their fried rice is the best. Hibachi fried snapper is also god tier.
>>
>>3123817
That's like a churro. It needs some sugar or something to dip it tough.
>>
Not the Europeans but White Americans sure as shit got hot and heavy in the kitchen the more they expanded West, I love me some Cajun and Texan BBQ
>>
>>3122578

>not knowing what smoked chorizo or any of the patrician meats like prosciutto are

I feel bad for you.
>>
>>3123514
>while American white honkey cuisine is bland and has no flavour
You know next to nothing about what we have.
>>
>>3116951
You're comparing a snack to a proper meal in your photo.

Europe has some of the most internationally celebrated cuisines wether we're talking junk food or fine dining.
The reason that they tend to not be particularly spicy is due to the obvious historical lack of direct acess to most spices.
I don't even know why I keep responding to these bait threads.
>>
>>3122519
>Not adding a dash of salt and pepper to your potato to enhance its flavour.
Teh fuck mang
>>
>>3123716
>imply history and humanities isn't full of my opinion is better than yours since time immemorial
>>
>>3123817
It's literally a long doughnut without sugar. Nothing that out of the ordinary
>>
>>3124900
>muh bbq
Literally the Mexicans do it better
Barbacoa> sugar meat sauce
>>
>>3118115
Warbat is unironically one of the best pastries I've ever eaten
>>
OP has obviously never eaten sarma, wich is undeniaby the best possible way to utilise sauerkraut in a dish, ever
>>
>>3118650
>t. Californian

Figures. You fucks don't even know the proper order of Southeast Asian cuisine.

Korean > Japanese > Vietnamese > Thai > proper Sichuan Chinese food >>>>>> literal dogshit >>>>>>> "Chinese" food
>>
>>3117102
>look at how shitty European food is
>these 3 top-notch countries are less than these 4-5 from two different continents
>hence european cusine sucks
Also German is good, so is Greek. Also Scandinavian food could make for a good competition vs any of those Asian or South American foods
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>3118089
>Meanwhile in Mexico...

Fun thing, the tacos al pastor is one of the most popular dishes all across the country, but very few people knows it's origin. For all purposes, nearly everybody believes it's a Mexican invention, which is technically right if we consider the meat have to be marinated in a chilli sauce before being cooked.
>>
>>3116951
>rice with crispy chicken and some sauce

Nigga turkish cuisine shits on that.
Besides japanese and chinese rice sucks and is tasteless.
>>
>>3123209
I'm not sure which 'side' you're trying to criticize, but Asians have had bread for eons. Mostly they turned their grass-grains (wheat, millet, etc) into dumplings. Flat breads and Chinese steamed buns/breads are not a new novelty.

They just never focussed on this one food form to the same extent Europe/Middle East did.
>>
>>3123320
Shrimps on a piece of bread with mayonnaise and a pinch of herbs sounds boring, but it's one of my favourite things.
>>
>>3123514
>white honkey cuisine is bland and has no flavour.
This is just not even true.

>hurr durr I'ma make fun of an easy target, cuz everyone hates white people!
>>
>>3123731
FYI bucko, it's a testicle in grass sauce.
>>
>>3123817
Is why Chinese people always smell like deep-fry oil, moth balls and cigarettes?
>>
>>3122565
This. Wine + cheese + prosciutto pairing with proper French bread automatically btfos 99% of the rest of the world's offerings as far as cuisine goes.
>>
>>3125289
>Korea, Japan, Sichuan
>Southeast Asia
>>
>>3125481
Canadafag here. I'm 34 now, but as a teenager, I had a Mexican girlfriend. Her grandmother was a Syrian Arab (Christian) whose family fled to Mexico back in the early 20th century (she was actually born in Mexico). Anyhow, she lived to be 103, so I met her a few times down in Mexico. Her husband had had a shop selling Tacos al Pastor and other snacks in Léon, that's what her family did. She had dementia, but it was funny to hear this old withered crone ramble on (in Spanish) about how terrible Jews and Muslims were. Which she did very often.
>>
>>3122519
i wasnt aware it was possible to be this much of a pleb.

I bet you eat plain vanilla icecream like some sort of psychopath
>>
>>3125289
im pretty sure american orange chicken is better than the some total of everything their continent has accomplished in human history.

