[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 43

File: e0006909_11054432.jpg (56KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
e0006909_11054432.jpg
56KB, 400x568px
is there a single cable/adapter that does both mini-hdmi to hdmi and mini-dp to hdmi?
>>
>>60346859
You mean a cable that does both or individual cables one for each of the purposes you mentioned?
>>
>>60347177
Nevermind. Got stuff mixed up, thought they had the same connector like minidp and thunderbolt :)
>>
>>60346859
So apparently my custom CSS just stopped blocking these ads at the bottom. Anyone have one that works?
>>
anybody ever encounter something like typing too many capital letters in a short amount of time crashing a computer?
running gentoo on a thinkpad
if i type around 10 or so capitalized letters within like 5 seconds (with either shift or caps lock) anywhere, the laptop just powers off. it doesn't freeze or anything, just a power off.
>>
File: 385272052_783.jpg (19KB, 463x430px) Image search: [Google]
385272052_783.jpg
19KB, 463x430px
I need a cable that is similar to pic related which is called a UC-E6, I need that smaller male end to come with an auxiliary cables for headset and microphone. I'm trying to replace my Steel-series Arctis 3, but their bullshit proprietary stuff prevents me from getting another one.
>>
>>60347654
If anyone is able to help i'm willing to pay, Im not sure if its allowed but if you put your PayPal ill gladly send you money or ill buy you a game off of Steam or something.
>>
>>60347654
their website says those use regular 3.5mm analog plugs
what's the usb cable for?

oh wait, is the cable detachable from the headset itself, and uses a usb plug?
if that's the case, either get an official replacement, or if it's really a usb one, then you could get a long usb cable, cut it, and solder on two 3.5mm plugs (usb2 is 4 wires, which is enough for stereo speakers plus a mono mic)
>>
>>60347832
(ps. don't plug it in to an actual usb host, you'll just burn something)
>>
>>60347832
I need the proprietary cable to use the surround-sound feature. The cable is detachable from the headset. It goes from Headset -> double male ended proprietary cable -> proprietary male end to audio cable.
>>
I'm creating a winform app with c# in visual studio with buttons that lead to separate forms, but the issue with this is that opening and closing forms has a visible effect and processing time. What I want is to have a button press pretty much refresh the form instead of open and close, but I can't figure out how to simply do this. Any google or youtube guide I watch for a gui keeps all the components in a single form, so there's no help there. Here's the code I'm working with:
private void pageTwoButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
menuP2_Form menuPage2 = new menuP2_Form();
menuPage2.Show();
this.Hide();
}
>>
File: a.jpg (185KB, 1610x1207px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
185KB, 1610x1207px
>>60347949
from the looks of it, it only plugs into the computer via analog 3.5mm jacks, which means;
a. the 7.1 channel feature is purely software
b. there's no way for the software to know you're using that particular headset

so making a substitute cable shouldn't affect the ability to use the 7.1 channel feature
>>
Have you guys ever had problems with loading a folder that has thousands of files in it, on an extHD or an SD card?

Sometimes the folder doesn't load saying "empty folder" and if I try again it'll work after 20 minutes.
>>
>>60347986
this.Refresh();

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.control.refresh
>>
File: 1361414696508.png (635KB, 773x661px) Image search: [Google]
1361414696508.png
635KB, 773x661px
At work when I'm in the vcenter dashboard and a VM is under heavy load sometimes the CPU usage goes up to 5-6 GHz how is this calculated when I know the max frequency of the CPUs on the host is no more than 3 GHz?
>>
>>60348084
some CPUs overclock themselves (see intel turbo boost), the less cores are used the higher they go.
>>
>>60348041
So your saying that I can use an ordinary audio cable and not the stupid proprietary cable and still get surround sound
>>
>>60348067
thanks
>>
>>60348135
yes. there's two ways to do virtual surround, either by doing it in the headphones itself, which would mean a digital (usually usb) connection to the computer, where the headphones appear as a (surround) soundcard
and software, where the sound is processed on the computer, and sent to the soundcard as plain stereo audio
since this uses an analog stereo connector, it can only possibly be the latter, and there's no way for the software to know what kind of speakers are plugged in, since it's just an analog output, there's no feedback to the soundcard besides some resistance, which all headphones do (you could in theory identify headphones based on this resistance, but afaik soundcards and their drivers don't do this, which they would need to do for the steelseries surround software to know what the resistance is)
>>
>>60348065
you need to read a lot of information to display the contents of a folder with thousands of files in it, especially when filesizes, modification times, and thumbnails are included
>>
>>60346859
i have 1.8TB of datas, all perfectly organized in folders but i have to find a clean way to back everything up on DVD-DL. Most of them are videos and pictures from DSLRs so i'm transcoding everything in a lower but acceptable bitrate to save on GBs but i need a software to organize everything in different disks, given that i need a lot of them (like 50 or more), something that will divide the folder structure between 8.5GB sectors and will automatically print an index.

The answer is: what software?
>>
>>60348243
Thank you, I am inarticulate when it comes to audio technology and stuff.
>>
>>60348393
the question is*
>>
Is it normal that my Raspberry Pi 1 (the first one that came out) can't handle SNES emulation on RetroPie properly? I tried three games: Donkey Kong 1 and 2 ran fine but the music stuttered like crazy, and Mario Kart was laggy as shit, not to mention the incredibly stuttery music.
One would think games this old could run on a goddamn toaster, is it really possible that my old ass Raspi can't handle them? I tried the three different SNES emulators RetroPie comes with.
>>
best DE
>>
File: ELdnQ3o.png (968KB, 1277x1281px) Image search: [Google]
ELdnQ3o.png
968KB, 1277x1281px
>>60348948
>>
>>60346859
Using 4chanX how do I filter out threads by the image used? Someone told me "the md5hash" but that's literally all he said. Please give me a step by step.
>>
>>60347558
Ctrl+shift+c or f12 to bring up inspector.
Find the name of the element.
display: none !important
It is that easy.
>>
>>60349176
the md5sum
>>
>>60347643
If it shuts down instantly, it is probably a hardware issue.
Take it apart, clean it, put it back together and see if it still does it.
If it does, replace the keyboard.
If it still happens, replace motherboard.
>>
File: 0566815445.jpg (704KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
0566815445.jpg
704KB, 1536x2048px
I'm suspecting my ISP is cheating me.
I'm connected to my ISP through PPPOE broadband, and I'm suspecting that he might have given the login user name and password, for others to use.
Is that possible?
Could two different people connect at the same time using the same credentials?
>>
>>60349200
I already have the following rule:

mg.bottomad,
div#absbot,
/*.center,*/
form#delform > div.center > div,
form#delform > div.center,
body > div.center,
body > div#content > div.center,
div.center.middlead,
strong,
img#toggleMsgBtn,
img.middlead,
.adg-rects,
#bd > div:nth-child(7),
#bd > div:nth-child(3),
/*span.postertrip,*/ /*remove comment syntax to hide tripcodes*/
.click-me{
display:none!important;
}

