[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 43

File: 1402429906455.jpg (28KB, 409x389px) Image search: [Google]
1402429906455.jpg
28KB, 409x389px
Previous Thread:
>>60895103
>>
What is the best way to learn the command line in Linux?
>>
Any tips on how to clean and get cum out of the fabric on the seat of a computer chair? I was thinking like lemon based disinfectant maybe
>>
>>60903015
Coca Cola and tooth brush
>>
How to edit the sound in a webmaster file?
>>
>>60902987
by not trying it
>>
File: 154869.jpg (182KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
154869.jpg
182KB, 640x480px
Ok so I got this old motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-6WMMC7 which I need to get running in order to fix an xbox however I dont know if modern power supplys would work.

Would a modern ATX power supply work? and at what wattage? Probably gonna have a nvidia 5200 in there as a dos win 98 gaming rig

Not show is 3 pci slots
>>
>>60903151
That's an ATX mobo so yes an ATX PSU will work.
>>
>>60903151
>nvidia 5200
>>
>>60903174
also wattage is simply the maximum output of the PSU, you're not going to break things even if you slapped a 1000 watt PSU in there, the stuff plugged into it only takes what it needs.
>>
File: invert.jpg (77KB, 888x333px) Image search: [Google]
invert.jpg
77KB, 888x333px
my android randomly reboots about once a week
i checked the last kernel messages and they always have this string
>SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O
anyone know what this means?
>>
i need a good timer for linux (gui, no terminal shit), even for windows is ridiculously hard as fuck to find one, but just a timer, not task workflow or bullshit like that
>>
whats a good ssd health checker?

i have 2 ssds that are experiencing stuttering and really bad speeds (slower than my 7200rpm drives). theyre almost 3 years old
>>
>>60903266
SSD Life pro is good. Don't you have software made by the company that made the SSD ?
>>
File: homepage-screenshot.png (803KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
homepage-screenshot.png
803KB, 1366x768px
is my homepage disgusting? how can i improve it? pls no bully ;-;
>>
>>60903307
> Reddit

GTFO of this board
>>
>>60903188
Should I use an better gpu or a different one? I need one thats pci(old PCI) as this board doesnt have agp and ill mostly just play old games that are dos/look like shit at high res

>>60903174
Thanks, gotta make sure I find one with molex connectsors then

>>60903196
I know I just dont wanna overspend
>>
File: yumi2.jpg (598KB, 963x1407px) Image search: [Google]
yumi2.jpg
598KB, 963x1407px
Following a kind Anon's advice from a previous thread to hopefully install Win7 over a Win10 laptop that has compatible Win7 drivers and non-7th gen chipset.

The current version of YUMI doesn't have the differentiation of Windows installs like how he originally stated. Will this matter?

Also, it is not "asking me if want anything else", should I just install Win7 overtop it without wiping the thumbdrive, or will that override everything?
>>
>>60903336
Same poster, gdi, I was wrong. It did ask for more files, and added the Win7 iso.

Continuing with the operation now. Hopefully I can report back with favorable results to share to the collective.
>>
can i make windows behave like *nix? aka using the same terminal commands to do the same thing
>>
>>60903336
And no, I'm not selecting my HDD-- didn't screenshot on the machine with the thumbdrive.
>>
>>60902987
Read the Linux Pocket Guide. There might be better books, but that one is the best I've read and a good place to start.
>>
What's the cheapest way to get windows 10 ltsb? If I crack it will I still be able to get updates?
>>
>>60903307
>Reddit
>Botnets
Otherwise, it's pretty nice. I would allow you to design one for me.
>>
>>60903417
>What's the cheapest way to get windows 10 ltsb?

enroll in university and request a microsoft imagine/dreamspark account, which gives you access to windows 10 for free

download it and then withdraw from the school
>>
>>60903380
You can download a Ubuntu bash shell for Windows 10: https://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/
>>
>>60903409
>Linux Pocket Guide
Thanks man, I will definitely check it out.
>>
The links on the ol' Windows 10 Enterprise edition are dead. Anyone know if there's a more current pastebin circling around?

http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/wDmBg578
>>
>>60903239
Timing what? If it's just one task search again for stopwatch applications, rather than time tracking. If it's multiple tasks, grab one of the more complex ones, and only use the parts you need.
>>
Work finally moved to windows 10 but they're doing their own ghetto ltsb type setup

anyway to get linux subsystem without the anniversary update?
>>
did ms fix the Ryzen cpu problem on win10 yet?
>>
>>60902926
help
>>
>>>60903628
linking from previous thread
>>
>>60903604
By audio port you mean mini.jack?
Yes if you know how to solder.
>>
>>60903668
On a computer? Just get a new soundcard. Or do you mean for a phone or some other portable device?
>>
>>60902917
there is a dllhost that activates ocassionally in task manager, then disappears shortly after. How can check the location of it? as long as the file name extension is .exe and is located in system32, am i fine?
>>
>>60903713 meant to >>60903668
>>
>>60903713
I mean the port itself not a jack
>>60903722
The port is on the motherboard not a sound card
>>
>>60903539
Maybe.
Did you check out what Largehard had to say about it?
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/install_guide
>>
Is there a way to inject malicious code into something like a game directory or even a mod that can be uploaded to steam workshop? Hiding in executable files is one thing, but I'm trying to see if there's some vulnerability to 3rd party modding.

For example, creating malware using photoshop's ancient .raw format still executes, and for some reason isn't picked up by most AVs.
>>
>>60903745
If you have extreme electronics mastery, you could do it, but it would almost definitely be easier and cheaper to just replace the whole motherboard than to spend years learning obscure electronic engineering.
>>
>>60902917
I'm using windows 10 and not all the fonts are in the fonts folder. Where are the ones I can't see? When I installed gimp there where fonts called unmasked or cc [whatever], but they are not in the windows font folder.
>>
Why would an SSD randomly disconnect? Im in windows 7.

>2 Samsung 850 Evos in desktop
>one is boot drive, other is just being used for storage right now

Per Samsung Magician, there has only been 0.7tb written to it and SMART says its good. Its only been on 3000 hours.
>as opposed to 18tb written and 15000 hours on boot drive

The last 2 or 3 days ive either seen Windows pop up and say my new hard drive is ready for use, like I just installed it, or I look and its not showing up as an installed drive.
I restart it shows in BIOS and it pops back up in windows.

Is it failing?
>>
>>60903847

Might be power issue. Have you installed any performance-enhancing programs? Perhaps motherboard utilities?
>>
>>60903816
GIMP will put fonts under its install location in "Program Files" and/or "C:\Users\[username]\.gimp-[version]\fonts"; check there as well.
>>
>>60903891
No, and I havent updated 7 in probably a year now.