Fuck food, orange chicken is more impressive than the asian race in its entirety. I love how much people hate on american chinese food, its better than real asian food by a mile. Same with american mexican food.
>>
Why is everyone shitting on Japanese food
>>
>>3125804
Vanilla ice cream especially soft serve vanilla ice cream is great desu

Plain yogurt is great too
>>
>>3125976
They don't like complex spices and steam most of their food.
>>
>>3125984
nigga you have to do something with plain icecream or yogurt, what are you, seven years old? That is just sad, also dont fucking drop that shit
>>
>>3126028
>what are you, seven years old?
Are you? I don't need fancy colors and swirling sprinkles to enjoy my ice cream, lil Timmy! Run along now.

I bet you don't even enjoy plain Cheerios. Don't worry mommy is comimg home soon she'll bring you your fruit loops.
>>
>>3122489
>>3118555

>Doesn't eat a sandwich/wrap on the go
>sit down for every meal with wine

Christ, you mainlanders might, but a sandwich for lunch? You eat that on the go.
>>
File: croque.jpg (74KB, 573x451px) Image search: [Google]
croque.jpg
74KB, 573x451px
>>3125164
>>3125804
Spicy food is great, but do you eat literally nothing without first dousing it in hot sauce? Wouldn't that just make everything taste the same? Garlic, ginger and chilli beef, garlic, ginger and chilli pork, garlic, ginger and chilli wings... What do you do for variety? Swap out cayenne for habanero or garlic for onion? Add a twist of lime? Maybe something obscure like lemongrass or cardamom? I want to eat food not my grandmother's perfume, there is only so much you can do.

Am I missing something? Is everyone some kind of spicemix master with 100 seasonings in 1000 winning combinations such that they never want filet mignon again? And millions of ordinary people have this knowledge? How does that work?

I hope no one actually believes this meme because that would be kind of sad.
>>
>>3126517
spices were used to mask the taste of spoiled ingredients
people who weren't in the habit of eating spoiled food didn't bother using lots of spices because stuff actually tastes good
>>
>>3116951
But French food is good, dumny
>>
>>3118555
>epic meals
yo reddit
>>
>>3116951
What is French and Italian Cuisine?
>>
>>3126836
Only because of Italian influence 2bh. Like Thai and Malay archipelaago cuisine is only good because of Chinese influence.
>>
File: Yum.jpg (26KB, 592x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yum.jpg
26KB, 592x409px
>>3116951
>Superior cuisine
>Doesn't even have jellied sour ram testicles
>>
>>3126913
When does an overseas Chinese food stop being Chinese though? I don't think most people consider ramen or laksa as Chinese now.
>>
File: 1437202242366.jpg (20KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1437202242366.jpg
20KB, 222x280px
>>3117000
>using takeout to argue for eastern cuisine
Are you a literal fucking retard?
>>
File: 1436827159139.png (32KB, 244x203px) Image search: [Google]
1436827159139.png
32KB, 244x203px
Jap food is overrated as fuck and only teen girls and cum-eaters would hold it above any other cuisine.
>>
>>3126970
cum eater here. can confirm.
>>
>>3126040
jesus christ youre insufferable. Please cease breathing immediately and rid the world of your laziness disguised as maturity. I dont eat cereal because Im not a child, I make a real breakfast and a real dinner which is probably beyond your capacity.
>>
>>3126996
lol butthurt
>>
>>3123227
>Literally thousands of years of eating rice
>Can't even invent risotto
Literally subhumans
>>
Japanese cuisine sucks.
Raman is good but not amazing.
Sushi is autistic and gimmicky.
The rest is trash. Thai and indian blows nip curry out.
>>
>>3117102
Scrap France off that list. The most overrated """"""""cuisine""""""""""" known to man.

Indian, Japanese, Mexican, Thai and Italian are the best cuisines. You can't disprove this.
>>
>>3121984
>bitch ass whiteboy cocksucker can't handle anything spicier than a peppermint

LMAO
>>
>>3118650
in SF yeah because it is 70 percent chinese people
but in LA and Seattle
It goes Nip>Korean>Real Chinese restaurants>>>"Chinese" Restaurant
>>
>>3127930
If you're thinking fancy foofoo shit, like asparagus foams and tiny slices of krill loaf on a plate made of jagged slate drizzled with cranberry-rooibos reduction, yea fuck that. That's not really French food, just that France has long had a tradition of 'haute cuisine', so France is the place this trend is associated with.

