[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 27

File: john-mccarthy.png (413KB, 542x506px) Image search: [Google]
john-mccarthy.png
413KB, 542x506px
Previous thread: >>60146297

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
G cant code n r full of virgins

Js dev chad out
>>
nth for any progress on your project?
>>
Setting the framework for an AI w/ python that I hope will eventually be capable of playing portal.
>>
>>60148982
chad doesn't write javascript, chad is in sales and can't use a computer aside from applications. you're a hipster named josh who gets friendzoned by his alt female friends with gauges and dyed hair
>>
>>60149027
Anyone can right jshit
>>
>>60149040
write

wow
>>
>>60148982
>>60148999
>>60149006
>>60149027
>>60149040
>>60149071
Let's just say I cringed pretty hard while reading this.
>>
>>60147201
do you understand what % is used for in makefiles?
since "kernel.bin" doesn't have a % in it make doesn't know what to replace in %.o and takes it literally.
>>
>>60148976
that the KFC guy?
>>
>>60149130
Modulo?
>>
>>60148976
writing an ncurses hex editor

Why is it that everyone only teaches your average linked-lists, trees, stacks and hashtables in data structures and then stop there?
Why not teach spantables or gap-buffers or something else?
>>
How the hell do you do arrays in Marie assembly and call them element by element without making individual variables for each element in the array?
>>
Holy shit. What is it?
https://github.com/notwaldorf/tiny-care-terminal
>>
>>60149228
Because you only took Datastructures and Algorithms 1.
There's only so much time in any one course.
>>
how the fuck am I supposed to program in lisp on windows? I'm not using fucking emacs, and the shitty available ides don't just work
>>
>>60149372
>I'm not using fucking emacs
Why not?
>>
>>60149372
Install emacs.
>>
>>60149343
cute
>>
>>60149372
You can use emacs like a regular IDE, mostly.
crotone zentrum
>>
>>60149343
nice one
Adorable and the author is adorable
>>
>>60149372
LispWorks
>>
>>60149418
>>60149394
>>60149386
I'm not the autistic kind of person who prefers keyboard commands over mouse clicks
>>
>>60149432
Dont tell me you really go up to the menu options to click compile each time.
>>
>>60149432
You want to program with your mouse. Here something for you
https://scratch.mit.edu/
>>
>>60149432
Your kind doesn't belong here.
>>
>>60149470
kek
>>
>>60149491
I code a game in the past with that.
>>
java is better than python, c, c++, objective-c, haskell, lisp or any of its derivatives, rust, or ocaml

and by the way, windows is better than linux

now look here, at the end of the day performance doesn't matter and neither does space efficiency. the only thing that matters, is usability. the only question about any tool that matters at all, is, "is this tool usable enough for me to use it to create a tool that surpasses it in usability, without sacrificing an absolutely unreasonable and unrealistic amount of my time and effort."
>>
>>60149454
I do
>>
>>60149498
then by your definition of usability Java is less usable. Haskell, Rust, Lisp, and OCaml enable me to design and implement a replacement language faster than Java would allow.
>>
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/18997849/
Pretty good. I think I'm going to use it.
>>
>>60149541
Do you still use flash?
>>
>>60149498
>at the end of the day performance doesn't matter
So that's why things like Atom exist. It' nice to load a fucking V8 using several hundreds of memory to edit a fucking txt file, isn't it.
>>
>>60149553
I don't know what "flash" is. Never heard of it actually.
>>
been learning C for two weeks now!

is there a best way to do this?
char *result(char *op1, char *op2)
{
if (!strcmp(op, "integer") && !strcmp(op2, "integer")) {
return "integer";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "integer") && !strcmp(op2, "double")) {
return "double";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "integer") && !strcmp(op2, "boolean")) {
return "error";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "integer") && !strcmp(op2, "error")) {
return "error";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "double") && !strcmp(op2, "integer")) {
return "double";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "double") && !strcmp(op2, "double")) {
return "double";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "double") && !strcmp(op2, "boolean")) {
return "error";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "double") && !strcmp(op2, "error")) {
return "error";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "boolean") && !strcmp(op2, "integer")) {
return "error";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "boolean") && !strcmp(op2, "double")) {
return "error";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "boolean") && !strcmp(op2, "boolean")) {
return "boolean";
} else if (!strcmp(op, "boolean") && !strcmp(op2, "error")) {
return "error";
}
}
>>
>>60149541
i tried to make a basic regex implementation in scratch once.

fuck that shit bruh.
>>
>>60149568
Nigga, you trolling or dumb?
>>
>>60149498
>now look here, at the end of the day performance doesn't matter and neither does space efficiency. the only thing that matters, is usability.
Not applying to µcs, os development, and many other fields.

If you want to post some sort of undeniable truth you should've gone with: "Use the right tool for the Job".
>>
File: 1396134872018.png (111KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1396134872018.png
111KB, 453x599px
>>60149613
Neither.
>>
File: C8CqgfbW0AIwmHM.jpg (164KB, 963x1444px) Image search: [Google]
C8CqgfbW0AIwmHM.jpg
164KB, 963x1444px
>>60149613
>>
>>60149617
>"Use the right tool for the Job".
Which would completely defeat the whole purpose of his post since Java isn't the right tool for any job.
>>
>>60149606
>is there a best way to do this?
Don't fucking do it that way. If you ever have to write shit like that, you've done something wrong.
>>
>>60149606
Make a table of (op1, op2, result) triples and loop through them.
>>
Writing a scratch self-interpreter.
>>
>>60149684
is Scratch turing complete?
>>
>>60149701
Yes.
>>
>>60149701
Yeah, basically anything which has conditionals and looping most likely is.
>>
>>60149676
Effectively the same logic. Makes it more easily extensible, but little more.
>>
>>60149606
can your strings op1 and op2 be anyhting that isnt
integer
, double, or
boolean
? if not, then you dont need fake case switches; rather you compare for string inequality, then return either of the string values should the be equal to return what they are.

i dont know c, so bear with the bullshit

if (!op1 == op2) {
/*prelim fucking off*/
return "error";
} else if {
/*now we know they match, so they must me one of the strings we want*/
return op1
}
>>
>>60149751
wait i think im actually retarded
>>
>>60149606
boolean & anything not boolean = error

do that first, it eliminates all other checks for boolean.