The element in question appears to be, as best as I can tell adg-rects, so it should already be hidden by the above rule.
>>
Does WSUS offline install all the available updates including the telemetry ones?
And is there a way to uncheck those updates from installing in the first place? I can't find any options for it
>>
anyone have any recommendations on a third party file explorer I can install and replace the basic Windows 10 one?
Preferably one where I can install skins to use on it.
Just sick of FE's look and want something a bit sleeker, while being customizable in a few ways
>>
HorribleSubs is now offering .torrent links in addition to magnet links, is there any advantage to using those over magnet links? If I use the magnet link will I just as easily be able to seed to the people who don't?
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-12+at+02.32.41).png (2KB, 105x104px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-12+at+02.32.41).png
2KB, 105x104px
How does a V9 have this much kbps?
>>
>>60350147
As far as I can tell, the only difference is that a magnet link is, well, a link, while .torrent is a file you open with your torrent client. It doesn't affect who you can seed to or anything like that.
>>
File: interrogation.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
interrogation.png
28KB, 186x208px
Does Ryzen have decent Linux compatibility yet?
>>
I'm trying to get japanese language input working on Manjaro, and I'm totally at my wits end.
I installed fcitx with mozc like the instructions say, and I get the menu which lets me switch language input. But Japanese still won't type.
Any tips?

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>60350317
As long as you have a new-ish kernel.
>>
If you have in house servers and want to register a domain to point to say, a web server you're hosting, why would you have your ISP make an A record when you can go through something like GoDaddy? I'm trying to make sense of each step of the process of getting a domain but hosting your stuff in house
>>
>>60350472
Do you have static IP?
>>
File: android-wallpaper5_2560x1600_1.jpg (16KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
android-wallpaper5_2560x1600_1.jpg
16KB, 800x799px
I just install c64 emulator to android. Besides playing old games what can i do with it?(like writing program)
>>
>>60350032
not sure about wsus, but you can check/uncheck updates in "windows update mini-tool". It also supports "offline mode".
>>
Should I study CS when I don't want anything to do with software engineering? Working with other people on a group project is literally hell and it becomes worse when these people are devs who are even worse than your average human.
What other career paths are there that dont involve SE?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
Where do I buy slot covers?
>>
File: 4dSv0jH.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4dSv0jH.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>60346859
im currently rolling with a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITORITU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for my main monitor(1080) and my 2nd monitor is just some old 720 lg from years ago. any recommendations for a new monitor? i have a 970 card, should i go for a main monitor with 1440p? ultrawide? wat do
>>
What's the difference between a .jpg and a .jpeg?
>>
>>60350709
You could always try to get into research, but I'm pretty sure that would involve teamwork as well.
>>
How do I send files/folders from one ubuntu to another on the same network? I know host names of both of my machines, but I don't know what IPs they have and besides my two machines, there are several more cells on the network
>>
File: msinfo32_2017-05-12_20-53-43.png (5KB, 256x133px) Image search: [Google]
msinfo32_2017-05-12_20-53-43.png
5KB, 256x133px
What's the difference between total physical memory and available physical memory?

I'm running a 64-bit OS with x64 based processor. Pic related.
>>
>>60350973
scp
If you know the host name of a machine in the local network, you can connect to it with <name>.local.
>>
>>60350602
I will yeah
>>
>>60351108
Well... presumably DNS is part of the service your buying, so you won't need to purchase it from elsewhere? Also, i've heard bad things about godaddy, so I'd recommend avoiding them.
>>
>>60351053
>could not resolve hostname s-o-n: name or service not known lost connection

i've typed:

scp temp/file.txt myname@s-o-c:/home/myname
>>
>>60351325
Add .local to the end, idiot.
>>
>>60351348
>ssh: connect to host s-o-n.local port 22: Connection refused lost connection
I'm retarded :(
>>
How do i convert from .mp4 to .mov on ffmpeg?
>>
>>60347558
Why did my adblocker all of a sudden fail to block these?
And how can I re-enable it to do so?
>>
>>60351408
You need to have SSH server installed on whatever machine you're trying to connect to. Also make sure the firewall allows traffic to port 22.
>>
>>60351446
You need to remove acceptable ads filter list.
>>
File: 1491628076307.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491628076307.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
How do I download a video from youtube that's longer than 4 hours?

The typical shitty freeware software I use is too bitch to do it and most of the webclient based downloaders are very limited in acceptable length of time.
>>
>>60351530
use youtube-dl if you're familiar with the command line
>>
>>60351459
thank you! I've done it. this is really neat
>>
>>60351410
ffmpeg -i your.mp4 -c copy your.mov
>>
>>60351478
I see. So that's why nothing I did ever worked.
So those were just recently added to the acceptable list?

Still though. I kind of wish there was an option to remove them for just this site.
>>
>>60351553
>youtube-dl
Thanks, papi!
>>
>>60351530
check if this web client works:
mp3fiber com
(it's says mp3 but it's also for video)
>>
File: 245564_o01_front_white_c27f591.jpg (107KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
245564_o01_front_white_c27f591.jpg
107KB, 800x800px
Are these curved monitors worth the money?
>>
>>60351611
>http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/curved-tvs-the-pros-and-cons
>>
>>60351571
no problem homie
>>
>>60351569
Thanks, bro!
And how about MPEG-1 and MPEG-2?
>>
>>60351648
This is more for TV's, does it still apply to computer monitors?
>>
File: 53863A_AMD_E_Blk_RGB.png (9KB, 821x197px) Image search: [Google]
53863A_AMD_E_Blk_RGB.png
9KB, 821x197px
Is the "AMD processors overheat too often" a meme? I live in a place where temperature easily reaches 104 F and it's a real issue.
>>
>>60351185
I just get confused when people say to have your ISP make a record in their DNS pointing your domain to your public ip. What I understand is you go through a domain registrar to get your domain, but how do you get that domain name to point to your IP?
>>
>>60351702
The only difference would be that computer monitors may have higher Hz and the pros and cons of curved tv's are not driven by speed.
>>
>>60351573
Much obliged.
>>
which iso mounter is /g/ certified? or are they all more or less the same?
>>
>>60351771
yw
>>
>>60351732
yeah i bought a amd and even w/ watercooling it overheat's daily please just but intel senpai
>>
>>60351794
Alcohol, Daemon tools or Microsoft Virtual CDRom Control Panel
>>
>>60351753
That's the a-record. Your domain name and the associated IP(s) are added to the DNS server, and then they propagate to other DNS servers from there.

