[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General - Still waiting for the S8 edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 46

File: Samsung-Galaxy-S8.jpg (94KB, 851x857px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-Galaxy-S8.jpg
94KB, 851x857px
/SPG/ -SmartPhone General Discussion Thread Anonymous 03/19/17(Sun)01:29:16 No.59470348▶>>59471891 >>59471910 >>59481583 >>59482601 >>59482922 >>59490501 >>59495737 >>59495946

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
HiSilicon Kirin 960: A Closer Look at Performance and Power http://www.anandtech.com/show/11088/hisilicon-kirin-960-performance-and-power

Spreadtrum SC9861G-IA: An Intel Atom Octocore Smartphone SoC on 14nm with http://www.anandtech.com/show/11196/mwc-2017-spreadtrum-launches-8core-intel-airmontbased-soc-with-cat-7-lte-for-smartphones

MWC 2017: AGM Preparing IP68 Rated Snapdragon 835 Smartphone with 8GB DRAM http://www.anandtech.com/show/11192/agm-preps-ip68rated-stylish-smartphone-snapdragon-835-8-gb-dram-256-gb-nand

Xiaomi Launches the Redmi 4A in India for ₹5,999 ($92); Teases Redmi 4 and Redmi 4 Prime https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-launches-the-redmi-4a-in-india-for-%e2%82%b95999-92-teases-redmi-4-and-redmi-4-prime/LG G6 review

LG G6 review
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6-review-1590.php
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG-G6-Review_id4323

TechNigga destroys the HTC U Ultra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2Kum-eG8g

Previous >>59470348
>>
Smartphone with best camera under 255$?
>>
Quick, Moto G5 Plus vs Nokia 6
>>
File: iphone-7-plus-design-back-B.jpg (47KB, 1000x711px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-7-plus-design-back-B.jpg
47KB, 1000x711px
>Just bought this today at T-Mobile, it's my third one in a week because the previous 2 I've had had defects (One has massive light leakage, the other had a crack out of the box)
>Open it up, hoping finally to get a good one
>Everything looks good, time to strap the fucker in a case
>THERE'S A FUCKING TINY ASS CHIP IN THE ANTENNA PLASTIC IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE
>I'm too beta to go and return the phone a third time

I'm just going to deal with it, it is bothering the hell out of my though. "Quality Control" my ass.
>>
>>59498414
>actually buying an apple device

you are what you eat.
>>
>>59498414
Return it and get a proper smartphone this time
>>
My Galaxy S5 took a digger and the screen glass is cracked but still 100% functional. Looking at upgrading.

Expandable storage is a must, good battery is appreciated, NFC would be nice but I imagine that's pretty much standard by now.

Price isn't a huge issue, I've got a fairly cushy budget. Shill me /spg/.
>>
>>59498787
(You) here, rooting it is also appreciated. Also I want it to actually run apps without chugging like a motherfucker.
>>
>>59497848
dropped my Note 3 today. Phone works, screen won't turn on. Is it worth repairing it(was told that screen replacement would be 30 pounds(+the screen price im assuming) or should I not risk it and get another one instead?
>>
/spg/, I'm in the market for a new phone. I'd like some advice. Here's what I'm looking for :
>300€ tops
>5.5inches screen, maybe more but 5.5 really is my favorite
>1080p screen
>stock or close-to stock android

Design wise, I don't like bezels on the side, the smaller they are the better. I also prefer the more squared off phones, don't like rounded very much. Flat back is a must, no curved back like the ASUS Zenfone. Physical button are a plus.

From what I've read here, it's a toss up between the Honor 5X and the Lenovo P2, but I'm always looking for other options.
>>
Is the rom support on the Honor 8 any good? How difficult is it to root / unlock bootloader?
>>
>>59499129
root / bootloader is easy. rom support is pretty terrible.
>>
>>59499181
which phone has the best rom support?
>>
>>59499580
I can't speak for all phones, but if you're willing to go for small screen the Zuk Z2 has ROMS for:

>ResurrectionRemix
>official Mokee Nougat 7.1.1
>Dirty Unicorns
>MIUI8
>darkness redefined
>Pac ROM
>Stock Nougat
>>
>>59499580
Oneplus 3T

>>59498868
I'd say the P2 is your best option
>>
File: WP_20151211_16_45_37_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151211_16_45_37_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
Some advice, please
I'm stuck with Verizon and can't seem to get any of the good recommended chink stuff. I'm also trying to upgrade.

Stuff I like in order of importance
>Great camera (at least better than pic related)
>Good battery life
>5.2" screen max
>Square aesthetics

From their current line up, I'm considering between the HTC10, Pixel, Moto Z Play, and kinda-sorta the Priv.

The issue is that they're relatively pricey (I got my current Lumia Icon brand new for a cent off Amazon 2 years ago) and I'm not quite ready to drop $400+ on something that's not worthwhile, you know? I'd like the HP Elite X3, Zuk Z2 or Honor 8, maybe Sony X5 but they're not VZ compatible.

>Also, what's the deal with all these fuckhueg phones? Nearly everything VZ offers is phablet
>>
>>59499824
honor 8
>>
>>59499867
>not VZ compatible.

Unless there's some way to get the phone to have full access to Verizon's network, it's not happening
>>
>>59499899
i don't know how the carriers in the US work, sorry, the phone just matched the ticks
>>
>>59499917
Yeah, that's the part that sucks. In the US, Verizon and Spring have CDMA networks, and most intl releases are made with GSM in mind. And then even if the frequency bands work, VZ has some thing where they can block service for an "unapproved" devices, or so I've read
>>
anyone know when the nokia 5 is getting released?
>>
Anybody not think a Xaoimi mi 6/mi 6 plus(pro?) will be a wise buy when it launches?
>>
>>59499824
I have a Priv and would have highly recommended it like, a year ago, but with the KeyOne imminent, I would say you are better off going for the more current phone with Nougat unless you can get the Priv at an amazing price.

I think this phone gets a lot of undeserved flak. Blackberry's main issue is that they fucked up the software on release and the reviews that reflected that never got taken down or changed.
>>
>>59500282
I'm not gunning for latest-release models, to be honest. On paper, the Priv looks fine, and since I'm mostly unfamiliar with Android, I'm not picky about the version.

