[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 39

File: sqt.jpg (40KB, 438x295px) Image search: [Google]
sqt.jpg
40KB, 438x295px
Which one is the best for me to check my SSD health, speed, and everything else:

Hard Disk Sentinel 5.01 or CrystalDiskInfo 7.0.5?
>>
Whats the best gayming USB jumpdrive for under 300$?
>>
>>60227797
Most usbs have leds already so who cares
>>
what router should I get to replace this crappy linksys e1000
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-05+at+08.45.06).png (14KB, 456x268px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-05+at+08.45.06).png
14KB, 456x268px
Lately I've been getting this error every time I try to move a folder from my soulseek downloads. It worked fine before and I know for certain that it is not open or in use in any program, even tried closing the soulseek application even though it being open caused no problems before and all explorer windows but it's still "in use". Closing and reopening the explorer windows fixed it once but it doesn't seem to be working now. If I go into the folder and copy all the files individually I get no error. Why is this shit happening?
>>
>>60228007
restart
>>
>>60227961
Have you upgraded the firmware?
>>
Slit my (main.cpp) C++ code into multiple files (main.cpp, Shit.h, Shit.cpp) and the executable got larger.

Is the linker fucking up?
Which reason could be causing this?
Are the duplicated includes in both cpps (one <string> in each cpp) being included twice?
>>
What's the best Image viewer, /sqt/? Preferably something that'll let me take out the title bar. Windows Photos is alright since it's minimal but I need it for muh ricing

inb4 >just bblean
It's my last option
>>
>>60227558
hdparm and smartctl
>>
every time i install linux my screen tears horizontally for example when i scroll thru google

running ubuntu nvidia gtx 1050ti, happens on both free and prop drivers
>>
>>60227558
>>60228359
I'm looking to install Ubuntu for desktop use to run windows VM's in with PCI passthrough for gaymen, what is the best image for this?
>>
I've got a laptop connected to a KVM switch, it's native resolution is 1920x1080 and the monitor is 3840x2160. Everytime I select 3840 the screen turns black and it only lets me use 1080 for max resolution. How do I get it to run at highest resolution?

Laptops running Xubuntu btw.
>>
>>60228781

btw putting the nvidia settings to performance mode fixes the problem but do i really have to have my GPU on full blast on a fucking linux environment to just not tear?
>>
How can I activate Windows 10 Professional?

>inb4 install gentoo
It's not for me.
>>
>>60227558
Does anybody know a good guide to the gentoo kernel settings? I tried to configure it to my likings, but I'm not sure if I understood everything the way it was meant...
>>
Is there a Project64 equivalent for Linux?
>>
>>60228359
>smartctl
You made me laugh.
>>
On W10, I can't open programs from the start menu search. Pinned start menu items work, just programs I search for do not open... What can I do other than reinstall binwows?
>>
>>60229664
GNU/Linux*
>>
Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Pentium 1,4 GHz, 1,5 GB, 60 GB, DVD, 13" touch LCD, WiFi, XP

Good? I'd install Debian, but it's a toughbook.
>>
What's a good piece of software to teach oneself to make those schematics a laser or water cutter uses?
AutoCAD seems like it's for building bridges and apartment buildings.
>>
>>60227797
Gaymers should use the cloud
>>
How do I get an cpu cooler compatiblity kit (AM4) if im poor and live in South America
>>
File: Windows7.png (83KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
Windows7.png
83KB, 470x353px
bought windows 10 pro for a customer( was ordered to)
customer realized he would prefer win7
is win10 pro key downgradable to 7 ?

I doubt it, bit its seriously hard to google it out
as it is always the turned question
"will the win 7 key work on win10 install"

also its kaby lake, so no official updates would be there
also how about hyper-v
I would set it up, but is there legal way to have there windows7?
sure I could use one of the KMS activations, but this is for a business, not some home use
>>
>>60230800
you email the manufacturer of your cooler?
>>
>>60230774
solidworks
>>
>>60230851
Use DaZ and blacklist KB971033
pocket the win10 key
>>
>>60230886
heh, no
>>
>>60230800
so you managed to buy a new motherboard, cpu and probably RAM sticks but can't get 10$ for the cooler mount brackets?
>>
>>60230865

lol are they even going to notice me ? btw they don't have the kit ready (yet)

>cooler master master air maker 8
>>
my wireless keeps dying at random and after some testing im sure its the routers fault
no idea why it happens, the wifi led on the router doesn't turn off and the signal strength is fine
>>
>>60230800
look for it in your ebay equivalent
>>
>>60230922

>so you managed to buy a new motherboard

I was saving money and a coworker got it for me in USA. Before ryzen I was using a Pentium 4
>>
>>60230969

>south american shithole
>ebay

wew
>>
>>60230971
save some more and ask your coworker again.
use the stock cooler it comes with until you get it.
>>
>>60228321
Does Shit.cpp include any functions that main.cpp never calls? If that's the case, it would explain your problem. Compiling the files separately means that the compiler can't optimize out functions or code paths that can never be executed. This in turn, can have a cascading effect if those unused functions had additional dependencies that normally wouldn't have been needed.
>>
>>60230774
The laser cutters at my school all used Illustrator, which I would certainly *not* recommend--it was clearly not intended as a CAD program. AutoCAD would probably be fine, honestly. Solidworks is overkill for cutting designs in sheets.
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (20KB, 641x479px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
20KB, 641x479px
Am I retarded how do I login with a de?
>>
>>60227558
echo '1001 + 1000*8' | bc | xargs echo "over"
>>
I've been taking generic costco brand 24 hour claritin (loratadine) for a while and it's been working pretty well, but the past couple days I've been feeling some allergy symptoms even despite it, would it hurt to take an extra dose at these times?
>>
>>60231090
You missed a "nestoli" anon.

To login with a DE, you first need to install X, then install a login manager like SLiM and a DE. Next, create a .Xinitrc file in your home directory... Honestly, it's way too much of a hassle to describe it in a sqt post. You may want to check out the Xorg page on the arch wiki. Good luck, it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>60231090
install a displaymanager like gdm and change your runlevel.
>>
>>60230884
>>60231062
Thanks gents. I got an opportunity to do some projects through uni, so I want to at least give it a go. See what we can come up with.
>>
How do I keep spiders out of my pc? They keep getting in and they cast big shadows on the wall from the lights inside
>>
A proxy lets your HTTP requests and responses run through a proxy server, right? So if i try to watch a Flash video with it (e.g. chaturbate), it shouldn't work, because Flash uses some other protocol and not http? But html5 videos (like on youtube) will work.
Or do i have this wrong
>>
>>60231241
put your id card inside.. that picture should suffice.
>>
>>60231062
Oh and Adobe Illustrator?
Couldn't I just as well use GIMP then
>>
I'm editing a theme on Stylish and I want to use a custom theme, but I need to upload the .woff2 somewhere. Where can I upload it?
>>
File: 2017-05-05-233747_710x352_scrot.png (62KB, 710x352px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-05-233747_710x352_scrot.png
62KB, 710x352px
does this look blurry to anyone else
how do i fix my font rendering
>>
>>60231266
>Flash uses some other protocol and not http?