>>60351732
Depends on which CPUs you're talking about. At the moment, Ryzen runs pretty cool and it's Intel's Kaby Lake that tends to run hot(so much so that Intel is actually telling people to not overclock their 7700k's). Older AMD CPUs(especially the FX9000-series) do tend to run pretty hot.
>>
>>60351858
Ohhhh okay. So instead of paying someone like GoDaddy to provide DNS services (ie pointing your domain to your IP) you can just have your ISP do it for free and it will replicate to all other DNS servers and then everyone else will be able to access the web site? Is the only set back the fact that you don't have much control over DNS since it's your ISP's?
>>
How can I make my Nexus 5x bootloop? Tired of the shitty battery
>>
I have a desire to play Demon's Souls, but I don't have a TV anymore, so I was going to hook my PS3 to my 2560x1440 monitor. Is it better to set the console to 720P or 1080P?

As far as I'm aware most of the games all run at sub 720P resolution anyways, but I was thinking it might introduce less lag to have a resolution that divides evenly into 1440 rather than having the console scale to 1080 and the monitor scaling at 1.333... though I'm not sure what would provide better quality. I can't notice a difference but now I'm curious if one would be objectively better.
>>
>>60351939
>So instead of paying someone like GoDaddy to provide DNS services (ie pointing your domain to your IP) you can just have your ISP do it for free and it will replicate to all other DNS servers and then everyone else will be able to access the web site?
That's the idea, assuming your ISP offers a domain name(or domain names) as a part of the contract.

>Is the only set back the fact that you don't have much control over DNS since it's your ISP's?
You'll need to check the ToS about how much control you'll have. If you have a shitty DNS registrar, you might end up with even less (or NO!) control over the domain name - for instance, it might turn out that the domain name is registered for the registrar, and not for yourself, or the registrar will make changing registrars needlessly difficult(as godaddy is known for doing). So it pays to do your research.
>>
Is Freesync mandatory for a good gaymen experience?

Getting 1050ti and RX 560 coming by the end of the week, wondering if I should cancel the order and wait^tm
>>
so I got a second fan for my aircooler the only header nearby on the motherboard is for a water cooling pump. its fine to plug the fan in there right?

its seems to be working but even with the same settings in BIOS for speeds @ various temps the second cooler runs about 75% faster than the first cooler

whats up with that?
>>
I made an arduino usb HID circuit but it is intermittent despite soldered contacts everywhere. what would cause this regular error?

Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
Communication Succesful
>>
>>60350842
Newegg or Amazon. I don't know where you live, but places like Frys Electronics will have them too.
>>
>>60350976
I think that means that running the OS and default/background system stuff is taking up 3.7ish gb
>>
is it ok if i use a 6pin to 8 pin adapter for a gpu? i dont have an 8 pin cable because i bought secondhand and it has 2 8to6 cables in it already, so it would be an 8 to 6 to 6 to 8, is that fine?

it sounds retarded, but the adapter cable is only like 3 dollars so id be saving like 10 bucks over buying a pcie8 pin cable
>>
>>60352307
youll be fine as long as you have thge amps you need on your psus 12V
>>
How do I block the stupid clickbait banners on 4chan without blocking the board ads that are shown up top?

The ads used to be loaded from a different domain so I could use Privacy Badger to block them from loading, but now they load inline from /g/
>>
How does memory management work? I've had some basics in colleague, but the question that bothers me is: if I open two instances of the same program, is their executable code shared in memory? Do all Linux, Windows and macOS handle it the same?
>>
>>60352468
>if I open two instances of the same program, is their executable code shared in memory?
No. The OS manages memory per process.

>Do all Linux, Windows and macOS handle it the same?
No.
>>
File: doggo.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.webm
1MB, 640x640px
What would cause a system to lose power and shut off during gaming?

I built a system a while ago with a fanless PSU, and it should in theory be able to power my system fine but its borderline. It's been fine for over a year, but for the last week it just shuts itself off after gaming for a few minutes. It's also pretty much always had a problem with freezing when idling ever since I changed the RAM.
>>
>>60352504
Your PSU isn't powerful enough to power all of your components at high load.
Or you're overheating.

Do a stress test and monitor temps.
>>
>>60352497
>The OS manages memory per process
That's just so sad. We should fix that.

I'll work on the logo.
>>
>>60352356
i think it might actually be an 8 pin to 2x 6 pin split cable, think i should just get the 8pin pcie cable to run alongside it? the gpu needs a 6pin and an 8 pin, and if its a split cable running a 6pin and an 8pin off of 1 8pin it would be a problem, right?
>>
new to linux. How should I partition my ssd? all I'm running is linux
>>
>>60352581

If I understood correctly, your PSU provides two cables for PCI-E. Each of them has 8 pins to be plugged into the PSU, and the other part of the cable provides 2 connections in 6+2 configurations?

If that's correct, you can use only one cable. For 8 pin connection on the card, use 6+2 connection, and for 6 pin on the card use only 6 pin (and leave additional 2 pins on the cable unconnected).
>>
>>60352627
Generally having one partition for root and one for /home is considered a good idea so you don't have to mess around with your personal files when changing or upgrading the distro, but unless you're distrohopping, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>60352664
the psu is pcie8 pin, and currently, the used rig is running a gpu with 2 6pins, im going to have to look again, but its ether running 2 8to6pin cables, or 1 8to dual 6 pins cable. if it is running an 8 to dual 6 pins cable, i wouldnt be able to use an adapter on one of the 6 pins, because it would draw too much from the psu, right? if its running 2 8to6 pin cables, separately, i should be fine with an adapter though, right?

i dont even know where the guy found 8 to 6 pin cables, ebay seems to have no idea.
>>
>>60352627
512MB /boot ext2
20-30GB / ext4
rest /home ext4

locate your browsers' caches and mount tmpfs for those directories so browser caches won't rape your SSD.

example:
mount tmpfs -t tmpfs -o size=1G /home/anon/cache/mozilla/firefox/blablabla.default/cache2/
>>
>>60352747
Another anon here.