How long have you had it, and how's life with it?
>>
>>59499824
Apparently Moto G5 Plus is coming to Verizon early April, it's seems to be a good phone for the price.
>>
I'm going to beijing (china) in 2 weeks and i want to buy a smartphone for maximum 200€.
Which one should i take?
>>
>>59499737
Thanks man, all things considered the P2 is a good option. I'll order it
>>
>>59500336
>Moto G5 Plus
seems like a deece phone but WTF is this marketing...
>>
>>59500416
Eh, it's just buzz-wordy to get the normie buzzfeed crowd excited. Unfortunately for them, Apple has cornered that market well.
>>
>>59500327
I've had it for almost a year now, since May 2016. Got it when the Marshmallow update was first released - my phone came with Lollipop but the first thing I did was update it.

Honestly life is pretty good with this phone, I have very few complaints. It does get a little hot under load, but then again so does any phone. I have had literally zero issues with lag, and the updates have been quick and well programmed. Screen is beautiful. Signal from WiFi and the cell network is always strong. Having an SD card slot is nice and the physical keyboard is honestly the best thing that has come to Android in a while.
>>
>>59500339
I assume you want to buy a phone in a physical store? The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro and Redmi 3 Pro are good phones but as far as I know they are only sold online.

Buy any phone with a Snapdragon 625, 650, 652, 820 or 821 from a semi-known brand (Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Zuk, Huawei or Honor) and you'll be fine.
>>59500245
If it launches with a Snapdagon 835, yes.
>>59499580
Oneplus 3T
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Xiaomi Redmi Mi5
>>
I miss when smartphones had a distinguishable visual identity instead of le rounded rectangle with on-screen buttons
>>
>>59500540
Thanks.
>>
Is there any way to change the primary Google/Gmail account on an Android phone, specifically the Pixel?

I can't find any answers online that don't require rooting.
>>
>tfw HTC One M7 still has rom support
>4 years old and still going strong
It's a shame the battery and sound volume are so shit, this phone is litteraly perfect.
>>
>>59500584
This is the endgame for all consumer products. You know how cars used to be vastly different from each other in the early twentieth century, but then all gravitated towards the standard 3-pedal layout with a key? This is like that.
>>
>>59500497
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration. I'm not a power user by any means, so I doubt it'll get bad with me.

How's the camera? Got a sample?
>>
>>59500540
Yee I'm hoping the Mi 6 will launch with a metal back I despise ceramic/glass because it is sooo glossy
>>
>>59500699
>tfw bought M7 on release day and it was, and still is, the most impressive mobile device I've ever owned
>Battery used to give over 5 hours of SoT with battery saver on and easily last a day and a half with light use
>Still easily gets through a full day of work if I stay on wifi and disable GPS
>Speakers are like heaven compared to even some $200+ bluetooth speakers
>Dropped literally dozens of times and the worst that happened is a dent or two in the chamfer edge
>Still has developer support and even newest versions of Sense can be backported even from the HTC10 and HTC U Ultra

The only reasons I had to replace it was because my camera was finally succumbing to the purple tint issue after lasting three and a half years without even the slightest tinge of purple in the darkest pictures yet now if you take a picture in a room that isn't well lit it just looks like a purple net was cast over the lens and I wanted something that could go days without charging so I got a Moto Z Play.

The HTC 10 was tempting because it looked like they were finally back to making beautiful phones after the M8 and M9 atrocities but I couldn't bring myself to drop over a grand on a phone.
>>
tl;dr need help picking my first phone and other stuff
>be 32 years old
>have a comfortable job as a pharmacist
>last phone I had was a folding phone thing about 9 or so years ago
>got rid of it because never used it much
>so many games coming out from my favorite series and shit to phone only
>Steam wont stop reminding me that I should probably get a smartphone so I dont lose my account
>even MMOs are getting into this security smartphone thing
>so on and so fourth
So, buying a phone in full will not be a problem and holy hot fuck there are so many of them and what to do afterwards.
Do I need some kinda subscription or something to use it after buying?
Can I use my home wifi for movies/games?
Is buying online better than physical stores?
Also might like something with a decent camera
>>
>>59498211
G5+. better camera.
>>
>>59500416
The back camera screams "I'm retarded"
>>
Long story short, phone fell in water, now the screen flickers, and the charger is off and on. Are there any good smaller screen phones in the mid range? I'm talking 5"
>>
>>59500894
>Do I need some kinda subscription or something to use it after buying?
No, but it's nice to have so you can receive texts, make phone calls and if you choose to get data you can browse the internet while on the go too.

>Can I use my home wifi for movies/games?
Yep, mobile data is completely optional and most public places have free wifi at this point so if you haven't needed data yet you probably still don't and would be better served by just paying $5-10 a month for voice/text only

Is buying online better than physical stores?
If it's your first phone I would recommend at least going to a store to see them in person and figuring out which you would be most comfortable using but I personally prefer to order online even if I go to a store to look at the phone first.

If you don't really care about your phone and just want something that won't break easily and that you don't have to remember to charge every day get a Moto X Play or Z Play.
>>
>>59500894
Assuming you're US:
You'll need to get a phone first: A lot of the recommended ones from /g/ lean towards Chinese brands, since they're competitive spec-wise but at lower prices. These phones are "unlocked" so they're meant for international release.

Now, you'll have to find a carrier to get service from. The carrier with the highest flexibility in allowing you to choose your phone seems to be AT&T. You'll have to pick a plan for how much data you'll use (that is, how much you can access the internet without WiFi) and nowadays, calls and texts are unlimited. I honestly get by 2GB/mo. shared. If you're on WiFi frequently, and don't stream music/videos while out and about, you won't need too much data.

All smartphones will have the option to connect to wifi, just like your computer, so that doesn't count towards your data usage for your plan. You can watch and browse all you want when you're connected to a wifi network.

I've always gotten my phones online. Shop around a bit, you can often find deals either from the manufacturer directly, or when you sign up with a carrier service, they might give you "discounts." There's no real advantage to going in stores. I'd be wary of used phones though. I've been burned twice on "Certified Refurb."

As listed in the masterpost, phonearena is pretty good for comparing specs and reviews.
>>
>>59500761
Not really, everyone can still tell a BMW from a Mercedes, but few can tell a HTC and a Samsung apart at first glance.