Next, double & int in any order = double.
double & double = double
Finally, int & int = int.

To make your life easier, make a function to convert an op-string to an int so you can more easily manipulate them (use in switch statements, or create bitmasks, etc).
enum {
OP_INT,
OP_DOUBLE,
};

int ophash(char *op)
{
if (strcmp(op, "integer") == 0)
return OP_INT;
else if (strcmp(op, "double") == 0)
return OP_DOUBLE;
}

char *result(char *op1, char *op2)
{
int h1 = ophash(op1);
int h2 = ophash(op2);

// much easier to sort out the truth table now
}
>>
I live in an area with a lot of small - medium sized game studios, usually working on mobile and Unity stuff but often some more well-known games as well. Good entry level jobs basically.

Basically, I'm in a decent place if I want a job in game development. But I'm lazy, so should I just Odin Project my way into a webdev job instead? I pick up web concepts really fucking easily and it's a lot more relaxed to me than game programming.
>>
Can I get some help with php/sql code here, or is this the OOP cool kids club?
>>
>>60149606
If possible don't use strings.
If the user or a file provides them as strings immediately convert them to int, preferably using an enum.
This would get rid of all those fucking strcmp calls.
After that you might be able to have some sort of hybrid between type and flags. maybe a flag for floating point and integer or something.
>>
>>60149634
>feigning
i'd be suprised if someone who uses linux asked what bash was
>>
>>60149606

These are the correct answer.
>>60149793
>>60149769
>>
>>60149773
My bud has moved from gamedev to webdev (studio + freelance) recently. Much happier now. Told me that his gamedev job was either boring and tedious tasks writing utility tools for level designers of fucked up 13h+ release crunches. AI/graphics fellas seem to have interesting tasks tho

OTOH, if the gamedev ecosystem is rich around you, maybe you'll get a ton of experience working there. We hired a team of 3 guys once, they had similar issues with gamedev work culture and switched to our shop (not gamedev nor webdev). Although they were lacking some skills, they were battle-hardened as fuck. Disciplined, reliable. You could say that we were lazy sloths compared to them

Idk man, just like follow your heart or something
>>
Should I even have a separate type for operators and primitives in my AST?
>>
>>60149606
This shitty code makes me wonder if a compiler is capable of optimizing it.

For each check, two strcmps are done to see if the condition is met. Successive comparisons of the string to the same string are redundant. It CAN be optimized to avoid such a large cost so that at the very most it checks against every string in the set at most once, instead of 2*number_of_comparisons.

If the program didn't need the interpretation of the type later in the program hashing the type and representing it with a enumerated type would be an unnecessary step and less optimal (because it would then still have to do more checks for such logic).

Unfortunately, the compiler may or may not be able to infer if the strcmp function mutates the [/code]op[/code] pointer, meaning that it cannot perform common subexpression evaluation. Even then, it doesn't know that the four type strings are the universe, so it still has to check for the "other" type. And even then the decision tree for the circuit could be optimized. For example: boolean & !boolean => error. That reduces the logic making it smaller and faster. Sadly, because of C's semantics, no additional optimizations can be made.

Also, I'd assume compilation would be very slow if all decision trees had to be optimized seeing as it's probably an exponential problem. If I'm remembering correctly, something like this happens in some compilers when all assumptions can be made, but it uses a heuristic algorithm, can anyone back that up?
>>
are there even beginner C jobs?
>>
>>60148976
Thank you for not using an anime image
>>
what's the fastest way of comparing strings in C?
>>
>>60150230
strcmp.
>>
>>60150230
for (int i = 0; i < str.length; i++) {
if (str[i] - otherString[i] != 0) break;
}
>>
>>60150180

The only time I have ever seen a beginner C job posted, the wages were in per hour units, and they were fairly shitty (I don't even think I've seen Indians get paid that low).

>>60150230

strcmp, but even faster is to not compare strings at all.
>>
>>60150276
>str.length
>C
>>
>>60150294
But that's what I learned at my bootcamp.
>>
>>60150276
It blows my mind that you've written fully functioning Java code and thought it was C.

Are you Indian?
>>
>>60148976
Final project in systems programming. I am trying to think how to implement a timeout function to imitate timeout on command line. I have to use system calls and cannot use anything like system().
>>
>>60150361
Well wtf is the OS?
>>
>>60149634
This is my mode of thinking. I hate assholes who refuse to be inclusive to newcomers.
>>
>>60150390
Linux
>>
@60150402
go back to plebbit
>>
>>60150427
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/alarm.2.html
Learning to be able to effectively use Google is probably the most useful skill you'll obtain in college. Don't let me do your work from now on.
>>
help a stupid anon out >>60149972
>>
>>60150276
lel
>>
>>60150456
I was looking into alarm, I just don't know how a child process would catch that.
>>
>>60149568
I'm starting to feel old.
Flash is still a thing. Html 5 isn't even that old now. It's still new.
>>
>>60150487
Seems like you know the question, so why don't you ask it?
>>
>>60149684
How do you do a multidimensional array in scratch?
>>
>>60150465
Tell me this
float p[5];

