[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 43

Post your simple or stupid questions here.
>>
I have a fucking huge movie collection, like 7k plus. I'm talking physical media. So I need to somehow sort and track this fucking mess. I've used pre baked catalog apps like Collectorz and Movie Pro and while they both would be ok for a normal person my autism makes these things useless. As of right now i'm using notepad and paper to deal with this fucking crippling mental disorder. So I had my inlaws over and one one suggested to use excel and they set one up for me real fast with few movies to show me whats up. Now that file got deleted somehow. So I try start for myself but it's not working the way I think spread sheets should work. So first column I want a movie name. Second column platform, I then want to be able to sort by name or by platform but the columns don't lock to one another, how the hell do I make this work the way I want too
>>
I put a GPU into my PC and it wouldn't display anything from either the GPU or the mobo. So I took it out and it still won't display anything. Everything turns on though. Even the GPU was on when it was in there.

Now I took everything out except for the mobo and the CPU and I'm still not getting anything. What the fuck else is there to check? I just got this thing the other day.
>>
Is there any software for my phone that will count how many notifications I get in a certain period of time? Like "you got this many messages from software X and this many from software Y in a week"
>>
>>60256505
Have you considered deleting everything and finally being free?
>>
>>60256861
>Deleting

It's physical media, unless you mean the catalog data and all that does is lead to many many duplicates since I buy these up at estate sales
>>
Is this site a scam? https://lorettiwatches.com/collections/free-watches

They're saying you pay only gor shipping. Do I have to exoect that they steal my credit card data?
>>
I took my computer for repairs a few days ago and I'm not 100% sure the people in there are above installing a keylogger in my PC.
Is there a reliable way to find out?
>>
>>60256324
Best 2.4 GHz WiFi antenna for a reasonable price?
>>
>>60256874
What would be the equivalent of Visual Studio on Linux, while being able to test for windows on the fly? Talking about proper editor, debugger, compiler, and being able to debug for windows, probably via VM, any ideas how to pull this off? I hate being on windows, but i have to develop for it because all the normies are on it.
>>
File: starcraft-source-code.jpg (186KB, 698x878px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft-source-code.jpg
186KB, 698x878px
Say I found this disc and decided to upload it. How would I do that and remain completely anonymous? I'm sure you could just start a thread on /v/ linking to how to get and that would be enough exposure for it to spread. But what about the actual uploading process?
>>
File: 1.png (5KB, 309x71px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
5KB, 309x71px
I am pretty sure I am just so fucking stupid.
All I want is to make the WHERE clause dynamic with the ID.

Every time a user clicks a button, a variable adds by one, by which I will put as the ID I am looking for, therefore adding the result of the query to the string that is already shown.

However I cannot for the life of me, fucking get this right, as I cannot declare the variable or it will always stay with said value it will be declared, or it just doesn't recognize it outside of my function.
>>
>>60257205
freenet
>>
>>60257119
Depends on the situation, there are many variants and different choices for optimal situations, elaborate.
>>
Why don't YouTube videos from Safari play at the background anymore with my iPhone? Is there a workaround?

This used to be one of the best features but it seems that Google doesn't want us to enjoy things anymore.
>>
Should I get a 500gb 850 evo or a 512gb Intel 600p m.2? They're within $10 of each other
>>
>>60257243
You need to have something to this affect:

"SELECT colname FROM table WHERE id = $someId"

Don't forget to htmlencode chars so no sql injection attacks.
>>
How do I save with 4chanX?
>>
Is there a way I can listen to Digitally Imported without having to use fucking Flash?
>>
>>60257108
Close EVERYTHING on your PC. While it's running, do a MITM ARP sniffing attack on the computer. Look at the packets, determine the hosts and ports. Anything Microsoft related you can toss out. Everything else, look into with a scrupulous eye.
>>
>>60257836
I meant sage
>>
>>60257843
Actually, on second thought, do some typing and stuff in a word document. It can be incoherent garble.

Keyloggers vary a lot in how they send data, it could just send it every 1000 words or it could send it every 5 minutes or whatever.
>>
I've built a gaming PC and I want to play games on it using my Linux laptop. Something like virtualbox except it connects to a real PC over a wired connection and has very low latency. Is there anything that can offer this?
>>
I know how to successfully edit a text file in vim, search for words and move around fairly quickly. I stumbled upon "Vim Master" apk on the google market. It teaches whole lot of commands that I never thought I'd need. Is it worth learning?
>>
>>60257821
But where do I make the variable?
I want the ID to be numbers so I gotta tive it a 1, but if I so that it will always be 1
>>
>>60256324
there is a large unformatted space on my hard drive and when I right click there is no option to create simple volume...or any other option for that matter

all the options are gray and unclickable

it's a large part of my drive and I could use the space
>>
>>60257205
boot up tails on bare metal, on a laptop in a public place's wifi
upload it to some file hosting site, then mention it to several places while on the same system/connection

it probably won't stay up on the file host for too long, but it just needs to be long enough for several people to get it for it to be passed around
>>
>Flash Moto G
>But wifi doesn't work after
>Follow guides to fix it
>Cant complete any because i cant mount /persist

Where one usually goes when it comes to phones to ask questions?
XDA?
>>
How can i get graphical applications to autostart on boot without a desktop environment? Ive been using crontab's @reboot option this whole time, but apparently it doesnt work with graphical applications.
>>
File: 2017-05-07_04-09-51.png (662KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-07_04-09-51.png
662KB, 1920x1080px
>>60256505
Maybe GCstar would tickle your autism itch? You can add a whole bunch of info to each movie you own and sort by whatever you have entered. Media type, format, region, actors, custom tags, etc etc. Has thumbnail mode, text and expanded text modes.

I know it tickled my list making autism for the stuff I own, I hope it can help yours.
>>
File: combo.png (279KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
combo.png
279KB, 500x709px
is this a reliable NAS solution?
>>
>>60256587
>Now I took everything out except for the mobo and the CPU and I'm still not getting anything.
you need ram too for it to POST

>>60256747
it would be android only, because ios doesnt let apps communicate between themselves

>>60257027
add it to your cart and see how much the shipping is. those things are usually a 3$ product they slap on an extra 30$ in shipping for

>>60257108
a good start if youre on windows 8/10 is "resetting" your pc, using the reset tool in the start menu. it uninstalls EVERYTHING installed. if its win8/10 then this will fix it, as the RATs in the wild dont run on 8/10. if its 7 just wipe and reinstall.

>>60257195
for what language is the question?

>>60257615
negative ghost rider. you cant start yt page or app from the action bar anymore. im getting sick of needint to leave my phone unlocked with youtube open to listen to a song at gym.

>>60257666
sata, m2 still has issues with a lot of motherboards

>>60257836
sage goes in all fields.

>>60257888
how about you play games on the machine you built to play games...?

>>60257955
https://vim-adventures.com/

>>60258075
what os etc

>>60258109
reddit. dont let the memes get to you. theres smart duded there.

>>60258240
how do you expect it to start if theres no DE for anything dependent on the DE to hook into...?

>>60258530
a chink board is not a raid controller or a replacement for one. if youre going to do this, do it right.
>>
>>60258599
>a chink board is not a raid controller or a replacement for one. if youre going to do this, do it right.
That's a SATA multiplier, my mobo doesn't have integrated support for multiplying SATA ports and USB3.0 also sucks on this mobo. This combo would cost me less than 150USD shipping included, a proper NAS on the other hand costs almost double that price. What would you recommend in this price range?
>>
>>60258240
>>60258599
im using pure i3 ;_;
>>
What does the # 0001 mean after a profile name in discord?