Of course, we're talking about the average person here.
>>
>>59500540
>>59500339
Ok then
The Redmi Note 3 pro hasn't SD card.
I have a 128 giga SD card and i want to use it .
Other suggestions ?
>>
>>59499824
Sounds like you'd like a Pixel. HTC will abandon your phone software-wise and so will Motorola and Blackberry.
>>
>>59500937
I wholeheartedly agree
>>
>>59498842
And because I'm apparently illiterate: Country is US, carrier Verizon.
>>
Anyone else here waiting in anticipation for K6000 Plus / K10000 Pro?
>>
>>59500958
Oh, now it works fine. feels good and yet bad at the same time
>>
>>59501546
Redmi Note 3 Pro does have a SD card slot

>>59501650
Galaxy S7 Edge
Moto Z Play Droid (or whatever the Verizon version is called)
>>
>>59501870
Thoughts on the LG V20? I'm not sure I want to go with Memesung again and the Z Play seems a bit meh without buying the modulars.
>>
>>59501554
>Nougat release promised by January for the M9
>Approaching April

Fucking Taiwanese kikes
>>
guys, my kikePhone 4S died and I've been considering getting a Moto G4. Are there any significant differences between the G4 and the G4 Plus that warrant getting the Plus or it's just a meme?

Samshit is completely out of the question
>>
>>59502221

Get it if you’re fine with it shitting thee bed in a year's time.
>>
>>59503350

G4 is limited to 2/16GB memory. G4 Plus has 2/16 or 4/64, fingerprint scanner and a better camera.

That said, just wait for the G5.
>>
>>59503378

fugg

guess I'll get a G5 then. Thanks m8
>>
Do i cop the LG G6 next month?
>>
>>59502267
>and Blackberry
proofs?
>>
File: IMG_20161022_1558581.jpg (4MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_1558581.jpg
4MB, 4896x3672px
>>59500777
Sorry for the late response, here is a shot for what it's worth.
>>
File: IMG_20160909_1408504.jpg (2MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160909_1408504.jpg
2MB, 4896x3672px
>>59503716
And another, this time oriented right.

The one downside, I just discovered, is the camera creates fuckhuge file sizes, so I barely have anything under the 4MB limit.
>>
>>59503716
>>59503806

wow those are really nice shots from a phone camera
>>
File: WP_20151128_15_34_47_Rich.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151128_15_34_47_Rich.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>59503716
>>59503806
Huh, okay: those are pretty nice. I'm mainly worried since the one I have now also takes pretty decent pictures (pic related) and I'd loathe to give that up
>>
Is Google fit a good app? What are the details of its botnet features?
>>
What phone?
Canada freedom Mobile (wind). Under $500. Swapable battery. Wireless charging capable. Preferably more Linux/android type. Maybe SD card. Bigger size.
>>
>>59505069
V20.
>>
What do you guys think of the Doogee Shoot 1?
>>
Will putting the camera on high performance mode make it take HDR shots quicker?
>>
Where do I find out when the Pixel is back in stock other than obsessively checking the store page?
>>
File: Lenovo-ZUK-Edge-758x505.jpg (78KB, 758x505px) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo-ZUK-Edge-758x505.jpg
78KB, 758x505px
>>59498868
Zuk Edge looks good except for the stock android, but there are roms and google launcher out there.
>>
>>59505134
My sister has one. Really nice camera for the price, but other than that it's nothing special.

Someone compared it to the Zuk Z2 a few threads ago iirc.
>>
>>59497848
>wanting to buy samsung
>>
>>59504180
Keep in mind the Priv cannot take photos under low light, it's garbage
>>
can i please have /spg/ winter buying guide flowchart picture.
Is it still relevant?`
Any chink phone recccommendations from Aliexpress with a budget under 100€?
>>
Yo spg! My kekphone 4 is on the verge of dying and I'm shifting to droid, any good recommendations? I heard that HTC "11" is coming out soon but HTC is almost nonexistent here in Duterteland, also, my budget is under $500.
>>
File: nintchdbpict000309348842.jpg (27KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000309348842.jpg
27KB, 960x480px
I think apple is doing an event today.

Red iPhone 7. iPhone 7S. New iPad Pro.

I really want an iPad but I need it to be useful, not a glorified iPhone.
>>
Does the Redmi 4 Prime support Quick Charge? I've been seeing contradictory information about this.
>>
Any recomendations for a phone under $200?
>>
>>59507153
OP3T
>>
>>59507557
but the battery is shit anon or it's just a meme?
>>
> Europe
> Vodafone
> 200€
> Small screen under 5'
> Android
> Rootable
Advices?
>>
What phone to buy at ali on March 28? I have a 5$ coupon.
>>
>>59508089
>Small screen under 5'
Go back in time about 5 years
>>
>>59497848
One Plus X port just bit the dust.
can anyone recommend an Android phone with:
-large *removable* battery (i want ~10hrs SoT)
-MicroSD card support
-durable, dont want to buy a new phone for the next couple years.
Thanks
>>
>>59508089
>under 5'

There literally is no such phone. iPhone has a 4.7' screen but they're an outlier.

I would go with a Zuk Z2. It fulfills everything except it has a 5.0' display.
>>
Opinions on the V20 as an upgrade? (currently own a Turbo)
>>
>>59507153
Zuk Z2 Pro
>>
File: 1489924354186.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489924354186.gif
4MB, 280x302px
Are round screen corners (like on the Mi Mix and LG G6) going to be the next big meme that every company is going to put on their flagship devices?

Pls be no.
>>
>>59508316
Galaxy J7 2016, has removable battery and gets consistently over 12h SoT

>>59508657
Apparently the rounded corners make the screen less likely to crack when dropped, so it's not just for looks

>>59507113
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+usdPrice.110,f_min_d+antutuBenchmark.25000,f_min_dr+value.2048,f_min_ds+value.16384,f_min_d+batteryMah.3000,f_doba+slug.android,f_min_dobr+value.13
>>
>>59497848
Is the Nexus 5 still a good phone? My dad needs a new one and he really dosent care about his speed of his phone
>>
>>59508657
Kys germcuck
>>
>>59508747
only downside i see is that its using the Exynos 7870 processor so custom ROMs dont have much support for it. Thanks :)
>>
This was my galaxy phone power when I left it overnight. Why did it use so much power? I didn't even have Wi-Fi turned on and when I picked it up, the SIM card want detekted and I had to restart.
>>
>>59509048
>>
>>59508755
Buy him a Meizu m5.
>>
>>59509048
I'm sure it's nothing just forget about it
>>
>>59508755
Yes but battery life is shit.