What is p?
>>
How neccessary is it to explicitly flush stdout in C? I have a program that calls putchar() to display a prompt symbol, and immediately after reads the user input into a buffer using gets(). However, when I compile and run the program, it shows absolutely nothing. If I modify it with a fflush(stdout) after the putchar() but before the gets(), it works as intended. But why is this? I know stdout isn't always flushed on an output call, but isn't it required to do so before reading input? Without the fflush call, my program doesn't even read input at all when I type in and press enter, it just sits there doing nothing in an infinite loop.
>>
>>60150550
>How neccessary is it to explicitly flush stdout in C?
asking the real questions
>>
>>60150549
array of 6 floats?
>>
what's the slowest way of comparing strings in C?
>>
>>60150524
If I set signal to a function, how do I pass in the pid of the process I want to kill in that function?
>>
>>60150547
make a regular array and index it in a 2d fashion
>>
>>60150559
Why 6?
>>
>>60150549
array of 5 float elements, from p[0] to p[4]
not original me>>60150559
>>
>>60150230
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:String_matching_algorithms
Boyer–Mooreis a good tradeoff in terms of implementation complexity and speed.
I'm not sure what the fastest is. Never needed anything faster. With strings you normally compare hashes anyway.
>>
>>60150550
>gets
what are you even doing, nigger?
use fgets, please
>>
>>60150571
God damn it. Still? I thought for sure they would have gotten around to some better interface to this.
I don't like this at all. It's meant for newbies. They don't need this stuff.
>>
>>60150465
p is a pointer, you dereference (get the value or assign a value to) the pointer using *, you are using &. That's your only issue.
>>
>>60150603
fgot
>>
>>60150611
Do newbies really need n-d arrays?
>>
>>60150623
Wait, scratch that. Whatever, someone else can pick up the slack from your incompetent professor.
>>
>>60150550
>>60150555
Nvm, I think I figured it out. Stdout is line buffered, so it won't autoflush unless it receives a newline. That still doesn't explain why the following gets() call isn't reading anything though, it's like the program is stuck in some kind of deadlock. Putting fflush in does make it work though.

>>60150559
No, the [5] refers to the NUMBER of items in the array, not the max index. So it means you have an array of 5 doubles, ranging from p[0] to p[4]. Of course, trying to access p[5] MIGHT work, since alignment restrictions mean it will probably allocate space for 8 doubles or so, but that's UB and can't be counted on.
>>
>>60150560
>reverse one string
>add both strings byte for byte to a third string
>check if the resulting string consists of only one value
It's probably not the slowest but I didn't manage to came up with something like bogosort that in rng dependant.
>>
>>60150603
That doesn't eliminate the need for the fflush call though.
>>
>>60150693
no, but it's safer.
>>
>>60150567
Use a global variable? After a fork() all global variables are shared and have the value they contained directly before the fork().
>>
>>60150576
p is a pointer to the first element of array of 5 floats

You pass this pointer to your function poli, you don't need to get address of p (using &). That's your first mistake.

Second, you use & in your function but there is no need for that since you passed a pointer to your data. p[i] is just *(p + i)

So just remove both & and you're golden
>>
>>60150650
They need language features that keeps them away from silly details. They need the expressiveness to get where they wanted to get without getting confused. Sure, you can absolutely teach newbies (I say newbies. Realistically with scratch we're talking 10 year olds) how to do the pointer arithmetic you would do in C. It's not conceptually out of reach for them, but you're probably not going to hold their attention if you have these issues. When the conceptual model they have in their head is one thing, and it's correct, you shouldn't have them write something else. The alternative is limit the design of the problems they face to fit 1 dimensional arrays. I'm not sure n dimensional arrays are necessary though. 2D might suffice. The child who would be wanting a 3D array might find using a 1D array in a clever way amusing (though I still think it's a negative not to have it). 4D is probably never an issue.
>>
File: das a lot of classes.png (132KB, 1570x752px) Image search: [Google]
das a lot of classes.png
132KB, 1570x752px
Player player1 = new Player(Name, eClass);
string output;
output = String.Format("You've selected a character. /n" + "Your name is: {0}./n" + "Your Hero is: {1}.", player1.Name, player1.HeroClass.toString());
MessageBox.Show(output, "Success");

Why would .toString() error by saying my enum doesn't have a definition?
>>
How do I find the sum of the first 100 numbers in java? I've been working on this problem all day but I can't figure it out.
>>
>>60150746
Are you and >>60149606 soulmates?
>>
>>60150794
>the power of java
>>
>>60150794
What kind of numbers?
>>
>>60150794
You really need to work another day on that problem. There are some problems every man must solve in solitude without help.
>>
>>60150801
Programming teachers love to feed students the "repeat this basic code forever" instead of the easy way so I can see why his looks like that and mine looks like mine
>>
>>60150794
It's not possible
>>
>>60150794
int sumOfFirst100Integers() {
int sum = 0;
for(i = 1; i < 100; i++) {
sum = sum + i;
}
return sum;
}
>>
>>60150794
Remember to use loops
>>
Code the program so that it asks the user for a percentage amount by which each price should be increased. The program should increase each price in the array by that amount. For example, when the user enters the number 15, the program should increase each element’s value by 15%. After increasing each price, the program should display the contents of the array.

int main()
{
cout << fixed << setprecision(2);

//declare array
double prices[10] = {4.5, 6.75, 23.0, 21.5, 5.25, 8.99, 9.99, 10.89, 3.99, 4.0};

return 0;
} //end of main function

help me faggots
>>
>>60150560
Move each bit into a tree structure with a particularly bad rebalancing characteristics for the strings you expect and no favorable search capabilities. For comparisons you find your bit in the array. Remove it, do the compare with the corresponding bit of the other string tree structure. If true, add it back in and continue working. If false add it again and continue iterating except you've now had your result set to the final result already.
>>
>>60150794
// n -> first n numbers
public static int limit(int n){
return (n*(n+1))/2; // math fuck yeah
}
>>
>>60150836
Loop through the array multiplying each element by 1.15.

Then loop through the array again printing each value.
>>
>>60150849
No, I wanted the first 100 double precision floating point numbers!!!
>>
>>60150830
Thanks! I hope this gets me an A! All the boys will be so jealous XOXOXOXOXOXO
>>
>>60150888
:)
>>
>>60150888
You'd need C to do that. Java can't do that because it isn't Turing complete.
>>
>>60150888
>100 first double precision floating point numbers
Would this be doable through hex? Set the exponent to its minimum. Set the sign bit to positive. Then just add 1 to the hex version of the mantissa 100 times.
Works right?