No it doesn't.

"HTTP" is an awkward name, it can handle a lot more than just HTML.
If I'm not mistaken all browser traffic is either HTTP, HTTPS or web sockets. - and a good proxy will handle them all.
>>
File: 1493410810160.jpg (77KB, 539x526px) Image search: [Google]
1493410810160.jpg
77KB, 539x526px
I've Mint on my Linux partition and wanted to switch it up. Upon trying another distro (I've tried to install three) my mouse won't move. I tried replugging it and that didn't do anything.

Upon further investigation, it responds to icons and moves however, the mouse icon itself remains static.

What could it be and how do I fix it?
>>
File: ncredible.png (21KB, 362x246px) Image search: [Google]
ncredible.png
21KB, 362x246px
Anyone else dumb enough to buy these have this problem? When I go to step 2 it doesn't do anything, just stays flashing blue quickly. If you keep holding it, they turn off.
>>
Is there a way to download the hotlinked images from URL's in Tumblr posts?

For example, say I wanted to scrap this Tumblr Blog - http://wgettest.tumblr.com/ and it comes across this post - http://wgettest.tumblr.com/post/159352717063/httpiimgurcomdgncvpdgifv - where it includes an image plus 2 images / webms linked through Imgur and Gfycat in the body of the post.

Is there a program to download everything from a Tumblr? Wget, HTTrack, Tumblripper, all of those don't work to some degree.
>>
>>60231565
this souds like a problum youd have in 2010, what kind of mouse do you have and what distros
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-05+at+07.32.42).png (18KB, 606x348px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-05+at+07.32.42).png
18KB, 606x348px
Is my SSD ok?
>>
>>60231585
Figured it out myself just now: You have to keep holding the button after you turn it on for step two to work, they're not separate steps.

Ncredible (for archive purposes)
>>
>>60231314
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/font_configuration

https://www.maketecheasier.com/improve-font-rendering-linux/
>>
>>60231656
Gigabyte Force m7. I tried Fedora and Xubuntu
>>
I've been trying to help my friend get back into his old Gmail account, but it's starting to seem impossible. He has no access to the cell number it's attached to and none of his usual passwords are working. Is there any way to brute force our way in?
>>
>>60231907

>brute force
>Google

ok
>>
If I have a bluetooth adapter for my wireless mouse, can I use bluetooth speakers from the same adapter? Can I use another adapter for audio, or will that cause interference?
>>
>>60231803
i was assuming it would be sum crazy cyborg or razer mous that had a lot of shit going on. linux dose package the nessisery drivers, so im not sure what your issue is. i take it it works on windows. you could try

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/mouse-problem-notmoving.html

if you dont have a linux os installed or want to try again get ubuntu 17. dont let faggots here tell you its not a good os. ubuntu plain updates fater then its derivatives and hase a huge repo (though not as big as arch). maybe upgrade your kernel.
>>
W10's search feature is fucking up for me.

The quickest way (for me) to launch programs is obviously hitting the Windows key and typing away. Recently, I've lost this functionality. I can search for stuff, but programs don't show up at all. How can I fix this?
>>
File: exc.png (2KB, 377x248px) Image search: [Google]
exc.png
2KB, 377x248px
Is there any way I can make excel highlight certain cells if I select a specific cell?

For example, if I select the cell with the value 1, I want A and B to be highlighted with a color. But if I select 2, I want C and D to be highlighted

Thanks phams
>>
How can I get a ladyboy gf?
>>
I have an old Asus Nexus 7 tablet from 2012, after a full reset it runs ok for a little while but quickly slows down to a crawl, almost to the point of being unusable.

Is there any lightweight barebones android version I can flash it with, just to make it usable as a Netflix and media device for long journeys?
>>
Does someone have karaoke songs or convert them? I really want to make the new Atom anime to a karaoke version but tones are really complicated to set. There should be a software that could do thast, right?
>>
lightweight ~normie linux to run on a virtual machine?
(or a way/configs/magic to make any linux run smoothly on a VM)
>>
File: 1473940919503.png (15KB, 512x275px) Image search: [Google]
1473940919503.png
15KB, 512x275px
I'm using fucking Nightly, I changed the useragent to 40 just in case

Still gives me this shit, what else is it looking at?
>>
>>60229664
mupen64
>>
My Macbook Air just made a weird three beep noise. I was only browsing 4chan and (pintrest plz no bully) It was like one loud beep and two echoes.

What does this mean i'm kind of freaking out.
>>
>>60227558
god I hate when OP is a faggot and posts xer question inside the op.
>>
>>60232625
it means your overpriced piece of shit is going to die
>>
>>60232294
enable virtualization in your BIOS.

any distro is good really, but if you want light you have to choose distros with xfce (like xubuntu) or MATE (like ubuntu MATE) or LMDE (like Lubuntu).
>>
File: sweat.jpg (6KB, 191x183px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
6KB, 191x183px
Is it good news that my laptop comes back from repairing within a week of it being sent? I didn't receive an e-mail about it aside from one (from the delivery company, not the constructor) announcing it's coming back.
>>
How to decrypt email addresses in form of <a href="javascript:linkTo_UnCryptMailto('somethingsomethingsomething');" class="mail">abcdefg</a>?
>>
Viruses are really interesting. How likely is it someone will come along and create a virus like CIH that spreads super easily? It wouldn't make any money like ransomware does but certainly there is someone out there who would do it.

Just fyi, CIH is a highly destructive virus that overwrites the boot sector of a hard drive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIH_(computer_virus)
>>
>>60233258
Read the spec of that function. And implement it.
>>
File: 1475837048384.jpg (195KB, 698x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475837048384.jpg
195KB, 698x960px
>>60233354
these are more prevalent than you might imagine. there are advisories from the security community more and more advising about the presence of very small signatures like this working their way into critical infrastructure. Most of the reports implicate nation states. Governments are upping their ante right now. be on the lookout for lots of things that find a cozy little home on proprietary hardware.
>>
File: 1*PzbHsNXqfibB7WNcyj6Zmw.jpg (550KB, 2000x998px) Image search: [Google]
1*PzbHsNXqfibB7WNcyj6Zmw.jpg
550KB, 2000x998px
>>60227558
What is the chance that a key that is: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX where X can be any uppercase letter except O,J,L and a number from 1-9 - that it gets bruteforced? I have setup for a test a bruteforcer that is running for 5 hours already and it still didn't generate that same key.
>>
>>60233419
The security of critical and emergency infrastructure is really interesting as well. Look at Dallas a few weeks ago and how their tornado warnings were compromised. It may seem minor but that is incredibly dangerous. Imagine it wasn't just a skid; it could have been a malicious actor that disabled it completely. Then, God's vacuum cleaner comes and cleans house.
>>
>>60233433
its not a matter of chance, but a matter of time. you should consider splitting this process out across many resources so that it finishes faster. consider the advantage of a map-reduce type scenario.

if you have many sticks, you can try to count them all yourself to see how many there are...takes a while. or, you can give sticks to everybody and say 'tell me how many sticks you all have' it is much quicker to add up their totals.
>>
>>60229275
I used MTKV26B5.zip aka Microsoft Toolkit
>>
>>60233404
So I have to learn how to code before I can write an email.
Well, since the recipient also has a fax number on their website, fax might be the easier way to go. Technology has gone too far.
>>
>>60233481
this might draw some sighs because schneier can be a bit of a quack sometimes but he very recently wrote a piece claiming that there is currently a campaign underway to test, poke, and prod US infrastructure in order to determine its most vulnerable points. i agree with you that these seemingly innocuous 'pranks'carry grave implications.
>>
I can use a XT1045 screen in a XT1032?