Get him a Moto G5 or something.
>>
>>59508363
Looks good. 367€ BTW
>>
>>59509138
The ZUK Z2 is like 150€ from Banggood
>>
I really like my Moto Z
>>
File: IMG_20161014_2043587.jpg (1MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161014_2043587.jpg
1MB, 4896x3672px
>>59507103
Me again, low light/night is reasonably okay

>>59504180
What phone do you have now? This is pretty good.
>>
>>59509183
Yes my bad
>>
File: IMG_20160911_2027161.jpg (2MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_2027161.jpg
2MB, 4896x3672px
>>59509687
Another imperfect light image.

I don't have many of these, because normally I use a Canon G11 or Sony a350 to get low light images. The Sony in particular is very good at that. But the Priv isn't total trash in low light conditions, it's just not as good as an actual camera. The same could probably be said for a lot of phones.
>>
File: acer_liquid_zest_4g.jpg (43KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
acer_liquid_zest_4g.jpg
43KB, 680x383px
A few years ago I gave my mom my old Galaxy Nexus and after 5 years of use, the phone is finally dying. I just want Ti-an get her a cheap replacement with a more modern OS, and was thinking of this Acer Liquid Zest on sale at Costco for $98 CAD. Anyone have any experience with these? They seem pretty good for the money, have a fairly recent version of Android and a decent screen. Just wondering about longevity.

I would prefer to stay away from Chinkphones due to Costco's generous return policy and prior experience with a friend's Xiaomi.
>>
>tfw no phone with removable battery, sd slot, good camera with pro mode, and rootability on Verizon
Lads gonna have to get my S5 screen replaced, but every vendor seems to be chinkshit, selling refurbished OLED and I can't really trust them. What do?
>>
>>59500884
>m8 bad
It's superior to the m7.
>>
File: kennyomega--tigermaskW.jpg (21KB, 566x330px) Image search: [Google]
kennyomega--tigermaskW.jpg
21KB, 566x330px
>>59498414

you brought this upon yourself for buying an iphone, senpai
>>
OP3T or HTC10?
>>
>>59509920
For that price it's fine, but don't expect it to last anywhere near 5 years like the GNex. I'd recommend getting something with 2GB ram and 16gb storage at minimum, a Moto G4 Play or G5 for example.
>>
>>59510953
OP3T

Axon 7 if you want a MicroSD slot, front facing stereo speakers and a hi-fi DAC
>>
>>59511078
Axon 7 is one of the ugliest phones i've ever seen
>>
Smartphone with best camera under 255$?
>>
>>59510962
To be fair, the only reason the Galaxy Nexus lasted so long was because she rarely used any apps, or browsed the internet, or indeed did anything with her phone at all. She still uses a 2006 iPod for music and that offers more storage than just about any modern phone.

Will check out the Moto models as well but they seem a fair bit more expensive.
>>
>>59511119
>caring about how your phone looks
>>
>>59511179
Does she even need a smartphone then?
>>
>>59511154
moto g4 plus i think
>>
A good music player app for Android?
Bonus if open source.
>>
What are some decent audio players for Android? I've tried BlackPlayer, PowerAmp and Phonograph, but I don't like any of them as much as my 8-year-old iPod touch. They are all kind of untidy and grab too much shit from the cloud. I bought a phone with SD expansion with the idea of consolidating my devices, but nothing matches the iPod interface and it's infuriating.
>>
>>59511208
She texts a lot and does occasionally use WhatsApp and Google Maps so yeah, it would be better to have a Smartphone.
>>
>>59511154
Moto G5
>>
File: WP_20150704_20_49_54_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150704_20_49_54_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>59509687
That's not terrible; my current phone (which is a Lumia Icon, by the way) is starting to get blurrier in night-time conditions. This one was pretty good, but if it gets any darker, it gets all pixelated and fuzzy.
>>
Well guys, I received my OP3T in the mail a few days ago and I've noticed 2 things:

Battery drain and abnormal heating.

What can I do about this? Factory reset? Is it just the new update?
>>
File: WP_20150704_21_46_59_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150704_21_46_59_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>59512237
>Case

To be honest, I'm thinking of just holding onto this one for a while longer; most of the new phones don't really fit what I'm looking for, and the few that do, aren't cheap. The Priv was the closest to my budget, hence the interest! I just need to replace the battery or something. Thanks for your help :)
>>
>>59512278
Also I should mention that this is my first smartphone in 4 years and android. I heard something about wiping cache and factory reset?
>>
REEE where are all the black Zuk Z2 Pros!? All the sites are out of stock!
>>
File: gato.jpg (112KB, 790x1053px) Image search: [Google]
gato.jpg
112KB, 790x1053px
>buy an aukey portable charger
>charging works with everything except what i want it to charge (htc 10)

JUST
>>
>>59512379
same with the Zuk Z2.. only white ones left in stock. i reluctantly bought a white one.
>>
>>59512278
Maybe try a higher quality charger.
>>
>>59498067
Get a deal on the nexus 5x
>>
>>59511442
I'd try to get an older Moto G or Moto E to be honest. The phones have good custom ROM support and will last longer than phones with a MediaTek processor. >>59512327
Could you specify more what you mean by battery drain and abnormal heating?

Battery life can be a bit hit or miss at the start but gets better once it learns your using habits. It should get you trough a day of normal usage easily.

Also does it get hot to the point that you can't hold it anymore? Because it's normal for a phone to get hot when you browse the web at full brightness or when gaming.
>>59511266
Shuttle Music Player
>>
>>59511266
Blackplayer
>>
>>59512278

You are probably using the screen at 100% for an extended time and gaming.

Screen is the #1 battery drainer. Lower the brightness and use your computer to play hentai instead.
>>
I see random sellers selling the LG G5 unlocked for way cheaper than the LG store. Is there a catch somewhere? How do they get away with it?
>>
>>59512682
*on amazon I mean.
>>
>>59512542
>>59512567
>>59512648

It gets very hot underneath the camera on the backside during normal usage only 3-4 apps at a time. Browsing the web, messenger, whatsapp, chrome etc.

It just doesn't feel normal to me. I've read about people facing similar problems and they sent in for replacements. Other than this the phone is great.

Might try clearing my cache now and charging to 100% to see if anything changes..
>>
>>59512682
refurbished maybe?
>>
>>59512549
yea, he'll love it until it bootloops 5 days in
>>
>>59509053
it wants to kill itself because of you're font choice
>>
I think the s8 will actually have front facing speakers since the iPhone does.