For example.

blahblah
# 0101
>>
>>60258630
>his combo would cost me less than 150USD shipping included
Does that include HDDs? Because..thats really good. I use AUD so to me that soinds like a deal.
>>
>>60258662
name + number makes it unique, so multiple people can have the same name with a different id.
>>
>>60258680
So you can have two different usernames with the same # ?

For example.

bob

# 101

and

james

??
>>
>>60258695
of course. the idea is you can be bob, and i can be bob, and you might be 101 and i might be 102
>>
>>60258695
no, but there's probably more bobs around, so they all have a different ID that makes their account findable.

Let's say you have a friend called Bob and want to add him as friend, how would you know which bob he is when there's a few hundred Bobs around?
He'll give you his ID 1234 and then you can find him as Bob#1234.
>>
I have a spreadsheet saved as a HTML document. It is displayed in an iframe on a page. The longer strings of text in the spreadsheet get squashed onto 2 lines when displayed inside the iframe. What can I do to force each column to display full contents over a single line?
>>
File: 3456.png (2KB, 240x43px) Image search: [Google]
3456.png
2KB, 240x43px
Any idea how to remove this ~ key language bullshit from Windows 10?

I added Japanese so I can type in the kanas but now I can't remove it and it's stopping me from using my ~ key.

I removed it from language settings but it's still fucking enabled.
>>
>>60258785
add
white-space: nowrap;

to your table cells.
>>
>>60258807
Think I fix'd it.

Rebinded the ` key for language switch,

control panel>clock, language and region>language>advanced settings
"Change language bar hot keys>change key sequence>switch input language>NOT ASSIGNED
"
>>
>>60258665
No, I wish. I already have 4 HDDs to use with.
It's an enclosure, originally made for rack setups but it also works with normal PCs since it uses SATA connectors (there're 4 of them on the back).
It comes with PSU so it doesn't drain the PC's PSU capacity and the price is affordable to me. I've seen other NAS solutions like Mediasonic ProBox with eSATA but they cost a lot to import to Europe from the US and I cannot even use the eSATA port since my mobo lacks support for multiplying SATA ports.
This NAS has USB3 too but since my mobo isn't reliable I never use USB ports unless absolutely necessary. Still, you should check how much the shipping costs for you from the US, maybe it's less expensive.
>>
File: Little Fuck.png (65KB, 181x172px) Image search: [Google]
Little Fuck.png
65KB, 181x172px
>>60256324
i have a sager laptop with an i7 4710mq (4th gen haswell, 2014, 47w tdp) that recently has become a bit out a housefire. it used to run fairly cool and only kicked on the full speed fans under super heavy load, and even then only if its sustained for 10s of minutes and just watching youtube or playing a game would make it hover around 50-60c. but now it will hit 70-80c just watching a 1080p twitch stream or similar phone tier task. according the spec sheet its max allowable temp is 100c and it never sees more than 80c under load anyway but getting that damn hot just from watching a streaming video is obviously not right. any suggestions?
>>
>>60258860
>my mobo lacks support for multiplying SATA ports
wat? i thought that was like built into the protocol like usb wasnt it?
>>
>>60258843
aha thanks!
>>
>>60258908
open it and blow the dust out.

>>60258860
mate you realise the point of a nas is to be separate to any machine? to stand up by itself, and be accessible over the network?
>>
>>60258943
out of the fan/heat exchanger? should i redo the grease while im there? i think i still have some artic silver lying around.
>>
My stupid retarded downie underaged question: is it possible installing a trojan, virus, keylogger, whatever you call it, into another far remote PC from yours by simply connecting both in the same IRC webpage, or 1 connected by webchat and the other one connected via client program?
>>
>>60258963
only if youre actually taking the cooler off the cpu. otherwise itll still be good.

>>60258968
yes it is possible to infect something via a webpage; an xss attack where you inject the keylogger thats hosted elsewhere into the actual page so they download it when the page loads. it also sounds you dont have a clue how to do this.
>>
I'm planning on replacing a motherboard soon, how would I clean off the thermal paste on the cooler?
Do I just take some nail-cleaner (Isopropyl alcohol) or does it have to be something special?
Everyone sells Isopropyl as nail cleaner, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>60258983

OK,

1) how do I detect it if it was already installed
2) How do I prevent further infections like the described?
>>
>>60258983
i will probably have to because the heatink is a small chunk of copper that heatpipes to a radiator that you cant really get at without air without taking it out.
>>
>>60258926
Cheap Asus mobos from 3 years ago like mine don't come with that feature, unluckily.

>>60258943
I don't really care how I access the files, I need a reliable enclosure with a reliable transfer method for 4x4TB HDDs and this is the only thing I could find. Of course, if I could I'd be using that ProBox with eSATA or USB3 connection but my mobo won't allow me, I'm currently using 2 of those HDD in 2 external 1-bay enclosures connected through USB2 and 3 but they sometimes lose connection to the mobo (I tested thoroughly all ports and with other devices of course, the verdict was that the mobo is actually defective on all USB ports), I don't want to risk bricking 4 HDDs at once using the USB ports, and eSATA isn't an option due to lack of support for multiplying SATA (required by ProBox NAS).
>>
>>60259018
Isopropyl will work. Doesn't really matter what it is, just needs to be a solvent that won't damage metal.
>>
>>60259018
a wet cloth.

>>60259020
if youre really worried then wipe and reinstall. what on earth has gotten you so spooked?

>>60259037
fairo.

>>60259038
okely dokely, so we can save more money by not looking at a nas. how about a usb type C hdd dock? thats what i use, since the throughput on usb c is more than sata 3
>>
I have the following VLAN and port isolation settings on an Asus RT-N56U with Padavan firmware.

How would I use these same settings on a WRT1900AC flashed with dd-wrt? I don't understand the dd-wrt VLAN settings.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-07+at+07.05.13).png (32KB, 734x378px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-07+at+07.05.13).png
32KB, 734x378px
>>60259119
Whoops wrong pic
>>
>>60258599
> for what language is the question?

C and/or C++
>>
>>60259064

wipe and reinstall is the only thing that I can do? could the firmware be vulnered too?
>>
>>60259155
why are you so spooked dude? i am 99% sure you have no keylogger installed as it is now, let alone some APT type shit in your fucking firmware.
>>
>>60259141
you could always try Visual Studio Code Editor

otherwise eclipse and codeblocks look nice
>>
>>60259185
vs code is just an editor
>>
>>60259193
You can debug right from within it, so I wouldn't say it's "just" an editor.
>>
>>60259169

I think I already have it, since some people guessed the webpages I was visiting at that moment (it happened yesterday)
>>
>>60259245
lolwhat

anyway if youre really worried, DBAN and reinstall. i also think its more likely youre a predictable human being and let slip some info they read to work you.
>>
File: 1493221804659.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493221804659.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
why is everyone giving me shit for being an ASP.NET / C# web developer ? Why are people shitting on Visual Studio ? What about Azure? How come I've been developing for close to 3 years without any major problems with these yet most people think I'm a retard?
>>
>>60259216
You failed me, /sqt/.
>>
>>60259274
cause its an "easy" target because hurr microshit

a dev is a dev is a dev no matter the language. unless its bullshit node.js shit then youre just shit.
>>
>>60259289
sorry i forgot to reply to you. did you look into code::blocks? gcc compiler in built.
>>
>>60259307
isn't code:;blocks slow cancerous piece of shit? That was my opinion on it, though I tried that years ago and that was on windows.

