[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying my hand on a logo for a fictional service called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Clipboard01.jpg (532KB, 1037x1393px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
532KB, 1037x1393px
I'm trying my hand on a logo for a fictional service called pass the popcorn (no relation to the concept of the tracker btw). I've had this idea spooking in my head where you have an app in which you can find random people in your town who watch certain tv shows and you get to invite eachother to watch together. Like a tinder type of thing but for getting together with strangers (or friends) to watch TV.

So I'm trying to include the elements of popcorn, a television and a play button, and some sort of font but I just can't get it right. None of the elements fit together. Thought of doing something more tight like the P in the Polygon logo which also looks like a play button but it looks like crap.

I've had no problems designing that concert poster the other day but with this I've been messing around for weeks.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: @.jpg (64KB, 492x984px) Image search: [Google]
@.jpg
64KB, 492x984px
>>251792
use a play icon with rounded corners combined with the thing below a message box icon to form the letter P. it would look better if part below the message box icon is very small. -pic related
>>
>>251794
That would just look like a speech bubble with a play icon in it.

Which is different but I guess the social aspect is represented that way. I might just do speech bubble with the popcorn in it or something, hmm!
>>
>>251792
Since the popcorn is the core design element i'd say use that with a play button on top
>>
>>251801
also change font, maybe go for a rounded typeface
>>
>>251801
OP here. Well, that's the thing. Why should it be the core element? The popcorn represents the social aspect, the play icon or the TV the subject around which the social gatherings take place. Both are equally important.

But my insistence on using them both may be why I have so much trouble with this
>>
I'm digging the logo in the television. try to make the outline, buttons and antennas a bit more wiggly like the text and screen border.
>>
>>251805
Why not just strip it down to the TV and the popcorn. If it was something as simple as the Popcorn in the TV, it already implies the TV is on and playing.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (132KB, 4128x3584px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
132KB, 4128x3584px
Do something like this. Pay me atleast £5 at [email protected]
>>
maybe a single piece of popcorn with a play arrow in the middle?
>>
>>251846
lol
>>
File: image.jpg (790KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
790KB, 2592x1936px
>>251792
>>251794
Popcorn n' chill.
>>
>>251792
Your top most row is the only viable ones, but even then you should probably make simplified verisons. That shit will never translate into one ink color ever. Glossy colorful shaded versions are okay for certain formats. The television one looks okay but it's more of a graphic art than a brand logo.
>>
Dude you shouldn't post this on 4chan for everyone to see. Someone can steal your idea.
>>
>>251940
this

I prefer the whole concept over your design. It's all too clip-art ish. Try a single popcorn or at least make the bucket less busy. Font choice is too weak either, use a nice serif font with a bit of weight at least.
>>
>>251941
meant a san serif
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.