God I wish HTC would release something like this but with speakers on the front. It would be a perfect phone.
>>
>>59498787
wait the two weeks for the galaxy s8 fi you have the guac to drop.

the moto z phones have me super intruiged because apparently lenovo has no fucking interest on creating an android skin and just adds in some gesture controls. plus the mods seem pretty sweet especially with their whole matching (like $1 for every $10) indiegogo devs on the thing means that mods are going to be around for a while we'll probably see some cool shit
>>
>>59512927
HTC phones are currently fucking joke man, they're consistently releasing highly priced flagships with last cycles technology AND charging more than Samsung, LG, Moto and Apple for their phones.

let them die, they basically can't dig their grave any faster at this point
>>
should I just go for the x compact if I want a smaller phone? It's currently on ebay used for 280 censored caliphatebucks.
>>
Hey guys,

I need a new phone. Currently I am on the LG G4 which had the bootloop hardware fagshit twice already. The screen has burn in issues since 5 months and I am too lazy to send in my phone again.
The G5 seems like a good new phone to me but my body just says no. What should I buy?
>>
Going to be getting the S8 when it comes out, and I think it's finally time I switch carriers. I'm currently on US Cellular with my family since I'm a college student.
We have 10 GB shared for data and pay about $200 for the full bill which is pretty fucking bad.

I don't really care about coverage, since it seems Manhattan, KS (where I live) has good coverage for all of the major carriers. Just looking for best price per GB (I'm on the fence about unlimited; I honestly don't think I need it that bad)
>>
File: 815nET773yL._SL1500_.jpg (225KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
815nET773yL._SL1500_.jpg
225KB, 1500x1500px
Should I buy the Moto G5 (£179.99 on amazon)? Or is there something better for the price?
>>
>>59512567
What is it about MediaTek processors that cause the phones to have less staying power? Are they not as well built or something?
>>
>>59513118
Zuk z2 pro
>>
>>59513028
don't buy any LG phones, they all have that issue
what's your budget?
>>
>>59511266
phonograph
>>
>>59512237
>>59512314
How much are the Privs going for now down in Freedomland? I paid $299 CAD for mine on contract just last year, but got Bell to refund me $50 when the price went down like a month later. My understanding is they still sell for $500+ unlocked.
>>
>>59511154
Any of you asking this question (unless cdma...not my concern) can answer your question simple with "a new unlocked Xperia Z5 from a reputable reseller" bump your shitty budget up a bit and get a solid, clean and elegant solution. Waterproof too. IR is all I gave up on moving off the V10 hand weight.
>>
>>59513236
From Verizon (my carrier) it's $408 Burgerpoints. You can pay it upfront, or you can go to monthly payments of $17/mo. for 24 months. Comes out to be the same.

I got my Lumia Icon for one fucking cent off of Amazon, somehow. I actually don't know how.
>>
>>59512992
That or the A3 2017. iPhone 5S / SE If you're fine with iOS.

>>59513169
Less likely receive android updates from the manufacturer, less likely to get custom ROMs made for it.

>>59513118
Depends on whether chink phones are an option for you or not.
>>
>>59500894
Jesus tap dancing christ
>go out shopping for my first phone
>hit up Sams Club first because need groceries anyways
>pass by the smartphone section
>screwing around playing with the default stuff
>skinny dude comes up to me
>"can I help you with anything?"
>Yeah I noticed there is no pricetag on any of these, id like to pay in full now for this ph-
>"oh sorry sir, monthly payment plan only"
>almost a 4 year commitment
>normally I give up on a poop after a few minutes
>leave
>bestbuy
>monthly prices at least 20% higher than sams club
>but at least it has a full prices at the bottom
>have questions
>no one around
>ask for help
>dude runs off to get the normal sales rep
>wait 5 minutes playing with the default stuff and testing the cameras
>look around for the dude
>no sign
>leave
>a verizon store, dedicated to phones
>mite b coo
cont
>>
Can we assume a new Moto G model is coming out in June?
>>
File: c1cdc8a597c9ff4939f0b4052bd86291.png (861KB, 767x1280px) Image search: [Google]
c1cdc8a597c9ff4939f0b4052bd86291.png
861KB, 767x1280px
>>59513736
>soon as I open the door I am greeted with a non-office chair grinding sound on concrete as the only person in this store shoots up to give me a yell in this vast empty wasteland
>slightly terrified I force out "I am looking for a phone, not top tier model but maybe the previous years, something for games, pics an-"
>dude pulls out drawers filled with new, used and all types of accessories and looks at me with a hybrid of the majora's mask salesman and Cheshire cat
>dude asks to see my hands
>he touches my hands with his cold sweaty hands
>"nice and dry" he comments as spaghetti begins to fill my pockets
>what am i ganna do
>i might die
>look around for a way out
>see no smartphone docks
>ask if they have any
>he says yes and goes in the back
>as I quietly go for the door I open it when he opens the back door
>im in my car i see him holding a box looking at me as I drive away

welp time for the internet. whats the difference between a locked and unlocked phone?
>>
>>59513669
>Less likely receive android updates from the manufacturer, less likely to get custom ROMs made for it

Not too much of a concern in this case, considering

>It's less than a hundred bucks
>She's still running Ice Cream Sandwich so updates are probably meaningless anyways
>I am too lazy to install custom ROMs on a phone other than my own

But still, if a Qualcomm based phone does not cost much more, then why the hell not?
>>
>>59513787
>>59513736
>>59500894
unlocked means you can buy it and put any simcard you want into it and it will work. It means it's not "locked" to a specific carrier.
>>
>>59512702
So I downloaded CPU-Z and have been monitoring during heavy usage and opening apps and watching Youtube videos.