Is the /home not dependent on distro in any way? Can I just swap the distro and leave /home as it was?
>>
>>60352819
/home only has(or at least, only SHOULD have), your personal files and settings. So yes, it's pretty much independent of the distro you use.
>>
>>60352795
>locate your browsers' caches and mount tmpfs for those directories so browser caches won't rape your SSD.

If you have a modern SSD, endurance is pretty much non-issue.
>>
File: frenchies.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
frenchies.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>60346859
how can I find a persons email address? I did a basic forgot password on social media to get parts of it but most of it is censored. how would I bypass this and figure out the hidden letters?
>>
File: completely unappealing.jpg (375KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
completely unappealing.jpg
375KB, 1024x1024px
>>60352547
Temps are fine. Also I stress tested it by running BFBC2 at 4K for hours on an idle server and it was totally fine. I have one of those wall meter things and it draws more power doing that than anything else, so what the fuck is wrong with it? Like sometimes its fine other times it just dies instantly. Like I just loaded up GTA 5 a few minutes ago and it died as soon as it finished loading.

Why would it work for so long then die all of a sudden though? Is there any chance it could be the GPU somehow?
>>
File: 14846629888632.jpg (32KB, 504x627px) Image search: [Google]
14846629888632.jpg
32KB, 504x627px
>>60350899
pls respond
>>
How is it possible for a branch fall behind itself after rebasing, which causes conflicts with edits I did before?

>Starting from branch A
>Creating a new branch B and checkout
>Working on branch B, commiting and pushing stuff
>Someone pushes something to branch A that I need
>Rebase onto A
>Working some more on branch B
>git push

Now my local branch B is behind the remote branch B
>git pull
(Stupid) Merge conflicts where code I wrote before rebasing conflicts with itself.
>>
>>60348909
Anyone?
>>
File: c.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
What is that little plate that cones with the screws
>>
>>60346859
Is regular gnome 3 100% fsf approved free software?
>>
Should I buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 for $575 or the LG G6 for $500?
>>
>>60353572
>samshit vs. life's gay

surely you have better choices, right?
>>
>>60352795
>>60352747
that's anons
>>
>>60353701
thanks
>>
>>60353603
Maybe. I am on Tmobile prepaid and need something I know is compatible with their wifi calling since I live in a dead zone
>>
>>60347643
>crashing a computer
>running gentoo on a thinkpad
What did you expect? get in there and fix it, this is what you signed up for.
>>
Hello, my phone is acting up. How do i remove the virus pionotha.info.
>>
How would you know if your motherboard is faulty? For whatever reason windows won't boot no matter what i do. I inclined to think it is most likely the motherboard but i'm not sure.
I installed windows 10/7 on a few disks, none of them boot. Windows 10 just bluescreens whilst windows 7 will freeze when starting windows.
>>
File: raven.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
How can I learn networking without going to school?

I've been watching a lot of videos on networking and reading a textbook on it but it feels like it's such a broad subject and I feel like if I had some hands on experience then I'd learn it better but I have no idea where to even start

help
>>
/o/ fag here, could someone give me an "how internet works for dummies" explanation and maybe some interesting facts that are obvius but must people ignore.
>>
How do I install Debian without grub?
>>
is there an application that i can use to quickly see what is installed on one drive and move it to another? i want to format a drive but i'm not sure what is installed on it.
>>
Anyone ever heard of the brand Micron? Microcenter by me has Bulk OEM Micron M510 m.2 SSDs. $40 for a 128GB model. I was going to take that and a $15 m.2 to USB 3.0 enclosure and make myself a higher speed portable storage. Worth it?
>>
>>60354637
What is it you're trying to learn exactly? Most of what people usually want to know can be learned rather easily with hands on.
>>
>>60355154
do expert install and select "continue without installing a boot loader"
>>
>>60355622
End-goal is pentesting
>>
I was just on a super long webpage with chromium and something I did let the middle click go insanely fast, almost like it was scrolling by a percentage of the site not by the relation of where the cursor is from the scroll. How the fuck do you do that? Using chromium on gentoo if that matters.
>>
What are some good free video editors out there?

I just downloaded pic related and i'm not going to fall for adobe's jew plans
>>
>>60355771
Well if course you should know the basics of networking. TCP/IP stuff. Difference between LAN and WAN.

Then there is ports and what they do. Which ports are the ones most used and die what service? I.e. ssh defaulting to Port 22. Then there are several port scanning tools. They allow you to see which are open, which are listening. Exactly how far are you looking to Pen test?
>>
Is the installgentoo wiki down? I'm not able to access it at all.
>>
>>60355981
>Exactly how far are you looking to Pen test?
I'm not sure. Some anon posted awhile ago about how he became a certified pentester and gets paid to pentest and the way he described it all seemed interesting. Plus those wargames sites look like something fun to participate in

The thing is, I've watched like hours and hours and hours of all these networking videos and read like half of a textbook on networking and I'm understanding all of the concepts and everything but for actually applying what I'm learning, i have no idea how to go about that.

I feel like i need to actually implement or practice what I'm learning somehow instead of memorizing port numbers or protocols and information
>>
>>60353019
help
>>
I need the loudest chink speaker I can get. It doesn't even have to be an actual product, even the speaker unit is fine. Quality is of no concern, I just need to be able to blast some shit as loud as possible for a little something.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-12-20-22-08.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-12-20-22-08.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>60356172
You would be correct in your thinking. Hands on and trying shit is always better than just reading.

https://www.hackthissite.org/pages/index/index.php

This site has tutorials, articles, and "missions" of varying difficulties and skill requirements. Sometimes as simple as a hosted website that they own being purposely flawed in some way shape or form for the purpose of being exploited. Up to you to find out how. If you're going for pen testing, its also useful to know a little of various languages. Namely Python, C++, and Java. Last is an app I saw in the /cyb/ thread that is sometimes on /g/. Called cybrary. Pic related.
>>
>>60356456
Thanks anon
>>
>>60350976
Total physical memory is how much RAM is installed(12gb). Total available physical memory is how much is not being used. Each thing running, including windows, uses memory. So Total available physical memory is the total physical memory, minus what is in use.
>>
>>60355903
Help
>>
Any recommendations for an anonymous proxy service in the USA?

I'm hoping to pay no more than $5 per month. Do you know of any good ones that are cheaper than that?
>>
>>60352504
>>60353124
I'm going to say its an issue with the RAM. Either the motherboard can't handle it properly, its clocked wrong, or has bad blocks\sectors\whatever.

GTA most likely uses more RAM vs BFBC2, so that would go with the theory.