They are both Moto G1 but one is locked by Verizon and the other is from my Mexican carrier.
>>
>>60233499
Would it be very hard to bruteforce 4 times the previous template of characters? being 16 blocks of 4 chars?
>>
What offers better quality, DVI or DisplayPort? Using a Dell 1440p monitor and a GTX1050.
>>
>>60234334
both are digital and have the same quality.
>>
File: 1493388034606.jpg (52KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1493388034606.jpg
52KB, 331x331px
>>60232017
>>
File: gtx1050tineededandbetterram.png (126KB, 1195x685px) Image search: [Google]
gtx1050tineededandbetterram.png
126KB, 1195x685px
So I got this really cheap prebuilt Dell Inspiron 3650 and wanted to upgrade its weakass DDR3 ram.

I found this cheap one that I am 100% will work for it but the question is, how much should I get?

Should I get two 4GB of the cheap 1600mhz or 2 (8GB) 1600mhz?
Is the quantity in RAM that substantial in this desktop? I just want to put my recently purchased GTX 1050ti in it and run some games.
Is the RAM quantity worth it?

Link of cheap ram (like new- packaging only hurt):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GXX40G8/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
>>
>>60234347
Alright thanks.
Last stupid question, will a HDMI to DVI adapter (not cable) allow ANY HDMI signal to go through? I have several things like a PS4, my tablet, etc and would like to alternate between my things on my monitor in my tiny computer space.
>>
>>60234394
It has 1x8GB right now.
Get another 8GB stick so you dont have problems with the motherboard and have dual-channel working with no problems.

If you buy Used RAM pass it trough MEMTEST86.
>>
>>60234429
I can't do 12GB?
What happens if I mix RAM of different frequencies?
>>
Are Sam and Charlie still alive?
>>
Anyone who uses Perfect Viewer for Android know if there's any setting that is good for reducing artifacts when rescaling pages with a lot of dithering? I use the program mostly for reading manga and tend to get some pretty noticeable gridline looking artifacts, not that hard to ignore but I always wonder if there's some setting I could use to see a more "accurate" image without the artifacts.
>>
>>60234458
You will waste money and it will downclock to the slower stick.

Your PC was designed for DDR4, it will be picky when it comes to RAM since its using a DDR3 motherboard.
>>
How long do you think it will be before 3D printers are good enough that you can just load them with basic elements and they can create pretty much any physical object atom by atom?
>>
I bought a $150 case on Amazon and the insulation on one of the panels wasn't cut to size leaving a strip of glue exposed that with time will turn into a strip of dust. Additionally, the acrylic has some fine scratches/smudges on it because it wasn't protected with a film.

Should I complain to amazon and/or return the case? If this were a $50 case I'd be fine with it, but considering that I paid a premium for what is a mass produced case it doesn't seem like I got my money's worth.
>>
Do you think petabyte hard drives will ever catch on for general consumer use? Or are we getting close to the point where exponentially increasing storage just doesn't make practical sense any more?
>>
>>60234548
I remember back when gigabyte drives started catching on and people said there was no way you'd need that much space. People will find ways to waste a ton of space if the space is available. If VR gets more popular it could be an easy culprit for wasting a ton of space with detailed virtual environments, or just the ever-increasing resolution of displays requiring more and more space to store video. Though I guess there is a practical limit to how many pixels you can put on a screen before the human eye can see absolutely no difference, as well.
>>
>>60234511
Alright, so I have the idea of getting a single 8GB 1600mhz stick and calling it a day. However I could instead get the cheaper set of 21600mhz 4GB RAM (which are 'cheaper'), and later when RAM prices go down I could get an 8GB 1600mhz and end up with 12GB. Mainly I don't want to pay the $45 for just 8GB of DDR3 since at that price-point I could just get DDR4. Is this okay?
>>
>>60234590
Do the assets to make a VR environment require more storage space than those to render something similar for traditional displays?
>>
>>60234543
Complain heavily, state that this is a lack of disrespect for you as a computer manager at Micro Center and you bought this for your assistant which had a terrible day at work due to the case.
If you have prime, suck up on the fact that you are paying extra for better Amazon services. Chances are they reimburse the whole value of the case and you get to keep it.
I do it when they piss me off.
>>
>>60234620
no, but you might want to make them more detailed because people can bend down or get very close to it.
>>
>>60234597
You have a prebuilt motherboard that is using backward compatibility RAM.
Skylake can use DDR3 but doesnt meant it should so you have limited options.

RAM prices wont go down because the price fixing thing going on.
If it were a normal build you shouldn't worry at all, but its not.

And since its something you wont upgrade in years i think the 8GB stick will be worth it.
>>
File: hgst_hdd_open.jpg (663KB, 2349x2016px) Image search: [Google]
hgst_hdd_open.jpg
663KB, 2349x2016px
Are these normal hard drive sounds?

It's a sort of loud jolting/clunking noise when performing some tasks, like when it has to load a lot of thumbnails or perform a search in Windows explorer.
>>
>>60234644
Okay, I'll just get the 8GB DDR3 1600hmz which is at $44.

I'll see if Ebay has some of it cheap or something.

Thanks lad
>>
File: speccy.png (34KB, 655x518px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
34KB, 655x518px
Realistically how long will a 1060 6gb be a relevant GPU for 1080p or 2k gaming? How about an i5 6600k?

I'm hoping the CPU will last at least 4-6 years of being good and getting a new GPU in around 2-3 years for this same build.
>>
Can ultrasonic eyeglass cleaners potentially peel the coating from the lenses? Getting a new pair soon and don't want to fuck them up.
>>
>>60234732
>I'm hoping the CPU will last at least 4-6 years of being good and getting a new GPU in around 2-3 years for this same build.
Already answered. Now that in the next two years even the lowest i5 will have 6/8 cores, then 4-6 years for that CPU. Also, if we kept on 4 cores, then it would have last even loger, like the 2500k.
>>
>>60234126
it would take much longer than what you currently have yes. you might consider some other methods like trying to find information about how those hashes are created. sorta just looks like a product key hash there might just be some hashes out there you can borrow
>>
>>60234732
>1080p
5 years maybe?
>2k
1-2 years.

CPU will last 5-6 years with a good OC so i hope you invested in some good HSF.
>>
>>60235018
Thanks anon. I didn't get the best HSF but then again I didn't plan on OC'ing much until after the warranty ran out because I am a gigantic wuss when it comes to worrying about stuff like that. To be fair I did have to RMA the motherboard and PSU because of a surge early on.