This highest I have seen it go to is 40 C... seems to be okay. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
>>
>>59514049
When using messenger it shoots up into the low 60's. Is this app just complete shit?
>>
>>59512452
beerus deus ka?
>>
>tfw the phone you just bought will never get an official non-Pajeet version of Android O
>>
woops, android O announced.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/03/first-preview-of-android-o.html
>>
>want to surprise best friend with new phone
>currently uses the original galaxy nexus and some other shit phone
>I'm not even kidding
>he's pretty causal
>just wants his basic bitch apps to run well
>instagram, some casual games, facebook and shit
>only thing he cares about is a good camera
>budget is under $200

I'm about 99% sure to get him the Moto G5 when it's released. Any other non-chink phones which are a good purchase?
>>
>>59512480
>>59512379
FULL COVERED Tempered glass for lenovo zuk z2 z2 pro z2pro screen protector hardness premium 9h tempered glass film
http://s.aliexpress.com/3ErqeQFZ
(from AliExpress Android)
>>
>>59514705
why are you gifting something to another male?

are you gay?
>>
File: 1446050504168.png (85KB, 248x344px) Image search: [Google]
1446050504168.png
85KB, 248x344px
>>59514705
>want to surprise best friend with new phone
>>
Any upcoming good alternatives to the OP3T?
>>
I bought myself a smartphone for my birthday, redmi note 3 pro? Did I make a good choice? Any recommended roms?
>>
File: tumblr_ltugplsyLz1qay81h.gif (500KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltugplsyLz1qay81h.gif
500KB, 500x270px
>>59514736
>>59514753

well, he's quite the poorfag but he works hard to catch up with life. He hasn't had an easy life, so its kinda inspiriing to see how he still turned out to be a good person.
Also it's so cringy to see him waiting 20 seconds for his gmail app to open. He also started to avoid YouTube because it takes too long to load. It's sad to watch, and I do love him like a brother.
oh, no homo.
>>
What's a good case for the S7 edge that adds some thickness?
>>
What are differences between the Moto G5 and LG G5? Are they the same phone but made by different companies?
>>
>>59514905
How THICC you want it bby?
>>
>>59514965
A good amount
>>
>>59514831
If you want actual advice: yes the G5 is a good gift.

Don't mind the autists on /g/
>>59514928
The two have absolutely nothing in common. The LG G5 is a former flagship released in early 2016 who dropped in price quite quickly due to shitty QC and bad press at launch.

The Motorola Moto G5 is recently launched mid-range phone which looks to be pretty good on paper, but we are still waiting for reviews.
>>59513749
They just announced the Moto G5 and G5+ which will launch in April...
>>
File: Meizu_PRO_6_Plus-3up.jpg (251KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Meizu_PRO_6_Plus-3up.jpg
251KB, 1000x600px
>>59514783
Meizu Pro 6 Plus just came out. Looks good.
>>
>>59515003
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F63EI94/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_K2y0yb4CH8WNX

Here you go sexxy bby, THICC enough for you?
>>
My little brother was memed on by buying the S6 Edge. He now wants to get rid of it. I'm looking for a good phone for 250-300€ with a good storage capacity. External storage is more important. The phone shouldn't be too outdated and it should have enough power to run a few big apps.
>>
>>59515149
Specify the carrier that he's using, because that will also limit your options.
>>
>>59515149
Zuk Z2 Pro has 64GB variant pretty cheap now.
>>
>>59515149
The Zuk Z2 is pretty good, should be really cheap now.
>>
>>59515177
Carriers are redundant says my brother. He prefers his phone without a case.
>>
>>59515149

http://s.aliexpress.com/Evu6beq2
>>
>>59515241

Zuk Z2 oder Moto G5 - what's your best educated guess?
>>
>>59515207
>>59515241
>>59515278
Thanks for recommending me this piece of technology but isn't there another way to get this phone? I only seem to get it from Chinks and a custom rom has to be installed to support our language. I'd like to have a guarantee you know?
>>
>>59513787
unlocked means you aren't pinned to a specific carrier, but be careful, not all unlocked phones support all carriers

cdma for verizon/sprint/boost/straightalk/virgin
gsm for att/t-mobile/cricket/metropcs/

even between carriers that use the same technology though, there can be issues with certain phones. like moto x pures weren't compatible with T-Mobiles 4G LTE even though they worked with ATT 4G LTE
>>
>>59515361
You're right.

Maybe honor 8? Or Meizu mx6?
>>
>>59515473
Thanks, I'll check them out.
>>
I have an S7 coming in tomorrow, never had an AMOLED screen before.

Is burn-in as common as shitposters claim? Any way to prevent or mitigate it?
>>
>>59513208
Puh. I will sell my G4 for ~160$ so i think it will be around 300$.
My preferences are:
64 Bit Cpu (no mediatek)
>=720p Display
>=3GB Ram
<=32GB Storage
USB-C

I could get a Zuk Z2 for 200$ but I am worried about warranty claims that in would take months.
>>
i want to wait for s8 release to then buy the s7 cheaper because i think the s8 doesn't offer much improvement for twice the fucking price

am i smart or retarded?
>>
Ugh I'm dying for the Xaomi Mi 6/6 Pro(Plus?)
Supposedly SD835, 6Gb Ram and metal body.
>>
>>59516055
smart
>>
>>59515878
had an AMOLED screen 2 plus years no problems whatsoever
>>
>>59515878
No. They just cry about burn in because they're forced to buy cheap shit like Xiaomi redmi note pro.

But it's funny because redmi note 3 pro has horrible life expectancy from shitty quality control, so they end up losing money instead.
>>
>>59515948
Zuk z2 is $158 on banggood with coupon, isn't it?

But check out honor 8, it's a godsend to midrangers.
>>
Alright fellas
Is there any mp3 tag editor for android that can edit entire albums instead of track by track?
My autism demands it
Thanks
>>
>>59497848
>Order OP3 from banggood
>Fraud won't let me place order, have to call them to confirm
>Production stops
>Refund within 14 days from shady chinamen

>Order OP3T, $50 in my bank until next paycheck
>Think I can trick them by going through PayPal
>It works
>Fraud calls an hour later
>The money didn't get to banggood in time, so they cancelled my order, but the money got there after they cancelled it, so they immediately are sending the money back
>I'm out $800 for the next two weeks, getting nothing out of it, and I won't have enough to purchase a much needed new phone until the money is back

ree
>>
>>59516337
Also why does black player run like shit? Can't edit my tags with it otherwise I'd be using it instead
I really can't find a reason, I have a bq Aquarius M5 so I'm pretty sure it's not because of the phone. I set the SD card directory up and everything. What am i doing wrong?
>>
Trying to replace my shitty S6 that (as of today) will no longer charge past 86%. Trying to decide on a budget phone (~$250), and I'm torn between the G5+ and Honor 6X.

Is the G5+ worth the wait, or should I just pull the trigger on the 6X?

Or is there something better that I'm missing in this price range?
>>
Geekbuy and Amazon has the black version of Zuk Z2 in stock now, but for heinous prices ($209 on Geekbuy).