You can download occt and run a cpu\ram stress test.
>>
>>60357076
If you're going to pay money go the extra mile and get a VPN. Much more useful.
>>
File: 716mtvKpKrL.jpg (236KB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
716mtvKpKrL.jpg
236KB, 1885x1060px
>>60353461
Think this is what it is, pulled off amazon customer images
>>
>>60353461
sli bridge
>>
>>60357290
>If you're going to pay money go the extra mile and get a VPN. Much more useful.

Will do. I welcome any recommendations for VPN as well.
>>
>>60351611
No. Really shitty viewing angles. It's like trying to see dolby audio waves.
>>
>>60357389
https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
>>
>>60355359
>see what is installed on one drive
Assuming you run windows, no. At least, not that I know of. Generally, everything windows installs to the C: drive automatically.

You can use other tools to determine what files are on that drive. TreeSize, Spacemonger, windirstat.
>>
>>60346859
My disk drive no longer works and after restart the wifi doesnt connect. In the device manager it says my network drivers config is incomplete or damaged is my laptop fucked, g?
>>
>>60357353
>SLI Bridge with PSU

Have you ever seen this before? No reason for this to come with the PSU. Motherboard, yes. Not PSU.
>>
>>60355903
CLI ffmpeg with concat protocol
>>
>>60357499
Probably not, I'm assuming you mean CD drive. Those are super cheap and generally universal(except for the cover which can be swapped).

Remove the device from device manager. DO NOT check box to remove drivers. Reboot and let windows try to reinstall the device. Reconnect to wifi.
>>
Why do fidget spinners have 4 ball bearings? I don't see how the three bearings on the arms add anything to it.
>>
>>60357593
Multiple spin points. Not everybody wants to spin it from the center.
>>
>>60357593
Only hipsters spin from the middle
>>
Is it safe to oc ram without voltage increase?

I have a gigashite z170xp-sli with some v.skill V 2400mhz ram. As far as I can tell its more or less the same shit as the 3200mhz version just lower clock and voltage. I know I sound retarded saying this but I can't figure out how to increase ram voltage on this mobo, it just skips over the setting now matter what combination of other settings. Regardless, at 2800mhz it still boots at 1.2v. It's been stable for a few days on so I suppose I can be okay with this, but is it safe?
>>
how cheap can I go for an fpga?
>>
>>60357593
think back to when these things were starting off, 3d printed they were a cheap part, you needed one and you can't just buy one, so why not get 4 and use them as the weights. It worked out pretty well obviously since even manufacturers kept copying the design. Obviously multiple spin points add to the design as well
>>
>>60357722
You can go sub $1 pricing, it really depends what you want to do. Are you looking for the chips themselves for a board or are you looking for a development board? The latter can cost quite a bit more but it really depends what you want to do. It's not like you need something complex to say, drive a vga signal but with cheap ones you might have to be a bit creative.
>>
>>60357776
Dev board
>>
>>60346859
I'm having some unexpected shutdowns on my ASUS laptop running WIN 8.1, also the power button frequently fails to start the computer.

my gut feeling is that the laptop is failing to sense when it's open/closed correctly.

if so, is there any way I can jury rig a temporary solution ?
>>
>>60357811
honestly go with a Lattice icestick and icestorm. At $20 it's pretty reasonable, you can go cheaper with some chink ones i'm sure but with icestorm you've got the source with plenty of documentation
>>
>>60357975
Thanks
Also, where can I get some info on working with xilinx and altera?
>>
Assuming I was a /v/irgin manchild with only a slightly above average (retard) understanding of computers, how would /g/ recommend I start being less garbage? In this hypothetical situation I have no idea where to even begin being less shit, there's too much to handle.
>>
What's a good non intrusive music player for Android?
>>
can mpv do audio only?
>>
>>60358661
yes
>>
So I have good reason to believe my computer has a rootkit and worm on it which infects other storage devices which connects to it. How do I back up important documents from it without infecting anything else before I DBAN it?
>>
Any renamer software that renames files using the Unix Timestamp of the time that they were created or modified, like 4chan does to uploaded files?
>>
is there a way I can get openbox to accept W-d for the toggle desktop keybind in rc.xml without removing the xfce-popup-whiskermenu shortcut I have set to both windows/super keys in the keyboard application shortcuts? They aren't working together
>>
>>60359033
No.
Why do you think it would work?
>>
>>60359058
I figured it could differentiate between the win key and the win + d. Don't quite understand how it's supposed to be obvious that it can't be done
>>
After I installed debian (with grub installed in that drive) and I go into bios to choose that drive to boot, it just stays on a black screen with a flashing underscore. Does boot order matter if i'm manually choosing it in bios?
>>
My power just went out and I'm already feeling the anxiety building, I have literally nothing else in my life but my computer
>>
File: Microsd card.jpg (82KB, 1068x386px) Image search: [Google]
Microsd card.jpg
82KB, 1068x386px
Did some work with some rom over at XDA today, and it did this to my micro sd card, any help on merging all of these and completely formatting it?
>>
>>60346859
>Went to gelbooru
>They now have an anti-adblock in place
>Fucking mad because the site was already infested with ads including popup ads
>Find out there's the "anti-adblock killer"
>Go to the github
>Searched 4chins archive(s) to make sure it's legit because obviously 4chins is the most trusted site
>Found the instructions
>Subscribed to the filter list
>Clicked on the second link that said "reeksite"
>Takes me to a literal ad page and nothing else
>Apparently it was abandoned a while ago and the domain was grabbed by ad squatters
So is this shit even legit anymore? I'm already pretty paranoid just from seeing one of those ads with dialogue boxes

Also second question
Why can't I get to the installgentoo wiki? Googling shit I'm going to download makes me uneasy unless I get the direct link.
>>
>>60359770
gparted from linux
delete them all, or the ones you don't want
>>
>>60359808
ublock origins and tick the 3rd party anti ad block killer
>>
Do software companies actually prosecute for using student products commercially or are they just trying to scare you
My dad's using this CAD program for his business but it's the student version and says not for commercial use
>>
>>60349372
Depends how the ISPs network is set up. Where I live the ISPs that ise PPPoE identify you by the physical cable you're attached to, you can put literally anything as the username/password and it'll work.
>>
>>60359770
Oh god, I accidentally forgot a 0 when making a Winrar archive, ended up with literally a million files that were 40MB a piece, took so long to delete them all because my PC at the time was slow as fuck
>>
>>60360015
Yes, although normally they just start out by demanding you pay up the normal price + back fees if applicable. Solidworks is the worst
>>
>>60359770
Bring up admin command prompt

diskpart
list disk
sel dis n n being the number of your SD card in the list
clean
create partition primary
assign letter=d
exit