The other problem now is to test on windows on the fly, i can have a VM running, no problem, but to debug with breakpoints and all that shit, damn.
>>
how do I further secure my ubuntu server?

already disabled root ssh login, installed fail2ban and configured iptables.
>>
>>60259299
Yeah. I worked on a PHP project for 3 months. I basically picked up the syntax in a day then worked with PHP no problem for that duration.
>>
>I think I've been attacked via xss, how do I detect a possible new shit installed in my PC

>why so spooky you don't have nothing it's ridiculous

/g/ full summary
>>
If I disable all the breaker in my apartment, then does that remove all possible danger when changing a light bulb?

A trivial question I know, I sound like a pussy, I usually just do it with the light turned off normally, but the light bulb connector might be a bit broken so I really would like to not die now.
>>
>>60259274
Seems a bit weird to use C# for webdev when most servers aren't running Windows. Even microsoft makes a big deal about supporting Linux on Azure.
>>
I've ordered some compressed air to clear out my laptop fans yet I can't really get to them. Can I just blast in their general direction through the chassis and it will work?
>>
>>60259421
Yes? How else did you think it would work
>>
>>60259326
spin up a vm with kali and run nessus against it, itll let you know if you have anything else insecure going on

>>60259354
nigga i just asked him why he thinks theres one, thats two posters in the same thread asking about keyloggers, and that shits not that common.

>>60259401
yes.breaker flipped, no power to the apartment.

>>60259409
>Seems a bit weird to use C# for webdev when most servers aren't running Windows
it sounds like youre talking out of youre arse. exchange, sharepoint, AD, appsense, lumension; these are very common in far more corporate environments than not.

ms and linux is part of their plan to eradicate linux.
>>
>>60259471
>it sounds like youre talking out of youre arse. exchange, sharepoint, AD, appsense, lumension; these are very common in far more corporate environments than not.
None of that has anything to do with webservers.
>>
>>60259461
o-ok
>>
>>60259482
youre not thinking big enough.

how many server engineers have linux experience? whose gonna stand up the linux servers? not your guys with MSCP, because they are windows through and through. youre not going to hire a dedicated linux engineer to maintain that shit. youre not going to sit on your dick and wait for a hybrid engineer to come along

youre going to use whats easy to find skilled techs in.
>>
>>60259503
And yet the vast majority of webservers still use Linux and in fact, many cloud providers don't even offer an option for Windows.
>>
>>60259517
most businesses dont use cloud services though. those are for you, as an individual. cloud services are not what you use when you have a development team. fuck me son. are you literally a retard? who owns the shit you develop on a cloud server? guess what, not you, the company youse team was using amazons or whoevers cloud service.

you think any company is gonna have prod and test in the fucking cloud? stop memeing son fuck. get a job.
>>
>>60259471

I think I have a keylogger

>but why

Unknown people says shit related to the pages I'm visiting at that moment

>that means nothing man

Webpages close automatically

>nothing again, nigguh

my PC is slower than before, dude

>buy more ram

MAN, THERE IS A TROLL IN FRONT OF THE MONITOR WITH A PAPER IN HIS DICK SAYING 'I AM A KEYLOGGER, YOU ARE INFECTED GET REKT'

>but that means nothing, eneggeh! it means simply you adore being snatched by green goblins!

/g/
>>
Is there a way to pull songs off of spotify without premium?
>>
Is windows defender good enough for me to not need a regular anti-virus? I heard it sucks and I should use bit-defender for live protection and scan weekly with malware bytes.
>>
>>60259552
use fiddler to inspect the raw web traffic from the site, itll link the direct of where the files are coming from, and pull from there.

>>60259546
youre mixing two different people. one said he thinks it came from a shop, and said shit closes. the other said he got it from irc, a channel where he probably used a handle someone looked him up with. OSINT is a lot cheaper than a fucking reflected xss attack, jesus christ.
>>
>>60259570
as long as you dont have any microsoft product keygens/activators, defender is good. it knows when you have those and flags the cunts constantly. that combined with UAC and CommonSense 2017 and youll be aight.
>>
My System32 is around 5,6 gb. And WinSxS is around 6 gb. Cleanup tool doesnt really deleted alot of files. Is it possible i broke something with my own stupidity? If so, how do i cleanup fucking Windows folder without ruining all
>>
I want to set up a simple calendar and run desktop notifications (like you'd get from an email client/discord/etc) on my Win 7 machine, what's the best way to go about this? Is there a native solution or will I have to use rainmeter/program something myself?
>>
>>60259572

you are the one mixing. my current situation doesn't involve any shop.

in short: I entered into irc channels via webchat, got xss attacked. my question is how to prevent it and how to clean my pc from keyloggers once they have been installed already
>>
>>60259536
Go home grandpa, you're drunk. Especially if you work for a small to medium company, it would be insane waste of money to have physical web servers.

>who owns the shit you develop on a cloud server?
I do, of course. The licensing terms are pretty damn clear on that point, actually. You'd know this if you weren't stuck in 90s.
>>
>>60259594
are you on win7? i found my winsxs was always very large.

>>60259612
you hasvent read the thread. theres already been another who said he got a keylogger from a shop.

what i said before is still true. DBAN and reinstall. you havent got a firmware keylogger unless youre being hunted by APT, then its time for a new life and a new pc. DBAN, reinstall. just what i said like an hour ago.

>>60259614
The licensing is NOT clear, actually. Since a lot of cloud services use offshore hosting (especially if youre in AU), then the rules change DRAMATICALLY. But youd know that right? Because youve worked with these small companies? Of course you knew that, youre just pretending to be retarded.

Cloud is a meme. If your business needs a developer you dont need cloud. SaaS is not cloud, either faggot.
>>
Is there a way to diagnose NFS performance issues from a windows clients point of view?
>>
>>60259662
win 8.1 right now
>>
>>60259662
>>60259594
you can't accurately measure the size of winsxs with explorer, as it's full of hardlinks, which explorer can't distiguish from regular files
it appears bigger than it really is
>>
>>60259720
>>60259728
nah i used windirstat. was always handy since my os ssd used to be a 60gb one so was always looking for where to shave space
>>
>>60259064
>usb type C hdd dock
I don't use mac and as I said my mobo has defective USB ports, I already have 2 boxes connected through USB2/3.
>>
>>60259584
>he can afford CommonSense 2017
Look at this richfag, I'm stuck with a pirated CommonSense 2015.
>>
File: 3-year-old-hdd.png (651KB, 1002x556px) Image search: [Google]
3-year-old-hdd.png
651KB, 1002x556px
I had this hdd for 3 years now and the brand is seagate. Should I start to worry about possible failure?
>>
>>60259775
i dont use a mac either dude. new asrock board has it.

id honestly suggest a new mobo. with sufficient sata ports.

>>60259776
you disgusting nigger. pay for your software.

>>60259778
the seagate failures were for a very specific run. 3 years isnt very old my dude, i wouldnt worry at all.
>>
I've started to dualboot linux with windows and I'm having trouble increasing my linux partition size. Any suggestions /g/?
>>
>>60259828
I only use FREE Software, like the rest of /g/
>>
>>60259850
install gentoo
>>
>>60259850
Did you defrag the windows partition before trying to shrink it?
>>
>>60259850
best to shrink the ntfs inside windows, then use a live boot cd to expand/resize your linux partition. cant adjust it while its mounted
>>
>>60259878
I am able to shrink the windows partition. I just can't increase the linux partition.
It says 0MB free space while trying to extend after unallocating 50GB from my windows partition.

