[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 32

File: lg-v20-ifa.jpg (41KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
lg-v20-ifa.jpg
41KB, 770x513px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Nokia 9 Flagship Finally Spotted in Leaked Hands-on Photos? Arriving with 5.3” QHD Screen, Snapdragon 835, Dual Rear Cam
https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/05/21/nokia-9-flagship-finally-spotted-leaked-hands-photos-arriving-5-3-qhd-screen-snapdragon-835-dual-rear-cam/

Huawei Honor 9 Gets Network License, 3.5mm Jack Not Cancelled
https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/05/20/huawei-honor-9-network-license-3-5mm-jack-cancelled/

Huawei nova 2 to be announced on May 26
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_nova_2_to_be_announced_on_may_26-news-24954.php

OnePlus 5 Already on GearBest - Totally Monstrous Specs & Design!
http://www.xiaomitoday.com/oneplus-5-already-gearbest/

old >>60539003
>>
Is it worth getting a xiaomi mi 5 today? How well does it run nougat?
>>
What's the point of buying a phone that's not a flagship? There's like 3-4 relevant phones.
>>
Mono speaker or bust. There's no difference in sound. It's dual channel.
>>
>>60574556
Not everyone can/wants to drop 700 euros on the latest phone
>>
>>60574556
Because the good budget flagships have more value overall.
>>
I'm looking at the
Motorola Moto G4 Play because it's pretty cheap new and not too big (hate big phones). Anyone got any experience with it?
>>
File: tmp_22288-14949910607631541588.png (17KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22288-14949910607631541588.png
17KB, 746x600px
What's some app to show notes on the main screen?
>>
~300e phone with decent-great specs and a good front and back camera? Preferably 5.2 inches but i can live with 5.5.
>>
>>60575272
Moto G5 Plus could be interesting
>>
If you live in the United States and your phone isn't either an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy, you are considered poor and people will wonder what's the matter with you.
>>
>>60574480
No. avoid it like the plague

Xiaomi has literally f'ed up the Mi5 with the last few updates.

During the last few ROM updates, Xiaomi managed to fuck up literally everything.
Currently I am personally facing:

1. GPS sometimes locks, sometimes it doesn't, and it's unsure for how long it stays locked. Also, it almost never works when plugged in to my car's QC charger.

2. Super high idle battery drain. It used to be awesome, now it loses 10-15% every night while just sitting.

3. Ram issues, apps seem to close way faster than before.

4. I cannot use bluetooth to play music anymore, it's broken. Before you ask, I've tried 2 different speakers and a headset, paired/unpaired/reset everything, no result.

5. I cannot use a wired headset to talk, as the mic doesn't work. Tried 3 different headsets, and 2 of them were Xiaomi (piston 3s and hybrids).

6. Google Now/Assistant doesn't work properly. Always some weird permission bs when you try to play a song / navigate home / set an alarm etc. Practically unusable.

7. Overheats af if just loaded with apps with a ~25 degree ambient temp. I've seen the 45 degree warning quite a few times.

8. The performance has degraded rapidly. Sometimes it feels like my old HTC One M8, with the sluggishness to switch apps and the inability to even draw some apps without 5 seconds passing with a blank screen. It even freezes up on the Google Now launcher when pressing the home button when it's loaded..

https://archive.is/i30jJ
>>
Thinking about buying Nokia 5 when it premieres in my country. Has anyone had any experience with it?
>>
>>60576123
chinked
>>
>>60576123
Stop using MIUI and install LineageOS
>>
>>60575272
i recently got the moto g5. it's really nice. i got the ad version and... honestly i dont even notice the ads. @ first it was nice cause it recommends shit i want and i would look through it but then i just removed the widget cause no money. but if you got money and want stuff recommeneded to buy you can get that. Otherwise the phone is really good for the specs and price.
>>
>>60576194
>the ad version
Wtf?
>>
Where can i get a weeb case for my op3t
>>
>>60576035
>>60576194
I've had this recommended to me elsewhere and I'm wondering what makes it such a good phone.

On paper, specification-wise it looks average.

On a side note, is a used sony xperia XZ for 300e a good deal?
>>
>>60576093

Side-grade is the Pixel and we both know it.

It has even more brand recognition than any Samsung phone because all normies, even Grandpa know what Google is.
>>
>>60576093
Only the most shallow human detritus care that much about a phone. I live on a college campus so I see it firsthand all the time. 99.9% of people don't begin to care. Shit it seems like half of them have cracked screens these days what's up with that?
>>
>>60576394
>used sony xperia XZ for 300e a good deal
it's not a good deal, it's normal. if it's in good condition I'd pay max 250€. the next iteration, the XZ1, will be coming out shortly as well as a compact version.
>>
>>60576741
Thank you, I guess I'll pass up on it then.
>>
is the helio p10 a good SoC? thought of getting a phone that uses it. whats the pros/cons of it
>>
>>60576759
pros: coars
cons: mediakek
>>
>>60576708
>seems like half of them have cracked screens these days

Fuck, I've noticed this too. Do normies play baseball with their phones? Is that the new fad?
>>
Ordered a motorola E3 power(because there is not ONE company in market right now to rival Motorola's toughness) , arriving today.
On a side note,my uncle's Xiaomi MI 4 caught fire.
After buying around 15 Xiaomi phones(limited sales) for myself and friends, I have realized how shit they are.
It's funny, 9-10 years ago I wold've laughed at them for being chinkshit but now I bought a lot of them only to be let down.
>>
I need a reasonably priced new phone for my mother. She mostly use her smartphone to take pictures and messaging in viber/telegram/whatever. Main requirements are decent camera and battery with a display no bigger than 5". What are some good chinkphones like this in $150-200 range?
>>
HTC u11 or s8?
>>
How good is Honor 6X on nougat?
>>
Any one has a Coolpad Cool1 Dual?