I did update my motherboard BIOS, but thats been a while back now.
>>
How likely are you to get a letter copyright infringement for watching sports streams?
>>
>>60903902
Just checked both, and could only find the later, gimp's fonts folder is empty.
>>
>>60903925
almost 0, no matter what Dana tries to tell you
>>
>>60903934
Were the fonts there though?
>>
>>60903962
? No, there where no fonts in the gimp fonts folder.
>>
>>60903977
Open GIMP, then go Edit -> Preferences. On the bottom left of that new dialog is a Folders entry in the tree. Open it and click on Fonts. This should give you a list of the directories GIMP searches for fonts.
>>
I understand that you can pipe things directly in the shell like
ls | grep 'string'
and with some programs like ffmpeg you can specify pipe like pipe:0 for stdout and pipe:1 for stdin
is there any way I could have ffmpeg running in screen accepting some input from an arbitrary pipe x and have another process redirect output to pipe x (executed not exactly at time of ffmpeg execution). This is all in the interest of outputing rtmp streams to a streaming service without the rtmp stream being interrupted (sending garbage/blank data is fine)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (320KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
320KB, 3000x1688px
I upgraded my phone the other day and they said I could get a G
Galaxy Tab E for 99 cents if I go claim the offer within a week. Should I go get it?
>>
>>60904049
Are you going to be stuck paying 15 bucks a month for 2 years?
>>
File: yumi3.jpg (325KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
yumi3.jpg
325KB, 1032x581px
>>60903336 Here
Used Yumi 2.0.4.9, but unfortunately, can't seem to boot off of it. I've tried 2 methods:

1) In BIOS, switching USB thumb drive to priority booting. Machine still boots to Win10 on HDD, bypassing the thumb drive.

2) Going into File recovery. Unfortunately, Win10 seems to guide this instead of some BIOS function. I can take a pic of need be, but attached image is what comes up.

Trying to put Win7 on a laptop with Win10. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>60904063
25 actually.
>>
>>60904028
Read up on named pipes; see if they'll do what you need.
>>
>>60904084
Tell them to shove it up their ass
>>
Im thinking between either a 7600k or a r5 1600x for video games. I care more about minimal framerate than the average framerate as long as it gets stays above 60. Should I shoot for a 1600x then?
>>
>>60904084
Ask yourself if the device is worth $600.99 to you.
>>
>>60904085
thanks, didn't know the term to google.
>>
>>60904081 here again.
I also tried inserting my trusty, official Win7 installation disc. Machine refused to load it--- said the "Selected boot image did not Authenticate."
>>
>>60904081
Secure boot... and I don't think that YUMI is UEFI bootable.. so you may have to switch to legacy just to yumi
>>
>>60904094
>Should I shoot for a 1600x then?

Yeah, thats a good bet
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (14KB, 193x322px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
14KB, 193x322px
>>60904025
Gives me two folder's both empty
>C:\Users\X\.gimp-2.8\fonts
>C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\fonts

Also pic related.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (108KB, 937x354px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
108KB, 937x354px
>>60904154
where the fuck are these fonts
>>
If I plug in two monitors to graphics card, both monitors dont work.
If I plug in one monitor to graphics card, and one to motherboard, the graphics card monitor works.

How do I make both monitors work on the graphics card? They used to work both but I turned it on yesterday and it was like this.
>>
I have W10 Education that I got from the school, and it needed 4 gb of updates. After the updates, it appears to just be normal Windows now since it has Cortana. What gives?
>>
File: Aurora Apple.png (327KB, 560x403px) Image search: [Google]
Aurora Apple.png
327KB, 560x403px
Is it worth it to learn Delphi?
Also, why is it better to index an array using strings instead of integer?
>>
>>60904124
Doh!
Alright, doing so now. It ~looks~ like the W7 flashing lights came up with "Starting Windows", but has been frozen for a few minutes.

What happens if I try again and it freezes again?
>>
How do I get python to read a string backwards until it reaches a certain character, then slice of everything before that character?
>>
File: yumi4.jpg (134KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
yumi4.jpg
134KB, 1032x581px
>>60904124

>>60904081 >>60904240 Here again.
Tried both installing from the YUMI thumbdrive and official Windows7 Disc with SecureBoot disabled. Win7 freezes at the same animation place on each. Is this because of W10 fuckery?

I'm a bit out of my knowledge skill level here. How would I switch to legacy or what other changes should I try?
>>
File: 1469956600225.png (116KB, 540x419px) Image search: [Google]
1469956600225.png
116KB, 540x419px
>>60904402
Nevermind, I'm dumb.
Found Legacy Support [disabled] right above Secure Boot.

Thank you again for your help!
>>
I want to keep my work botnet separate from my personal botnet, is there any risk in plugging my phone into my work computer just for charging?
>>
Why is xorg/x11 so fucking bloated? Gentoo, Funtoo, if you're compiling it from source, there's a bazillion huge packages to compile. Can't the X devs shrink this down at all?
>>
>>60904160
You're saying that none of those fonts are in the Windows' fonts directory?
>>
>>60904486
Yes.
If you're really paranoid buy a cheap powered USB hub and charge from that.
>>
>>60904258
def slice_before(string, char):
# Use a reverse range.
# Number starts at the last index of string and counts backwards
# Until it hits 0
for ii in range( len(string)-1, -1, -1):
if( string[ii] == char ):
return string[ii:]

print( slice_before("Hello", "e") )
>>
File: speed.png (35KB, 595x657px) Image search: [Google]
speed.png
35KB, 595x657px
i have a specced out (7700k, gtx 1080, etc) desktop at home and a 10 year old thinkpad

how do i get the best experience possible streaming my desktop to my laptop? im on home wifi with decent speeds according to google
>>
File: your waifu.jpg (84KB, 625x884px) Image search: [Google]
your waifu.jpg
84KB, 625x884px
>What PDF reader to you use anon-くん~
>>
File: 1454730389812.jpg (60KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454730389812.jpg
60KB, 450x600px
>>60904124
Oh, question:

Win7 install seems to be working now that I did Secure Boot disabled and Legacy Enabled,

but when its asking me for Drivers on the installation, I burned all the drivers from the manufacturer's website to a dvd... the installer is telling me no device drivers were found.

Is there a way to skip this and just load up the bare-bones version of Win7, then run the driver exe's myself?
>>
>>60903307
>dfw memes
kys falalam
>>
is time travel possible?
>>
Are binoculars considered technology? What do you recommend I should buy?
Price > Quality
>>
my windows 10 computer becomes unbearably slow if i let it go into "hibernate" and then bring it back

im using an ssd and have pretty good specs, and i have to just restart the computer if i ever let it go into hibernate which is kind of annoying
>>
>>60905182
Turn off hibernate then.
>>
I made a thing how do i make it work? http://oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/
HELP ME PLZ I DON'T UNDERSTAND D:
>>
>>60905122
You might get decent advice on /an/ or /out/, since birders need good glass as well as good ears.
>>
Galaxy 7 here
When i phone post on 4chan and press enter to jump to a new line, it deletes the last word from the previous line
How do i stop that?