>>60259897
I've tried this just can't increase the linux partition. Even while using Gparted on my usb.
>>
>>60259930
hang on you know you have to process the shrink operation first right?

gparted doesnt work in real time, you gotta apply the shrink then do the extend after the shrink has been done
>>
>>60259941
Yes I have done this as it shows me that I now have 50GB unallocated. This doesn't work. Almost as if God wants me to stop using Linux.
>>
>>60259961
what format is the linux partition? are you sure it wasnt mounted when you booted gparted from usb?
>>
I need a good mouse and keyboard but I don't want to spend a fortune. I don't really give a shit about mechanical keyboards or uber precision movements and sensibility, I just want something that works well and won't break in 2 weeks.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>60260011
any 20$ combo pack from any shop
>>
>>60259969
On gparted properties it says systems type: ext4 and status:unmounted
>>
>>60260192
fuck mate i dont have any other answers for you.

can you even see the unallocated space in gparted? does it appear at all? howd you shrink the windows partition? does it show up in windows as the smaller size?
>>
>>60260341
I shrunk the windows partition in windows and it restarted. The drive appears smaller than before and I can see the allocated space.

Thanks for bearing with me. I hope I can fix this soon
>>
File: 19691231_190000_794677860.jpg (59KB, 350x480px) Image search: [Google]
19691231_190000_794677860.jpg
59KB, 350x480px
why is installing an SSL certificate on digital ocean such a pain in the ass.
>>
anyone remember unsec ftp site name joey or joel something
>>
>>60260414
I'm pretty sure it depends on the webserver you're using, not on digital ocean, they just provide you with VMs.
I've been using letsencrypt certificates since the end of 2015 on nginx without any problems.
>>
>>60256324
So do I buy a bash bunny or a wifi pineapple nano?
>>
>>60256324
What's the most common RFID frequency for door locks? Is there a good chance the average one works at 125khz, or is there another standard.
>>
>>60260485
let's encrypt uses the certbot script and auto set ups right? maybe I'll try that.
>>
>>60260518
certbot is just one of the clients. I don't like it because it fucks with your config and seems very bloated.
I configured it on my own and let a script run once per week to check for renews using a custom script.
>>
>>60260540
tried installing a comodo cert from name cheap on an Apache webserver last night, I'm just starting out learning and fucked it all up
>>
File: Scared cat.jpg (66KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
Scared cat.jpg
66KB, 1024x676px
How can I ensure cracked software is safe?

I created a VM and downloaded and installed the software on that first, and it seems legit, but I don't know if there's also ransomware or some other shit in there too. Is there a way I can check for that before I try installing it on my real computer?
>>
What do I delete in the css to remove the comment sections on youtube?
>>
>>60260708
delete in the css?
You mean, add to the CSS, right?
#watch-discussion { display: none!important; }
>>
>>60260509
If it's an older one 125kHz, if it's a new one using NFC/IEC13334, it's 13.56MHz
>>
File: 1493482468613.png (86KB, 298x311px) Image search: [Google]
1493482468613.png
86KB, 298x311px
>>60256324
I am trying to check online if my ports are open. I have IP that goes like this xxx.xxx.x.xx, but the port checker says that my IP is yyy.yyy.y.yyy. Why? Why doesn't it say xxx.xxx.x.xx?
>>
>>60260760
XXX is your internal IP address, YYY is your external one.
It's possible that you're behind several routers, depending on your network setup or ISP.
>>
>>60260771
How do I forward ports on external IP? I have two reouters, one is TP-LINK and the other is ZYXEL.
>>
>>60260783
I will add that TP-Link is the router for my wifi.
>>
>>60260783
you have to forward in both then.

Assuming that setup:

{ internet } --- [first router] ---- [second router] --- [you]

forward the port in the first router to the second,
then forward the port in the second router to you.
>>
>>60260705
If you get it from TPB and the uploader has a skull, then it's trusted.
>>
>>60260789
>>60260792
I forgot to say that I only use TP-Link for WIFI, but I have turned it off.
>>
>>60260809
it's still possible that you're behind a second router not in your control.
Do you pay for your internet connection yourself or is it included in rent?
Does your ISP use DS-Lite to tunnel you through IPv4?
>>
>>60260837
I pay monthly for Beotel the ISP.
>>
>>60260861
then do call them and ask if you're NATed internally.
>>
Is there a site that offers a free linux server for cloud computing?
>>
File: 1476063694349.jpg (137KB, 1476x981px) Image search: [Google]
1476063694349.jpg
137KB, 1476x981px
I want a portable movie library.

To do this I need an external hard drive with a 2TB capacity that I can plug it into anything and take it anywhere,

What are some reliable solutions?
>>
File: elephant.png (10KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
elephant.png
10KB, 650x650px
Can you actually make money with Amazon mechanical turk? Or is it an meme? I just need a extra couple bucks a month so I can upgrade to a higher internet tier with half decent upload speeds
>>
File: owefawefkawefk.png (67KB, 641x580px) Image search: [Google]
owefawefkawefk.png
67KB, 641x580px
>>60261032
you can but it takes time
>>
File: 1404564315440.jpg (510KB, 793x931px) Image search: [Google]
1404564315440.jpg
510KB, 793x931px
>>60261075
Thanks anon
>>
File: dvd.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dvd.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
What's a good "free" as in free beer DVD authoring program for windows?

DVD Flick is fucking up on me. Skips are in the ISO file, and then the burn fails to verify against it. Would it be unwise to convert the source videos to something older/less compressed like AVI or MPEG2, then try to author the DVD from those?
>>
>>60260726
My school is changing our IDs to be RFID next year, is there a good chance that they are going to go 13.56mhz or stick with 125 khz?
>>
>>60260942
2.5" usb enclosure + 2TB 2.5" hdd

get one with a 2 male plug usb cable if you can, they can be more reliable on lower power ports like laptops and desktop front usb ports
>>
>>60261098
>>60261032
It's really only if you are in an pinch, it's extremely shitty to do long term. Then again I don't know what country you are from, but generally it's way under minimum wage, unless you are doing higher paid skilled work like translating.
>>
>>60261277
Know of any?
>>
File: earphones.png (814KB, 1014x677px) Image search: [Google]
earphones.png
814KB, 1014x677px
>>60256324

Best video downloader for firefox?

thnx
>>
File: 1450593727780.jpg (138KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450593727780.jpg
138KB, 960x960px
I love in third world country and I'm suspecting that my ISP is throttling the speeds of most sites with the exception of social media sites.
How do I make sure of that?
>>
I can't, for the life of me, make a laravel shit work on AWS amazon linux AMI.

Looking for ez(for stupid piece of shit) tutorial on how to deploy a laravel site on ec2 amazon linux.
>>
>>60261357
dwhelper
>>
>>60261367

thrankz

any for bulk downloads?
(I like to save tumblr vids)
>>
>>60261146
i've used DVDLab PRO in the past
it's not free, but it werks
>>
File: asdf.png (26KB, 665x319px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
26KB, 665x319px
what will happen if i stop antimalware service executable, it says my windows might become unstable
>>
I have horizontal flatron lcd monitor and i want to put it vertically. Can it fuck up in any way?
>>
File: glitch.jpg (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
glitch.jpg
106KB, 512x512px
SO my computer is kinda fucky, i tried having microsoft help and they nearly bricked the thing. basically this happens and then a line appears at the bottom of the screen that's an inverted copy of whatever is at the top.

Anyone know what's going on?
>>
File: 1487706230410.jpg (259KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1487706230410.jpg
259KB, 1000x1500px
Any network /g/uru here?
I live in rural area so the only why to get any internet access is to use broadband internet.

I'm connected to my ISP tower through NanoStation 5, and I'm getting about -50 dBm to -60 dBm, are these good enough?

Also there are "repeaters" close by, that's even closer than the ISP tower, can I connect to it's signal instead of connecting to the ISP's tower directly?
>>
>>60261706
ded gpu.
>>
>>60261764
how do i fix that? I remember it happening once before but i don't know how it got fixed then
>>
>>60261851
its an acer laptop btw
>>
>>60261357
just use youtube-dl
>>
>>60261851

It's a ded gpu mane

get aNew
>>
>>60261161
IDs are usually 13.56MHz.
>>
My shitty asus laptop has an sd card reader in it's side, but won't read anything I put in there. I did a search on my device and I can't even find any driver, so I guess my question is what kind of driver should I install to read sd cards? My computer is about two years old and I've never needed to use an sd card before.