How is it?
>>
Is Apple finished?
This is literally the g6
>>
>>60574573
There is a huge difference when you watch multimedia or play a song.
>>
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/r-s-e-sound-systems-auditory-research-t3379709
>Full SELinux Enforcing support
Why is this allowed? Why do they lie about this?
>>
>>60577616
LMAO that fingerprint reader
Just put it in the apple logo you unbelievable fuckheads
>>
>>60577616
Normies won't care
>>
Moto G5 Plus or LG G5?
>>
>>60578422
lg bootloops doesn't it
>>
Its been like 2 years

is the Galaxy S6 (edge) rootable yet?
>>
>>60578562
No and it never will be.
>>
>>60578571
Why not
>>
Was ricing my axon7 a little more. Question: How do I remove the little white for from the Nova launcher app drawer icon?
>>
what's a good notepad on android that saves an imports .txt files. Also, password/biometric protection.
>>
>>60578700
>for
I meant dot
>>
Actually I noticed I don't need the app drawer icon at all
>>
>been using the same phone since 2013
>willing to spend $800 on the latest flagship
>but still no xposed for nougat
>>
>>60578544
Fuck, does it?
>>
>>60578604
Because there isn't a vulnerability someone can exploit to get it?
>>
>>60574935
excellent battery life (accubattery reports ~10 hrs SOT), ok camera - serviceable but not fantastic, experience can be slow though - some webpages like xda take longer to load vs a nexus 6p. i usuallly use it for waze, watch videos, and clover and it works just as well as a 6p in those situations
>>
File: 1439821277760.jpg (14KB, 246x246px)
1439821277760.jpg
14KB, 246x246px
>>60579028
>there isn't a vulnerability someone can exploit to get it?
>mfw samsung created invulnerable software
>>
>>60579100
Samsung didn't really do anything. Android has been getting harder and harder to exploit. I would not expect to see root for any new devices unless they are specifically leaving it open.
>>
>>60578795
https://youtu.be/ExNvVnWLSWc?t=3m49s
>>
Clover is gay as hell, is there a way to get 4chan-x on Android ?
>>
>>60579318
>Clover is gay as hell
make a better app, you gay fag
>>
>>60579137
>Samsung didn't really do anything.
They did, though. Samsung forced checks that throws the device into a bootloop if the /system or /boot partition is tampered with.

Newer Samsung devices have been rooted though, chances are the community just gave up on the S6/Edge before they figured it out and moved on to S7.
>>
>>60579359
Done.
>>
>>60579398
well done you gay fag
>>
>>60579408
thanks
>>
>>60579362
How'd they manage that, and on what platforms?
>>
>>60577106
U 1 1
>>
>>60579451
By enforcing dm-verity.
Reading further into it, it seems it's built into Android itself, but up to the manufacturer/vendor to decide whether to enforce it. Not strictly a Samsung thing.
>>
What's the best adblocker for non-rooted android?
Just got an LG G6 and it doesn't seem to be rootable yet. Wouldn't really care much, if it weren't for adaway needing root.
>>
Eventually the Keyone will go up for order in the US... Eventually...
>>
>>60578700
Go to
Nova settings
Desktop
Page indicator
Click none
Ok
>>
>>60579902
Adguard works quite well, though it is paid if you want to block ads in apps outside of your webbrowser.
It has a free trial for 30 days, then costs 10 USD/year, so not too expensive. Doesn't require root since it works by pretending to be a VPN.
>>
>the result of cramming a 3500 mAh battery into a small screen

Thank you based Lenovo.
>>
>>60580545
What phone is this?
>>
Is the chinkphone meme now dead? Are any of the Xiaomi phones and their chink/pajeet userbases worth dealing with? My Redmi Note 3 is on its last legs and I want a 5in replacement

Basically is the Redmi Note 4 a piece of shit or should I get the Zuk Z2 instead?
>>
>>60580663
i think it's the the zuk z2, which is the only phone i know of that has a 3500 battery (coincidentally on a small 5 inch screen).
>>
>>60580775
5.5 I mean but you know what I mean
>>
File: lg-g3-screencap.png (394KB, 509x535px)
lg-g3-screencap.png
394KB, 509x535px
could anyone help
my android keeps crashing
I did a TOT restore and the crashing persisted so I know it's not a software issue, it's the hardware
And I put in a fresh battery so I know it's not the battery either
anyone have any idea what the issue might be?
I've had the phone for 3 years btw, but I'm too broke to buy a new one.
Also I have a last_kmsg.txt if anyone knows how to read that thing (I don't)
>>
>>60580940
>my android keeps crashing
when, how, custom rom, sock? etc.
>>
>>60581355
The phone reboots itself, is what I mean by crashing
it crashes no matter what rom I use, even straight TOT stock
but currently I am using fulmics rom
when I originally flashed the fulmics rom, I did not yet have these crashing issues. the rom worked fine for several months.
The crashing started when I incorrectly flashed the fulmics OTA updates (I skipped one), and as I mentioned above, replacing the battery and performing a TOT restoration back to stock didn't fix it.
As far as when does the crashing actually occur, it almost always only happens when the screen is on. But I did notice it happen once while my phone was just sitting on my desk, screen off and everything.
It also happens in clusters.
About every 3 days.
So I will have about 60 hours of no crashing, and then a 30 minute minute window where it crashes twice or so. Rinse and repeat.
Sometimes it goes 5 days.
Sometimes it goes 1 day.
But 3 is just about the usual.
Another note, I watch a lot of youtube on my phone, so it crashes while I'm watching a youtube videos all the time. But I did notice that it is even more likely to crash specifically when I'm watching a livestream youtube video. Livestream is a definite trigger.
>>
>>60581899
are you rooted?

did you run a catlog? that way you can see specifically whatever is occurring before the crash, when you restart the phone (kinda like event viewer in windows).

it almost sounds hardware related, but i'd really try to go back to stock before i'd say that conclusively. and it's not an "overheating" thing since it restarted in idle once.
>>
>>60582052
yes i'm rooted
yeah I ran the catlog
that's the last_kmsg.txt that I'm talking about (last kernel message) but it's just a huge ass txt and I have no idea what any of it means.
And I did go back to stock, it still crashed.
Also my memory is foggy so it could be that I was using the phone just before it crashed in idle, I don't think that was the case but I can't recall completely
>>
>>60582171
wanna post the .txt?
>>
>>60582244
https://pastebin.com/64aFJpYa
I am just googling phrases starting from the bottom of the txt right now.
Is that what I'm supposed to do? lol i have no idea
>>
Hey, I want to replace my current phone (Oneplus One).

I don't need anything specific, just a generally better phone/specs. Budget is about $300 - $400

I'm from Germany if it matters.
>>
I want to buy a small Xiaomeme that can run LineageOS or equivalent.