If this is the wrong board just point me to the right one senpai
>>
how do i set up a comfy c/++ dev experience on windows

im using Sealion and minGW and it works but its not very comfy
>>
>>60904796
The drivers in question are most likely USB 3.0, you'll need to modify the installer image to add them https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
>>
>>60905247
Thanks anon
>>
A harddrive that has never given me problems before smells like smoke and is running at 60c
already backed it up and i'm gonna take it out after posting this but what causes this? all the fans are running
>>
so when i play videos on youtube or downloaded, some are very very quiet, yet others are extremely loud. ive tried these videos on another computer and the audio is leveled out.

whats causing this imbalance on my pc? is there any volume control programs that can take care of this?
>>
Okay, this is really pissing me off. I've been having trouble with my computer for a long time, and every time I fix something, a new problem comes up.

My computer freezes up, so I dust it. It still freezes up but sometimes just shuts down completely. I apply new thermal compound to the heatsink. It shuts down way more often, even during startup. I tighten up something that was loose, now my computer simply resets really often.

I've scanned and removed viruses and I'm fairly certain there's no issues with disconnected wires or anything. I've tried to reset CMOS by removing the battery thing (which is apparently the only way for my computer), but it STILL just randomly restarts. I could be doing something simple but 5-10 minutes after I boot up my computer, it restarts. Sometimes right after it boots up.

It's ticking me off, honestly. It's Windows 7.
>>
>>60905471
I restarted my computer and it seems to be fine now, stable 50c as always
weird as shit. Should I keep using it or will that burn my house down?
>>
I am buying my gf an ssd, its for her notebook. will a mid tier ssd be enough for her?

she will be using it for photoshop, rhino, etc

also, how do I know what type of sata her optical drive has, it is a rebranded notebook from china so theres not much info online
>>
Why my bootable usb drive is always hot when i use it? I thought that once you start a program it gets loaded into ram and then it stays there, and i just use it with firefox and other few things
>>
What's a good way of programming a data tree in C++, and also easily adding/removing nodes from it?
>>
APPLE DEVICES:

I want to add (a shit ton of) music to my iPhone without adding the music to the phone's proper iTunes library, which is located on one computer. I'm considering importing this new music into a separate iTunes account on another computer, but how could I get it on my phone without removing the content currently on there? Can I merge libraries on the phone? Is there a better way? I don't want to use an app like Spotify et al, I intend for the music to be accessible through the proper "music" app.
>>
>>60902917
so i wanna get into 3d designing for 3d printing but all i have is a chromebook (am college poorfag) what program can I use?
>>
Anyways to help my hard drives health in the long run? I'm planning to uninstall what I don't need, defrag and then virus scan. Then not download unecessary things
>>
>>60905788
you cant do any 3d designing on a chromebook bruh

even mid-high range machines struggle with design software. if youre actually poor your best bet is to contact the CS department at your school and see if you can ssh into a lab computer
>>
>>60905297
Alrighty, I'll give this a shot tomorrow.
Greatly appreciate the help!
>>
>>60905819
:(
would a high end gaming pc be able to handle it? Ryzen 7?
>>
>>60905873
yes

if you have a high end gaming pc you can set up screen sharing software on your chromebook and do it that way, but it would be kind of horrible to do it on such a small screen....
>>
If I have programmed at home and have schooling for it but never have had a job in programming (c# and .net) is it likely I can turn down offers when looking for a job below a $60k salary? There may be some crazy company, but would this hinder my chances of finding work in the field?
>>
>>60905894
I havent bought a monitor(or keyboard, mouse or headset) because work hasnt paid me the money they owe me
>>
is there any flavor of linux that has solved the ryzen gpio driver issue
>>
Ive got an old Madcatz cyborg 7 mouse that I got from a friend. I am looking for the device drivers for it but they are not on the madcatz website. Is there a website where i can find legacy drivers?
>>
>>60905910
You can turn down whatever you want. Just show them you have the skills to perform at whatever position they are asking and then counter with your desired salary.
>>
sometimes my PSU screams at me
I kick it and it stops
why
>>
File: 1319851516183.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1319851516183.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
What's the most brain-dead easy way to set up a home server/NAS using an existing computer?

Semi-unrelated question: What are fun things I can do with a modest Mac Mini? I ended up getting one from my work.
>>
Most decent free temperature monitor?
Or hardware monitor in general. Please don't recommend OpenHardwareMonitor, it doesn't show my temperatures and I hate the Gigabyte appcenter clutter.
>>
>>60906160
CPUID HWMonitor

The also have other programs I haven't bothered to look into/figure out the difference
>>
>>60905910
it really depends on the company and location.

i work at HP right now and make pretty good money for the area (ohio) but i make less than the people in seattle/silicon valley.

if you have the talent and proof (past projects) you can deny anything you want but another opportunity might not show up for awhile
>>
>>60906157
Install ubuntu, right click drives to share, install packages it wants and add the line of code it says if you need to.
>>
File: battery.jpg (122KB, 1600x621px) Image search: [Google]
battery.jpg
122KB, 1600x621px
Should I replace the cells of dead laptop battery or just stick to buying another battery?
>>
What websites build and ship pc's for you that isn't cybershit

I could build my own I know, but I want to know these sites.
>>
>>60903307
>Mint
>HTML cheat sheet
>Online Interactive CSS Cheat Sheet

Ultimate pleb tier
>>
What is /g/'s consensus on Win 10? Is it a botnet?
>>
>>60906398
I would just get a new battery. Unless it died prematurely and you think its just one bad cell, it's not worth the effort for the cost savings.
>>
>>60906398
I've had bad luck getting new batteries for old laptops. The "new" batteries are usually ones sitting in a warehouse for 10 years. :(

Might be better to figure out how to replace cells, or try to buy one recently manufactured.
>>
>>60906549
I have to be familiar with it because I'm an IT admin.

That being said it's botnet. But desu if you have to ask why it's bad then you should stick with Windows.
>>
>>60906182
Damn it really detected every single temperature
Thanks m8
>>
>>60906588
Is Win 7 any better? Asking because I just got a used laptop & PC for cheap and I don't know if I should try Gentoo on the laptop and my old rig. Then maybe Win 7 on my new, used PC upgrade. Would dual booting Gentoo & Win 7 on one still make it a bot?
>>
A friend of mine invited me to help him work on a Github project and I brought up the idea of a portable release that Linux users can install without needing to compile from Github. Is there any way I can create a portable executable for it?

For some context, it's a cross-platform FFmpeg encoding GUI with AVIsynth/VapourSynth script compatibility.
>>
So my computer randomly restarts. I have it (mostly) clean, cleared any and all viruses Malwarebytes could find, and I even resetted my CMOS. It still just restarts 5-10 minutes after I boot. Sometimes WHEN it boots.