What's going on??
>>
>>59516638
Supply and demand
>>
mi mix or mate 9? why
>>
>>59516832
Mi Mix is a joke. That aspect ratio means your screen is going to look like bezels for any multimedia content. It's also going to be fragile as fuck.
>>
>>59513118
>>59498211
>>59500416
when is this turd making it to america unlocked. I'm not buying a g4+ at full price when this could come out tomorrow
>>
File: Screenshot_20170319-233159.png (165KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170319-233159.png
165KB, 1080x1920px
Hi guys,

Live in the UK. Bought a Zuk Z2 on the 6th Jan and have it since then. Pic related is my battery life. Running Unofficial Dirty Unicorns 7.1.x custom ROM and some tweaks to optimize battery life.

You guys have any questions?

Cheers.
>>
What makes the LG G6's 2:1 screen ratio good? I heard technigger praising but I don't see what's so great about it.
>>
>>59517011
Do you suck dick?
>>
>>59517011
Are you managing your wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats? Have you killed Google Services? Are you using Greenify and ForceDoze?

You can use Greenify and ForceDoze in conjunction. Also try to debloat as much as you can, especially the Chinese cloud service.

As for how Dirty Unicorns performs I can't speak to that.
>>
>>59517011
Also, lower the screen light intensity.
>>
>>59517135
I don't manage wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats.
I haven't killed Google Services, is it necessary?
I do use Greenify and ForceDoze.

Seems to me that the ROM is stock, nothing to debloat, but gonna get a uninstaller now and see if theres any chinese left over in the phone.

Performance is pretty much smooth, rarely play games but alot of Netflix.
>>
>>59517167
Screen is pretty much always nearest the lowest option, no point brightening it.
>>
>>59500416
Does unlimited performance mean that the battery never drains? Wtf I love Motorola now
>>
>>59516275
With import fees it is around 200$ for me. But a friend of me made a warranty claim on a redmi note 3 pro. It took 3 months to get processed and he had to pay 30$ additional. Chink phone support is too time consuming for me.
Honor 8 looks nice. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>59516832
Mi Mix.
The mate is just another chinkphone, the Mi Mix is incredible - I've seen one in person and it's the fucking future.

Though I'd wait a month or two, the Mi Mix 2 will be out, with an 835, even less bezels and a much needed better camera.
>>
>>59517389
I heard its not until Q4 2017
>>
>>59517577
>>59517577
>>59517577

Get in there!

Oneplus one makes a new announcemente --1 day after I buy Oneplus 3T. FML

>>>59517577
>>
What's the cheapest AT&T android phone that I can buy that you can install a custom version of Android on? (LineageOS, Cyanogenmod, or other vanilla android build with no google shit). I absolutely can't stand the bloat of a stock android installation on phones/tablets.
>>
>>59517852
Used Nexus 5?
>>
>>59514088
Try textra
>>
File: 371.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
371.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>59509053
>font
>>
>>59516247
Do you have any source on this? I'm not a Samsung shill but I do want to get a phone that will last at least 2-3 years for as little money as possible, so I am genuinely curious.
>>
i smashed the shit out of my s7 today (threw it against bricks and concrete, hit it...etc)

fucking thing was already cracked because i dropped it once literally right after i took the case off.

it refused to transmit files properly over bluetooth, identify fingerprints correctly and the battery was """suddenly""" shit. Worked great when i got it a year ago or whatever, suddenly started working like shit then i dropped it one more time and the screen stopped working.

So i fucking took out all my autism rage on it. punched and threw this fucking thing so many times the front glass popped off. Its incredible how durable this thing is for how fragile the most important part (screen) is. It's still working of course. I can get texts and phone calls, even after throwing this faggotphone against literall brick and crushing it with the back of my heal

150 for the warranty replacement. not bad but fuck me i wont take the case off ever again
>>
File: Screenshot_20170321-212051.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170321-212051.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Is there an adaptor of some sort to attach this tripod to my OP3?
>>
Holy fuckin shiet my Mate 9 lasts 5 fuckin days without charging and I play games everyday in class with it
it also charges in less than 2 hours to 100%
Its fucking best phone I every used
Why isnt it recommended that much around here
add it to the chart remove v20
>>59516832
get mate 9
>>
6 apps open, watching videos, phone warm to touch

CPU-Z is reporting 38 C.

Normal?
>>
got an honour 6x with 64 gb storage and 4gb ram for less than 300 bucks . did i do well
>>
File: 1330142670994.jpg (57KB, 505x680px) Image search: [Google]
1330142670994.jpg
57KB, 505x680px
MOTO G5+ IN THE US OF A FUCKING WHEN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Malcolm-X.jpg (125KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
Malcolm-X.jpg
125KB, 500x631px
HTC 10 or Oneplus 3T???
>>
Hey guys, poorfag here.
Looking for a new telephoner.
>Budget
200 $ dollares
>Carrier AT&T
Basically want something that can run more than one app at a time. I have a Samsung Galaxy Express right now, and I need to upgrade. I forgot what it's called, but I would love a phone that could use microsd as internal storage. Don't mind chinese phones.
>>
S7 or 3T o iP6s? No problem about the budget.
>>
>>59520261
May i ask, why you put 2 mid tier phones against a master race god tier one?
>>
File: id225071_1.jpg (24KB, 646x284px) Image search: [Google]
id225071_1.jpg
24KB, 646x284px
I just bought the image related, since it's supported by a Snapdragon 625, will it get good ROM support?
>>
>>59520393
Those are my only choices as of now, so 3T then?
>>
>>59520471

Too early to tell. Probably should, if the G4 means anything.
>>
>>59519151
the moral of the story is to not buy samshit
>>
What is a good cheap phone that has 1080p HD, 60fps Recording, a Big Screen, Large internal Memory (fairly at least, more than 8gig), and good performance for games/multiple programs?
I am eyeing a Moto G4 Plus, anyone else want to give their input?
>>
>>59517011
Sooo... is this bad?
>>
>>59517263
Honor 6X too, also called Huawei GR5 2017 in that region.
>>
>>59520393
The mic on 3T is horrendous homie also battery life
>>
>>59520471
most likely yes
>>
>>59521223
Yeah, you definitely know which phone is master race god tier. <insert android emoji here>
>>
So I heard that the Zuk Z2 Pro's ROM is not that great, can I install a different one, like Cyanogen? Would that be good? I'm don't know much about phones so sorry if I'm sounding retarded.
>>
>>59521252
so samshit? you lost me homie
>>
File: IMG_20170320_133421.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_133421.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
With the influx of budget dual rear camera phones, do you think it'll be good to give one as a gift? What would you guys recommend?
>>
any thoughts on this bad boy?