Budget $200

Needs to be small and lightweight as my current phone is the Xiaomi Mi Max and it's fucking gigantic.
>>
>>60582360
the only line of interest here is "wcnss crash shutdown 0" which is known to cause reboots. i think that the wcnss is related to the cpu and its communication with the wifi chip on the phone.

have you tried shutting off wifi and see if it still crashes?
>>
>>60582522
i haven't
Turning wifi off for a little while would tell me nothing, I would have to turn the wifi off for a few days, at least 5 days in fact since that's the longest my phone has gone without crashing.
I don't have a data plan on my phone either, just wifi

also what about lines like
>Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception
or
>SMP: failed to stop secondary CPUs
are those not of interest?
I was googling those lol
>>
Why can't Sony make a Compact that's not a slight upgrade or even a downgrade comparing to earlier ones?
I swear, I'm over 2 years with Z3 Compact, my whole family begs me to upgrade so they can get mine (they're too cheap to buy anything decent), but there's nothing I find worth replacing my phone. Z5 Compact still has 2GB RAM, X Compact has worse camera than Z5 and can't even record at 4K and they're all 720p. Is 1080p on 4.6-4.7 inch screen too much to ask?
>>
>>60582599
"kernel panic" is interesting, but they're far too general and turn up almost regardless of the crash. what's important to understand is that it's the kernel that's crashing (not the os), that's why the phone is rebooting instead of just going blank screen or shutting down.

wcnss is a subsystem driver for the qualcomm chip and talks with the wifi chip. i quickly googled this and found several threads about random reboots. this is one example:

>wcnss crash shutdown 1

>I formated the device and reflashed it with the Mahdi Rom. The problem is probably related to the WLAN Module in the device, i switched the HotSpot here @ work. 24 hours later no force reboot. I think theres some kind of incompatibiltys between the WLAN Chipsets

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/random-self-reboots-opo-64gb.68498/page-5

you will have to turn off the wifi to know conclusively if that's the issue (i think it might be). then you might want to flash a custom kernel.
>>
>>60582702
yeah
upon googling the kernel panic thing I suddenly remembered that throughout that several month no crash period I was using a different kernel, and flashed that immediately
I meant to have flashed that kernel and try that out before I even posted here about my issue but I completely forgot about it

but anyway, forgoing mobile wifi for 5 days is pretty tough, but I'm considering it
let's say I do that, and it turns out my phone doesn't crash
what can I do with that information?
>>
>>60579902
DNS66 on F-Droid
>>
>>60580858
From what I hear RN4 is better for overall quality of the device
>>
>>60576708
Normies do everything with their phones. Every single moment is Snapchat worthy to them. I know a girl who brings her phone into the shower with her.
>>
>>60576741
>compact version
Do you know for sure? Really want to upgrade to a smaller phone
>>
>>60582867
Doesn't that prevent downloads?
>>
>>60578993
I'm curious as well, I'd rather not get a glued piece of glass/metal but, that would be better than a repairable but useless phone.
>>
>>60582822
if it doesn't crash you're pretty certain that you need to flash another kernel that's suitable for your rom. it's usually not hard to find one online. but considering the info you just posted, it seems likely already that it's the kernel that's somewhat incompatible with the wlan...
>>
>>60583145
No, works like what the other anon was describing but free
>>
Guys, I had my phone for a few months now and it developed a new problem just now. When I charge it, it doesn't charge properly. Basically, it briefly shows it's charging, then it briefly doesn't charge and displays "low battery: connect to charger", then it charges briefly and this cycle pretty much repeats endlessly. What's happening and what should I do?
>>
>>60583428
Are you sure web browser downloads work?
>>
File: anon feel.jpg (56KB, 615x800px)
anon feel.jpg
56KB, 615x800px
>>60582503
pls respond
>>
How durable is the Redmi Note 4? I tried spending about $250 on a chinkphone, but everything in that price range has some kind of retarded flaw.
So Imma just spend less, if you guys tell me that thing can survive a regular drop or two.
>>
>>60583354
ok
just one last question, do you see the battery factoring into the equation at all or no?
I ask because for everyone else who uses fulmics rom, they can use the stock fulmics kernel without issue.
this has to mean that there is something different about my phone, and the only difference I can think of is that I'm using a battery that I bought off amazon, a highly recommended battery but nonetheless, it's not the stock battery.
>>
File: IMG_7958.jpg (69KB, 750x750px)
IMG_7958.jpg
69KB, 750x750px
S8 OR G6 I can't fucking decide... Getting decision fatigue HELP
>>
>>60583502
I've done it, but i might be wrong
>>
>>60583615
U11 will trump them both. Just wait for the release
>>
>>60583611
not really. you can actually compare the voltage of your current battery with an app (like battery indicator) and see if it's similar to the stock battery. but since the battery has no software functionality at all i don't see it as a problem.

is fulmics rom used a lot with your particular phone?
>>
File: 1495616364428-g.gif (413KB, 640x633px)
1495616364428-g.gif
413KB, 640x633px
So I managed to drop and break my LG V10. Great phone and all etc. I went back to my LG G Stylo (1st Gen) and honestly, I'm enjoying it. I was only going to use it temporarily, but I can actually see myself using it long term. I feel like a pleb, but it supports large microSD cards, decent battery life and ram.

Maybe the Note 8 will make me want to move. Anyone else comfy with a mid range phone? I've been using "flagship" devices since forever, I didn't know mid range we're as good as they are. I mean they just released the Stylo 3 plus which improves on all the little things this phone lacks. And it's only $210.
>>
>>60584261
yeah
it's the most popular aosp for the lg g3
and the only reason I flashed it in the first place is because when I got the new amazon battery, i found out it was incompatible with the stock rom's kernel, due to bad coding on the part of the folks at LG.
but as far as I was aware it's not supposed to cause crashes, just extreme battery drain and/or charging times.
>>
>>60584419
well that changes things.. just flash a new kernel and get a stock battery (or try flashing new kernel first and see if that alone solves it). pretty sure we've got it nailed down at this point.
>>
Best easy non-google solution for backing up your photos on Android?
>>
>>60584442
lol it might be nailed down
the thing is there was a time when I was using this battery with the fulmics rom for several months without crashes, but I had a custom non fulmics kernel, and so I'm testing that kernel right now. Once again, I really meant to retest that kernel before posting here but it just slipped my mind. I'm praying to god I will get no crashes