Why does this happen?
>>
I'm trying to transfer files from my old virus infected laptop to my main computer. Is it very likely that it could be a worm and infect a USB drive I use?
>>
>>60906755
Temperatures.
Open it, clean it.
Worst case scenario you may need to clean and apply thermal paste on the cpu and maybe on the gpu.
If you want a more permanent solution you will need to make the air circulation better.
Some fans blowing air in with filters should do the trick. One blowing air out of the case near the cpu helps too, but preferably you should get as many blowing filtered air inside the case as possible.
>>
File: 20170615_002546-1.jpg (2MB, 2337x2140px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_002546-1.jpg
2MB, 2337x2140px
I need help identifiying (and hopefully fixing) this problema that happened today with my display.
Basically, some pixels are grainy and most are simply not displaying the correct color they should. Everything has a red shift. Black images are shown as completely red. Blue images are pink/purple.
Could anyone tell me what happened?
>>
>>60906838
You've entered the twilight zone.

Jokes aside, see if it does it on other monitors. If it does, then it's a GPU problem. If not, it's a monitor problem.
>>
>>60906857
It does not. I connected it to my TV and got a perfect display.
(sorry for not adding that info to the original post)
>>
>>60906549
Not nearly as bad as Windows 8 but still bad
Personally I just the other day took a laptop that came with Windows 10 and put Windows 7 on it
>>
>>60906912
VGA cable probably fucked.
The projector on some random class had that issue but with blue and yellow instead.
>>
What is the state of the art in CLI/ncurses 4chan viewers?
>>
Is there a better way to ensure the music folders on my Laptop and Desktop are parity besides deleting and copying the whole thing once in a while?
>>
>>60906952
Use the command line and the robocopy command.
Google for the reference but it's dead simple.
>>
>>60906912
Then the display is bad, just replace it.
>>
>>60906211
Doesn't ubuntu not respect privacy though?
>>
>>60907010
Only the Unity DE from what I understand. The others are pretty good distros.

t. Guy that uses Ubuntu MATE
>>
Does anyone have a mouse recommendation image or wiki page? Don't feel like beating around the bush with prices and other details.
>>
File: seating arrangement.jpg (265KB, 950x791px) Image search: [Google]
seating arrangement.jpg
265KB, 950x791px
well /g/, is it possible to provide a service, free of charge, to a set of users that is geographically close to you? It doesn't really have to be static, people can move in and out of this network. What precision would I have to include or exclude people from receiving service by using something similar to whatismyipaddress.com to find out their location? Assuming I can find a lookup table of my own, do y'all see any problems that could arise with this? IDK what IP addresses phones have, and if their location is somehow determined by the phone's location...

anyways, any advice would be appreciated :*

P.S. my image is completely unrelated
>>
>>60907589
IP address will give a very rough location. As in, possibly hundreds of miles off depending on ISP. You may want to request precise gps location instead if your users are on mobile.
>>
>>60902917
I downloaded the xiaomi flash tool (https://androidmtk.com/download-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool) and it had an error so i deleted it from the program files director. I tried to install it again and it says it is already installed. So i deleted it from the control panel, the registry and it still sys its installed...? Why does it say it's installed when it's not and how do i fix this?
>>
>>60904787
Sumutra
>>
>>60903233
that's usually triggered manually by hitting alt+sysrq+u, as long as magic sysrq is enabled
>>
What are the best settings for testing Win PE builds on VirtualBox?
>>
>>60907080
Unity is being discontinued. Anyway ubuntu has stopped all the known BS practices. If you're really concerned, go with a fully open sauce distro.
>>
>>60907974
Just roll with the windows defaults.
>>
>>60902917
what is the best way to create two indentical backups of lots of pictures? ive thought of using nas with raid 1, but it seem to be unstable. what are the other solution? my thought is that other people could upload pictures taken from their devices directly.
>>
What is the best android emulator for Windows?
>>
>>60905490
PSU problem
post brand and model of PSU
>>
>>60904812
no

edit: wait, make that yes
>>
I have a Sapphire Radeon R9 390 which I payed about 200 dollars for. Is this worth something because of mining right now, and if so what should I sell it for?
>>
>>60905819
>you cant do any 3d designing on a chromebook bruh
that's not true, you can run blender on them
>>
>>60904181
sounds like a graphics card driver problem to me
>>
What's the best RSS Feed reader for Windows 7?
>>
>>60903847
These are not externals, right? Check your mobo and update to latest SATA drivers from manufacturer.
>>
What is/are the best brand(s) of microsd card in terms of quality?
>>
I am a poor piece of shit 3rd worlder that wants to install GNU/Linux and learn how to program

can I get a recommendation of a ThinkPad with the minimum specs to install GNU/Linux, program and test my scripts/software? you guys think a Raspberry Pi 3 would be enough for this purpose? this PC I use is shared with my whole family, I can't install GNU/Linux
>>
>>60908205
Amazon has it as $500+
>>
>>60908244
why the fuck would you need a stinkpad?
if you're poor, then even a pi zero would be fine.
just learn how to set up a headless server and ssh/vnc in from your family pc.
>>
File: 1490539023589.png (320KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490539023589.png
320KB, 1366x768px
>>60908244
>can I get a recommendation of a ThinkPad with the minimum specs to install GNU/Linux
Find an old laptop for cheap and then ask in the friendly linux thread.
You could probably install gnu/linux in a car, or even a fucking fridge.
>>
>>60908261
I wonder if someone on craigslist would want it
>>
File: wat.jpg (47KB, 403x581px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
47KB, 403x581px
How are these getting worse each day?
>>
>>60908301
use legacy captcha
>>
>>60908309
Testing legacy after having to try about a dozen times just to post in another thread.
>>
>>60908077
freefilesync. Raid 1 is almost never the solution you're after.
>>
>>60908332
>works first shot
wew

Fuck picture captchas.
>>
>>60908242
sandisk and samsung
>>
>>60908338
PROTIP: the legacy captcha is case insensitive.
>>
>>60908367
It is? I just used it twice there as you can see and I just did it all in lowercase; didn't have to retry a post even.
>>
>>60908379
Wrote that in lowercase too and it was "ROAD 10400".
>>
>>60908269
I was thinking about buying an used old ThinkPad but I guess I'll have to go with the Raspb Pi. thanks

>>60908276
yea that's what I have in mind, I'll see if I can find an old and used laptop I can afford otherwise I'll go with the Raspb Pi. thanks
>>
>>60908185
cool
>>
>>60908337
so with that i can have one drive connected to the router and the second backup in my desktop?
>>
File: 1494989057426.jpg (133KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494989057426.jpg
133KB, 1024x1024px
Do the people who program using c++ think and promote oop as the standard way to program using the language?
c++ has some useful features like templates and smart pointers but I would prefer not doing oop and if all the other people who use the language do it, then it might be better to just use c and don't be an outcast.
>>
>>60908547
Sure, just map the drive and list the folders you want synced. Unlike with raid you'll have the opportunity to deal with any errors/differences that crop up.
>>
In firefox how do you control the behaviors of media URLs?
Sometimes it uses the browsers to play it while other times it uses the download manager.
Both URLs are for mp4 files so I'm suspecting it's the URL format.
Any ideas?
>>
Best adblocking options for a chrome browser?
>>
Should I buy a graphics card right now or wait? I have a GTX 460.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-04G-P4-6253-KR/dp/B01MF7EQJZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497243337&sr=8-2&keywords=GeForce%2BGTX%2B1050%2BTi&th=1

I was thinking of getting that graphics card, but I'm not sure if there's anything cheaper that's equivalent
or stronger than the GTX 1050 Ti card.
>>
I have Thunderbird on my Mint partition and Outlook on my Windows partition, but they only seem to download the emails I send/receive through each one separately. How do I make Thunderbird display my Outlook inbox/outbox and vice versa?
>>
I'm running apache. When I go to a certain folder, I have it setup to list the directory. It only lists files in the directory though and not any of the folders. How can I get it to do everything?
>>
>>60908648
Ublock origin
>>
>>60908594
thanks anon
>>
File: 1443195835664.png (114KB, 1548x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1443195835664.png
114KB, 1548x1468px
I FUCKING HATE SUMATRA.