I plan on getting a Noctua down the line for a new HSF
>>
>>60235084
>To be fair I did have to RMA the motherboard and PSU because of a surge early on.
Which PSU? Corsair?
>>
>>60235103
Yeah. I have a different model now. The first one that received the surge was a cx650m, now I have an rmx650. Corsair took their sweet, sweet time with the RMA so I suggested they give me a comparable model because I was tired of waiting after 6 weeks, so they sent me the rmx.
>>
Should I root my phone?
Once it's rooted, if I accidentally fuck something up and it won't boot or something, can I easily restore?
>>
Is it possible to make a device that you can wear and it can move your body automatically for you through electrical impulses?

I think that would be hella tight, like I can preprogram macros and then just let the system go to work without me needing to consciously control it.
>>
>>60235253
Rooting just allows you to grant extra permissions to apps that you wouldn't otherwise be able to. As long as you are sensible with what you do after rooting you shouldn't have that much possibility of bricking it or whatever.

Also most phones are fairly easily to reflash from a backup or factory image even if you somehow fuck up the process, as far as I know. But definitely research that process first before you do anything, since it differs depending on what your phone is.

As far as "should I" you might want to ask yourself first what you intend to do when it's rooted. It can be very useful depending on your needs, but there's also a lot you can do with an unrooted phone so it's not like it's a necessity for everyone or something.
>>
File: b1251345c5c6230bd56b3994ad731aad.png (131KB, 1876x827px) Image search: [Google]
b1251345c5c6230bd56b3994ad731aad.png
131KB, 1876x827px
How does desmos produce graphs so fast?
>>
>>60235285
>hella
Fuck off tumblr landwhale, no you cannot have tiny machines work off your disgusting fat for you, electronic shock won't be enough to lift those things up.
>>
File: bogtrump.jpg (66KB, 512x484px) Image search: [Google]
bogtrump.jpg
66KB, 512x484px
on my server I'm running a small service on localhost:8080. How can I set up apache to map this to mydomain.com:8080? I'm using mydomain.com currently for normal web stuff.

Is what I'm trying to do a "reverse proxy"? Or a standard "virtual host" just using a non 80 port?

I suck at sysadmin things
>>
>>60235458
Eh, everyone at the high school I went to used that word and tumblr didn't exist back then (even Facebook wasn't around until my senior year really) so aren't I grandfathered in? Not being able to use a word I like just because other subcultures have since co-opted it would be hella gay.
>>
File: 1460623005667.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1460623005667.png
37KB, 1127x685px
Hey I'm trying to move completely over to using xdcc for hentai/anime and I'm having a ton of trouble getting it to work.

I'm using http://intel.haruhichan.com/ to find the files and then copying the text that it gives me eg.
>/msg aka-san xdcc send #1
However (I didn't try that one it might work) so many of the things I try to download message me back saying the channel doesn't exists or the bot doesn't exist or I'm not in the right channel but it doesn't list the channel name.

I'm verified on Rizon and log in before doing this and I'm generally in #intel #haruhichan #e-hentai #coalgirls #HentaiTake.

">HentaiTake< xdcc send #2500
* HentaiTake :No such nick/channel" is an example of the message I'll get WHILE I'M IN HENTAITAKE. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've used XDCC before and before I could download almost anything by just following the steps I've listed.

Is the intel/rizon packlist out of date or something?
>>
>Trying to flash Moto G
>Connect it on recovery menu
>Stuck on waiting for device
What do?
>>
File: 1374218894255.jpg (27KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
1374218894255.jpg
27KB, 533x388px
I've finished my chat API, what would be the best way to make a web page that can use it? Do I really have to use javascript?
I'm making something like omegle.
>>
Is there any benefit to downloading 2160p videos if I'm playing them back on a 1080p screen?
>>
Can anyone recommend any guides that are really efficient in teaching R quickly?

Looking for undergrad-level scientific competency.
>>
>>60235800
you can also compile another language to js or webassembly, you dont have to write directly in js.

Whats the significance of turing machines, they just seem like arbitrary state machines to me.
Is there any mathematical basis behind them?
>>
i try play game but game no run, it give me error.
>>
I just bought a lego mindstorms kit with the idea of teaching a kid I'm mentoring about robotics.

I can't seem to find a solid solution to using it with linux. Do you guys have any recommendations? Or ways I can use python/ruby APIs? Do I have to use the stupid GUI? If so, should I run it in a VM or just use my macbook?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of recent activity of libraries. I'm hoping because the API hasn't really changed? Do people still play with these things?
>>
>>60235978
try running it in administrator mode.
>>
>>60227558

At what level does an ethernet driver interface with the ethernet controller on a desktop PC?

Does the ethernet controller simply send and receive individual bits with no knowledge of where the packet boundaries are? Thus putting all that responsibility on the driver?

Or does the ethernet controller itself actually have the ability to encode/decode packets, allowing the driver to access the data at a higher level?

For example, would the controller be smart enough to do things like resend corrupt packets? Or is that logic typically in the driver?

I'm talking about a standard ethernet controller that you would find on a desktop PC -- not something that you would find in an expensive high-performance Cisco switch at a data center.
>>
>>60235837
Yes you wont have to download a 2160p version after you upgrade your screen.
>>
Hello, i got a problem on Windows

I use .bat scripts a lot, notably to convert loads of music & video files
I'm countering the following problem. I want to run a .bat script inside my music folder, C:\Music\Album\Artist
Problem is that the script closes immediately upon startup whenever i run it inside of C:\Music, or any subfolder. This doesn't happen if i start it as admin, but that slow down things considerably for me.
Strangely enough, i have another .bat script in C:\Software (another directory that i created myself), but it doesn't need to be ran as admin.

I tried giving Users full control of the whole Music folder, then album & artist folder. Now, i can run the script in C:\Music perfectly fine, but i still can't do it in any of the subfolder, even though i also gave Users full control of those specific subfolders

what do
>>
>>60236130
Do you know what the error is? try putting pause at the end of the script and see what the output is
>>
I have case fans that I've had for a while that have developed some very quiet noises that aren't necessarily normal.

Are there any common household solutions I might be able to apply to the issue? WD40, silicone lube, 3-in-1, etc. I'm both cheap and poor so "just buy new ones" is the answer I'm avoiding.
>>
>>60235800
what language is it written in? I'm a big fan of Flask with Jinja2 templating for the web pages if you're using Python. It's pretty nifty and doesn't require much thought
>>
>>60236159
There's no error, and i already tried that.
It just closes on itself. Empty script, just a pause, just a mkdir, or a regular script: it just closes on itself, unless i start it as admin
>>
File: .jpg (31KB, 519x395px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
31KB, 519x395px
>>60236237
It's actually written in flask. I haven't gotten very far into the book yet, though.
>>
Can a phone charge while in bootloop?

It doesn't look like its charging so i cant flash it.
>>
File: 1490138474023.jpg (74KB, 550x431px) Image search: [Google]
1490138474023.jpg
74KB, 550x431px
Hi guys, I'm having an apparently common problem, but none of the solutions that I've found online worked for me.