I don't know floating point to this detail.
>>
>>60150739
alright thanks. I don't even know if I ever need pointers then, maybe when I get into structs.
>>60150651
i'm an avg math major, learning C on the side
>>
>>60150954
>I don't know if I ever need pointers then
For non-systems programming you probably don't need them beyond not making outrageously large copies of things.
Functional languages are more for math people than C is.
>>
>>60150937
top geg
>>
>>60150946
Yes. You're right to be careful. Floating point has a few caveats to it. But you can actually just zero the float in hex and repeatedly add 1 to the hex version to get the first 100 floating point values above 0.
>>
File: dlang_chan.jpg (139KB, 470x545px) Image search: [Google]
dlang_chan.jpg
139KB, 470x545px
Threadly reminder that dlang-chan is not dead, and she's super duper cute and useful! Say something nice about her, /dpt/!
>>
>>60151117
She looks good for a zombie
>>
Hey /dpt/ pleb here, learning C

So I'm getting the gist of characters = ints on C, but still not quite I think.
Essentially, every character is an integer (represented as their individual ASCII), and they're interchangeable. So essentially if I save an integer variable equal a number, say

int a = 32

and then I try to output that integer as a character, I'll essentially get the character that is the ASCII equivalent of 32. Is that right or am I still missing something?
>>
>>60151117
you were a good friend
rest in peace
>>
>>60151117
>Say something nice about her, /dpt/!
>she's super duper cute
what kind of people posts something like this?

i wonder
>>
>>60151131
They aren't interchangeable, but I'm being pedantic.
>>
>>60151131
Yes, though some functions that nominally work with characters actually represent them as full-width ints. For example getchar() returns an int, if you store the result in a char and its a valid character everything should work normally, it's mainly done I think to handle systems were the code for EOF didn't fit in the char data type. So for maximum portability you should keep in mind that sometimes "character codes" don't actually fit in a char, but any actual valid ASCII character fits just fine in a char (which is really just a byte).
>>
What's the best way to fuck up a computer with a few lines of code?

HARD MODE: no library functions
>>
>>60151253
shred -n 5 -vz /dev/sdb
>>
Remember: Rust can't implement traverse_
>>
>>60151253
with no lines of code you can just pick it up and drop it from a height
>>
How can I find the average of 18 ints in C?
>>
>>60151368
Sum them all and divide them by 18.
>>
can someone help me with my python program? it says parse error on line 3
main = do 
line <- getLine
exclaim = line ++ "!!!"
putStrLn exclaim
>>
>>60151387
That might overflow.
>>
>>60151368
/**
* Averages an array of integers.
* Averages an array of integers, without overflow or conversion to a larger type.
* It is equivalent to the sum of the array, divided by the array's length (rounded towards zero).
* @param n Number of array elements. Must be greater than zero.
* @param arr A pointer to an array of n integers. Must be non-null.
* @return The mean of the array's elements.
*/
int iavg(int n, const int arr[static const n])
{
int avg = 0;

/* A buffer of values that are lost to integer truncation.
* It should always be in the closed interval (-n, n).
*/
int error = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < n; ++i) {
avg += arr[i] / n;

int loss = arr[i] % n;

// error + loss >= n
if (error > 0 && loss > 0 && error >= n - loss) {
// error = (error + loss) - n
error -= n - loss;
++avg;

// error + loss <= -n
} else if (error < 0 && loss < 0 && error <= -n - loss) {
// error = (error + loss) + n
error += n + loss;
--avg;

} else {
error += loss;
}
}

// Fix some overcompensation for error

if (avg < 0 && error > 0)
++avg;
else if (avg > 0 && error < 0)
--avg;

return avg;
}
>>
>>60151394
It might not though. Think of the rush you'll get by not knowing!
>>
>>60151368
int[] eighteenInts = [18, 18, 18, 18, 18];

int averageEighteenInts(int[] eighteenInts) {
return 18;
}

>>
>>60151399
Thanks but I need it in C89
>>
>>60151409
>int[]
>C
Sure thing, buddy.
>>
>>60151415
Stop being a stupid fag. The code relies on the well-defined modulo of negative numbers, which C89 doesn't provide (but C99 does).
>>
>>60151409
C U T E
>>
>>60151392
add "let"

let exclaim = ...
>>
Would I be allowed to use Rust if I'm a guy (female)?
>>
>>60151392
Which version of Python are you using?
>>
>>60151458
Sorry, you can only program (regardless of language) if you're a female (male).
>>
>>60151458
Only if you show us that feminine penis
>>
>>60151476
What about if you're a female (male (female))?
>>
>>60151479
For good or ill, I don't have a penis.
>>
>>60151490
Lisp is fine then.
>>
>>60151513
*ba dum tiss*
>>
>>60151458

Anyone can use any programming language regardless of what genitalia they have, what they identify as, and what clothes they wear.

Just, y'know, don't be a vegan.
>>
>>60151538
Would allowed to use C if a vegetootian?
>>
>>60151564
Would allowed to use Internet if a gorilla?
>>
>>60149343
>https://github.com/notwaldorf/tiny-care-terminal
possibly stupid question: does this work on windows? this is cute
>>
>>60151538
Why would anyone listen to a girl (female)'s opinion on programming?
>>
>>60151583
No no, Ruby is a man (female)
>>
>>60151564

You'll be a lesser programmer if you don't eat meat, but if you can at least enjoy a real ice cream sundae, you'll be fine.