What's a good PDF reader that isn't fucking evil and hideous. I've spent an hour trying to customize it's appearance to something decent, the limited and garbagely constructed options to do so make this impossible. You literally fucking can't change the color of the bookmark text, you literally cannot prevent the text from just filling the entirety of the screen (margins, I want margins). Etc etc.

PDF readers?
>>
>>60908920
I use foxit but I hardly ever even read pdf's
>>
Guys please could someone explain to me why this works!?

int main() {
char str_a[20];
char *pointer;
char *pointer2;

strcpy(str_a, "Hello, world!\n");
pointer = str_a;
printf(pointer);

//Everything below this makes absolutely no sense to me
pointer2 = pointer +2;
printf(pointer2);
strcpy(pointer2, "y you guys!\n");
printf(pointer);
}
>>
>>60908959
What's the output and what are you confused about?
>>
>>60908969
Output is:
Hello, World!
llo, World!
Hey you guys!

well I understand that
pointer2 = pointer +2
is assigning the value of pointer but 2 bytes ahead. So the value for pointer2 is
llo, world!
but then immediatly after that pointer2 suddenly has the value of "He"?
>>
>>60908920
>I've spent an hour trying to customize it's appearance to something decent, the limited and garbagely constructed options to do so make this impossible. You literally fucking can't change the color of the bookmark text, you literally cannot prevent the text from just filling the entirety of the screen

you can start by not having autism
>>
>>60908658
>GTX 460
Just get something now. The improvement you'll gain from upgrading now will likely far outweigh any benefit to be gained from waiting.
>>
>>60908733
disable directory listing globally, manually enable in certain directories via .htaccess
>>
>>60908999
You're printing pointer at the end, not pointer2. pointer2 doesn't have "He", pointer does. When you copy "y you guys" to pointer2, you do it 2 bytes ahead, so you start at str_a[2]. The first 2 characters "He" from "Hello world" are left in place.
>>
>>60909045

I see but is strcpy() destructive?
why is the rest of pointer lost?
>>
>>60908999
>but then immediatly after that pointer2 suddenly has the value of "He"?

pointer has a value of "He", not pointer2 because those bytes were never changed.

The value "llo, world!" has essentially been overwritten by "y you guys!" and so when you print out pointer you're essentially printing out the new address which is "Hey you guys!"
>>
>>60909001
do you know where you are
>>
>>60908920
> PDF reader
> I've spent an hour trying to customize it's appearance
So this is the power of /g/.
>>
>>60909079
strcpy includes the '\0' at the end. Some characters may be left, but they're not printed because they're behind the '\0'.
>>
>>60905490
BSODs? Could be bad RAM
>>
>>60909170
so basically when I assigned pointer2 = pointer +2, pointer changed to "He" and pointer2 got the rest.
and when strcpy was called the value for "y you guys!" was assigned to pointer2 and it lost "llo, world!"
>>
>>60909153
>not ricing your notepad applications
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>60908920
Sumatra is open source, if you don't like something you can change it.

https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader
>>
>>60909234
pointer doesn't change when you assign pointer2. Technically the pointer doesn't contain the string, it just points to it / contains its address, otherwise you're right.
>>
>>60909305
>.vcxproj
I won't even bother
>>
Assumption: Multicore scaling is perfect, all cores and threads are perfectly used.

Under this assumption, can I (over)simplify overclocking as that for an 8-core / 16-Threads cpu, an overclock of 100mhz results in the same performance boost as an OC of 800/1600 mhz on a single core (with or without SMT)?

I know the assumption is already too simple, but while reading about the new Ryzen CPUs and the oncoming CPU wars, it occurred to me that the main argument against them (they don't overclock well) might actually be kind of wrong as the per core overclock should at least be multiplied by the amounts of cores, if not by the amount of threads.
Basically, my thinking is that a 4c/8t CPU would have to oc double the amount (in mhz) to compare that oc to the oc of an 8c/16t CPU.

Apart from the oversimplified assumption at the start, an I completely off base here?

Btw: captcha was AHEAD 1700

>>60904181
Completely reinstall GPU drivers. Uninstall with DDU.

>>60905617
>stable 50c
My hard drives all run at 30c max. Granted, they are sitting right behind the front intake fan, but 50 seems high for prolonged usage.
>>
>>60902917

What's the best temperature sensor program for Windows? I like something that has graphs of temperatures over time and warnings if I go over some limits (before the CPU throttles itself).
>>
Netflix usually had a 10 second rewind button but it seems to have disappeared, anyone know how to get it back? Firefox btw.
>>
>>60909510
HWinfo or Hardware monitor.
>>
Any /g/ curated or recommended resources for buying speakers? Absolute low end, ~$50 or so — I've been on $15 ones my whole life and never noticed anything wrong, just want something a bit sturdier. Or something with a minimalist rectangular aesthetic/no curves.
>>
made a thread, but maybe it belongs here as a Stupid Q

thoughts on KK
>>60909519
>>
>>60909478
Overclocking is generally limited by the weakest cores, so you get less overclock.

When you consider that an 8 core will probably cost twice as much as a 4 core, the overclock per dollar is better on the 4 core.
>>
>>60909617

I know, but for arguments sake, let's leave the cost out of this (also, the 1700 is 8c/16t and roughly 10% cheaper than the 7700k, which is 4c/8t)
My thought is of purely academic nature, because I think that current lines of argumentation in the cpu threads is pretty bogus in regards to overclocking
>>
Does anyone still use Appchan X? It for some reason won't update new mascots for no real reason and I'm not sure.
>>
>>60909636
If cost is not a factor its a moot point, also you're comparing two chips with different architectures.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_111103327.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_111103327.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Brother gave me his PC to repair it.
It boots fine, but doesn't output any video, neither through the onboard gfx nor through the gfx card.
PSU, RAM, hard drive and wiring are fine.
This is what the CPU socket looks like.
I assume that this is the problem?
Especially the area in the lower right.
>>
What do I do with my knowledge?