The problem is this: I'm running Windows 10 LTSB N on my Thinkpad x220, and sometimes the start and notifications buttons stop working. After a while they work again for a few seconds. Restarting either windows explorer or the Tile Data Layer service fix this, but after a brief moment everything stops working again.

It's fucking annoying, anyone had the same issue before?
>>
Is it just me or is pycharm legitimately dog shit?
I use eclipse as well and while its not perfect it'll load up fine. pycharm on the other hand everything is slow as fuck the whole thing feels laggy.
>>
>>60236268
Hmm, that's odd. It does sound like ermsion isuethen. I dunno, the only thing I can think of is writing a console app to replace the batch file, I know those don't need admin permission to create folders and such.
>>
>>60236432
>ermsion isuethen
Permission issue, sorry I stroked out there
>>
File: ramdell.png (184KB, 1771x787px) Image search: [Google]
ramdell.png
184KB, 1771x787px
Alright guys I have a big problem.
My Dell Desktop Inspiron 3650 that I got for cheap has some weak as trash ram and I cannot find any RAM that supports it (at a decent price).

I literally only found this overpriced junk:

https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=2&Mfr=DEL&Line=Inspiron&Model=93703

If got DDR3 ram at DDR4 prices or higher that would be insane.
After all this is not my main build, it's a spare one and I just want to make it a bit better.
Any ideas?
>>
I want to use my old router as my main and use the adsl as just an internet provider

ADSL (Disabled WIFI and just supplies the internet)===>Old Router (Enabled Wifi/IP Reservation etc)====>Devices (LAN or Through Wifi)

What do?
>>
My computer wont detect my phone when i connect it, what could it be?
>>
File: zimbabwe.png (10KB, 770x423px) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.png
10KB, 770x423px
Hey guys, ganna ask a pretty stupid question

I live at home with a pretty big family and I'm trying to get a vpn so I can torrent Malaysian textile articles without my ISP being a dick to me.

If I have a router dedicated to all of my devices and pump my traffic over to Zimbabwe with a VPN the traffic before my router (router #2) shouldn't be affected at all correct?

Pic is a diagram of how I think my vpn should work
>>
>>60228007
check in process hacker
>>
Pic related has been happening recently. How do I find which driver is causing the blue screen?
>>
>>60237049
>No INFO
did you drop it or something?
>>
>>60237057
nope
>>
>>60237067
Could you give more info?

This is when you boot or randomly when you use it?
>>
>>60237085
randomly when I use it. At least it seems random. First and second time was just watching youtube. Third time was downloading an episode (no it wasnt a virus - I redownloaded the same file after I rebooted.

Also getting black screen (not blue screen) after a few minutes of gaming then the PC sounds like its reving
>>
>>60237132
Run MEMTEST86+.
>>
>>60236845
Connect to the ADSL and use a browser to go to the local configuration webpage where you should be able to turn off the wifi. The address is probably something like http://192.168.254.254/
Check the manual for the router to find the right local address, default user name and password.
After that, all you have to do is connect your old router to the new one with an Ethernet cable and it should work.
>>
>>60237144
will try.
>>
I need some kind of cloud backup. Should I use Dropbox, Onedrive, or something else? Don't really care about botnet, it's not private data.
>>
File: 1487255387154.png (47KB, 405x115px) Image search: [Google]
1487255387154.png
47KB, 405x115px
What are these new type of Youtube ads and how do I get rid of them?
>>
I dont get the second part, i want the the old router to work to work its function and not disable its DHCP, also do i connect it to the WAN port or the other LAN ports?
>>
>>60237234
This mean for this>>60237154
>>
Unlocking a bootloader means rooting?
>>
>>60237255
>>60237234
When I did this on my network, I just connected the ADSL LAN to the router's WAN and I didn't have to do anything other than turn off the new router's wifi.
>>
>>60237201
Those aren't exactly ads, those are suggested by the guy who put up the video.
>>
>>60237569
He didn't put that up and doesn't run any ads on his channel. On top of having ads disabled with ublock. I really doubt he'd bother placing ads on the 10 views on average he gets. Let alone for shitty phone games.
>>
>>60237685
Weird, maybe I'm thinking of that other notification thing with only text. I know you /can/ suggest videos like that somehow.
Hmm.
>>
Alright this shit is driving me insane, i flashed my phone to fix this problem but its still happening.

When i turn my phone on it enters in a no command bootloop, what could cause it?

Moto G 2013.
>>
I have an Asus MX239h monitor and one of my HDMI ports seems to have just stopped working out of the blue. I've tried different cables and ruled out any issues with the input devices (PC and PS4). Is there anything I could do or am I fucked?
>>
I am going to time travel. I will live in Pittsburgh from 1995 to 2010. How can I get a computer? How can I become super tech savvy/nerdy? How can I learn everything possible about computers ie programming etc? How can I make a lot of money? Any ideas for startups that would work? I'm sorry if it seems like a question so stupid it doesn't belong here.
>>
Can someone explain to me the basic parts needed in a Gentoo installation to get the bootloader to fire? No matter what I try I cannot get anything on boot. I have followed all the steps closely and am beginning to think there must be a bug or hardware problem at this point. Third try from scratch with varying BIOS/UEFI MBR/GPT
>>
>>60237819
Install Gentoo
>>
how do I downsample with AMD?
>>
Is it true that cats are in danger of becoming extinct within the next thirty years?
>>
>>60237942
No, but bananas are. And tequila.
>>
>>60227558
Anyone ever upgraded a Latitude E5420 or similar to a quad core? I know it's socket and chipset compatible, but I'm worried about BIOS compatibility and cooling because all the processors that shipped in this model are 35W and all the Sandy Bridge quad cores are 45W.
>>
>>60237753
Update:
It managed to boot into the water motorola logo, how much time it should take to fully boot?
>>
>>60237942
No.
>>
I need a laptop for

>Coding in my senior college CS classes
>Music production
>Light gaming

Could I get away with a sicc ultrabook or would it perish quickly under the strain? I'd heavily prefer a 13' inch but i understand a 15' is more realistic for what I need.
>>
>>60238163
Damn, I want a 15 foot laptop
>>
>>60237234
You want to put the ADSL into bridging mode, or at least disable DHCP/Nat. You'll be connecting it to the old router's WAN port. Unless old router is good with passthrough, you'll need to get all its settings right before attaching old router. You'll also want to enter your PPPoE login info into old router if your ISP uses pppoe in you area.