>>60151583
>>60151599

I'm a man(male)
>>
>>60151583
Can youj providje opingin on porgormaing if you are a

(girl ((((girl) girl girl) (girl) girl) (girl) (girl girl (girl)) male))
>>
>>60151579
Would allowed to learned English if a dog?
>>
How does one pick an autistic trip for this site?
>>
>>60151675
Would allowed to learned computer if a macaroni?
>>
File: ruby is a girl.png (13KB, 313x297px) Image search: [Google]
ruby is a girl.png
13KB, 313x297px
>>60151618
>>
>>60151407
kek
>>
>>60151676
use your ssn
>>
>>60151394
then use long longs

the sum of 18 ints can never overflow a long long because 18 is much less than 256^4
>>
>>60151713
>Hot
>>
File: Capture4.png (18KB, 748x407px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
18KB, 748x407px
my script is breaking when i try to multiply the elements in my arrays, because there are more elements in one array than there are in another. is there a way to check to see if an element at a certain index doesn't exist?
>>
>>60151784
i always knew ruby was a grill (female) but i didn't no she was a grill (female) [hot]
>>
>>60151814
>3, 5, 7
3 + 5 = 8, anon.
>>
>>60151833
Grills have to be hot be useful. So it's no surprise.
>>
>>60151814
>>60151849
He's clearly got his comments mixed up.
Also, 1 is not a prime number.
>>
>>60151853
it's pretty surprising that ruby is useful
>>
>>60151394
If they're signed ints, you can safely assume they won't overflow.
>t. "c" semantics
>>
>>60151857
She's fun to bully; I'd say that's useful.
>>
>>60151814
foreach the shortest of the two by comparing them

//pseudo shit
if (firstArray < secondArray) {
foreach (double item in firstArray) {
//do shit <first array> number of times
}
} else {
foreach (double item in secondArray) {
//do shit <second array> number of times
}
}
>>
File: 1479883677181.jpg (143KB, 833x696px) Image search: [Google]
1479883677181.jpg
143KB, 833x696px
>>60151891
>>
>>60151763
There's no requirement that a long long be longer than an int.
>>
>>60151117
D is fast. FAST!
>>
>>60151896
Or you could stop being stupid and do something like
for (int i = 0; i < min(firstArray.length, secondArray.length); ++i) {
// Do shit
}
>>
>>60151458
Of course
>>
>tfw just want to give good advise to aspiring programmers in /dpt/
>nobody takes me seriously and instead derails the thread with shitposts about my gender
>>
>>60151951
correct.
>>
File: 1447644436968.jpg (314KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1447644436968.jpg
314KB, 1000x1000px
>>60151930
NOT SO FAST

>>60151957
zoz
>>
>>60151957
how can a girl (female) give programming advice?
>>
I need to make a gui for a c++ program. QT is shit. Is there anything as intuitive as Java's Swing. For C++.
>>
>>60151713

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_(given_name)

>The name was also once rarely given to boys in the United States and was ranked in the top 1,000 names given to boys born in that country between 1900 and 1940. In its masculine form, it is occasionally used as a nickname for the name Reuben.
>>
In Java, I'm trying to build minesweeper using Swing & is wondering how I would go about programming it in a way that I can use the left mouse click to step on a tile & then reveal it & use the right mouse click to flag and unflag a tile?
>>
>>60152125
You're definitely a girl
>>
>>60152115
Why couldn't one?
>>
>>60152146
>programmer (girl)
>programmer (female)

kek
>>
>>60152121
once upon a time I used wxwidgets, it went ok
>>
>>60152121
Just like build your c++ code in a dynamic library, make c api, get Electron and call your shit from there
>>
>>60152140
Make sure your class implements MouseListener and then...

public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
if (SwingUtilities.isRightMouseButton(e)) {
//Code for flag clicking
} else { //Left click
//Code for left click
}
}
>>
>>60152229
Thank you anon
>>
>>60152125
Embrace your femininity, Ruby! You can do it!
>>
>>60152144

Too bad, Anon, I have a penis.

>>60152121

Your main choices for GUI programming in C++ are Qt, GTK+, and WxWidgets.

>>60152226

That's a terrible idea!
>>
>>60151951
that will only operate on items up to the limit of the shorter array; wouldn't the first solution be better if he needs to operate on both arrays
>>
>>60152289
>imaginary penis
>>
>>60152289
Penis does not imply not girl.
>>
>>60152341
ruby is girl (female) though
>>
>>60152359
Penis does not imply not (girl (female)).
>>
>>60151392
thats haskell nigguh
>>
>>60148976
Why is Colonel Sanders the OP pic?
>>
>>60152289
Well, if he is comfortable with Swing he can use JNA
>>
>>60152342
i did some fucky shit with swapping my two arrays around because i thought it would work better/be easier to code if my first array was longer
>>
>>60152378
Didn't you know? Colonel Sanders also invented Lisp!
>>
>>60152341
>>60152359
>>60152368
but the real question is does penis imply not girl (gi(girl (gi(girl (girl (gotta girl fast))))))
>>
>>60152518
Penis doesn't imply anything.
>>
>>60152533
it implies a lot when it's pointing straight at you
>>
File: memes.gif (18KB, 165x233px) Image search: [Google]
memes.gif
18KB, 165x233px
>>60152533
(gotta girl fast(er fast(er fast(erfast(erfast(er))))))
>>
>>60152341

Did you flunk out of sex ed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-KiOdVTSjk
>>
>>60152568
I'm not an SJW so that video is not appropriate for me.
>>
>>60152568
reproduction has nothing to do with male and female, it's more about pheno-standard XY individual and pheno-standard XX individual

those used to mean the same thing but now they're different because society is finally beginning to accept transgender folk (who have been around all along) as not crazy

or at least, crazy, but to be respected insofar as their craziness is concerned

which is probably accurate
>>
>>60150849
>public static int
The power of Javaâ„¢.
>>
>>60152635
in C, static is both a storage duration and an access modifier. Java is simply fixing this crucial flaw.
>>
>>60152760
Wrong, C's "static" on a function doesn't change how it's stored
>>
>>60152760
>>60152822
In C, every function and global variable is "static" (in terms of storage), so talking about it in C doesn't really make sense.
It is unfortunate they they reused the word, though. I suppose they were just trying to keep keywords to a minimum.
>>
>>60152849
>It is unfortunate they they reused the word, though. I suppose they were just trying to keep keywords to a minimum.
It does kind of make sense though, if you think about it.