Then format.
>>
File: IMG_20170510_030218.jpg (477KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170510_030218.jpg
477KB, 1632x1224px
What's going on with my copper block here? Coolant is just distilled water with Mayhems Extreme Biocide (copper sulphate)
>>
>>60359964
Thanks I've just been using just adblock plus and noscript up until now
>>
I saw an image here once showing a secure universal password algorithm that is easy to remember. Anyone have anything like that?
>>
>>60360201
welll for starters waters and computers dont mix
>>
File: 20170328_001100.jpg (712KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_001100.jpg
712KB, 1200x900px
>>60360201
Brand new for reference.
>>
>>60360201
Oxidation. https://www.ekwb.com/blog/does-copper-oxidation-have-any-impact-on-cooling-performance/

It's just what happens with bare copper blocks.
>>
>>60358812
linux live cd.
>>
>>60357698
Yes.
>>
>>60358504
First step: get out of this site. That's the best thing you can do to yourself.

>>60358877
pls help
>>
What is the best video editor on android and what is the best picture editor?
>>
How do get your personal information off the internet? I don't have a social media account or anything but I found myself on a people searcher site and it had my name, address, and mother. I'm really bothered that it somehow linked my mother with me since I don't include her in anything that I make public
>>
>>60360597
Aren't things like birth records public in the US?
>>
>>60358504
Learn computer architecture, you could read a textbook on it if you wanted to.
If that's too much for you you could read about circuitry/logic gates and digital circuits.
>>
File: 1493792908177.jpg (81KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1493792908177.jpg
81KB, 480x454px
is it possible to log what the fuck is happening to my windows?

it crashed twice already
>>
How do I move over 1 TB of data from my home computer to an offsite VPS? My upload speeds are slow and I also have a monthly 1TB data cap.
>>
File: file.png (107KB, 512x388px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
107KB, 512x388px
pls help I can't read moonrunes
I can't get it installed
>autisticpepe.jpg
>>
>>60360894

wooa they use unity3d? never knew nips are capable of 3d
>>
>>60360838
Event viewer, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
Does anyone know the cheapest way to get my own domain name and hosting? Don't need anything fancy as the site will attract very minimal traffic.

Need everything to be for 48 months/2 years.

What I'm after is also a template sort of service, I have the layout down but want a drag and drop upload an image sort of deal without the stupid "This site is powered by ____" or anything so it looks legit like it's mine.

Happy to sign up with referral codes if someone can send me a good deal.
>>
Is there any site that generate a TOTTALY random IPV4 IP, check if there is a site with that ip and then, if true, enter this site?
PS:Assuming the ip is not a site, it would try again to generate some valid site, until it generate a valid one.
>>
>>60353562
yes
>>
>>60360894
error 1308. source file blahblah wasn't found.

reinstall that shit, and get appLocale
>>
What is the functional difference between a program like outlook/Thunderbird and web clients for email?
Is there a reason I should be using a designated program?
Thank you in advance.
>>
https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader
how do i compile this
>>
>>60361069
Some uses are having all your mail accounts in one program, not using a stupid "web app", having all your mail saved locally, different choices for how to thread conversations and other features. But really the average non-autist with 1-2 email accounts will be fine with webmail.
>>
i went out for a bit, and i left my computer on
usually when i come back it's simply locked, and logging back in takes only a few seconds and all the programs i had running were still up
but just now, i came back and it acted as if the computer restarted. although it didn't, because it's still pestering me to restart for updates i don't care about.
what happened, and why?
>>
>>60361578
Are you using Windows 10? It restarts and does shit whenever it feels like it.
>>
>see the pop up for a windows update on my win10 laptop (i know)
>think nothing of it, click remind me later
>see the update again, say fuck it i dont care
>go take a shower
>upon returning see that my computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop
>fuck.jpg
>try booting into safe mode
>still tries to repair drives
>try system restore from backup
>computer unable to rollback
>try system reset, it cant reset itself

What the fuck is this? Is this the ransomware at work or some random hardware issue? I've been able to log into my computer once since this started and i saw that all of my files were still accessible albeit the computer was only running on one core. I tried getting my stuff out but literally was not able to.

I've been trying to run disk checks from the command prompt accessible from the advanced startup menu (only accessible feature i have right now) but it takes so fucking long

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this? Could this be the russians fucking me in the ass?
>>
>>60361615
Use a livecd to copy your files to removable storage. And reinstall, or just install ubuntu.
>>
>>60361686
I am literally not able to reinstall my computer since i cant boot into anything other than my faulty hard drive
I tried installing a new copy of win10 from the command prompt but my computer does not recognize my usb for some reason either so reinstalling is not an option.

Should i just format everything? I'm afraid ubuntu is also not an option for me, the softwares im using require me to use this shit
>>
>>60346859
I'm trying to install pkgsrc on OpenWRT but when I try to run pkgsrc/bootstrap I get an error stating "groups not found in path." Anyone know how to fix this/?
>>
>>60361737
Have you changed the boot order is BIOS to allow usb booting? (Like by mashing Esc, Del, or F2 while turning on)
>>
>>60361838
fn+f2, yes i have

if im out of options like this, is formatting the OS drive an option? I dont think i've ever done something this drastic
>>
>>60361613
yeah. it's a shame. thanks for answering.
>>
How many maximum active torrents and active downloads should I set qbittorrent to? Is there any downside to having it be some huge number?
>>
what's the best free, /g/ approved antivirus besides Common Sense 2017â„¢
>>
Why doesn't twitter allow embedding tweets based on hashtag without creating a widget?

twitter.com/settings/widgets/new/search
publish.twitter.com
>>
>>60362016
CS2017 is the only /g/ approved antivirus, the rest are equally shit.
>>
Is 1.335v a safe temps for 24/7 OC on a 6600k ?
>>
>>60346859

Can the Dell Latitude e6430 have 16 GB of RAM? I saw one at a refurbished laptop store, but looking at the spec sheet on Dell's website, it says it only supports a max of 8 GB of RAM.
>>
>>60362044
Sorry I like getting drunk and viewing tasteful anime nudes on questionable websites and like to have a shred of extra protection from virtual STDs

Nice dubs tho
>>
>>60362260
Do it in a VM, if you fuck up, just restore a snapshot
>>
>>60361547
Oh that makes sense. Local storage doesn't actually change the amount of storage allowed per email account itself though, right?
>>
>>60362298
Correct.
>>
>>60362412
Thanks for the help. I think I'll try it for myself.
>>
I got a web app passed down to me. It requires apache/nginx (I used nginx), mysql, and some php plugins, it uses the symfony framework. However, when I set it all up, the main site (app.php) redirects me to /login, but there is no login site at all. Do I need to use .htaccess with nginx to somehow finalize configuring it? I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Help.
>>
I'm asking too confirm that this update was the correct updates to patch this new ransomware?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009969/windows-8-1-windows-server-2012-r2-update-kb4012213

Thanks
>>
Does the pci pass through need me to have 2 different video cards?
>>
anyone got that express card slot linux pass through guide?
>>
>>60362880
You don't necessarily need two cards but you do need two GPUs, an iGPU and dPGU or two dGPUs will work.
>>
>>60362016
mbam
kaspersky
>>
>>60362941
What I mean, is that I saw a video claiming that if you have two video cards that are the same model that it's an issue.

