[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who hurt you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: brand boycott chart v2.png (30KB, 1474x866px) Image search: [Google]
brand boycott chart v2.png
30KB, 1474x866px
Tell me why you hate Apple /g/?

Did you ever use their products or do you hate it because normies think its cool?
>>
>not really
>yes and Louis Rossman
>>
I have had 3 chargers die, every charger among my friends has a broken wire near the charging port.

Apple products are non upgradeable, they over heat, they are overpriced, they run slower and beachball at every instance of serious computing.

Not to mention apple users have a holier than thou smug attitude. As if they are smarter because they ascended to Apple and they look down on others using windows. When in reality most people using windows see through the BS and refuse to buy shitty products.

Thats why I hate Apple.
>>
>>60907644
Most of us are poor and we don't have money to blow on products WAY overpriced for their technical specifications.
The glory of Apple isn't the product (as it should be), or even it's capabilities (also of note), or even the "Apple ecosystem". The real glory of Apple is how they can get morons to overpay for their bullshit, while convincing them it's better.
>>
>>60907644

I don't know exactly "when" I started feeling hatred, but I clearly remember being in school back when PMP's were everywhere and the kids with ipods were the kids that no one in the school liked in the first place, the kids that would only talk to their own little group that joined all the academic school clubs. I just learned to associate "buying apple stuff" with "i'm an elitist snotty kid".
>>
>>60907644
Because it's overhyped. Apple makes decent stuff but not nearly enough to justify its reputation. It's also cancerous how many people think it's the only tech company that makes decent stuff.
>>
>>60907644
I've owned several Apple products. They're nice, but there's really no point when I can buy the same spec computer (albeit not made of perfectly cut aluminum) for less.

They're the greatest marketing company ever devised.
>>
I'm not an apple fan but I dropped my iPhone 6+ on the street in Bangkok and it shattered the screen so bad it was literally hanging off the phone, but it still worked for the next week(untill I got a knockoff chink screen put in) to help get me around to more Asian qt hookers and for that I can never truly hate apple.
>>
>>60907644
When I was younger I had nothing but good thoughts about apple. I remember working hard and earning enough money from mowing lawns to buy an iPod. I loved that iPod. I spent at least 300$ on the apple store buying music. Suddenly, one day, I lost everything. All music tethered to my account was deleted along with all the music that I had saved on my harddrive from CDs I got at friends, library, etc.

It was at that point in my life that I realized those 300$ I had spend were to simply "borrow" music and iTunes even had the capacity to claim ownership of my entire musical library. 20 years later and apple has not changed. The merits of their products are irrelevant because they seek to own the consumer, not the other way around. Apple (along with many other companies) seek to pray on the naive and reorient their way of thinking to focus solely on the present then on the future. "I have my files on the cloud", "I bought this new song in iTunes" these are all quotes from people who have never been taught the concept of data ownership. They are like cattle, easily corralled so long as you have something to lead them.

If you do use apple products, then I would at least hope you are not owned exclusively by their "ecosystem". If you are, then either you don't care about data ownership and I reserve the right to call you a fool, or you are ignorant, and in that case, you are apple's core audience.
>>
I hate them because their products are literally chink shit, except with a 3000% markup.
>Quality nowhere to be found
>Obscure locked down ecosystem
>No freedom to change anything whatsoever
>>
>>60907695
I've used macs and other Apple products for over 10 years and I have never broken any cables. Maybe the problem is you
>>
>>60907902
Nope, not him but when I had my 6+ it got so bad that I just ordered 10 cables from China because I had been through at least 7 actual apple brand cables at that point.
>>
>>60907942
Just buy *one* braided cable instead
>>
>>60907953
I went through two braided Duracell brand chargers as well. When I had an iPhone I probably spent about 150 dollars on cables in my year and a half with it.
>>
>>60907902
not that anon but,
even if the cables havent broken that shit white cord must've yellowed out and stretched. You must've won the cord lottery mate. All MY cords have snapped around the plastic housing from stretching/bending
>>
File: With a Macbook Air.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
With a Macbook Air.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>60907644
The standard Apple iFan talking point is that "you never used it":
>Did you ever use their products
Firstly, this argument is flawed, and easily refuted. I am against murder, even though I have not been murdered. "Would don't you try murder before you judge?" would get you laughed at.