Don't do this >>60237513 It's terrible on your latency/nat forwarding.
>>
any decent scanning applications? I have a wide format scanner that I use for scanning magazines, but the default Epson program is kinda shitty
looked into PaperPort but I don't know if it's worth getting
>>
>>60238135
Second update, it fully booted, but Wifi wont turn on.
>>
How do I get a PS4 controller to work on PC without that shitty DS4Windows program? I've had it working before, might've been drivers or something.
>>
Would multithreading speed up multiple file reads? Each file has around 15-25 lines and there are a LOT of files.
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BhLsf8

Hey guys here's my PC part picker build. what fps will I get in league without telling you what monitor I have? also what custom rom should I put on my chink phone so I can still watch anime after bed time?
>>
>>60238213
https://launchpad.net/simple-scan
I don't know if it does wide format scanning (though it does have an "automatic" page size) but that's what I use (Ubuntu) with my Epson scanner and have no problems with it.
>>
>>60238252
If you're reading from an SSD, it will probably help, but HDDs read sequentially so it won't go much faster. It depends what logic you are doing between the reads. If there's a lot for the program to do, then multithreading would help in both cases.
>>
>>60238273
I think you'll struggle to get 60fps with that build anon, you need more ram
>>
>>60238273
Pirate Windows 10 2016 LTSB.
5700 AUD and no Poptarts? not even fairy bread?
>>
>>60237819
Help me please. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>60238281
thanks, man. I'll have to find some [babby's first] linux emulator so that I can try it out
>>
>>60238331
are you writing a book or just schizo?

either way, you can buy a computer at a store. like you go to the store and then buy one. It'll be expensive for what you get. look up some super bowl winners, bet your savings, and put your feet up.
>>
>>60238353
the emulator (a VM) is almost certainly going to give you big issues with hardware access

just boot from a live ubuntu (babbys first like you said) USB or CD, you don't have to install the OS if you just want to try it out.
>>
Heres my current set up

ADSL/WIFI/ROUTER---->ROUTER------>Devices

How do i optimized the speed from the 2nd router, cause it seems like its cutting alot of bandwidth speed. compared to the first router/adsl
>>
File: solitaire-logo.png (91KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
solitaire-logo.png
91KB, 1200x630px
Really stupid question:

What's the most sophisticated handheld Solitaire game/electronic device on the market? I have an aging mother that likes to play this handheld Solitaire game from the 90s when in the bed (and on the toilet), and she refuses to use her smartphone or tablet. Hers broke after years and years.

What's the best self-contained handheld Solitaire game that money can buy?
>>
>>60238208
I seem to do this guys opinion and now this happened>>60238405
>>
>>60238405
the only reason to use that 2nd router is if it's faster or if the wifi has better range. check the specs, you might not need it.

if it's faster on paper, you can try bridging your modem/router combo so that it only acts as a modem. look up "<modem model> bridging." that can give you better performance. Also ADSL sucks but at least it ain't satellite.
>>
>>60238444
Its a fiber adsl and also lacks features thats why i wanna use the old router.
>>
what's the dumbest question ever asked in /sqt/ history

/his/ here btw
>>
>>60237819
>>60238331
Assuming you were picked for Zephyr-Swiss you're a fucking idiot for posting about it on the web, and even dumber if you're not behind a VPN.

You might want to back out of it if you can. Three people picked in the NAC died.
>>
>>60238444
Can a TP Link MR-3220 hanlde a 100mbps speed?
>>
>>60238380
oh yeah that's true. I can just get a bootable flashdrive
any benefit to using the SCSI port, since it's an option?
>>
>>60238507
100Mbps*
>>
>>60238507
Not really. And especially if there's a lot of competing wifi around. If your devices can use 5ghz that would be better. And trying to run 100mpbs over 10/100 lan is a bad idea.
>>
Deadbeef keeps forgetting my hotkeys, they're not changed, I just need to re apply them with the "apply" button.
What's the fix?
>>
>>60227558
How do I get mpv to name the screenshots with the name of the file is playing?
>>
How can I find out if the CSS I wrote is any good beyond "well, it works in all the important browsers".?
>>
>>60238572
Theres a bridge mode for my ADLS/Router which is thank fucking god, but im not sure if the speed would be okay for the other devices connecting to the 2nd Router.

If the ADSL/Router has features that i need honestly i wont even bother using that old router.

Either way thanks.
>>
>>60238496
MGX is that you?
This line is secure - they won't find me.
>>
Holy shit this is driving me nuts.

>Flash Moto G XT1032 firmware
>Everything works
>But no WIFI

mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img

mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3

mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

The fuck im doing wrong.
>>
What's the best video player to watch my animu on, and why? The common ones I hear are Kawaii Codec Pack, and MPV.
>>
I have a video file of an episode of a TV show in one language and a lower quality file of it in another language. I want to merge them into a dual audio MKV using the higher quality video; do the audio files need to be the exact same duration?
>>
>>60239000
not really, depends how you do it. ffmpeg will give you a file that stops playback on the last video frame, even if the audio track is longer. more robust video editors should let you change things like insert black frames at the end, but you should be wary of minor scene revisions here and there throwing a wrench in the whole thing.
>>
>>60239000
Set the Movie to whatever language

Convert it into a shitty MP3

Convert again into a HD without sounds

Merge two with shitty mp3 thatwas converted from the original video with whatever audio language you set and that HD MKV

Ya done
>>
cheapest chromebook I can get online with at least 4 GB ram, 1080p screen, hdmi, linux support, and cpu that won't shit the bed for basic use?
>>
how do i center workspace numbers in my i3 bar?
>>
>>60239034
>>60239058
thank
will try in a little bit
>>
why wont private internet access install on my main pc? no matter how i open the installer it just flashes a quick box and disappears so i never make it to the installer setup
>>
This is probably gonna be more stupid than the usual questions here but I don't know a better place to ask.

What's the best wiki site? I want to make a wiki but all the ones I visit seem to run like shit. What's a nice, clean, easy to edit wiki site that'll let me make a nice little wiki for free?
>>
So I haven't done anything with the bios of my mobo since I've gotten it, but for some reason the option to use iGPU multi monitor has disappeared. I don't use my second monitor often so after cleaning my computer last time I never re-enabled it, but now I've gone through ever possible menu and can't find anything.

What should I do?
>>
i want to submit a music demo to a bunch of record labels and i have accumulated a list of about 200 or so emails.

what is the best way to go about sending an email with an mp3 attachment from my gmail account without it getting picked up as spam on the recipients server?
>>
I miss when these threads were active.
>>
im trying to convince my friend to buy a mic and headphones instead of a gaming headset. his budget is $100 prefers over ear headphones.

so what, for $100 or less, is the best combination of closed ear headphones and mic that delivers better than headset quality? (domestic US cause chink shipping is too much time)
>>
>>60239415
If you don't even know the answer yourself then why are you trying to convince him of what to do with his own damn money?
>>
>>60235460
i use proxy_pass (and accociated options) for that in nginx
>>
>>60239415
>mic and headphones
are we talking like a table top mic?
>>
>>60239310
i suppose you could try sending it to yourself or a friend to see if it's picked up by gmails' or your friend's providers' spam filter
>>
>>60239415
honestly in that price range his best option is a hyper x cloud 2 headset. theyre gaymer but value af
>>
>>60239467
yeah. i needs to plug into his PC to use during voice chat and the like.