and as far as i could tell, back when i was researching the battery that i bought, it was the most recommended battery for the phone, and def recommended over the stock battery.
the reason i got it in the first place is because the stock battery died.
basically what i have learned through these experiences is that LG phones are great, as long as you use non LG hardware.
and software.
>>
>>60576982
Zuk Z2 or Moto G4 Play
>>
>>60584110
Don't have an option to wait
>>
>>60576708
my screen has been cracked for 2 month now because I snagged the cable and pulled it off my desk when spinning my office chair around to get up.
It's only $50 to get a replacement but it's hard to justify when it still works fine.
>>
Alright, please be patient and answer me this:
What should I be aware of with my brand new Moto G5+?
>should the battery be fully charged for like a day before first time powering up, or should it just be turned on and drained down to like 17% or 34% or some other percentage before charging to full?
And now, our rambling post....
>>60574358
My Moto G5 Plus (4/64GB) (gold) just arrived today in time for me to take it to Strange Creek, but payment processing problems postponed provision of my package from Amazon containing the following:
>tempered glass screen protectors (x2)
>clear case
>black case with credit card pocket & stand
>128gb microsdhc
...and I *really* want to *protect* this $300 phone from hazards, so I don't even want to remove it from the box until those necessary accessories arrive.
>tfw should not open it yet
>tfw fingers crossed for an early delivery tomorrow
>tfw hopefully everything else arrives before we leave
>tfw going up to strange creek with an 8.5/10 thot friday
>tfw seeing another chick already up there
>tfw my gf is coming up to strange creek saturday
>tfw idk which one will still be with me after they meet
>tfw maybe meet a third/fourth chick there
>tfw maybe meet a fourth/fifth chick there
>tfw maybe a sixth chick there
>tfw into some sick shit there
>tfw won't be taking awesome vids of secks with random festie roasties & hoes all weekend long because muh case has not yet arrived and there will be some rain anyway
>tfw actually just going up and spending the entire weekend with just my girlfriend and a coterie of close friends & associates while the crazy girl providing transportation up there will be traded to another encampment for a big ole crystal of some sort -- quartz, molly, amethyst, meth, dilithium -- doesn't really matter lol.
>tfw blogposting in a thread
Wut do, /g/?
>>
>>60580545
>94 hours uptime
>four fucking days before recharging
...imagine a 4amp batter with a 4inch screen....
>>
AGP or OpenKeychain?

Newpipe or Skytube?
>>
>>60585436
Oh yeah also,, if I install microG stuff, do I need to manually remove the corresponding google apps?
>>
File: BATTERY.jpg (340KB, 2870x2558px)
BATTERY.jpg
340KB, 2870x2558px
R8 Axon 7 Battery life. 5.75h SOT with 9% left.
Was watching a lot of youtube, downloading PSP isos, playing PPSSPP and listening to music.

I think with light use you can easily get 48h+.
>>
>>60585296
i'd love a 4.8 inch with a 4k mah, even make it a little thicker. and yeah, it's zuk z2.
>>
>>60585505
Is this use all day or periodic throughout?
>>
>>60585554
I don't understand this question.
>>
>>60574556
There's no reason to do it if you aren't going to utilize all that power.

Aside from normal phone stuff, I use my phone for listening to music and reading ebooks. That's it. I don't need 4GB of RAM and a SD835 to do that.
>>
>>60579469
>no 3.5 jacket
>finger prints everywhere on the back

Yeah no, I wish they continued using metal and kept the 3.5 jacket and I would buy it in a heartbeat!
>>
>>60579080
Not the same anon but, would the G4 Play be significantly better or worse than the non-plus G5 as far as battery life? (If you happen to know.)
>>
>Tfw ppl can't give a link to a new /spg/ thread
>>
>>60577106
>u11
If you want 3.5 mm jacket it's S8, also U11 has an awful back if you ask me, glossy? Wtf
>>
>tfw you fell for the redmeme note 4 global
My hands are so big that whenever I try to type one-handed the skin under my thumb interferes with the touch screen and fucks everything up.
>>
>>60580775
So, why is your rn3p almost dead? Has it happened on its own or have you dropped your phone one too many times?
>>
>>60586162
I literally accidentally bought the mediakek one by accident, now it's started to reboot itself randomly and I don't want to deal with the bullshit over MIUI ROMs and the semi-literate userbase supporting them
>>
>>60585664
Are you straight using the phone all day consecutively or use it for awhile then put it down wait and then use it later?
>>
>>60585505
what app do you use to get this graph?
>>
>>60586503
It's in the settings you dolt
>>
what phone can I get for ~$400 that has the best camera/battery life?
>>
>>60586632
Honor 8
OP3T
>>
So, my Nexus 6 ate shit the other week.

Pains me, because after the glass cracked I realized that this is the only phone that I have ever owned that I have not had an issue with and wish to continue owning past the upcoming 2-year mark. Love this thing, just wish the screen wasn't AMOLED so it wouldn't inevitably burn in and make me give up on this otherwise indestructible goddamned brick of perfection.

I'm looking at either the Nexus 5X or potentially repairing my 6 with a new backplate, midframe, and screen assembly (thus making it basically like-new).
I do NOT want the 6P because it is borderline impossible to repair.
Also, because I am on Verizon, my choices for an unlocked device are basically limited to the Nexuses and a Moto G4/G5, the Motos being a downgrade from what I currently have.

Here are my fears for both options:

*I order expensive (fucking AMOLED is expensive) replacement parts and they are not as good as OEM parts (despite every site claiming they sell OEM), so my 6 is worse than before and the screen either fails after several months or the quality of the AMOLED panel decays incredibly rapidly.
*The reports of the 5X being fucking slow (despite benchmarking better than the 6) are true and the 5X ends up being a downgrade. I am also afraid of the backpanel (I'd be getting the black one to help avoid this) getting scratched and stained to an unrecognizable state despite putting a case on it.

Whatever happens, I will be running LineageOS if that makes a difference.

Anyone here have experience with both the 5X and the 6? Any 5X owners that are still really happy with their device? Anyone that's repaired their 6's screen before to a degree of success?
>>
>>60584346
I'm on the same boat. I was using a Le Pro 3 and switched to LG stylo also. It's solid but I love having a flagship
>>
>>60586546
All phones don't have the graph.
>>
>>60576123
>Don't [s]buy the Mi5[/s] use MIUI
>Fixed that for you. If it's updates ruining it, the phone itself is fine. MIUI is the problem. I know it's unreasonable to expect users to unlock bootloaders and flash ROMs, but if you can get on LOS 14.1 (7.1.2), you'll be far better off.
>>
>>60580545
I bought a P2 and I can't help to cream myself when I don't have to charge my phone after a whole day of fucking around
>>
>>60587050
What country are you in? I'm jelly af it doesn't have the LTE bands for my US carrier
>>
>>60587069
UK. It cost me £200 because my network is awesome. Also, they ship them unlocked. Amazon/Ebay sell them for at least £350
>>
Just bought the o3t, should I have waited for the 5 or no? I read it was supposed to be more expensive and am on budget :(
>>
>>60587102
F U but also enjoy. I'm jealous af
>>
>>60587132
Enjoy purchasing an OnePlus product way too late. Other chinese manufacturers are about to render OnePlus irrelevant.

>>60587180
If you want I can send you one.
>>
>>60583573
Curious as well. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered.