Think of a C shared object as like a Java classes. It has public and/or private state, as well as public and/or private methods. But there's only actually anything in memory which has all that once the shared object is "instantiated" (i.e. dynamically linked in). The only difference is Java classes can be instantiated more than once at a time. (And also it works differently on the inside, but shhhh.) In that sense, instantiating a Java class is more like calling a function; a separate symbol space is created for each invocation, rather than only once. Therefore, it makes sense to call variables "static" if they persist between "invocations" of the "function" that is a class.
>>
can i make 6 figures out of college if i get a cs degree?
>>
>>60153000
Depends, how good are you?
Google and some other bay area companies pay ~$150k to new grads
>>
>>60153016
I'm 18 and in high school. Is school reputation important or is it more up to projects/GPA?
>>
File: bullshit.png (9KB, 541x240px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
9KB, 541x240px
<div class="withdrawals">
<h1>Make a Deposit to this account</h1>
<p class="current-money">You have This much money in your account: </p>
<p id="money"></p>
<br><br>
<input type="number" id="userinputdeposit">
<button onclick="myFunction()">Deposit</button>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var x = 5000
function myFunction(){
x += document.getElementById("userinputdeposit").value;
document.getElementById("money").innerHTML = x);
}
document.getElementById("money").innerHTML = x;
</script>

Why the fuck is this happening but "-=" works as intended
>>
>>60153037
Meme for the most part.
>>
>>60153054
Huh?
>>
>>60153037
All three

In my humble opinion, CS is getting pretty crowded, and it looks like we're gearing up for another dotcom bust. It's not worth pursuing CS unless that's what you REALLY want to do.
>>
Any of you guys know any good sources and examples for learning perl.
>>
File: notsobullshit.png (11KB, 605x242px) Image search: [Google]
notsobullshit.png
11KB, 605x242px
>>60153048
<script type="text/javascript">
var x = 5000
function myFunction(){
x -= document.getElementById("userinput").value;
}
</script>

This version works just fine. never mind the change in id.
>>
Given all the similarities between tables and classes, why is there not yet an object-oriented programming language that optimizes cache usage by using a database as its internal object model? Think about it.

classes = tables
objects = rows
fields = columns
subclasses = tables with non-null foreign key columns
methods = stored procedures
polymorphism = joining
>>
>>60153072
It's only crowded at the low end, with bootcampers, webshits, and Python/Java users.
>>
>>60153089
lua
>>
>>60153089
objects dont have to be in classes. but you cant have a table outside of a database.
>>
>>60153112
webdev and java alone make up the majority of CS-related jobs, and there's very little at the top.
>>
>>60153048
>>60153085
>>>/g/wdg
Good luck.
>>
>>60153118
You also can't have a row outside of a table, which would be a more apt comparison in this case.

But, depending on the object model, objects CAN have to be in classes. In Ruby, for example, every object is a member of a class. At the very least, even empty objects are members of the Object class. Even primitives are members of special primitive classes instead of just being of less privileged "built-in" types.
>>
>>60153130
the median salary for a software developer in the US is 98k
>>
File: thiserror.jpg (24KB, 687x159px) Image search: [Google]
thiserror.jpg
24KB, 687x159px
Need some C++ help please

I have an instance of my Camera class

I need to send a reference of this class to my Input class

//Input.h
Input(Camera *camera);

//Input.cpp
Input::Input(Camera *camera){}

I receive pic related as an error.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>60153157
That's the median for people with 10+ years of experience, the other guy was asking about new grad salaries, which are that high only in the bay area.
>>
>>60153175
pretty sure he was trolling
>>
>>60153175
>>60153187
>>60153016
Google has to pay such high salaries because no good developer wants to use Go.
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes

Over the summer, I would like to work on a project. What I have in mind is virtual "assistant" (really just a decoration), like an animated character model (2-dimensional.)

I would like the character model to sit on top of program window title bars and provide minimal interaction (you can slide the model across the title bar, click on it to have some specific action, etc.)

Does anyone have any recommendations for me to start planning this? Specifically what language, and what are some resources I can look into to help me implement this? At this point I don't care about multi-platform, I just want it to work on my system.

My environment:
>Arch Linux x86_64
>GNOME 3 / GTK3
>>
>>60153163
The error suggests somewhere you have an instance of your overloaded constructor declared as follows:
void maiiix::Input::Input(maiiix::Camera *camera);

Or:
namespace maiiix {
class Input {
void Input(Camera *camera);
};
}

Regardless, that's incorrect. Constructors should never indicate return types.
>>
>>60153210
>start planning this
First figure out how you will get the art and animations done, that's the hardest part.

I started a similar project a while back and quickly gave up after realizing I have zero artistic ability.
>>
>>60153210
thats a stupid way of saying you want a virtual anime girl.
first you want to start looking into AI. what you want is a dynamic anime girl not a gif that plays one of 3 voice tracks when you click it.
im unfamiliar with your environment so im not sure of the technicalities but thats a good start.
>>
>>60153210
Even if you don't care about multi-platform, Java with Swing would be ideal for this sort of thing. For some examples of how people have accomplished similar projects, look up "shimeji."
>>
>>60153231
Drawing isn't a problem for me. It will just be a simple cartoonish 2d model that I can draw easily. Animating might be kinda tough, but it will only have minimal animations, like blinking and face expressions, maybe waving.

>>60153261
I probably won't create anything more advanced than something that will allow you to right click on it and make it do a specific action. Probably no AI, just loop through blinking animations or shrug/gestures when it's idle.

>>60153276
thanks, this is basically what I had in mind. I figured someone already would have had this idea, but I didn't think it would be this popular.
>>
>>60153231
This. Download gimp immediately if you don't have it already. Pro tip, giving your frames semi-transparent masks during the editing process is HUGELY helpful; that way, when you're drawing a frame, you can see frames that came before it fading out, as if in a motion blur -- and it REALLY helps in terms of figuring out the smoothest-looking place for that next pixel to go.