>>60239435
because i know "gayming headsets" are like laptops. trading cost and quality for convenience.
>>
>>60239508
i still dont see why a gayman headset is out of the question.

having a table top mic is great if hes streaming or youtubing.
>>
>>60239552
hes part of a community of voice recording so a decent mic is literally why hes buying
>>
>>60239585
>hes part of a community of voice recording
what? what exactly are they recording? songs and podcasts?
>>
>>60239620
podcasts is a good term. but its basically msa on /soc/. just like doing script recordings and short stories and the like with a lot of voice chat and stuff.
>>
My >Windows 10 keeps doing this, but on random occassions like now my entire explorer/start menu is unclickable, nothing responds. Is there something to cut this out?
>>
What's the simplest way to backup programs in win10 and reinstall on a clean install? I'm replacing the HDD.
>>
I have 2 vertical lines (one of pink color and the other blue) on my monitor. Is my monitor rip?
>>
>>60239770
If you are using VGA or DVI no, its the cable.

If its DVI-I, HDMI or displayport, yes.
>>
>>60239782
VGA. I touched one of the lines, it vanished and then came back later. So I'm sure its the monitor. Should I replace the whole monitor or just some part of it?
>>
So can someone tellme if I should buy ATX or mATX? First build. I will have 2 2tb harddisks and one external ssd. One graphics card (1080ti) and ryzen 1700, with 16 to 32gb of ram (not sure yet).
>>
>>60239829
ATX if you wont move it.
>>
>>60239848
I'm going to move it between college and home. Is there a pc building guide which explains what all ports in a motherboard do?
>>
after updating mpv-git earlier today, I've found that trying to adjust the volume at all results in a segfault, as do a few other options.
running mpv in terminal gives me this error;
[osd/libass] [0x7f4de0d204e0]: Warning: no style named 'Default' found

Running mpv without any config files results in the same errors.
Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Using Manjaro.
>>
>>60239960
wat
ports have nothing to do with DNS
he already has a "mydomain.com", he can host whatever he wants on it on whatever port he wants without touching DNS
>>
>>60235460
>>60235460
You need to point your domain NS records to a free DNS provider, then create an A record for https://www.mydomain.com:8080 to your public IP, a redirect for http:// to https://, then forward port 8080 to your server, which should have a static DHCP reservation on your router. If your public IP changes, you may need a dymanic DNS service too. It would be much cheaper and better to host this in AWS.
>>
>>60239872
logicalincrements.com
>>
>>60235460
if you want to host it at :8080, then you don't need to do anything at all, just allow 8080 through your servers' firewall to expose port 8080
you only need to run it through apache if you want to do something else to it (auth? caching? filtering in some way? etc)
>>
Is Intellij idea open source/free software?
>>
A family member slopped water on my keyboard. It's a cheap old model but I'm autistically attached to it. It started acting up, but will it sort itself out if I let it dry a few days? I already swapped in an old backup one that I don't like. Basically if I hit certain letters I get an extra letter in there. The phrase "Wake me up inside" becomes "WQsakwqe mwqe up insaisadewq"
>>
I'm looking for a really lightweight OS for my 6 year old laptop (i7-2760QM, 8GB RAM, Windows 7) Currently thinking of trying Lubuntu on Virtualbox before installing. Can you /g/uys please recommend some other alternatives. Thank you very much.
>>
>>60228339
I like FastStone
>>
>>60240131
pull out the keys and wipe all the water off and let it dry. i think there is some conduction between two keys which is why you're facing this issue.
>>
>>60228339
I'm using faststone. pretty good image viewer.
>>
>>60240145
Debian with XFCE, LXDE or KDE. Ubuntu is just a shittier version of Debian. Make sure you get an .iso with nonfree firmware included because your wifi card probably requires it.
>>
>>60240162
I pulled it apart and wiped down any moisture I could find before putting it back together. It doesn't look like there's anything in there to actually get fried, at least not in the area where the water spilled. So it should be okay if it dries fully, right?
>>
File: 1491416923793.jpg (145KB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1491416923793.jpg
145KB, 1000x1412px
Now that nyaa is dead what should I be using to torrent my animus?
>>
Why is windows the only god damn OS to be like "LOL fuck you! you gotta do a disk check!"
I've noticed NO OTHER OPERATING SYSTEM DOES THIS. why?

Why do tenda wifi adapters get retarded hot?

>>60239415
I'm using Skullcandy using Skullcandy Plyr gaming headset for most everything now. Really comfy.

Mics on headphones don't honestly suck if you buy decent ones, plus this has a mute button on the outside.

>>60240214
baka bt is ok but I just search extra and the bay.
>>
>>60240179
This is my first time with Linux. I tried Ubuntu just recently and in overconfidence I installed it over my Windows. But Ubuntu was maxing out my CPU usage to 100% and I couldn't find solutions online which is why I'm being careful this time. On the wiki it said Debian is for users with experience. It's not that big a deal right?
>>
>Flash moto g xt1032 because bootloop
>Do it wont boot
>Use 5.0.2 firmware instead
>wont boot
>Use 5.1 again
>Works
>But no Wifi
Why the fuck is this happening.
How do you even fix this.
>>
>>60230982
mercadolibre?????????????
>>
File: 1486907357336.jpg (40KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486907357336.jpg
40KB, 512x384px
how do i check if file lies on bad sectors on linux? because i know i have them desu
>>
>>60240239
debian is really pretty easy, just get the right iso and netinstall.
>>
>>60240254
Are you originally flashing from 4.4.4 or something?
I upgraded to 6.0 and had to flash both firmware and radio.
Wi-Fi/4G didn't work until then.

Or is it only your Wi-Fi not working?
(I'm running IDCrisis.)
>>
>>60240327
From 5.1.
SIM was detected but i didn't try to check or make calls.

Honestly outside using fastboot to flash i have no idea what im doing anymore.
>>
>>60240371
You might need radio firmware, then.
I know that when I flashed my second xt1045 it failed to connect to network.
IIRC, it did the same thing where the SIM was recognized but no calling/SMS.

I did my flashing via TWRP, not fastboot. I never had much success with it because I'm dumb, I guess.

Try this?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2649763
>>
>>60240453
I have a XT1032, exactly what would i need?

I did something with that but ended fucking my android install and had to flash it again.
>>
>>60240487
I assume
> 3112.97.00R - Google Play Edition (GPE)

Right?

I open TWRP, copy it trough MTP and run it?

Also could you explain me what is /persist? I noticed it last time i used TWRP.
>>
>>60240239
>On the wiki it said Debian is for users with experience.
You will probably have to dig just a tiny bit deeper to find posted solutions for encountered problems, and possibly use the command line a little more often to get things to work, but don't let that put you off.

You will definitely see some CPU usage drop when you run a Debian system compared to it's Ubuntu counterpart.
>>
>>60240516
>> 3112.97.00R - Google Play Edition (GPE)
That's the firmware for the kernel.
Since your phone is running fine right now (except for Wi-Fi) that's not what you want.
You could upgrade the kernel later on if you like.
There are certain benefits, like battery improvement or higher clock speeds.
But that's for later.

What you want is the radio firmware underneath that. Choose the version you need. I'm assuming the one you need is based on where you bought the phone from and not actually where are located (e.g. buying a German phone but you live in U.S)

You can copy it through MTP and run it, yes.