Also how is Xiaomi in terms of botnet? Should I be worried if I plan to install a custom ROM?
>>
>>60586973
?
In marshmallow they do
>>
Guys, I fell for the Xiaomi redmi note 4x and now I'm wait for it to arrive. Did I goofed or it's a good phone?
Also, I read that it can reproduce FLAC, is that right?
>>
Should I get an s8 or a onekey?
>>
>>60587384
no 4g bands
better build then 4 note tho
>>
Does anyone have a phone with Li-Po instead of Li-ion?

is it better

i really want a phone with 8GB ram and 4000+ Li-Po battery with sd 835 or a sd 660, with a amoled screen about 6"
>>
>>60585554
See: screen on and wake up bars.
>>
>>60587460
>4g bands
I'm a poorfag and I just use the wifi of my house and the one of my U to send messages or to call with whatsapp, and here on Chile there was a deal with a company that allowed to kind of "bind" my number to other 3 so I can call them for free. Other than that I dont use the phone as a phone per se but rather as a way to be connected while I'm on class to watch PDFs and shits like that.
>>
I fell for the Axon 7 meme.

After two weeks checking specs and reviews, the only thing that didn't convince me was the 5,5 size.

>I already have a phone that is the biggest i'm willing to have. It is 5"
>place my phone on top ot the axon.
>exactly the same width, and bigger height.
>top specs for 450€, 360€ w/o taxes because freelancer.

Feels good man
>>
Is the Moto X Play any good? It's going for pretty cheap second-hand.
>>
>>60587893
I got a used one in very good condition that has some minor dings on the frame but otherwise looks pristine for $295. My only gripes is that you have to go through a couple hoops to unlock the bootloader, the poor selection of cases and this 2.5d glass meme that makes every screen protector made for it utter shit.

Aside from that, I love this phone. I only wish they had the Axon 7 Mini with the Axon 7 specs. 5.2" was the sweet spot for me.
>>
Any smartphone out there that can drive a 55ohm pair of headphones? Looking at the v20 but it's less than stellar in other factors other than sound
>>
>>60574358
Recently got a job, and found out im actually going to need a phone in order to be efficient. As a NEET who has never *owned* a phone before, the BB passport looks very promising (Physical keyboard, 1:1 aspect ratio). However due to the negatives of the phone I think that I will suffer from buyers remorse. As someone who hates touch screen keyboards, would it be optimal to buy this phone or should I save for a "better" investment like a Keyone?
>>
Do I get the Redmi 4X for $135 or push hurr durr and get the Redmi Note 4 for $187? Would have brought the Redmi 4X already but there's not that many custom roms available for it.
>>
>>60587221
It don't support the LTE bands for my carrier. I would have accepted though
>>
Just bought HTC 10 a month ago, am I desperately missing out on the u11?
>>
>>60588122
Besides that what are you looking for
>>
so im wondering ive been using an old iphone and want a new phone do you guys just outright buy yourselves a new phone then get a sim only monthly or just get a monthly plan and pay some up front cost.

money really doesn't concern me as i know whatever one i get will last me at least 2 years recommendations ?
>>
>bezless
>flip 360 camera
>american
on 30.5 unveiling
>>
>>60576344
Amazon prime exclusive. Ads on the lockscreen
>>
>>60588924
phones are at its peak
even 200$ xiaomi will last you 2 years if you dont throw it or drop it
>>
Best budget phone 150-200$?

I might want to try that amazon prime moto g
>>
Any phone that would be a good straight up upgrade from the Moto X Pure that isn't an overpriced disappointing iPhone clone?
>>
>>60589006
g5 plus
>>
>>60589006
opo 3t
>>
any word when the 2017 galaxy j's are coming out ? why the fuck should i drop £700+ on a s8 when itll be a normie mode snap chat messaging and talking box
>>
>>60583615
S8. Go big or go home.
>>
>>60589056
>Lower resolution
>Smaller screen
>No dual front facing speakers
>iPhone clone layout

Lenovo has fucked everything up.
Its funny as hell that Lenovo removed the dimple that was basically always intended to be the finger print sensor, to put it on the front copying Apple, and then Apple put theirs on the back in just the spot where Moto's dimple was.
>>
So I'm confused.

Is the 3minit Battery App literally just something to customize the battery icon? because I see it constantly in custom ROMs and quite a few people commenting on its inclusion, and it seems fucking worthless.
>>
>>60588866
Htc 10 seems good unlike the u11.
>>
>>60589067
>Lower resolution
>No SD card
>No dual front facing speakers
>iPhone clone layout
>>
>>60589006
Axon 7
>>
>>60589166
>2k screen on 5.5 is overkill
>128gb base model
>are you blasting music on speakers like some nigger
>
>>
>>60583615
s8+ do it its only money you can make more
>>
>>60589211
Sorry that you phone can't measure up to one that's 2 years old and was only $400 new.

>>60589177
Thanks, that one seems to check all the boxes. Its going on my short list.
>>
I need your opinion /g/. Is the Galaxy S8 recommeded or is it a meme phone. Living in Japan and am going to switch feom AU to docomo
>>
>>60589802
Memephone
Since your in Japan, look into the Sharp Aquos R, the specs are fucking dynamite
>>
Is https://www.diymobilerepair.com fine for buying replacement parts? The charge port of my Nexus 6p died, and this page was one of the first results searching in google.
>>
>>60589906
How do you go from the original aquos to this?
>>
>>60589906
Thanks, I'll check to see if the Sharp R has english menus. Can any other anon confirm?
>>
>>60590007
I'm not seeing a problem
>>
>>60588283

The passport is a fine phone, and I will tell you know if you've never lived with another mobile OS there's little you'll miss.

I had a Z10 before getting a Priv, there's things BB10 just does better than Android and even though the Priv is a nicer piece of hardware I do miss BB10 (specially the battery, holy shit the Z10 didn't last a day)

If you can, I'd get the Passport and a $200~ish Android tablet. Best of both worlds
>>
>>60588283
I wouldn't get any BB OS phone. The system is not getting anymore updates, Android apps are starting to have more problems, etc. Personally I'm getting a Keyone in June. I refuse to go back to Samshit, on my 3rd LG bootloop, and I don't want a meme /g/ chinkphone.
>>
>>60590054
Wait, are you saying the Z10 had shottier battery life than the Price? Nah m8
>>60590077
Just get an Axon 7 and stfu
>>
>>60590077

I'm concerned the Keynote isn't a "true" BB phone though, even less so than the Priv was. I'm (>>60590054) of the idea that ignorance is bliss and if you don't have any apps in other OS' you can't live without a Passport fits the bill of "feature phone" of the Smartphone era.
>>
>>60589906
Thanks anon, i checked and that Sharp isn't going on sale until July. I don't think my ishit will last that long. Any other recommendations /g/?
>>
>>60590091

>Wait, are you saying the Z10 had shottier battery life than the Price?

Sorry, edited that post at least three times.

