[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: napoleon.jpg (241KB, 873x1024px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon.jpg
241KB, 873x1024px
What are your thoughts on the Napoleonic wars?
>>
Beginning of the decline of the eternal frank.
>>
>>2979493
I like the weapons, technology, and aesthetics of this period, but Napoleon was power hungry and brought too much death to Europe. I'm not saying the Coalitions were good either, but it's unfortunate that so many people died.
>>
The world would have been a much better place had Napoleon won.
>>
>>2979511
Why's that?
>>
File: 1815 Uhlan.jpg (144KB, 654x973px) Image search: [Google]
1815 Uhlan.jpg
144KB, 654x973px
>>2979493
easily my favourite historical era (along with the revolutions)
>>2979501
i agree, but wasn't the death toll among civilians lower in those wars than in others? Almost every time i read about the Napoleonic era i seldom read anything about massive civilian casualties (other than the penninsular war and maybe the russian one)
>>
>>2979515
Well, semi unified Europe for starters.
Im no Napoleon scholar but sounds good to me.
>>
>>2979515
Despite getting rid of the republic and all, Napoleon did have a vast number of institutional and ideological reforms over his neighbors. Napoleon winning would have brought political rights and freedoms to many freemen and serfs across Europe.

Napoleon winning also would have profoundly altered the European diplomatic situation. With a big hegemon power in Europe, and many cultures getting nations, or at the very least representation for the first time, many bloody conflicts like the revolutions of 1848, and ww1 could have been avoided. A sort of Pax Francica or however that would be worded in Latin. Along with this, the optimistic and progress oriented culture of europe would last a lot longer.
>>
I'm just glad he wiped away so much of the bullshit and autism that had plagued Europe for so long like the church's power and and made people feel some god damn nationalism for once.
>>
File: tumblr_orqy3lUkLm1qbrih3o1_1280.jpg (95KB, 802x536px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orqy3lUkLm1qbrih3o1_1280.jpg
95KB, 802x536px
>>2979536
>>2979542
you're all forgetting that republics have been fighting the old world order and many high ups of opposing countries such as the Clintons, Schwarzenbergs, and so many royalties that are today part of the Bilderbergs and that this conflict today is represented in Trump's victory with his own "bonnet rouge" against the corrupt descendants of said nobles

jk but on a srs note i love the republics Napoleon was spreading and i wish Bohemia and Moravia would have been made into small free republics like the german states of the time
>>
>>2979534
I was referring to both military and civilian casualties.
>>
>It took seven coalitions with all of Europe to defeat Napoleon
>It took a room full of tunic wearing pansies to defeat Caesar
Really makes you think
>>
A huge waste of lives and resources.
>>
>>2979493
I just find it funny that after hurling out their monarchy, the French suddenly had a new one within a couple of years.

>>2979556
>and made people feel some god damn nationalism for once.
Wrongo. It was spreading liberalism at the time.

Which is quite funny especially since there were places within the old Holy Roman Empire that were more liberal than Revolutionary France was for centuries by that point: the free cities n shiet.
>>
>>2979493
If it weren't for the arts and for glory, the world would have been better off without Napoleon. The man sold something like a fourth of current US land to the Yankees for peanuts. There would be no Murica as we know it without this.

t. French
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.