I'm also extremely technology illiterate, so I don't know if the answer is obvious and I'm just retarded.
>>
File: psv8c.png (53KB, 427x461px) Image search: [Google]
psv8c.png
53KB, 427x461px
>>60262245
check devices for missing drivers, usually marked with question mark or not responding devices have explanation mark

post screenshot of your devices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiuxp26rIak
>>
>>60261414
>$160usd

guess I'll try and find a crack from some "it's just a false positive guys" uploader! thanks anon
>>
File: devices.png (28KB, 773x567px) Image search: [Google]
devices.png
28KB, 773x567px
>>60262352
I've checked the asus tech site for drivers but it looks like they don't have any for windows 10.

Will anything do or does it have to be a specific kind? Also the SD card I'm trying to work with is a gigastone sd adapter, if that helps.
>>
File: 1493566418540.jpg (417KB, 1642x1410px) Image search: [Google]
1493566418540.jpg
417KB, 1642x1410px
I have one old hotmail with undeleteable and never used accounts like moddb, steam(with no games) and mostly stupid like this. Should i just delete my hotmail? I never used my real identify in these accounts.
>>
>>60262443
click storage controller, the 3rd from the end of the list to see whats there

post screenshot
>>
File: storage.png (4KB, 283x91px) Image search: [Google]
storage.png
4KB, 283x91px
>>60262480
When I click on it it says the device is working properly.

Thanks for your help btw.
>>
How do I export my passwords from Firefox to Chrome?

Already tried the build in import function but it seems to not pick up one single password.
>>
>>60257888
Steam home sharing?
>>
>>60262503
well, right click on it, and try uninstall, if box appears that allows you delete the driver check it.

then right click anywhere and there should be some command about rescan/recheck devices it might find it again... maybe getting it to work
>>
File: driver.png (36KB, 767x557px) Image search: [Google]
driver.png
36KB, 767x557px
>>60262606
When I go into properties, it literally has uninstall greyed out. It's also strange because according to it, scanning reveals nothing out of date.
>>
Is it safe to send a hard drive back on Amazon?

I can delete everything on it, but I know there are ways of salvaging information, is that a risk? Is there something I can do to ensure no information is retrievable from it?
>>
>>60261362
speedtest.net
speedof.me

try any gnu+linux mirror and download a cdimage from there (some of them are generic software mirrors and have designated test files even)
>>
Can I use 2 monitors -> 1 with linux 1 windows 10 without using 2 PC's?
>>
>>60262697
multi-pass dban should wipe it for good.
>>
>>60262697
If you fill the disk with random data before zeroing it, it will be practically impossible to recover anything(as in, unless you have NSA or Mossad after you, it's good enough). If you want to be REALLY sure, just do several passes. There are lots of programs that can do this, like CCleaner.
>>
>>60262705
These test my internet speeds.
I'm thinking that my ISP is throttling all sites with the exception of a few.
For example download speed for a file is 90-100 KB/Sec, however if I download smillar sized file from youtube I get 300 KB/sec.
>>
>>60262713
Use a VM?
>>
>>60262815
I tried but while in VM I can't acces pornhub because the comodo firewall blocks it.
>>
>>60262713
Yes, just run Virtual Maschine
>>
>>60262849
Then configure the firewall to allow it?
>>
>>60262876
don't really think I can
>>
So i got a server for free from a friend and ubuntu server and all my vms i installes on it says it has two xeons but when i opened it up (1u) it only has one cpu socket occupied (unless the second xeon is being cooled by a disgusting foxconn-branded piece of plastic) anyone know what the fuck is going on?
>>
Any good recommendations for a PCI-E wireless card? Not sure if it matters but my modem broadcasts my wireless signal. I'm also not looking for anything advanced, just something that wont have drops and will keep my speed around 60/5.
>>
>>60262965
one with Atheros chip and standard, replaceable antenna. Optionally buy a separate, better antenna.
>>
File: njtvq56w0rvy.png (514KB, 745x497px) Image search: [Google]
njtvq56w0rvy.png
514KB, 745x497px
what is the best alternative for Daemon tools ?
>>
I have an unlimited google drive account. What's the easiest, free way to encrypt and upload files to it, so I have a backup of my stuff online (mostly movies)
>>
>>60256324
What is the best programming language in existence?
>>
File: 2017-05-07_131502.jpg (40KB, 599x288px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-07_131502.jpg
40KB, 599x288px
Hey Guys,

Can anyone help me out here? Shouldn't take any more than a few seconds.

I'm trying to generate HTML containers based on whether or not there is a row in my DB.

This is what I have so far
>>
>>60263161
where is none also depends on the task you want to accomplish
>>
>>60263161
All programming languages are terrible, you just have to pick the one that has least annoying flaws for you while being suitable for your purpose.
>>
>>60263182
What's your question?
Sounds more like a spoonfeeding request
Google exists you know?
>>
how do i unblock pornhub from comodo firewall?
>>
File: acerlaptop.jpg (26KB, 396x332px) Image search: [Google]
acerlaptop.jpg
26KB, 396x332px
can i ask you guys a question
im really short on money and i need a laptop asap and i got a deal where i can get this laptop for 399 and then another 225 store discount on top (cuz im buying a cellphone plan)

if i get this and upgrade ram and and put an ssd, will it be decent enough to do run photoshop, illustrator and do front end web dev work?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/NX.GL0AA.001
>>
>>60262991
literally any archive extraction software
you don't need to mount the disk images, you can simply open them and install whatever the fuck is inside them
>>
>>60263265
Save your money fag
>>
pls help /g/oys
I recently installed OpenBSD on a laptop, and after the install i found out that my wireless card can't be enabled.
The laptop is a Acer Travelmate 292LCi back from the stone age, and the wireless card is a Intel PROset 2200BG.
>install [linux distro]
feed me working "drivers" for that card first, the 2200BG is a fucking bitch and every "driver" such as acerhk is dead by now.
>>
So, is there a good reason why internal usb connectors are so ungodly thick?
>>
>>60263298
Install iwi
literally first result on google
>>
>>60263326
i already run fw_update you idiot!
i can't get it to UP.
>>
>>60263323
miniaturization costs money
>>
>>60263265
acer laptops have lots of reliability issues
having owned two of them and having both fail in a reasonably short amount of time, I wouldn't recommend them

consider buying a used business grade laptop, it will be much more reliable
>>
>>60263265
nah, that seems like a bad deal with low resolution display and AMD cpu
though who knows its canadian dolars..

anyway, as always on /g/ with that money you are better of hunting for used notebooks on ebay

usually thinkpads

www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X1-Carbon-Core-i7-2GHZ-8GB-256GB-SSD-Windows-8-Pro-x64-webcam-/262962030227
>>
>>60263340
tell me
did you install iwi
>>
File: 1420711922876.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420711922876.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
If I use free proxy server and connect to a site that use HTTPS will whoever runs the server be able to gain my credentials?
>>
>>60263387
yes
>>
My mother is suspicous about my father cheating on her and she wants me to install a tracking program on his phone. Could anyone recommend me a program or something? I've been looking at mSpy, the phone my father is using is a rooted galaxy s5.
>>
>>60263411
what kind of error do you get when you try to scan
>>
>>60263433
write your own
>>
>>60263433
Prey
https://www.preyproject.com/
>>
>>60263433
Is it worth going to prison for?
>>
>>60263437
i get nothing.
ifconfig reports the interface as <BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
and ifconfig iwi0 up doesn't give errors but never sets the interface active.
dhclient returns no link
>>
>>60263463
lol
>>
>>60263476
ip link set iwi0 up
>>
>>60263484
I'm serious. I don't know about US laws, but at least here in Europe that kind of thing is pretty damn illegal.
>>
>>60263514
doesnt matter if its illegal, its not enforced, courts are not full of people being charged to put applications on other family members phone

its like those kids who are about to be beaten up by bullies that cry about police and charges
>>
Can someone tell me what the fuck is up with cock.li?!