Yes, I had to carry a spare to make it through the day on my Z10. Battery Saver and updates have made it so my Priv can survive about 1 1/2 days of moderate use with Bluetooth on at least 12hr/day
>>
>>60588283
>>60590091
>>60590114

May be of interest to you folks: >>60580772
>>
>>60590132
Damn, was BBOS 10 that's bad or tiny battery? What caused such shit battery life?
>>
>>60590146
lel I was the last anon to post
>>
>>60590150

The Z10 battery was shit. BB10 wasn't inefficient per say (IIRC it was better than Android at the time, probably not so now. Like it or not, iPhone is king of OS battery-life-optimization)
>>
>>60590091
Where I live CDMA carriers offer vastly better service. All I see are issues or refusal to activate for Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular.
>>
>>60590174
Meh, my Blade V8 outlasts iPhones and it's battery is barely bigger than 3,000 mAh
>>60590180
move out of flyover territory, you're fucked when it comes to phones because
>CDMA
you can't even have chinkphones, only gookphones, so who's really cucked?
>>
>>60590205
I'm close enough to a decent sized city so 1Gbit connection is affordable, low cost of living, have excuse to travel, actually enjoy the peace of open country. Can't really give that up for maybe a slightly better shitposting machine that makes phone calls.
>>
just bought a zuk z2, what is the first thing I should do with it when it gets here? lineage os?
>>
>>60579591
Easy. Repack your bootloader and disable the dm-verity flag with various tools available on xda. Flash with fastboot (or download mode if bootloader is locked) the bootloader onto /boot and twrp onto /recovery, then flash magisk with twrp.
I have no idea if the s6 actually restricts these things, point is, dm-verity does basically nothing in preventing a rooted phone.

>>60577634
Here's how i use selinux enforcing with v4a (its not viper4arise though so ymmv)
Add this to a script that executes on boot (with root obviously), init.d, running it manually every reboot etc:
>supolicy --live "allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }"
The supolicy command is for magisksu, if you have supersu replace with setprop (they both use the same syntax). Restart viperfx if needed and it should work.
>>
My S6 Edge+ is on a bootloop right now

Doesn't respond to simulated battery disconnect

Recovery mode shows "installing update" then phone restarts

Only thing I can get into is custom OS install.

how fucked am I?
>>
>>60590562
Then don't complain about having nothing but gookphones, you made your bed now lay in it
>>
>>60590647
There's no way for a modern android phone to get hard bricked unless you were messing with the bootloader.
Google up how to boot into download mode and flashing your rom onto it using odin.
>>
My Nexus 5x just bootlooped and am having to use a backup phone for now. Am interested in both the Axon 7 and the Zenfone 3 Zoom. Which one would be better for me? Carrier is ATT
>>
>>60590816

I honestly wasn't messing with anything.

Phone was in fine working order when I went to bed, then I woke up to it bootlooping.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>60590837
And this is why I always get twrp on all my android phones asap.
Hope you got a backup man cause your only way of getting your data back is to either keep resetting your phone until it boots or open it up and read the memory directly.
Getting into custom install (fastboot/download mode) is enough for you to flash a new rom onto it using odin.
>>
>>60590832
What do you care about more in a phone? Screen? Camera? CPU? Battery?
>>
We're having such wonderful times that $100 phones can run Android perfectly smoothly. Is there any chance that, next to Pixel 2, Google would release super-cheap Pixel Lite or something?

It's fucking unbelievable that you have to spend $700 for a stock Android device. I miss Google-Motorola times when we had a fucking Moto E 2gen, which was super-smooth and cheap af.
>>
I usually don't stay updated on smartphones but I'm looking for a new one and I'm sick of the buggy mess I'm using now.
The two phones I've been looking at are OnePlus 3T and Huawei Honor 8
Are they decent and are there any other models I should consider in the same price range?
>>
>>60588930
>>60588984
>>60576194
There's literally no reason to get the lockscreen ad version from Amazon when you can get Best Buy to price match them and get the same price without ads.
>>
>>60583570

Redmi Note 3 maybe.
>>
Does anyone use a downloadable lockscreen that has a swipe any direction to unlock? I just switched phones and my stock one is driving me crazy.
>>
>>60588866
If the U11 had a metal back then maybe but the 10 is still one of the best phone you can get right now
>>
>>60591516
not anymore beside cm, you're not putting pin/fingerprint pass onto your phone wtf?

>>60591204
there's a rumor google will release 2 version of android o the one werks with 1gb of less ram and the other is bloated o, so there's a chance cheap stock android less than $100. maybe get something like xiaomeme? redmi4x cost like something $100 or last year model ?
>>
>>60591513
I don't think 5.5" can be considered small

>>60582503
Redmi 4 Pro or Mi5
>>
>>60591574
It's an HTC one m8, so no scanner and no reason to pin lock my phone. But are you saying it's an option on cm? Which I'm guessing is cyanogen mod? I haven't done that since my galaxyS and was pretty underwhelmed with it generally, although I could give it another go.
>>
>>60587999

>couple hoops to unlock the bootloader

What about the "unlock OEM bootloader" option in the settigs?
>>
I got my first chink phone today, a Xiaomi mi Note 4.
There isn't a google account option in "other accounts". I can add my google account as IMAP and read my mail but I need my contacts ect.
Did I screw up? I'm not signing up for a mi account and trying to use some other system when google works perfectly for my contacts.
>>
>>60591807
Forgot to include the exact model:
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_436902.html
>>
Apple > windows > blackberry > * > android

I can't stand android anymore, it's horrible
>>
>>60578700
>>60578795
wallpaper please?
>>
>>60591807
>>60591833
>Helio X20
You fucked up, that's the Mediatek version
>>
>>60591910
thanks for sharing your worthless opinion
>>
>>60591927

Mother fucker that's a wallpaper of a poster from Interstellar. Just look around for it. It isn't even mine, but I recognize that shit.
>>
File: 1491936780751.png (30KB, 650x650px)
1491936780751.png
30KB, 650x650px
>>60591974
>>
>>60591988

Since I told you what the image was from, now you tell me what phone he posted that image from.
>>
>>60592001
iphone 5s
>>
>>60592014

I have that faggot phone, he absolutely is not.
>>
>>60591807
>>60591833

find global rom for mediatek and flash it. wtf you should ask here first before buying, international version is always snapdragon one. But whatever you already buying it so reflash the rom into international/global rom.
>>
Sony Xpedia XZs or wait until the Xpedia XZ premium? Or go with a samsung s8? Need phone rather urgently
>>
File: 8 Ball.jpg (38KB, 640x640px)
8 Ball.jpg
38KB, 640x640px
>>60591947
>>60592053
Thanks guys. Yes I know now to check here first.
>>
>>60592143
Speaking of which is there a primer for idiots like me? There's so much data on the internet about smartphones it's like finding a needle in a haystack.
>>
File: Cholesterol.jpg (12KB, 421x261px)
Cholesterol.jpg
12KB, 421x261px
good free/piratable video app besides mx player?

had mx player pro before (pirated i believe, since its asking me to pay now after having phone wiped for repair) but now downloading pro is hit with a contacts check so thats not an option
>>
>>60584346
On of my favorite smartphones was the Moto G 1st gen. Very solid little phone and decent specifications for it's time, it was simple and just werked.
>>
>>60576093
>If you live in the US and your car isn't either a Ferrari or an optioned out Toyota Corolla, you are considered poor and people will wonder what's the matter with you.