>>60362930
Also this
>>
File: Bam Margera.jpg (83KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
Bam Margera.jpg
83KB, 435x580px
>>60362953

>m'bam
>>
how do i get my python script to create 5-10 instances of itself every 30 minutes?
>>
>>60361874
please respond im fucked
>>
I haven't updated Windows since 2015. One of the files it needs is corrupted and the only way to fix it is to reinstall.
Should I even bother or can I just leave it off?
>>
So is it true that the amd 1800x can easily crush/compete with the 6900k?
>>
>>60362721
pls help
>>
>>60362577
check the differences between pop3 and imap and figure what you want
>>
>>60362260
sandboxie is lightweight as fuck, use that and fuck AV
>>
>>60363413
Cool, I was gonna ask if Sandboxie was lightweight since I use a shit laptop.
Thanks.
>>
What can I do to preserve the battery of my new laptop and prevent it losing capacity? Is it worth forcing it to stop charging at 85% in the BIOS settings, or should I just leave it on the "adaptive" setting? It's a dell if it matters.
>>
Why is SQL used so much?
Is it just relative ease of use or does its use go beyond just simply creating data structures and manipulating data?
I'm trying to get a feel for the language but it just feels like you could do all this in literally any other language.
>>
is it dangerous to keep phone on cahrge forever

i have an old ugly s4 laying around and i want use it as a indoor cctv camera by this app called "at home" which streams live video on other phone and both phones doesn't have to be on same ip address. but the thing is this app is a battery drainer as the camera is on and its connected to wifi all the time. it goes 100 to 0 in 1 hr and I'm tired of plugging and unplugging the charger all the time cuz im scared of damaging the phone or just phone blowing up. but i heard that the lion batterys doesnt take extra charge or some shit.
>>
>>60363645
>you could do all this in literally any other language
Yes. Using SQL.
>>
>>60363645
The language is built around that specific purpose. It is efficient and offers stuff like transactions and checks for integrity.

Sometimes you'll see people using python to cross data, and it's reason to put your hands up to your head
>>
>>60363667
if you're going to repurpose it as an always-active device, then i would take the battery out, and power it with a 3.7v regulator hooked up to the battery terminals (basically looks like an always-full battery)
>>
>>60363861
any tutorial?
>>
File: Capture.png (35KB, 893x378px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35KB, 893x378px
The fuck is going on here? Why do I have this giant spike? The test will be going smoothly, and all of a sudden it will freeze, but when it resumes it'll jump ahead to what it would have been if the freeze hadn't happened in the first place.
>>
File: screenshot-excel-large1.png (76KB, 762x539px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-excel-large1.png
76KB, 762x539px
Does anyone please know how to change the look of Office 2016 to something that is "Windows 7"? (It's really ironic, because at my work, I've got Windows 10 and Office looks 7. At home, I've got 7 and Office looks 10.)
>>
File: a.png (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
22KB, 640x480px
>>60363888
>>
Why it's so bad to partition a SSD? Maybe I should put 80 GB for windows 10 and the rest GB for the rest. What if windows breaks andi have to reinstall? I have to reformat all.
>>
>>60363962
thanks anon. looks too complicated tho.

what if i remove the battery and keep charging it forever?
>>
Exactly how hard is it to move a modem to another room?
>>
>>60364070
i doubt it'll boot up with only the charger and no battery installed
>>
>>60364028
SSDs have limited writes, partitioning them further restricts it. You're not going to run into issues for years though, and by then you'll have upgraded hardware. It's like not wearing sunscreen but spending all your time outside, but in this instance you get a new skin every few years.
>>
>>60364076
bruhhh ill first boot the phone and remove the batter
>>
>>60364093
try it, but i don't think it'll stay on
>>
>>60364076
>>60364103
Why wouldn't it? I've done this with at least four or five phones.
>>
>>60364103
aight, im testing it right now
>>
>>60363109
Use a scheduler. Your OS should have one preinstalled.

>>60363284
Yes.

>>60364028
Traditional partitioning was designed for HDDs and their rotational read patterns in mind. It doesn't speed up SSDs at all, just makes them wear out faster.

>>60364118
Some phones use the battery as voltage regulator and aren't designed to run without it.
>>
>>60363667
No. The phone won't charge the battery if it's charged, and the battery's not going to do anything but what it's supposed to while it's charged.

>>60364199
>Some phones use the battery as voltage regulator and aren't designed to run without it.
If it's capable of running without a battery and can't, it's shit.
>>
time for a really stupid question but cut me some slack, i'm using 768p cancer laptop display for many years
so, on 1080p resolution with 23.8 inches can you see the pixels? will fonts be bad?
second question: on 1440p resolution and '25 inches will everything look very small?

please someone who is using both types of monitor reply to me
>>
>>60364251
>1080p resolution with 23.8 inches can you see the pixels?
i use that, yes, pixels are easily visible
>>
>>60364272
so you will not recommend me to buy such monitor in the year of 2017, right?
>>
going to buy a (SSD) Samsung 850 EVO, 2.5", 250GB, SATA III. What should I put on it, except windows 10?
>>
>>60364293
eh, it's good enough
>>
>>60364318
thank you for the reply but you're confusing me
>>
Trying to record an rpgmaker game using OBS, but when using windows capture, a 720p "radius" around the actual window feed is recorded in the output alongside it.

How can I avoid this?
>>
i just used dpi calculator and it says my 15.6 768p display has 100dpi and 23.8 1080 display has 93dpi which is even worse than my shitty laptop screen. how is it possible? should i not even consider 1080p monitor?
>>
is it dangerous to use an old/outdated linux distro?
>>
File: wannacry.png (133KB, 1182x893px) Image search: [Google]
wannacry.png
133KB, 1182x893px
>>60346859
I have a question regarding Wannacry and a virtual lab I run in VMWare 11.