I know C++ and want to put together some programs on GetHub or something to build a folio, but I don't know what to make that would be worthwhile, I just don't have any ideas on what to work on.

I don't want anything to do with games.
>>
Can someone help me? When I copy into CS6, it's shown as a three-bar symbol instead of a white heart. How do I fix that? I tried changing the font, but it remains the same.
>>
>>60909790
oops I meant this http://heartsymbol.love/symbols/white-heart
>>
>>60909790
>>60909842
you need to set the font to segoe ui emoji or any other font that supports them.
>>
>>60909720
no that is not the issue. look elsewhere make sure that PSU is good.
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (280B, 29x26px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
280B, 29x26px
>>60909865
That looks really different.
>>
>>60910030
emojis look like whatever the font/system decides for it to look like.
if you want the exact copy from the website then use the same font they use which is source sans pro.
>>
I bought a Macbook at the weird computer clearance thing they do here.

It seems to run great, 2014 model it says on the "about muh shit" button. Price was right that's for sure and it looks fucking brand new.

Partly because I'm paranoid, partly out of respect, I would like to give the hard drive a clean rubdown and start from scratch for myself.

I'm a Windows guy though, so I don't know how to do this. With Windows you run D-ban and then bootup from a USB/CD type in your (((activation code))) and the rest is gravy.

I can't seem to find bootable's for Mac OS though, how do I reinstall the operating system?

I guess I'm asking what the Mac method is for nuke and rebuild.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (302B, 121x61px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
302B, 121x61px
>>60910062
Just did, three black bars
>>
File: 29387479363.png (24KB, 588x635px) Image search: [Google]
29387479363.png
24KB, 588x635px
>Recover files from a decade old IDE drive
>21gb is 4 pdfs
>All corrupt

What's the best program for fixing PDFs?

I'm really curious, the drive was only 75gb, I had dial up back then so there's no way I downloaded them.
>>
>>60910088
seems like source sans pro doesn't actually have emojis, so the browser falls back to the next best sans-serif font, which for me is just segoe ui (the non emoji version)
try that one.
>>
>>60910079
You should be able to run disk utility from the installer disc that will let you reformat or secure erase
Really no reason to do a full overwrite if you're keeping it.
>>
>>60909872
Are the pins supposed to look like that?
Why is it only in that one area to the lower right?
>>
File: 1268336093257.jpg (10KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1268336093257.jpg
10KB, 320x213px
>>60902917
Is it possible to get a virus that diverts crypto currency transfers? I keep losing my deposits, which are luckily small. I checked and all my windows restore points are gone. I'm scanning now with MB, but it's scanning the whole eth blockchain and taking forever because I use the full node wallet. I've lost 0.04 ETH transferring from a different computer to bittrex and just lost 1k doge transferring from a different exchange an hour ago.
>>
>>60910117
It worked! Thank you!
>>
>>60910131
No its fucked
>>
>>60910131
Yes pins are fine,even if you half of them were in this position It would affect performance because chips do not use all of them.
Only proper server chip would put all pcie lanes as priority.
>>
>>60910153
>>60910155
Thanks.
I guess the answer is maybe.
>>
>>60910159
It's already fucked. Can't fuck it more.
Get the tweezers out and start bending pins back into place.
>>
>>60910159
There are some pins you can do without a few of, but if you lose certain pins its fucked
>>
File: 1497332105107.jpg (125KB, 539x396px) Image search: [Google]
1497332105107.jpg
125KB, 539x396px
How do I get around the r e d d i t wordfilter.

I used to use Alt 0173 but it doesn't work anymore.

Please help.
>>
>>60910199
You can write reddit just fine
>>
>>60910210
reddit
>>
>>60910210
>>60910213
oh

well you can't on /tv/

how do they do it on /tv/?
>>
This is probably the stupidest question posted on stupid questions, but my brain is frazzled, and I'm really stumped by this.

How would I linearly interpolate between 2 values. For example, I want a value that is a fractional distance of, say, 0.4, between 2 values, say, 5, and 35. It should be simple enough, but I can't think properly. Thanks guys.
>>
File: batt.jpg (145KB, 1024x463px) Image search: [Google]
batt.jpg
145KB, 1024x463px
What battery type is this small Duracell? I can't find the name, I need to get some of these for a device I got.
They're thin like AAA but only half the length.
>>
Is moving components like Motherboards etc hard from an old case to a new one? I have a Mid tower but thinking of getting a full tower as i'm seemingly running out of space thanks to my 1070 and I had to remove a HDD casing slot to make it fit
>>
>>60910298
you can go through the duracell product line online you know.

looks like this: https://www.duracell.com/en-us/product/ultra-lithium-123-battery
>>
>>60910250
That's one for /sci/. Seriously, they'll squabble over the answer like bar hags over the last man in the bar at closing time.
>>
>>60910298
is that a type N?
>>
It looks like the charging port on my notebook just broke down. The power connection is unstable. It oscilliates between charging and discharging with a period about ten seconds. Sometimes it disappears entirely, after which it could be restored to oscilliating condition by moving jack in port. I can't find any angle which makes the connection stable. What to do?

Periods of charging are bigger than periods of discharging, so it looks like it won't lose charge anytime soon, but even this oscilliating connection is not stable, and it looks like it's VERY DAMAGING to the power adapter. It's so hot I can smell melting plastic, which is not surprising given that approximately one third of energy is being lost. It probably won't do anything good to the battery as well.
>>
>>60910344
looks like it.
>>
>>60910366
Isopropyl alcohol. Clean the connections.
>>
Can I replace my motherboard in my T60 with something more modern? is so what board should I get?
>>
>>60910413
Does it have to be this exact isopropyl thing? I don't think I have it.
Also, how am I supposed to apply it?