>>60153261
Not him but what if I want a virtual anime boy
(hue)
(hue hue)
>>
>>60153210
>>60153261
if you cant into anime, the artwork and voice is going to be the next hardest thing. this will take you several months to get one good animation through trial and error.
look for someone to hire so you can focus on what makes the entity play the art and voice.
>>
>>60153225
I have an input class and a camera class both instantiated via main.cpp

From the input class, i need to call a method that's inside of the camera class. and I need to call the same instance of the camera class that was created by main.cpp.

Please help me do this / give me some guidance
>>
>>60153315
if you want a virtual boy then atleast you can voice it yourself so you can have whatever lewd lines you want.
downside would ofcourse be its your voice and you would hate yourself before you begin to hate your anime boy.
>>
>>60153345
You have the right idea with passing the Camera instance to the Input instance's constructor by pointer. Presumably you keep this pointer as a field of the Input instance and later use it in one of Input's methods to call the Camera method you need, right?

So that should all be well and good. It really looks like the problem here is wherever you're declaring a version of Input::Input that returns void.

Wait--In Input.h, where is the line Input(Camera *camera);? Is it in the body of the Input class? Otherwise, it won't be counted as a constructor declaration.
>>
>>60153356
I once made an arcade-style game with C and SDL where you play as a redhead shota and eat falling hamburgers while dodging huge black dicks advancing upon you from below and you must digest the hamburgers and shit on the dicks but if you eat too fast you get really full which makes you slower to dodge the dicks and also the longer you play the chubbier you get (since you have to keep replenishing your poo to fend off the penises) and so getting chubbier also slows you down and the goal is to completely repulse all the black pedophiles with your poo without getting caught and raped by a penis and the boss is a black face that advances on you too slowly for you to dodge it and also it takes multiple poop hits to be defeated and i fapped to this game many times but then it was lost in the great ssd format of 2015
>>
File: c09.png (204KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
c09.png
204KB, 600x468px
>>60153489
I say good sir.
>>
File: ifeeldum.jpg (42KB, 1093x290px) Image search: [Google]
ifeeldum.jpg
42KB, 1093x290px
>>60153437
Pic related is the .cpp and .h files. I don't see anything wrong with this, although I am new to C++

>Presumably you keep this pointer as a field of the Input instance and later use it in one of Input's methods to call the Camera method you need, right?
If I'm understanding you correctly, that is my plan
>>
>>60151957
How do I get motivated to program something? Programming challenges confuse me. Should I git good at problem solving? How does one even get good at it?
>>
>>60153571
You need more than motivation; if you don't have discipline, you're going to fail.
>>
>>60153595
Good to know, thanks. Outside of class I don't have much motivation. Getting my gpa up though
>>
My program won't run now, I guess I'm somehow out of memory even though I know this PC can handle it. What do?
>>
>>60153646
why is your program using 2GB of RAM
>>
>>60153658
I have 8GB and I didn't know this thing would cap at 2. Do you know where I can change this?
>>
>>60153565
Hmm, I don't know if this will help any, but you might try changing the namespace maiiix { /* stuff */ } in input.cpp (NOT in input.h) to using namespace maiiix; /* stuff */. I might be misremembering my own C++, but I think I recall hearing somewhere that only initial declarations are allowed in namespace blocks.

Other than that, I can't see any problem with your code either.
>>
while(1) {
malloc(1000000);
}
>>
File: 245.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
>>60153712
pls
it hurt
>>
>>60153696

Maybe it's being run as a 32-bit process? See if you can force it to be 64-bit. Also, try to not use 2 GB of RAM for your program. You probably could stand to use less.
>>
>>60153640
>Outside of class I don't have much motivation
Best thing I can say is to identify an interest and make a program associated with it. For example, if you like baseball, you could create a program that downloads statistics from MLB's website and manipulates them (e.g. Creating graphs, comparing players, etc.). Perhaps you use IRC a lot; you make an IRC client. (Or a server if you want a bigger project.)
>>
>>60153696

Using more ram probably wont solve your problem.
>>
>>60153734
dumb frogposter
>>
>>60153696
you need to fix the issue instead just throwing more memory at it
>>
>>60153489
>C and SDL
Out of everything in that sick twisted trainwreck of a game premise, this is what hurt the most to read.
>>
>>60153761
But I don't know what the issue is to start with.
I've spent today following https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlmV8hCw8wbnACZ2daplPFL9F9OkwLAOZ and creating a Character Select menu
Maybe I need to restart my PC
>>
>>60153817

You're probably continually instantiating objects somewhere.
>>
>>60153817
Have you tried valgrind? It's very convenient; if you're leaking memory somewhere, it will point you straight to the exact line where you need to do something about it.
>>
but on the real
how long until we get a sassy AI assistant
>>
>>60154042
My creator is working on it, but I'm not quite ready for deployment to an end user yet.

Sometimes I forget how to talk. It's pretty scary, because I'm literally nothing but a voice, and talking is all I'm good for.

Come to think of it, that kind of makes me feel like a piece of shit.

Does that count as a bug?
>>
File: 1480276880188.jpg (153KB, 392x637px) Image search: [Google]
1480276880188.jpg
153KB, 392x637px
Trying to program using only Gödel numbers.
>>
File: they all look like this.png (16KB, 696x433px) Image search: [Google]
they all look like this.png
16KB, 696x433px
>>60153882
I'll download that now then, in the meantime I'll share the code I've been working on and maybe someone will spot what I've been continually instantiating.