Sorry, I don't know what /persist is. I'm unfamiliar with it.
>>
How can I get jdownloader to download specific files using different proxies?
>>
>>60240516
>>60240618
Whoops, ignore the first part.
I misread the the version number.
You did select the radio firmware in your post.
My mistake.

I'm not using the GPE firmware on my phone, but if yours needs it, then that's the right one.
I'm running the Retail US on mine.
>>
>>60240644
Well my phone is from a Mexican carrier so i had my doubts about using the US version.

And i use google software since i dont care about privacy when it comes to phones.

I will continue tomorrow and i hope this will solve it.
Thanks for your help.
>>
File: Masaki 1.png (105KB, 343x471px) Image search: [Google]
Masaki 1.png
105KB, 343x471px
>>60239270
Again for this.

I've reinstalled the Intel HD Driver shit and it hasn't changed anything. Probably should have mentioned a P8Z77-V Pro and i5 3570k.
>>
>>60240732
US version might work because of telecommunication companies sharing/borrowing towers across U.S., Canada, and Mexico.

But hey, if it fails you only need to flash it again. Ez-Pz.
>>
What are some neat things I could do with my fancy laptop that folds into a tablet?

A touchscreen emulator would be cool, or cool multitouch games (hopefully free) to check out.. just wondering. I haven't used touchscreen on Windows in ears.

I tried posting this while using handwriting instead of keyboard and it sucked. Even typing on the on screen display can be ridiculous. If I had a desk I guess it's okay.
>>
File: Screenshot_10.png (77KB, 668x481px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.png
77KB, 668x481px
Why can't I install anything when I try to install xorg on void? I keep getting this error.
>>
>>60240876
Is the error you speak of not being able to download packages, or libgbm not being found thereby stopping this update you are doing?
Can you still install other packages not dependent on libgm, is basically my question.
>>
>>60240919
Do you know any packages without ?
>>
>>60240919
I just installed i3status and that worked so it must be just whatever that it that's stopping me from installing it
>>
>>60241002
Oh, unavailable dependencies, you so crazy!

It sucks when it happens. Last time I had this similar problem I had to wait a day for the package to become accessible one again.
>>
>>60240151
>>60240172
Interesting. Imma check it out, but does it have a minimal window scheme?
>>
>>60241033
So just wait then? How long can it take?
>>
>>60241056
>>60240959
Asking my questions here too.
>>
What about torrents makes it so hard to make a good client? uTorrent 2.2.1 is old as fuck and still one of the better options. I constantly hear about how Transmission isn't great, and Deluge randomly uses fuck-huge CPU loads. Is there something about torrents that makes it hard to make a good client, or is it the demographics that are submitting the code?
>>
>>60228007
Look up sysinternals, replace task manager with process explorer, and make sure the process is actually killed
>>
>>60240870
Not all 2-1 tablets are made for drawing/writing.

Mostly? Reading.
Books, manga, whatever.
>>60241105
>Tfw Azureus was perfect then the developers went full jew on steroids
They added bloat, more bloat, useless bloat then ads and more bloat

If Linux use transmission.
If windows deluge.
>>
>>60241105
qbittorrent and deluge are both great options. I stopped upgrading utorrent past 2.2.x a long time ago, then I heard the news they implement silent btc miners in their latest releases so I switched and never looked back. Qbittorrent is currently doing the job for me.
>>
>>60240220
Only time my system does a disk check is when I explicitly run chkdsk. Something in your system is probably borked and triggering a chkdsk. Also, why the all caps rage?
>>
>>60240113
https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/#chooseYourEdition
>>
File: layton.gif (972KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
layton.gif
972KB, 300x200px
Okay, this was new. My PC has been freezing lately. This time, it froze, but the music kept playing without issue.
I couldn't move the cursor, keyboard stopped responding.
When I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, the music completely shat into a buzzing sound and I hard reset, but before that, the music kept playing perfectly, despite the system being frozen.

What component might be causing this issue?
>>
Would a portfolio website ending in .co seem professional? Or is it a "get a .com no matter the cost" type of situation?
>>
>>60241269
i doubt anyone would care unless it ended with .cock or something
>>
>>60241269
avoid .biz , .info , . ck and any uncommon ones unless it is a good wordplay. .co is fine
>>
>>60241299
>>60241321
Okay, thanks senpaitachi.
>>
Windows 8.1
hard drive full but i know i havent installed 120gb of stuff. What gives?
>>
How do i transfer the same version of a program from one win 7 rig to another without losing the license in the process
>>
What's the least bloated GUI browser? I don't need "dev features", tabs or bookmarks. Less shit while preserving how the websites actually look is what I'm looking for. So?
>>
>>60241580
effectively you don't.
most programs try to hide this information very well, so unless you know where it stores it forget it.
>>
File: 1493934141382.jpg (407KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1493934141382.jpg
407KB, 2048x2048px
Lads can someone recommend me a ryzen build for under 400 bucks
>>
Would it really be worth it buying an old Xeon X5650 and overclocking it, compared to buying it new?
What are some godly coolers for X5650, and what's a good site to find highly rated overclockable motherboards from?
>>
why does my tenda wif usb card get so hot it can and has burned me?
>>
why do some open-source projects by this corporation that makes an operating system (not really relevant) require a contributor license agreement but some don't?

is there a reason for it, like do they make money off the ones that do require it?
>>
>>60240214
https://animetosho.org/
>>
File: 1493436492093.jpg (14KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1493436492093.jpg
14KB, 253x199px
>>60241646
>>60241646
So i've found a decent build for around 450 bucks (my current CPU came out initially almost 8 years ago

Still i don't know if it's really worth it

I could sell all my old hardware and upgrade my GPU on top of it after i got the new rig and set it all up

What's a good price for a ryzen build anyways? Also will the ryzen 1400 be decent enough without overclocking a couple years down the road
>>
>>60241726
>The purpose of a CLA is to ensure that the guardian of a project's outputs has the necessary ownership or grants of rights over all contributions to allow them to distribute under the chosen license. In some cases this will mean that the contributor will assign the copyright in all contributions to the project owner; in other cases, they will grant an irrevocable licence to allow the project maintainer to use the contribution. CLAs also have roles in raising awareness of IPR issues within a project
>>
File: 1456621427070.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
1456621427070.png
551KB, 964x912px
Why does wellsfargo.com make something in my PC click? I think it's the sound card, because it's the same noise as when I disable that in Device Manager. What's happening?
>>
>>60242034
i read the wikipedia page too but it didn't make it any less unclear

what about the projects that don't require it

what's their reason for not requiring it for some projects
>>
>>60232804
You're autist.
>>
>>60242088
do you have an example repository?
I can't find any that don't require signing one where you could actually contribute code instead of just documentation.
>>
I tried to power on a computer from 2003. Nothing happens but if I hold power down, I start to smell something burning. What's causing this?
>>
File: a.png (24KB, 378x246px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
24KB, 378x246px
>>60242162
just the nvidia detonator drivers starting, nothing to be concerned about
>>
>>60241789
What are you currently using?
From what I've read so far, the 1400 should be fine for many years
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.