FTFY
>>
Are there any inexpensive Android phones with _STEREO_ audio recording capability?
>>
>>60586395
Ofc I put it down or in my bag in between. I think nobody just uses his phone straight for 6 hours or so.
>>60586503
Just go to your battery/power settings, it should be somewhere there.
>>
>>60584871
It's similar to driving a Cayenne or a Land Cruser with rusty fenders.
> Eh, still work fine, who cares
>>
Hey /g/,

what is a good phone which is 4-5 inches big (the phone, not the screen itself) and has a good battery-life (at least around two days in longterm).
My purpose is to use it at work, so mostly it will be used for phoning, calendar, some browsing and messaging/email/notes/etc.
Thought about an iPhone SE, but all people advise me to not buy it. I thought about a Galaxy S7, Blackberry Keyone, LG G5 or something similar, but they're too big.
Are their phones with good batterylife and are (perfect) 4.5 inch big?
>>
File: animu.jpg (183KB, 650x444px)
animu.jpg
183KB, 650x444px
My sony xperia z3 is dying, I need a new phone :

-Main priority is audio quality from both wired headphones and Bluetooth ones as well.
-Prefer fingerprint scanner on back.
-Best camera available after audio quality
-No chink shit
-android
-No budget anything goes

Thanks.
>>
Worth copping a used note 5 for around 300 buckaroos?
>>
>>60592841
iPhone SE
>>
>>60592857
HTC U11
>>
My Redmi Note 3 is dying, and I don't want to bother repairing it.

I only really give a shit about two things:
- Durability
- Battery
What's the best I can get?
>>
>>60588926
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/25/15692044/essential-andy-rubin-new-android-smartphone-teaser-may-30

I'm hyped for this
>>
>>60588926
>>flip 360 camera

It's an accessory, it will have a propietary connector to plug meme modules like the lg g5 or moto z.
>>
File: connector.jpg (146KB, 1989x780px)
connector.jpg
146KB, 1989x780px
>>60593204
forgot pic
>>
>>60577616
What's so special about it?
>>
>>60578544
>>60578993
That was just G4 IIRC.
>>
>>60592857
>Main priority is audio quality
Is there anything available except the Axon 7?
>>
>>60593464
HTC 10, LG V20
>>
If you encrypt your android phone and it has an SD card would you have to enter a password everyone time you want to access files on the card?
>>
>>60593562
To expand I mean would you have to enter two passwords---one to unlock the phone then one more for any files on the card.
>>
>>60587102
3 lad, same here
>>
LG V20, LG G6, GALAXY S7 EDGE, OR GALAXY 8/EDGE

Which is worth getting?
>>
Is the Moto Z Play still worth it in 2017? I can get it for around $349
>>
>>60592989
I figured it would come down to this...
HTC 11 vs LG G6 (Korean version)

Which would would you go for any why ?
>>
>>60593591
You have one password for storage decryption and one pin for you sim card. At least its like that on marshmallow. You can access your SD card with your smartphone as long as it's inserted. If you remove it you can't do shit with it AFAIK.
>>
UK, budget isnt an issue i want to buy the phone itself of the flagships which one is considered top tier i will find myself glued to this phone as my new job means ill be on the move and people contacting me
>>
Can anyone recommend a good phone for north america at&t that has:

Removable battery
Custom ROM support
Released in 2016 or 2017¿
>>
>>60594199
Not unless you like Moto Mods
>>
>>60594161
OP3T
OP5
HTC 10
>>
>>60594367
>Removable battery
Dead meme
>>
>>60594367
LG V20 or LG G5, Moto G4 Play If you want something cheap
>>
>>60594414
Wow you're a faggot
>>
File: Russian Police.jpg (214KB, 1280x960px)
Russian Police.jpg
214KB, 1280x960px
got a new phone

does widgetlocker not exist anymore or something? whats a good lockscreen app?
>>
>>60594765
So you'd rather have a brick or a fragile piece of shit with sluggish software?
>>
>>60594816
No but he clearly didn't ask for any of those and you're still shilling these phones every day in spg. Your a fag
>>
>>60594161
G6 or V20, fuck samshit I'd rather risk bootloops than deal with that mess
>>
What would you guys want in a custom ROM?

I'm downloading the sources for Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow right now after two years of disappointing marshmallow flashes on my Samsung S3. I'm working on an excel "design sheet" right now to plan this shit properly but looking at other ROMS, I only see shit I don't want.

TL;DR
>How to not make XxX_ReSuReCtIoN_REMiX_ANTICHRIST_EDITION_xXx #4951?
>>
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahhahhaa

http://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3t_is_being_discontinued_soon_only_a_few_units_are_still_available_for_purchase-news-25236.php
>>
>>60595369
What a joke of a company
>>
>>60595383
Why is that a joke?
>>
>>60595461
>rediculous invite system
>shit customer support
>discontinuing models before the new one is released
>the "flagship killer" is inching closer and closer to flagship price territory
Seriously? How is that not a joke?
>>
>>60595493
>discontinuing models before the new one is released
Sounds like you just have no idea how business works son.
Shit isn't manufactured so you can have a nice toy or for some other feels based bullshit.
>>
>>60595527
Then why does Motorola do it? Why does Samsung and LG still sell their current models prior to release of their newer ones? Cancelling your current model prior to the release of the new model is fucking rediculous because you're shorting profits, that's fucking stupid
>>
>>60595493
>rediculous

What a joke of an education
>>
>>60595572
>assmad fangirl detected
>>
>>60595493
They stopped doing the invite system after OP2
>>
>>60595599
Oh, TWO generations later, still doesn't make up for the shit system being implemented in the first place
>>
>>60595567
Because OP isn't anywhere near the size of those companies. They probably stopped manufacturing the OP3T the moment they started manufacturing the OP5 to save costs
>>
>>60595567
>Two wrongs make a right
Stupid bloated corporations doing stupid bloated things sounds about normal.