I've applied some kind of disinfectant with a needle, but it changed nothing, except for oscilliating period, which is about 5 seconds now. Might be a coincedence, though.
>>
Sometimes I seem to be completely unable to upload a file pretty much anywhere on the Internet.
This happens verry rarely, but when it happens it's annoying as fuck.
I've had it happen with a video I edited and a set of cad data I made. While uploading other files works perfectly well Those files always fail to upload. I can't even attatch them to emails. I checked the files for viruses but can't find any.
Any clue what might be wrong or a possible fix?
I'm on a windows7 pc if that matters.
>>
alright /g/entoomans, say, can I install loonix in vm, rice it in my free time, and then somehow move all my settings and programs to all of my devices (at which i'd install the same distro)?
>>
>>60910338
Thanks mate!
>>
>>60908594
just wondering this means the router speed matters now? does a router with usb 3.0 make a difference in transfer speed?
>>
I want to fill missing artwork in my itunes library, but I don't want to overwrite existing artwork.
Any apps that would get the job done?
>>
>>60910564
Applied hydrogen peroxide and ammonia, still no results.
>>
i've run antimalware and now on startup i get window with "couldn't load module wpnlefjp.dll" which was in a folder called Adnware that it deleted after scanning
what do?
>>
>>60910917
reinstall windows
>>
>>60910650
External hard drives are generally faster than usb 2, so it can make a difference in absolute transfer speeds. But if you're sending smaller files around or you don't need killer speeds, it's not critical. If it's just for running backups, there shouldn't be much of a time crunch.
>>
File: employment.png (445KB, 1019x257px) Image search: [Google]
employment.png
445KB, 1019x257px
What do I need to leech on Public WiFi spot that's about 100-200 meters (30-60 feet) away?
>>
>>60910917
Check if adnware is listed in msconfig and disable it if you can. Roll back to a system restore point if you have any.
>>
>>60910992
Better math for starters
>>
File: NBE-M5-19-2.jpg (57KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
NBE-M5-19-2.jpg
57KB, 500x390px
>>60911015
Shit, I meant the other way around.
100-200 feet (30-60 meters).
I was thinking of getting an Nanobeam.
Or should I look for another product?
>>
File: 1496184217058.jpg (7KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496184217058.jpg
7KB, 400x350px
Are there any front facing camera blocking apps for android? All I can find are ones that block both the front and rear and I don't care about an app spying/recording whatever is in front of me. I just don't want my face being recorded everytime I use it.
>>
File: 1497387877595s.png (47KB, 200x245px) Image search: [Google]
1497387877595s.png
47KB, 200x245px
I have this weird fetish to get hacked. Who want to do it for me?
>>
So on my $800AUD screen I have a massive line going down the centre. Some times it causes text to overlap, and it is really noticeable when I watch YouTube.

P.S the line isn't actually visible, but I know its there because its like I have 2 screens that merge seemlessly

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>60911145
Turn off windows firewall and setup your router to treat this computer as the DMZ. Give it a few days and you'll have backdoors out the ass.
>>
>>60911081
It's probably as good as any. You should be aware though that those things work best when they're paired with another directional antenna at the other end. Your results will depend heavily on how strong the source is and how much of that signal is going in your direction. And if you don't have clear line of sight, that drops your chances significantly.
>>
File: 1494280614579.jpg (60KB, 1200x745px) Image search: [Google]
1494280614579.jpg
60KB, 1200x745px
>>60911172
>A back door in your back door
>>
>>60911172
> setup your router to treat this computer as the DMZ
I take it NAT networks in USA are nonexistent?
>>
>>60910990
most of the time, im transfering raw pictures around 1gb or more. guess this could be an excuse for me to upgrade to a new router :^)
>>
File: 1497434380399.jpg (171KB, 581x767px) Image search: [Google]
1497434380399.jpg
171KB, 581x767px
I installed Arch last night with i3 and I can't seem to get mod + d to work. If I have a terminal open nothing happens. If nothing is open, it just shows a busy cursor for about a minute.

I've used jewgle and have reviewed the results without any success.
>>
>>60911165
bump
>>
>>60911176
Then what do you suggest as an alternative?
I'll be in a road trip, and many shops have free wifi spot near parking sites.
>>
>>60908386
and from what I understand it only reads the first words

for example, mine says "kepler montrose". I can write "kepler FUCKANIMENIGGERS" and it will still accept it.
>>
I have some 8 ohm subs and im trying to only play lows is there anything i can attach to cut out mids / highs?
>>
>>60911189
setting a DMZ has no meaning outside of a NAT
>>
What are some ebay red flags? This part I was looking at, guy has it listed like a dozen times in slightly different ways and it bothers me.
>>
>>60911478
ebay is already a big red flag.
always be prepared for trouble.
>>
>>60911475
I get it, but, like, ISP NAT networks, when they give you an address like 10.100.16.195 for your router/household.
>>
>>60911559
oh, never heard of any doing that
i'm not american, though
>>
Where do i learn how to use Adobe After Effects properly?
>>
is there a /g/ approved list of cracks for semi-popular programs?
>>
>>60911594
Linda
>>
>>60911594
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/
>>
wich is a good futureproof router for around or under 100 preferably?
>>
>>60911531

Have a horror story?
>>
>>60911734
and is it stupid to buy a better router secondhand for cheaper?
>>
File: 14972919786162.jpg (197KB, 853x1137px) Image search: [Google]
14972919786162.jpg
197KB, 853x1137px
>>60911625
>>60911627
Cheers
>>
18 hours later

Port forwarding a virtual machine through the router using the hosts network adapter proved to be a huge bite in the ass. 2/15 success rate checking if port was open.

Gave virtual machine it's own dedicated network adapter. 15/15 and ready for bed.

that feel when you fix the problem, i know you've felt it too. goodnight, friend.
>>
I am trying to get my PC online... And I have an OS disc... But my computer isnt letting me enter bios...
It doesnt show me the key to press, and after I googled it and find it was f2, I spammed it until the computer finished turning on, and still nothing

I don't know much about computers so please help me /g/uys
>>
Is CentOS worth using as a daily operating system?
>>
>>60912084
Not really. Packages are pretty old. It's mostly used as a server, not for desktop use.
>>
File: Untitled Image.png (84KB, 1354x149px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled Image.png
84KB, 1354x149px
Why are these ads showing up only on media boards?
>>
>>60912225
Because Hiro is a jew. Can't even remove it with ABP.
>>
>>60912225
>>60912271
ublock origin doesn't have this problem
>>
>>60912351
Ok, I just changed to Ublock, it's really gone.
>>
So apparently ryzen R3 is gonna be non-HT, I was wondering how they do that? I don't know much about how they manufacture these but wouldn't they have to have a seperate process for the non-HT cores which would cost them a shitton of money? Am I thinking about this all wrong?
>>
Defragging whilst using the computer good/bad? Will it make it take longer?
>>
>>60912225
Add them to the block list. Occasionally things get through the cracks one way or another.
>>
I uninstalled Office 2013 and manually deleted the registry keys, yet it shows up in ccleaner, how to fix bros?
>>
>>60912437
reinstall windows
>>
File: 1.webm (126KB, 578x232px) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
126KB, 578x232px
how do I add 'ctrl + click', 'mouse over' and auto complete (even for new included .h) on sublime text (or any other recommended text editor) for C++ like eclipse (with mingw)
>>
So I bought some cheap Hama adapter, but I can't seem to make it work. Windows 7 installs some drivers, but they don't seem to do much. I checked and it said is chipset
CSR8510 A10 so I searched for drivers and install all sorts of shit, but nothing really worked properly.
Any ideas?
>>
I just had a very nasty BOIS reset incident but I am certain the battery is ok. What other problems could result in a BIOS reset?
>>
File: vbbv.png (83KB, 4900x1667px) Image search: [Google]
vbbv.png
83KB, 4900x1667px
What's that site where you can download up-to-date Windows ISOs? I need an Enterprise ISO that I can't find anywhere.
>>
i have a normal tplink router and got a cisco rv082 to try out for a few days just to mess around in it, play with vpn and all

is there any way i can access that secondary router without changing a shitload amount of settings on my original one?