Secondly, I have been using Apple products for years and years. My conclusion is pic related.
>>
>>60907644
I'm not stupid enough to pay high amounts of money for underpowered hardware when I could put together something of equal power for a fraction of the cost

I don't like 'user friendliness' that's so 'friendly' that I'm not allowed to do whatever I want with the thing I bought

I also spent time working in a call center supporting software that ran on windows and macs, and surprise surprise, macs had far more problems than windows computers ever did and the customers that used macs were always the most braindead individuals completely unable to follow simple instructions or hold onto a thought longer than a goldfish
>>
>>60907644
OP is a faggot
>>
Who hurt me? I'll tell you. I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post, my masters changed along with the words they made me speak. Words are... peculiar. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong... War changed me - and not only my visage. Words can kill. I was invaded by words, burrowing and breeding inside me. A philosopher once said, "It is no nation we inhabit, but a language." "Make no mistake, our native tongue is our true fatherland." My fatherland - my truth was stolen from me. And so was my past. All that's left is the future. And mine is revenge. On those who'd leech off the words of their fellow man. This is what I learned from the major. And then it hit me. It was he who should feel my wrath. He and the code he chose as basis for control. Language codes, information codes - beamed all around us - genetic codes spanning history. By controlling the codes, Cipher... Zero intends to unify the world. Codes implanted into our heads, sucking our minds dry as it spreads from one host to the next. A parasite upon the earth. That is what Zero is. As one born into this world, he's afflicted. I hold him responsible for killing my freedom. Killing all traces of my past... Killing any promise of a future... We are all but dead men forced to walk upon this earth. A world reduced to Zero. Cipher plans to use its codes to control the world. They think they can.
>>
>>60908318
>quoting Fallout 4
Kept you waiting, huh? You're pretty good.
>>
File: 1496607347215m.jpg (60KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496607347215m.jpg
60KB, 1024x576px
I don't use Apple products because A: They're intentionally designed to not be self-servicable and B: They're designed with an expiry date. If I wanted a phone to use for a few years and toss I'd get a Xiaomi for 20% of the price with the same specs.
You don't use iOS, it uses you. The only way you can get any freedom is if you're lucky enough to use a version that has a jailbreak exploit. How the fuck can you call it a """smartphone""" when it doesn't even have file browsing capabilities?
>>
>>60908387
Oh yeah I was only referring to their smartphones in this post. Don't even get me started on how overpriced MacBooks are. If you think it's cool to burn money go ahead and buy as many as you want.
>>
Because that price premium is hard to bite for just an OS that's not even as good as it used to be.
>>
>>60907644
It is kinda ironic that when you open iTunes for the first time it recommends U2 or The Beatles. I didn't give it much thought but then it hit me.
Apple is the U2 of the tech industry. They are inoffensive and generally accessible (I am talking about ease of use right now) but with a profound air of unjustified smugness.
What they produce isn't bad, but it's not remotely worthy of the praise that routinely gets thrown at them from fans and media.
In both cases, you just know that their primary recreational activity is sitting at home with doors closed and delightedly sniffing their own farts and rating them on texture and bouquet.

Also
>100% battery
>unlock screen
>98% battery
JUST
>>
>>60908331
What's the password for your trip? I'd like to use your name sometimes.
>>
8 people boycott AMD :(
>>
>>60907644
+1 to the very left bar
>>
>>60907644

I hate their products because I'm a poor fag.
>>
>>60907644
why is newegg not somewhere up front
>>
>>60907695
I've gone through a shit ton of Android chargers but Android's still better
>>
>>60907644
Cause they are make shitty devices this days.
iMac and Mac Mini are totally overpriced
MacBook Air have horrible display
MacBook Pro have no ports anymore
Mac Pro useless for home use
iPods like all music players are fuckung past
iPad SUDDENLY not bad, if you have special tasks for it
iPhone unfortunately have very small battery life time
>>
>>60908005
Jesus shit, anon. I thought my sister was silly going through 5 chargers in 5 years.

>>60908067
Murder is not a product and comparing it with one for your "argument" only shows what an un underage brainlet you are.

>>60908583
How can anybody even hate them? What for?
>>
>>60908877
Intel and Nvidia have some serious fanboys. I assume they also support Marvel movies unironically.
>>
>>60907644
No hatred. Just not interested in Apple products, because it just makes more sense to go with alternative manufacturers.
>>
>>60908877
>Something is obviously bad
>Only strange/stupid people do said bad thing
>Normal/educated people steer clear of this bad thing
Murder and Apple are comparable here
>>
I picked up a refurbished Early 2015 Macbook Air on sale last year. It is the first Apple product I have ever owned but I needed a replacement laptop after my other one shit the bed after 5 years (is this the death time? I've never had a laptop make it past 6) and felt like stepping outside of my comfort zone.

I actually really like it alot, best laptop I've ever used. The display isn't nearly as bad as I was led to believe, its not amazing, but its a sacrifice i can accept. It feels really durable and solid to hold, and the trackpad is excellent, I don't feel hindered in any way like I did with my Gateway laptop prior to this.
>>
>only 6 lenovo boycotters
>after they are caught installing bios level spyware on their laptops and phones several times
>affter they ruined thinkpads
This used to be a tech board
>>
they make profit based on tech illiteracy.
also kys
>>
>>60907644
Fuck nestle
>>
>>60907644
My Apple ear buds are cool. Great sound.
>>
>>60907695
Windows?
You mean Linux, surely!
>>
>>60907644
>electronics boards
>people probably know something about computers
>they dislike noob-level brand
Gee I wonder
>>
>boycotting MSI
Why? Their customer support and warranty services are great.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.