Most of the time the site and mailbox are unaccessible, and the faggot vc isn't answering me neither on signal nor twitter
>>
>>60263451
I have no knowledge in coding

>>60263454
Thanks for this, I may just be able to use the android device manager since it pretty accurately tracks gps.
>>
>>60263508
is this a command or i need to put this in hostname.iwi0?
>>
>>60263603
>>>/g/dpt/
>>
>>60263635
>implying /dpt/ isn't just people bitching about different languages
>>
If I upgrade my laptop's RAM will it stop heating when opening up lots of programs, or is this a processor's thing?
>>
>>60263737
that's a processor thing mostly. Clean your heatsink and replace the thermal grease if you haven't in the past year
>>
>>60263622
thats the current command that should bring it up, ifconfig is deprecated
>>
>>60263737
no it wont, yes its cpu and cooling
>>
>>60263737
The RAM definitely should not cause your laptop to heat up, so it's most likely the CPU.
>>
>>60263768
>ip: not found
was this introduced in 6.1?
>>
I do not knowif it is simple or even retarded. But I try:
I am trying to learn Calc instead of excel and I really want to learn more about it.
To be specific, I want to do the following.
I want every new sheet that is made by this one template to reference a value from the previous sheet of the same design and purpose.
How is it done?

That said, I am learning VBA programming and macro recording. where can I learn more of that to get shit done?
>>
Can an iGPU (HD 610) and a regular dedicated GPU (RX470) run at the same time and output to separate monitors?
>>
>>60263967
yeap
>>
>>60263999
Ok. Would it be easy to shut off one screen during gaming?
>>
>>60264025
sure, win+p hotkey
>>
I just bought a gaming PC with an i5 7500 as a CPU. How fucked am I?
>>
>>60264038
Thanks m8
>>
>>60264052
you are fine, no need to hang yourself, but if you can return I would return
in ~4 years you will feel it and regret it seeing all those core running 100%

amd is really killing whole i5 lineup
and intel killed i3 lineup with G4560
>>
What's the best cookie manager for chrome?
>>
What is cheaper overall
A raspberry pi home server
or
virtual server?
>>
>>60264111
Settings > Disable Cookies
>>
>>60264125
for how long...
raspberry pi one time expense of around $50
as vps will cost ya ~$5 a month
>>
CDisplayEX doesn't memorize my key bindings and they get refreshed every time I close it. wat do?
>>
File: 1490468535355.png (352KB, 520x414px) Image search: [Google]
1490468535355.png
352KB, 520x414px
>>60256324
>Have 980ti
>EVGA gives me a 1080 free of charge
>Performs better in premiere for some reason
Someone explain, thought the 980ti have better compute performance
>>
What do I need to get files off my old desktop hdd to a new laptop? Also if the laptop has windows 10 and the has has games installed to windows 7 can I transfer and play?
>>
>>60264125
depends on what you want to do with it
>>
>>60264284
>>60264337
For ever.
VPN, File server, IRC bot and such.
>>
>>60264358
eh, a pi would work, but don't expect anything to be remotely fast, especially file transfers
>>
Is there a general or something for buying TVs?

I need one, best with 4k.
How is this one?
>https://www.amazon.de/Sony-KD-49XD7005-Fernseher-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01IW655TO/ref=lp_12721103031_1_4?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1494179766&sr=1-4
>>
can't access sadpanda even tho I have an account and I keep on deleting the cookie
>>
>>60264314
>EVGA gives me a 1080 free of charge
How did you snag this
>>
>>60264473
looks like the one i have (xbr49x700d). its nice.
>>
>>60256324
What's the difference between Coreboot and Libreboot? I assume Libreboot is completely open source? Is this not the case with Coreboot? What's the difference between the two in terms of features?
>>
>>60264765
coreboot is mostly free software, but it supports loading non-free software (firmware) to make certain hardware work.

Libreboot is a fork of coreboot with any non-free part removed.

Because of this Libreboot supports even less hardware than coreboot, but it's 100% libre. This is the price of freedom.
>>
>>60256324
does my hdd get worse the more times a day i turn on my computer
2 days ago i turned on my computer twice in a day and it blue screened the second time
it also blue screened today on the second time i turned it on
>>
>>60264875
turning PC on-off too many times is generally not HDD friendly.

Anyway, there is a good chance that your blue screens have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>60256324
Recommend me a network monitoring tool that able to see all the traffic/websites being accessed on my network. I think my little sister are streaming porn and shit
>>
>>60264724
RMAd one of my 980tis
they sent me a 1080 back
I called and said i had an SLI rig and they said "oops sorry just send the other card well give you another 1080"
>>
I have a 1600x and corsair vengeance led running @ 2667 Mhz 15-15-15-36 1.2v. They are rated to work up to 3000 mhz and I would like to run them at that frequency. I tried different configurations but I can't post past 2667 any help?
>>
File: windows.png (128KB, 1033x1050px) Image search: [Google]
windows.png
128KB, 1033x1050px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>60264971
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>60264971
so when one process crashes, it won't bring the whole shit down (except when it does).

It's the same for gahnoo+loonix or *BSDs except there you see the real executable names like dbus, polkitd, apache2, lightdm, exim4, mysqld, sshd etc.
>>
>>60264923
Wont be possible without extra hardware beween ypur sister's pc and the gateway
>>
File: 1489776317331.jpg (346KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1489776317331.jpg
346KB, 1104x1104px
Just in purely hypothetical sense.

Let's say I have a computer that is going to be turned on and used for 10 hours a day.

Would running a cryptocoin miner at the same time dramatically increase the electricity usage (/cost)?

If you want to mine stuff you should calculate the benefit. I'm wondering if I should apply the same flat electricity cost for something that's already on and in use.
>>
>>60264959
what Mobo? my team vulcan 3000 runs at 2933 16-18-18-38 1.35v on my ax370 gaming5
>>
i just installed the most recent version of windows 10 through ms website. how do i activate it? i've googled kms pico, what is it and how harmful could it result being?
>inb4 buy a license
>>
>>60265165
You can easily get a genuine w10 activation by using some pirated w8 installation and upgrading it to 10. Google should have some guides.
>>
File: 1493859552203.png (170KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493859552203.png
170KB, 480x480px
>>60264916
thank you anon
>>
>>60265104
Mining done properly is 100% cpu & gpu.
Yo do have to take into account electric bill.
>>
instead of formatting couldn't you just technically put a hard drive from one pc to another then just let windows reinstall the drivers automatically?
>>
Using a samsung android tablet for my browsing until I can get a new pc. Can't listen to music on youtube (mobile site or app) because it's way too loud even with the lowest system volume and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the volume on youtube. Only mute and unmute work.
>>
>>60265236
Yeah I'm not saying I don't have to take into account the bill, but more if I should lower the amount that is being used because the machine is already in use.
>>
>>60265165
kms pico is basically a windows activation server (kms) emulator running on your computer.
Don't ddl it from anywhere, go to piratebay and find a torrent that a lot of users verified.

Also do yourself a favour and wipe out your windows installation if it's not enterprise or education. You can get MSDN isos from popular torrent sites, again check the comments.