my first one gives dhcp and the cisco routers default setup is prob running dhcp too

i really dont want to change the ip range on the first one just for these few days

so yeah how the fuck do i access the settings of the second cisco router?
>>
So, I installed a new Network Card last night, but all of a sudden today, my mouse and keyboard aren't working. No matter what port I put em in. They worked just fine last night. Anybody know what's causing this?
>>
>>60912692
Meant last week, not last night. My bad.
>>
Are ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology and Device Setup needed or can I safely uninstall them?
>>
How do I ssh into a Linux computer for the purpose of running code on it?
>>
I'm using my computer for GPU number crunching on a Nvidia video card. Not bitcoin, it's really nerdy shit on BOINC. Everything is working just peachy on Win7 but I want to switch permanently to Linux because Win10 isn't much of an upgrade path and I don't play games at all, so I don't really want to bother myself with 10. I ran Linux before and it ran really well for me, but I always kept wondering about the GPU performance on Linux, especially as I had to sudo a shit-ton of drivers and hacks to make BOINC work. The question here isn't "will it work" (I know it will) but "will there be a GPU performance penalty running WUs when compared to Windows?"
>>
>>60912767
which part of putty is unclear?
>>
>>60912767
Terribly phrased. You want to run a script when you connect with putty or ?
>>
>>60912416
In early 2000 it would cause problems.
Now you can do it just fine no worries.
>>
>>60912370
adblock have this "acceptable cancer" ad system going on, now you're safe. godspeed.
>>
>>60911905
>I am trying to get my PC online
You mean conect it to the interwebs?
> And I have an OS disc
You mean a CD with your OS on it ?
>But my computer isnt letting me enter bios
What happens? Black screen ? Blue Screen ? What message ?
>>
>>60912416
it'll take a tiny bit longer, but mostly if you're defragging your system drive, the system will be very unresponsive
it's completely safe to do so though, so feel free to keep browsing or something (which doesn't demand much from your disk)
>>
>>60912781
Not a linux guru here, but gpu drivers might work fine on gnu systems. The main differences may be interface and support but the perfs differences would go unnoticed.
>>
This looks like a really retarded question but I know nothing about bash.
why does
read -n 1 x
if [ x==1 ]; then
printf "\n0"
fi
print 0 for every string read?
>>
>>60912416
>>60912925
ps. it's normal for the system to be unresponsive when defragging
defragging thrashes the hdd practically by definition, that is, it's accessing only fragmented files, the worst things to read, in order to make them not fragmented
>>
>>60912669
Bump, god damn it.
>>
>>60912952
Get a private tracker or your local direct download forum godammit. At least tell your country before getting pissy cockmongler.
>>
how do I include Defined constants in my printf function in C
>>
>>60912790
>>60912864
Once I connect to the host it's just the same black terminal, (I'm using c++) I type in g++, command not recognized. The terminal takes Linux commands but I just want to compile on it.
>>
What's the purpose of learning computer organization shit like paging tables, TLB,offset fields, blocks, etc? Is it something people use often in the real world?
>>
>>60913183
you need to install gcc for that
most distros have a package group with all the basic compiling tools you'll want, install that
on arch for example, install "base-devel"
>>
What would you say are the most important algorithms to understand in order to be better at solving other algorithms?
>>
My dad uses a Dell from 1995 or maybe earlier for work. I want to backup his files in case the hard drive finally gives out.
It has a USB port, could I just stick a flash drive in there and copy them or is it too old to read it?
If that doesn't work what are my options? It's got a floppy and cd drive, so I might be able to copy over his files that way.
>>
If I buy a PS4 controller that is sold directly from Amazon, am I guaranteed to get a genuine one and not a shitty Chinese knockoff? Already got burned by an ebay seller so I want to be careful this time. Might just go into walmart but I want to be sure I get one of the updated version and not one of the older ones.
>>
>>60913379
Just order from a proper retailer.
The v2 has grey sticks and buttons.
>>
>>60913376
Upload them to mega or something?
>>
What are the best ways to connect two microphones to an Android tablet for a Skype call? The tablet has Bluetooth 4.0, a 3-5mm combo jack, and a micro USB port.
>>
>>60913421
Yeah the pictures on Walmart's site appear to be the older version while the pictures on Amazon and Costco clearly are the new version, not sure if Walmart just hasn't updated their photos or what. I could go to Costco but it's quite a drive.
>>
New thread: >>60913516
>>
>>60913440
I'm not sure it can even connect to the internet.
>>
File: FF7 test render.jpg (534KB, 2697x1881px) Image search: [Google]
FF7 test render.jpg
534KB, 2697x1881px
Editing/Rendering 4k footage in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13

My source footage doesn't have this ghost/overlaying/overlapping whatever it's called, where these frames are like interlaced or maybe it's trying to make fake frames, but it looks bad to me

What setting would cause something like this? my source footage is clean of this
>>
>>60913469
If you want to be sure go and buy it.
>>
>>60910250
On a line, and assuming that you're moving from lowest to highest it's:
((highest - lowest) * fraction) + lowest , so
((35 - 5 ) * 0.4) + 5 or 17.
>>
>>60911139
Real gaffers' tape doesn't leave any nasty residue behind, or ask for permission to read your mail at installation.
>>
>>60913376
if it has a USB port, it's newer than 1995, USB didn't even exist until 1996

yea, you can use modern usb flash drives in a USB1.1 port, it'll just be slow (they go up to 12Mbps for "full speed")
however, for windows older than ME (did 2k have it?), usb mass storage drivers aren't included by default, so you may need to install one
>>
>>60913548
check you're using the same framerate as the source throughout, it could be an artifact of frame rate conversion
>>
I can't afford the fucking RX 480 8gb

GTX 1050 TI 4gb or RX 580 4gb? (for gaming)
>>
>>60913102
I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Assuming you have defined constants as strings for error messages, or something you can do it two ways.

#define ERR_INVALID "Invalid input"
// Normal way using replacement
printf("ERRMSG: %s\n", ERR_INVALID);
// Or with string concatenation
printf("ERRMSG: " ERR_INVALID "\n");

Literally strings separated by whitespace are concatenated.
>>
>>60907880
i don't know what any of that means but I didn't manually hit anything
the latest crash happened when I was looking at the thumbnail of a youtube vid, not touching the screen or anything
>>
>>60914399
i'm not sure, magic sysrq is not a crash, it's something that is intentionally triggered
i can't imagine any normal android rom even having the feature enabled at all
>>
>>60914428
it's a custom rom, but no one else on the rom's xda page has posted about having this happen
and there's about 25,000 posts.
I asked the same thing on the /spg/ thread and some dude says this >>60909060
>>
>>60913800
I don't actually have an option for 4k 30fps in this program 29.9xxxx is the closest I get and that still has issues. I sure hope I don't have to start paying for premier or something, though I should be able to finish this playthrough within a month....Trying to manually set 4k in another codec gives me an error, might be locked to sony's condec for 4k. I think think the software is exactly meant to do 4k footage.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.