But genuine French food is awesome. It's got a marriage of the northern dairy+starch+sausages+cabbage traditions and the southern Mediterranean olive oil+fish+herbs, etc. Then, wine OR beer. It's got both.

I understand why it's cool to anti-like French cuisine, since many poncy pretentious faggots go on about it, but it does have a great basis.
>>
File: carneensujugo.jpg (235KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
carneensujugo.jpg
235KB, 970x728px
>americanized Mexican food is better than actual Mexican food
You fucking plebeians disgust me. You're the type of faggots that would pass up the mom and pop Mexican restaurant ran by Jose so you can munch on Taco Bell. Pic related is an example of a superior, authentic Mexican dish.
>>
>>3128148
looks like slimey shit.

Ill take an american mexican burrito over that every day of the week (made by my local illegal immigrants)
>>
>>3127930
Japanese food sucks
>>
I tried recently a senegalese/west african restaurant, that shit was really good.
They use good meat, good vegetables, and it's just the right amount of spices.
>>
>>3123301
Remember the onions, cilantro and different sauces that came with your tacos and you didnt use?
They werent optional idiot.
>>
File: 1499774003747.gif (1MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1499774003747.gif
1MB, 384x216px
Why are you guys such niggers?

Can't you just enjoy what both parts of the world have to offer rather than bickering over meaningless shit?

Also Spain confirmed for good ass Euro food.
>>
>>3117176
Got a good Goulash recipe?
>>
>>3123528
Isn't it basically just a big sausage though?
>>
File: 1450960032794.jpg (42KB, 523x683px) Image search: [Google]
1450960032794.jpg
42KB, 523x683px
>>3133108
This.

This is probably the pettiest thread I've seen in a while. I adore Spanish cuisine. I relish in Balkan cuisine. I enter a cacophony of flavour whenever partaking in Indian cuisine. Fuck, my ex-girlfriend's family fed me Kenyan food once, and it was fucking good.

Hint: Humans everywhere have taste buds and like to use them. Food tastes good everywhere. Go figure.
>>
>>3133375
>cacophony of flavour whenever partaking in Indian cuisine. Fuck, my ex-girlfriend's family fed me Kenyan food once, and it was fucking good.
You must be ugly as sin if you have to fuck poo in loos and nigresses
>>
>>3133057
nice assumptions, mexican food is trash because its literally a bunch of peasants living in hovels trying to come up with 6000 variations on how to use beans, tortillas, veggies, meat, and sauce to make a meal. The entire ensemble of dishes is pretty much the same dish, and mexicans have no taste whatsoever so they just drown their food in hotsauce so their tastebuds are too destroyed to realize how shit it is.
>>
>>3133108
>>3133375
4chan is petty
>>
>>3133375
I've never even tasted some of these foods and I can tell you with the utmost objectivity that they are trash compared to my favorite foods.

t. /his/
>>
>>3117079
>food tourism
this is the only acceptable form of tourism
>>
>>3123616
Fuck off fatass
>>
>>3128148
That looks good Pedro.

t. mexican food lover Sven.
>>
File: 1491945767013.jpg (29KB, 356x408px) Image search: [Google]
1491945767013.jpg
29KB, 356x408px
>>3116951
>using the word "average" incorrectly when you mean to use "typical"
>>
that's fucking revolting
>>
>>3133362
Reductionism is silly, but you could certainly liken it to a sausage. Meaty bits + oats (quite traditional in Northern Euro sausages), cooked in a natural casing.

I actually liked the haggis I tried, it's not a strong flavour. For me, it's just the thought of eating organ scraps. Although I do like tongue, ears, cheeks, tails, trotters/hocks, etc.. Call me a pussy, I just find the idea of eating guts kind of ghoulish.
>>
>>3125481
>but very few people knows it's origin.
Meat mixes with marinade go back more than 1000 years of culinary history.
>>
>>3118549
Or some carrots and broccoli with some orange squash for dinner.
>>
>>3134236
That's despressing.
>>
>>3127917
I don't think ramen is even truly Japanese. I heard it was invented by Chinese immigrants in Yokohama (there's a Chinatown there).
>>
>>3116951
tbqh that sandwich looks pretty good
>>
>>3116951
I like far eastern food, the post
>>
>>3137628
Well they had to get noodles from somewhere.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.