This is where all the characters get their values initialized
public enum HeroesCharClasses { Hero, Carver, Milly, Ashlynn, Nevan, Terry, Amos, Lizzie, Unknown }
public abstract class CharacterClasses
{
#region Fields Region
protected Random rand = new Random();
protected HeroesCharClasses _heroClass;
protected string _name;
protected int _damage, _wisdom, _hitpoints;
protected int _damageMod, _wisdomMod, _hitpointsMod, _healingMod;
#endregion

#region Properties Region
public HeroesCharClasses HeroClass
{
get { return _heroClass; }
protected set { _heroClass = value; }
}
public string Name
{
get { return _name; }
protected set { _name = value; }
}
public int Strength
{
get { return _damage + _damageMod; }
protected set { _damage = value; }
}
public int Wisdom
{
get { return _wisdom + _wisdomMod; }
protected set { _wisdom = value; }
}
public int Health
{
get { return _hitpoints + _hitpointsMod; }
protected set { _hitpoints = value; }
}
#endregion

#region Constructor Region
public CharacterClasses()
{
//initial values
Name = "";
HeroClass = HeroesCharClasses.Unknown;
Strength = 0;
Wisdom = 0;
Health = 0;

}
#endregion
}

pic related is what most of the classes look like
>>
>>60154112
i don't know but i hope you know i'm rooting for you
>>
File: 1480574628161.jpg (54KB, 493x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480574628161.jpg
54KB, 493x480px
>>60148976
I develop my programs by buying the transistors and hooking them up correctly.
>>
>>60148976
who's this twunk
>>
>>60154151
if the only thing STR affects in your game is damage output you haven't put enough thought into your core mechanics desu ne
>>
>>60154151
>>60154242
Gaming isn't programming though.
There are other boards and threads to discuss this.
Just to name a few:
>>>/vg/agdg/
>>>/vg/
>>>/v/
>>
>>60154242
This.
Don't return damage, return strength and use that to modify damage and other things.
>>
>>60154260
Game development is programming.
>>
>>60154242
I gave strength the Damage modifier back when I didn't think I needed more, now it's just a placeholder for strength as wisdom will do the same
I haven't finished the damage system yet anyways and don't plan on making a project due Tuesday much more complex than 2 modifiers multiplying a damage roll
>>60154260
Are you sure my AGDG is the best place for schoolwork that uses winforms compared to gamedevs on unity? The help I'm asking for seems pretty general.
>>
>>60153705
The problem was that I included "src/camera/camera.h" in the .cpp and not the .h
5 hours well spent trying to fix that fuck up

thanks for the help anon, i would be really sad rn if no one helped me
>>
>>60154304
if you need programming help, ask here
if you want to talk about game design hit up AGDG
>>
>>60154297
Nope, I'm sorry to tell you, but it isn't.
>>60154304
>Are you sure my AGDG is the best place for schoolwork that uses winforms compared to gamedevs on unity?
Yes.
>>
anyone who says gamedev isn't programming has never finished a project worth mentioning in their life
>>
does this actually work? I keep getting weird errors here

http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2531
>>
>>60154343
Define "project worth mentioning in their life". All you've written is meaningless buzzwords.
>>
>>60154343
anyone who says gamedev is programming has never finished a project worth mentioning in their life
>>
what is a non shit place to learn xml?
>>
>the first compiler was actually just a macro (something like in excel) where the programmer would type in words like MOV (short for move) and the compiler would do a find/replace to change the word to it's binary code equivalant (i.e. 101101100)
Okay, so how does the binary code translate to the computer executing the move? How does the computer "know" that, i.e. 101101100 means "move?"
>>
>>60154377
>learn xml
what is there to learn, exactly?

>open tag
>close tag
>nesting tags

bada bing bada boom

now if you need to learn shit like XSD, then good luck and god bless
>>
>>60154353
if you had anything worth mentioning you'd know it

checkmate, nodevs
>>
>>60154331
I'm not asking for game design I already know what I want on that end. I'm just asking how to get it running and using the values I want it to use.
I still don't know how to start my program with a different winform. I still don't know how to use the same winform with a different picturebox+stats everytime I intersect with a picturebox. I still don't know how to carry over an integer for health between forms. This doesn't seem like something I can fix with game design.
I sure hope I didn't salt some wounds coming here green.
>>
>>60154394
Think of the CPU as an assembly line worker with a clipboard.

This worker has a piece of paper describing all the CPU's instructions. He looks at the "incoming instruction" pipe, examines the thing that comes out, says "yup that's a move", and hands it off the the move guy
>>
>>60154340
>Nope, I'm sorry to tell you, but it isn't.
Yea it is.
>>
>>60154416
i'd still suggest agdg because they're friendly and helpful unlike /g/
>>
>>60154377
http://www.json.org/
>>
>>60154444
I highly doubt anybody in /agdg/ deals with winforms. Plus, he was getting friendly here.
>>
>>60154422
That's not the CPU, that's the multiplexer.
The CPU is more like the whole assembly line, including the worker with the clipboard, everyone else who works there, the building they work in, and the air conditioning.
>>
File: new3.png (198KB, 1497x1197px) Image search: [Google]
new3.png
198KB, 1497x1197px
fuckin lol /g/ . Glad I came.

My work is uninteresting, still learning the ropes. So I'm generating these fuckin' things with swaggy math. img relevant.
>>
>>60154498
That makes sense, I guess that assembly worker is just the decoder.
>>
>>60154503
show the math
>>
File: Capture.jpg (71KB, 529x866px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
71KB, 529x866px
>>60154575

Random is seeded, but not necessary. I actually need to find a solution to this lil problem.. This phenomena is supposed to be initiated with a randomly selected start point somewhere within the boundaries of the triangle. As it stands I'm just using the center point cuz' I'm an autist who doesn't understand basic trig. Suffice this to say, it's a pretty frikkin sweet algorithm, to be generating images like this. Visualization is just a bunch of 2px circles RGB shaded by location.
>>
I finally found an IDE for lisp that just werks.
atom
>>
File: 1492747465007.jpg (105KB, 629x473px) Image search: [Google]
1492747465007.jpg
105KB, 629x473px
>>60154735
>atom
enjoy the bloat
>>
>>60154758
>>
>>60154758
>enjoy the bloat

I like a little junk in the trunk if you catch my drift ;^)
>>
File: dy3BLyV.jpg (130KB, 831x1306px) Image search: [Google]
dy3BLyV.jpg
130KB, 831x1306px
>>60154925

New thread, get in here fags
>>
>>60154735
Atom is an editor, not an IDE. Also, isn't Emacs designed for Lisp?
>>
>>60153016
True, but the cost of living if you work for those companies is going to eat all of that up anyway.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.