I run two Win 7s, a Server 08 R2, and Server 12 R2 virtual machines. I use them for testing things including firewall tests but don't keep their Windows update going.

A few questions:
- Are they at risk of being infected? I've read of a kill-switch that the infector worm uses that engages when it detects that its in a sandbox environment.
- If they are infected and it sticks, will it spread through the virtual subnet? I have multiple networks within my lab.
- If infected, could I roll back to an earlier snapshot and cure the infection?
- Finally, if infected, could it escape the virtual lab and encrypt my host machine?

>install Gentoo
Is Alpine good enough?
>>
How retarded is it to have an animated wallpaper on Windows?
>>
>>60364483
Just as retarded as it is on any other OS.
>>
>>60364498
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>60364499
It's retarded.
>>
>>60362721
>>60363314
Guys please, this is important
Google doesn't help
>>
>>60364522
i don't think nginx uses .htaccess files
>>
>>60364519
But it's cute.
>>
>>60364483
uses a lot of resources for something you never see anyway
i haven't changed my wallpaper in 5 years
>>
>>60364457
>how is it possible?
Math.
>should i not even consider 1080p monitor?
It depends. I'm content with my 1680x1050 20" monitor, what you're content with will vary.
>>
File: 1494620193923.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494620193923.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
How do I learn how to linux and how to be a cyber security guys /g/?
>>
>>60346859
Is there a clean way to make daemons like tor or the isc-dhcp-server NOT start at boot?
>>
>>60364777
1. Get loonix
2. Read books/wikipedia
3. Don't use the word cyber unironically
>>
>>60364777
Install gentoo
>>
So according to Intel my cpu has tJUNCTION max of 100C, my cpu is going to around 80-85 under load, is it acceptable?
or will it fry things in my laptop when it's around 85
>>
File: 1490508253683.jpg (462KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1490508253683.jpg
462KB, 1536x2048px
What is this I keep hearing about legacy capture? How do I into it?

I'm sick of these store fronts.
>>
>>60364942
>Go to top or bottom of page
>Click settings
>Search for the Legacy Captcha option
>Click it
>Save settings
>write down comfy street names when shitposting

only works if you press the post numbers to reply, not when you press the [Post a Reply] button at the top or bottom of the page
>>
>>60365020
>not when you press the [Post a Reply] button at the top or bottom of the page

work for me
>>
What version of linux should I install if I've only ever used windows?
>>
>>60364075
Anyone?
>>
>>60365071
unplug it, move it to another room, and plug it back in
>>
what's the current go-to resources for doing an amd hackintosh?
haven't touched osx since 10.6 and i want to have a look at it again
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 248x203px
Should I switch from truecrypt 7.1a to VeraCrypt?
No sensitive data or cp. Just regular porn to hide from wife.
>>
>>60364926
please respond
>>
>>60365109
There's definitely more wires than just the power cord though. Including one that goes into the wall, iirc. I just moved here, so I don't know all the details
>>
>>60365143
do you think she'll be able to get past either

veracrypt is the recommended and not deprecated one but it probably doesn't matter in the end
>>
>>60365056
Where?
>>
Why does everyone say to install Gentoo? Is this a meme or a good distro?
>>
>>60365178
you just need power and whatever your modem uses for communication
for example, if it's an ADSL modem, it needs to be close enough to a phone port to be plugged into (you could run an extension, but it's best to keep phone cables as short as you can, better of using a long ethernet cable instead)
>>
>>60365069
Ubuntu but try not to stick with it, it's interface is stupidly simple and you should use something a bit more advanced that invites you to tinkle.
>>
>>60365213
Its a great distro. Its an easy to use Linux alternative to Windows. People coming from Windows will have an easy time making the transition.
>>
Is MPC-HC still the standard video player on /g/?
>>
is it possible to "negate" two audio files if they're not bit-perfect?

if they were lossless and identically mixed i could do "invert" and "mix and render" in audacity but that's not an option here

couldn't a sufficiently advanced editor do it by comparing the spectograms or something?
>>
>>60365190
thx
>>
File: speccy.png (39KB, 803x622px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
39KB, 803x622px
I want to do the following, but am too retarded to figure out how:
>add ssd storage/RAM
Is this as easy as just plugging these into the motherboard?
>decide other small additions/upgrades
I think my cpu is running hot. Possible to add an aftermarket heatsink after the fact?
Do any upgrades look warranted?
>setup dualboot windows/leenoox because I hate using windows 10 for my internet machine
is there a /g/ approved guide for this? I need handholding because I'm stupid
>>
>>60365218
I have cable internet, so I assume that means that the modem is hooked up to the cable box, or is hooked up to whatever the cable box is hooked up to. So moving the modem is easy, but what about keeping it connected? Do I have to drill another hole, or is it possible to move the thing it's connected to?:
>>
>>60365479
i'm not familiar with cable, what does the 'cable box' do?
>>
Why does my computer switch itself on? It won't do it for a year, then it will do it every single night multiple times if I don't flip the physical switch. I used to have a monitor that would switch itself back on every few hours without fail, too, and required the kettle lead disconnected to prevent it.
>>
>>60365711
poltergeists
>>
How fast do bad sectors spread? I have 2 bad sectors on my 560gb HDD. It's 8-years-old and I have nothing but games there so I don't mind it dying and I have nothing to back up. I just want to know how long until I have to order a new HDD?
>>
>>60365770

That's the same response I got when I asked this about 5 years ago.
>>
I'm trying to undervolt as much as possible to get the best possible temps. I'm sort of scared I end up undervolting too much to the point where I can't boot the BIOS anymore.

Would something like this be a good alternative?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-
Is using a program to set things like the vcore a good idea? I heard that thing only changes the vcore once the PC has booted up successfully, which means I don't have to fear not being able to enter the BIOS no matter what I set it to.
>>
>>60365937

You can just remove the CMOS battery to clear all changes.
>>
new thread >>60366017
new thread >>60366017
new thread >>60366017
>>
>>60365987
Yeah but I kind of would rather avoid having to do this. Kinda afraid something goes wrong.
>>
>>60365194
>tomorrow
muh nigga
>>
>>60365521
Hooks into the TV to give it cable television, and things like dvr. I talked to the previous owners, so now I know where everything is. There's a splicer, so the cord that runs outside gets split, with one end going into the box and the other end going to the modem. Same cord gives both TV and Internet, whodathunk.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.