>>60265238
Yes. You might have problems with the hard disk controller drivers. In that case set them to IDE-emulation in the BIOS, boot up windows, install the proper drivers then reboot, set them back to AHCI and windows should work as intended.
>>
>>60265238
This usually works when the motherboard is similar/the same.
>>
is there a way to move the order of these tabs around in xfce? Couldn't find anything googling
>>
>>60265114
MSI x370 sli plus.
>>
>>60265238
yeah, but you probably have to reactivate windows
>>
>>60264942
Did you have an SLI rig?
>>
>>60265303
1. right click on panel, panel menu->panel options->items->select "window buttons"->press the configure button on the right side
2. in the "ordering" drop-down box, select no ordering, enable drag and dropp

note: I use a translated version of XFCE, exact names will most likely be different in the English locale.
>>
>>60265268
>Also do yourself a favour and wipe out your windows installation if it's not enterprise or education.
i have win10 pro x64 non activated, why should i worry and wipe it out? also, i hear enterprise cant be activated, then what do?
>>
>>60265401
Yeah I did
I just had to send back my other 980ti and they are sending me another 1080
>>
For some reason my TV does not like my PC so it only displays at 1366 x 768.
I really want to play emulators and shit on my PC but I won't be able to properly mirror my first screen (1080p) because of this issue.
What can I do?
>>
I keep getting the error transient resolver failure when trying to install stuff from the command line in void linux.
>>
>>60265422
>why should i worry and wipe it out
-you cannot disable telemetry completely
-you cannot disable cortana and store completely if you want that
-your system is a windows update testbed for enterprise customers
-you cannot choose to install updates later (see prev point)
-in later bigger updates home/pro users get assfucked even more hard
Since your just installed it, it's less hassle to do a new clean enterprise installation than later

>i hear enterprise cant be activated,
kmspico works just fine. You might heard it can't be activated because it is not sold to end users but to companies, so you cannot legally acquire a windows 10 enterprise/education "cd key".
>>
test
>>
>>60265477

maybe your tv is a pos that only supports 768p
>>
File: help.png (210KB, 1301x760px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
210KB, 1301x760px
Is my GPU dying? This only happened in open windows, not on the desktop. A restart however managed to fix the issue.
>>
>>60265540
Yea, pretty sure that's the case. Although any consoles that are connected supposedly run at 1080.

What can I do to mirror the display and it be able to properly fit in the screen? I don't mind using it at 768p either.
TV will show 1080 but it will be way too large or some shit.
>>
>>60265546
If you can take a screen shot of the error it's probably a software fault
maybe reinstall graphics driver
>>
>>60265526
well, i really dont care about telemetry but i do wanna get rid of cortana and all of that metro nonsense, so i will try kmspico on the enterprise build. thanks for replying anon.
>>
>>60265694
You can turn off cortana in the group policy editor
>>
Should I learn how to code?
>>
>>60265743
with Klossy
>>
So I'm trying to figure out SNORT (ids) and the lab instructions say "Now, select two web attack signatures that seem straight-forward to understand. It would be simpler if you select a signature that looks for "evil" data in an HTTP URL string. Log into your Windows server and open a browser. Based on the documentation provided with the signature you have selected, attempt to trigger the Snort signature by making a HTTP request towhich contains an attack string which should be detected."
Any idea what I could type into the url bar that would trigger snort?
>>
>>60265405
thank you. That was simple enough
>>
will CCcleaner remove dead shortcuts on my start menu?

I don't use it but I've been thinking that I should start.
>>
I'm wiping my older laptop (i3 m350 & ATI HD5470) so it can be my daily driver. Does windows 10 deal with older shit nicely, or should I just stick with 7 & Linux Mint?
>>
>>60265934
Pretty sure it doesn't, but it's been a while since I used it.
>>
>>60265938
stay
>>
osx

how do i activate indexing search of a NTFS HDD that can only be read? From the terminal it says:

mdutil -s /Volumes/[drive]/
/Volumes/[drive]:
Error: unknown indexing state.
>>
File: symless.png (81KB, 1889x1009px) Image search: [Google]
symless.png
81KB, 1889x1009px
anyone know of any free programs that do similar to synergy?

i have an imac and a PC, right now im using 2 keyboards and 2 mouses
>>
>play Pokemon Yellow on RetroArch
>save my progress as I move along
>game freezes
>have to murder the process
>save starts up where you were before you started playing

>you have to save, exit, then start up again for this not to happen

What is this fucking motherfuck shit cunt whore bullshit? Yes I'm mad.
>>
>>60265247
reset a samsung galaxy core 2 that wont go past the first screen of Android. i tried all the normal methods already. Any ideas
>>
>>60266271
Synergy used to be free.
Capitalism destroy everything.
>>
>>60266371
grow up, manchild
>>
File: 1486109861973.jpg (159KB, 721x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1486109861973.jpg
159KB, 721x1079px
What is a good R course?
>inb4 Coursera
it fucking sucks
>>
>>60266430
Alright, I got myself a job, wife, 2 kids, a decent social circle, am politically invested...

This didn't seem to fix my problem.
>>
Hey I have a dumb question. I'm trying to do a simple thing with Microsoft Edge.
I know that most browsers have an option to open set pages upon launch, Edge has an option to pin a website to the Win10 start menu. Is there a simple way to make it so that clicking one pin would open two tabs/sites, but launching Edge itself would run as default?

If that's not clear enough, let me try again. I want to make it so that when I run Edge, it will open as expected by default, when I open a website I have pinned to my start menu, I want it to run Edge with two tabs at the same time so that I don't have to either make two pins, or open up a new tab and type in the address every time.
Thanks.
>>
anybody know a decent program for making keyboard macros
I just want to assign F2 to open a program
>>
I am trying to wipe an SSD via parted magic, but it is frozen. When I put my PC to sleep to unfreeze it, it just reboots.

Is it safe to unplug and replug my SSD into the mobo's sata port while the computer is turned on, as an attempt to unfreeze the SSD?
>>
Would it be a good idea to use 4x4GB 3200MHz RAM if it would be cheaper than 2x8GB?

On Ryzen 1700.
>>
>>60266788
Also, I am using parted magic via ultimate boot cd
>>
Is there an alternative to apache open office that isn't shit?
>>
File: Speccy.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Pic related is my current specs. It's shit, I know, but it's looking to be a long time before I'm able to upgrade it or anything. So my question is: what can I do to make the most out of my current build? What steps can I take to make sure that I can run newer games on medium and stuff like that
>>
What's the best way to clean a computer
When cleaning a computer should I take out stuff like my video card etc?
Is there anything I should do to avoid fucking up my PC while cleaning it out? like I hear you can give static electricity etc while touching it and can fry shit inside
>>
If I have a media machine running Plex, does the lag happening on another device (during playback) mean that the media machine doesn't have enough CPU power or GPU power? Internet speeds aside.
>>
What is Python and is it worth? asking because I noticed my qbittorrent has a search engine function but it says I need Python installed
>>
My gamma calibration seems to reset to default whenever I open a full screen application. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
Using an AMD video card in Windows 10.
>>
So my PC came installed with windows 10, is it really true that it's super spyware? Can I disable them completely if so?
>>
>>60267145
Maybe get an SSD if you want to make everything more snappy, and maybe OC your GPU by a bit.
>>
>>60267289
Touch the case before you mess with the insides to get rid of the static electricity.
You can use an air compressor (Make sure it has a filter) or a leaf blower (Use from a good distance) and no you do not need to remove GPU.
Don't blow air directly on any fans and make them spin real fast, they can become damaged.
If you haven't changed thermal compound in a few years you could do that also.
>>
>>60267528
It is super spyware, but you aren't an important guy, you're probably exactly like everyone else, what do you care?