Making more product that you can sell is retarded. You're literally going to end up throwing money into a dumpster to satisfy some bad customers.

The people who are going to buy your product year after year are going to buy it in the first 6 months, the rest don't matter, they're pleb trash who will trash their phone is 3 seconds then ask for a warranty replacement.
100% of people buying a phone 6 months after release after the type of people stated above.

100% guaranteed you've bricked more than a single phone by putting customs roms and bootloaders on it, then RMA'ed it.
serving those types of customers make little business sense.
>>
>>60595700
>100% guaranteed you've bricked more than a single phone by putting custom ROMs and bootloader's on it, then RMA'ed it.

lol at this projection, I have rooted and unlocked and installed phones before, never have I rma'ed a phone because I knew what the fuck I was doing, unlike OnePlus, selling older phones in limited supply and getting some market share belased of phones whose production costs have plummeted isn't bloated or stupid, it makes sense
>>
>>60578422
GPS not working has been a huge issue on the G5. That's what kept me away from it.
>>
>>60590907
Battery and screen are pretty important. Also longevity of the phone. I'd be hoping that the phone would laste at least 2 years
>>
>>60585216
Dude, calm down. Don't worry about the charging your phone before you use it bit. That's a relic of the past. Have a good weekend.
>>
>>60596015
I would go with the Axon 7 if those are you criteria
>>
>>60596136
Thanks. Also should the fact that everyone screen protector made for it doesn't fit concern me?
>>
Looking for a phone in the 100-200 range with the following criteria:
Battery>cpu>longevity>screen
>>
former neet here never needed a phone until the need for one now is a monthly plan basically renting a phone ? or once the contracts up you can terminate it and keep the phone or is it better to buy a phone then get a monthly plan for a sim
>>
>>60596539
Redmi Note 4 Global
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-s7.jpg (1MB, 2040x1273px)
samsung-galaxy-s7.jpg
1MB, 2040x1273px
so, i just recently got an s7 to replace my stolen note 3. here are some first impressions in case anyone gives a shit:

pros
>the performance is on point, no lag (has nougat)
>camera is fucking awesome, though the auto mode doesn't really exploit it in low light. manual mode is decent
>screen looks extremely nice
>battery management, lasted me the first day (testing the camera and downloading all my stuff) on 60%

cons
>coming from a note, the screen feels small (especially when considering the resolution, i feel like i have to shove it to my face to appreciate it)
>glass isn't easy to hold on to. basically it slips like gerrard on an ELP final, i don't think i'll use it without a case which sucks on quality build like this

>tl;dr
great phone, i only wish the back were metal instead of glass
>>
I need help choosing my first phone.

Please no bully, I'm not much of a phone dude, but I was able to find a new exploit to bypass frp locks on the s7 so I'm very versatile with options and I intend on learning about thor.

I have about a hundred bucks to put down on some of the lower generations like the s5 maybe since I have no credit profile.

Any general directions for me?
>>
>>60592219
VLC is bretty good nowadays
>>
>>60594367
>>60594524
Moto G5/G5 Plus as well
>>
>>60597106
Moto G5 is not sold in US, G5 Plus has a non-removable battery
>>
>>60597152
Welp, my bad. Thought both models had removable batteries.
>>
File: Das - (33).jpg (16KB, 360x450px)
Das - (33).jpg
16KB, 360x450px
Just bought a V20 from my T-Mobile. Got it up and running, disabled and uninstalled bloat. What would you say some are some things I should do for this phone? Also, anyone with this phone, have you had any issues?

Overall the phone feels amazing and has a beautiful screen.
>>
>>60596360
No, cause I have the Blade V8 Pro and it's got the dumb 2.5D screen also and the screen protectors don't fit right, but they work like a champ and I've already chipped/cracked mine
>>
Woke up to dead LG G3
Bought 64gb/4gb Moto G5 Plus
Feels pretty good man
>>
>>60597961
moto g5 plus is pretty when on benchmarks
>>
>>60577616
The one thing I hate about the fingerprint scanner on my S8+ is that it's right next to the camera. Kudos to apple for not fucking that up
>>
>>60590016
Got sharp aquos mini sh-m03, released in japan only but it's sim free, it got japanese and english.
>>
someone told me to stay away from Samsung phones, why?
>>
Is it healthy to always charge my phone with the turbo charger (12V)?
>>
>>60598316
they cost like 2-3x more than their equivalent chinese counterpart
>>
All this advanced photo/video technology... but only mono recording capability?

How sad.
>>
>>60578700
Is that 2 clocks I see?
>>
I'm sick and tired of my iPhone 5, I've been checking shit around lately and really dig the P10 lite from what I can see. Should I go for it if I mainly want to play games on it while listening to some of the boring college classes?
Because the iphone battery is vomit inducing
>>
help, dallas tx, AT&T probably upgrade my shitty iphone 6 plus. want an android. i like the S8 just wanna see if theres anything else /spg/ would recommend
>>
anyone have one of these? thoughts?
>>
what are some /spg/ approved emulators for android?

MyBoy, Drastic, etc... any more?
>>
File: 1495685601141.jpg (66KB, 500x509px)
1495685601141.jpg
66KB, 500x509px
>>60586819

should i get a 5x or risk getting chink'd and repair my 6
>>
>>60598661
>shitty plastic phone from a literally who manufacturer with cloudmeme technology that isnt futureproof that relies on proprietary software and has no development support
>>
>>60598492
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/huawei-p10-lite,umi-z

why pay more for less?
>>
I got a Sony Xperia XA for $160. Worth it?
>>
>>60598709
so there's no way to disable all the cloud garbage and just use it as a regular phone? It's got some nice specs for a $150 phone and i don't plan on beating the shit out of it.
>>
>>60598386
Yes because the turbo chargers adjust voltage to help maintain battery life
>>
>>60598743
No, return it
>>
>>60598740
Fuck me this looks very good for my needs
>>
>>60598774
Yes, just install LineageOS or some other custom ROM
>>
>>60598865
just beware that the custom ROM scene for the umi z is pretty much non existent, i don't know about the p10
>>
>>60598836
Why?
>>
More of a tablet question here. Is the Huawei Mediapad M3 worth it?
>>
What chink phone is most similar to the S8?
>>
>>60599208
Mi Mix or Mi Note 2
>>
>>60598774
if you want the specs for the price, just buy a fucking Zuk Z2
>>
>>60599208
Mi Mix
>>
NEW

>>60599518

>>60599518

>>60599518

>>60599518
>>
>>60598937
I've heard nothing but complaints from owners, and thanks to the Mediatek SoC, don't expect any 3rd party ROMs or LineageOS support
>>
>>60596859
buy a skin
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.