>>60267289
Use a non-staticcy tool, like a paper towel
just get the more obvious patches of dust and whatnot and you're golden in my experience. You could also buy an air compressor if you're being thorough but I don't think casuals like you and I need that

What's the least botnet way to stream music from my PC to my phone? I have around 4TB of music now and i'm tired of picking and choosing what I have on me walking around
>>
>>60265938
It's fine, not much different from 7. I would go with Linux though, since you're probably not going to be gaming much.
>>
>>60265165
You can get a key for like $10, you should. I would never trust an ISO or activator from a torrent site.
There could be hidden rootkits, and other types of malware that cannot be detected without some sort of analysis.
Make sure to get your ISO straight from MS.
>>
>>60264942
Fucking lucky. What if I say my 970 is busted? I would really dig a 1070.
>>
>>60256324
How does 4chan tell that I am using a VPN? I am using an OVPN Access Server on my linode yet it still detects that. Is it just because I am using an linode address?
>>
>>60267582
>>60267604
Would a can of compressed air do?
Would cotton buds/qtips be good for cleaning the fans without spinning them?
>>
>>60267547
How much would you say I should over clock it? It already came 10% over clocked when I bought it
>>
>>60267672
You could spin them a little but not faster then what they're intended to do.

Those items would work fine if it's all that you have. Rubbing alcohol is also good for cleaning.
>>
>>60267685
Depends what cooler you have and how lucky you are. Increase the OC with MSI Afterburner or whatever software you want by small amounts, and make sure that it's stable by running a benchmark.
Stop whenever it crashes and decrease it a little, or increase the voltage a tiny bit.
>>
What would you recommend for a fanless, lightweight, notebook-tier laptop capable of running windows?
Basically a fanless eeepc but cheaper
>>
>>60267723
>depends what cooler you have
Not sure if I have one but if I do it's probably not too good [spoiler]because I was retarded and bought a prebuilt[/spoiler]
>>
>>60258695
No because usually the number is a user ID for the database table so you can't have two people with the same number. The advantage of identifying people with a ID number in a database is that they can change their username without as much trouble and multiple people can have the same username.
>>
>>60267757
Ah. Don't increase voltage then, just see how far you can go with stock voltage.
>>
>>60267604
I just don't like my shit not being private
>>
>>60267757
>spoiler doesn't work
Shit
>>
>>60267775
Alright cool, I'll try that. I've also heard about overclocking my CPU, will that help at all or is there no point for gaming
>>
>>60267671
They wouldn't reveal how, but generally there's 3 methods:

1) a global blacklist of IPs associated with VPNs. Easily done by looking at allocated IP blocks.
2) When a user connects, connect back to them and see if they have common VPN ports open.
3) Tracking cookies across IPs. If a cookie on x.x.x.x is used on y.y.y.y, it's a good sign they're using a VPN or roaming.

As far as how 4chan does it, I don't know, there's more than these you can do but these are off the top of my head.
>>
>>60267855
Well you have a Dell PC so you probably can't, I have one also and I wasn't able to.

This software lets you OC your CPU, you could probably get like an extra 400MHz.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

It might not work though, because fucking Dell locks it out. Who knows though, I would check.
>>
>>60267733
Why does it need to be fanless? You can get a x220 and put the fan in ""passive"" mode, I never hear the fan go off.

You need to do this with lenovo utils, I don't know how hard this would be on linux.
>>
>>60267876
Alright I'll try it, thanks
>>
>>60267884
it needs to be fanless as it's intended use will be portable recordings.
I have an x220 and it's definitely got an audable fan, and is currently in use with more important tasks.
>>
>>60267908
No problem, good luck.
>>
File: azokAt6I.jpg (24KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
azokAt6I.jpg
24KB, 362x362px
i7-4790k, 16GB 2400mhz RAM, GTX 970, Windows 7 64-bit

Two Asus VG248QE monitors, 1080p @120hz. One connected with DisplayPort, one connected with Dual-link DVI.

Whenever I have video playing or images shown on the second monitor (the non-primary monitor according to Windows) I get massive screen tearing and response time/lag on both monitors. I can move a video to the second screen and immediately start having problems, and if I move it back to the primary monitor the lag and screen tearing stops after a few seconds.

I did a clean reinstall of my video drivers, my mem/cpu usage is nowhere near maxed out. What should I test to get this fixed?
>>
Do I need swap memory if O have plenty of RAM?
>>
>>60266788
bump
>>
what is virtual super resolution?
>>
>>60268195
Make a new thread and I'll answer your question.
>>
how much of an upgrade is going from i3-6100 to i5-7500
>>
talking about frames per second, when the quantifier like msi aferburner is showing that you are getting 60 fps, is that really an accurate information?Or I'm getting someting around 60 fps, like 59,97 that adobe uses on their rendering programs?
>>
>>60268290
Not much.
>>
How bad is it to /always/ have your PC on? My uptime is at 6 days right now
>>
>>60268480
its not bad. just turn off your monitor when you're not using it
>>
>>60268290
pretty big difference in raw clock speed, same number of threads as an i3-6100 though
>>
>>60268480
its not bad unless youre constantly running a program with a memory leak

there are servers/power users that are on indefinably unless they need to go down for updates
>>
I'm concerned that my storage drive frequently and unexpectedly disconnecting might be a hint at it dying, what's a good program to tell if it is or not?
>>
My PC just crashed with a IQRL_less_qeual bluescreen. Can I find out why? Its a new system.

1. I'm running it on a 2007 300W PSU
2. I'm running different 2 and 4 GB DIMMs
3. I'm running a baked 560 Ti (which was defective before)
>>
Is there a way to copy folder settings from one Windows installation to another?
>>
>>60263053
Never used it myself, but I've heard good things about rclone https://rclone.org/.
>>
is thermal paste necessary for a new ryzen build?
>>
why do I randomly have a full Z: drive all of a sudden? it was never there, or at least visible, prior to today
>>
how do I into IRC
>>
>>60263265
Visit /tpg/ and ask them what thinkpad to get for your needs and budget.
>>
>>60268653
it's not necessary if you're talking about sticking to stock paste, but it'd be good using aftermarket paste nonetheless
>>
>>60263915
What distro are you using?
>>
>>60263401
They shouldn't be able to unless they MITM the https handshake, although your browser should warn if you get a funny cert.
>>
>>60263433
Tell your mom to try actually talking to her spouse.
>>
>>60264125
If you have an old computer, or you can get one from surplus auction or a thrift store, it would make a much better home server as it should be faster (assuming it's semi-recent) and more expandable.
>>
Ok, got a couple of questions for you dudes if you're willing to answer them.

1st: What's the best way to go about turning my old PC into a file server/ NAS (Are those the same things?)

2nd: I want to start learning Python; where do I start?
>>
How can I get my domain to transfer to another domain? There must be some code/HTML I can insert to do it, right?
>>
>>60268881
You mean forward. You can do that in your registrar's control panel, or wherever you've decided to host your DNS Zone file.

This is some basic shit.
>>
>>60269007
Using Wix and trying to forward away from it. It costs money to do it in the registrar's control panel
>>
>>60269019
>It costs money to do it in the registrar's control panel
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Transfer that domain name to another registrar immediately. Namecheap or something.

Never heard of anything that retarded before. Are you sure this is real?
>>
File: banner-sbs-11.png (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
banner-sbs-11.png
295KB, 1920x1080px
I just got an Amazon Fire Stick (2nd gen) for $5. What's a good Kodi tutorial? I want to go with the No Limits build. Every tutorial I see on the internet is from some shady-looking site.

What's a good Kodi (No Limits build, 17.1) tutorial?
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.