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p10_lite-8598.php
>>
anyone who can recommend a top tier chink phone? chinkshit general seems to be outdated.
>>
>>59522066
I'll echo the shit out of /spg/

[spoiler]OP3T[/spoiler]
>>
>>59520933
Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro
>>
>>59517554
>>59517554
They're chasing the release of the 835, test boards have already been seen in the wild and design was rumored to of been finalized at the start of this month.
I'd imagine they'd already have full scale rapid prototypes, screens should be available early next month and production/QA finalization should start mid next month.
Given Xiaomi's rapid design process and their fondness for immediate releases (ie. Shipping from the production line, rather than producing in batches) we could see a limited release late April / early May.
>>
>>59522066
Mi Note 2
>>
>>59522230
I want a camera I can use, dickwad.
>>
why doesn't the lgv20 have water resistance

:(
>>
>>59522094
looks promising.
>>
>>59522278
>top tier
>>
Xiaomi pro 2 when?
>>
>>59522066
Zuk edge, Zuk z2 pro, Meizu pro 6 plus, honor 8
>>
>>59522256
I wonder how they'll manage to improve the Mi Mix. Design wise there's not much you can do when the screen covers all the frontal area.

I've read that it can't withstand a single drop, and any impact will brake the frame. I honestly don't know if that's something you can actually fix, given the all-screen design.
>>
File: mfw2.gif (114KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
mfw2.gif
114KB, 480x480px
What's something 120-180ish with good 4G/LTE band support in the US guys?

Really really really want that Redmi Note 4 but on Cricket or Freedom Pop and some other cheapo stuff I only would get a single band of support.

does this matter?

what if I want to switch providers?
>>
When will copperheadOS support new devices and will it be better than lineageOS?
>>
File: bad!.jpg (170KB, 1030x1067px) Image search: [Google]
bad!.jpg
170KB, 1030x1067px
>>59522610
They could start by providing the advertised screen/body % ratio, lol.
>>
File: 1480511775010.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480511775010.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>59522705
>yfw the Mi Mix boasted of having the highest screen to body ratio
>yfw it was false advertisement
>yfw the Samshit S8 will actually have some insane StB ratio
>>
>>59519318

I was gonna get it but the P10 Plus is right around the corner.
>>
>>59522625
LeEco Le Max 2 has full support for T-Mobile and AT&T's bands. Cricket uses AT&T's network so it'll work on that also.
http://www.banggood.com/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-5_7-inch-4GB-64GB-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1125233.html
>>
>>59517263
yeah, honor 8 is pretty good
it's basically the p9 but prettier and cheaper
>>
>>59498414

Go get what you want. Return it. You paid for this thing.
>>
Upgraded from a Note 3 to a $480USD S7 Edge, the S8 is likely going to be approximately 1300 AUD in Australia

Does it still hold up?
>>
OP3T, iP7, S7?
>>
LG g6
>IPS lcd
Hahaha no one buys non amoled phones in current year
>>
>>59523976
Except people that don't like having shit burned in their LCD
>>
how come no one ever mentions the honor 5c in these threads? seems like a pretty good phone
currently deciding between it and the moto g4
>>
>>59523986
Amoled or LCD?
What's actually the difference? Pros and cons
>>
>>59523992
Just buy a Redmi 4 Prime or Note 4X, faggot
>>
>>59524005
yeah, no
>>
>>59524003
AMOLED has better colours and consumes less power, but it's more expensive and degrades over time.
>>
>>59524078
Is the degrade noticeable? Is the time like less than one year or like over 4-5 years?
>>
>>59524201
Degrade is more like 2 years, especially if you're looking at solid colors a lot. Look at the blue screen tests on youtube. they have a blue screen on for hours and the "blueness" gets burned into the pixels.

if you plan to have the phone for a long time, go for LCD
>>
>>59509053
You are one vile creature
>>
What phone would you guys recommend if I have a budget of about €250?
>>
>>59497848
Small form factor with almost flagship level performance. Expandable storage not really a priority. Needs a fast camera with good iq.
>>
File: google-pixel-02.jpg (45KB, 660x578px) Image search: [Google]
google-pixel-02.jpg
45KB, 660x578px
Looking for someone who owns a Google Pixel to enlighten me about the quality of it's camera.

Considering a KeyOne, and it supposedly has the same camera.
>>
>>59524724
Watch out. Camera software is a big part of what makes a good photo.

Other phones with the same camera as the Pixel have much much inferior quality.
An anon with a pre-release keyone posted photos a few threads ago and said the quality was similar to a Nexus 5X.

The 5X's camera was good but it's nowhere near the level of the Pixel.
>>
>>59524724
the Xiaomi Mi5s also has a Sony IMX378 sensor like the Pixel but it's camera is dogshit
>>
I've never gotten a phone at launch.
Will there be enough S8's to go around or is it likely to sell out day one?
I'm on Verizon if it makes any difference.
>>
>>59525210
it will probably sell on day one, i also think it's gonna be a lot more expensive than the s7 was
i'm thinking about the 700-800$ price range
>>
>>59524724
Very few cheaper flagships have a good camera.
Zuk Z2 Pro, 1+3t, Meizu Pro 6 Plus, Huawei P9/Honor 8 all have pretty good cameras for their prices, but google has the advantage of superior software quality. For daylight shots a nexus 5 can still easily hold it's own against a 1+3t thanks to the Google camera app and HDR+.

As a Zuk Z2 Pro owner though, I have to say that the 64GB model is extremely worth it for the price it's going for now. Have some camera samples if anyone is interested. Low light, daylight, indoors, etc.
>>
>>59525230
post them
>>
File: 1HZYhbv.png (23KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1HZYhbv.png
23KB, 264x320px
Is it safe to buy the Axon 7 off of Gearbest/Aliexpress? they go for a cheaper price, but I don't trust chink salesman
>>
I dropped my Galaxy S5 the other day and the outside is 100% fine but the screen stopped working and I'm not sure if I should take it to be fixed or just up and buy a new phone. I don't really know what is actually wrong with it because it works as if it's fine just the screen is dead.

I'm on T-Mobile and I'm not too into phones, but losing my phone I realized how much I need one but not sure what to get
>>
>>59525399
you should get a new one, the older galaxy s phones age really badly
>>
File: Screenshot_129.png (2MB, 1103x796px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_129.png
2MB, 1103x796px
>>59525399
you probably dropped it and the ribbon cable for the display snapped off

the screen is most likely fine, but a repair shop will prolly charge you out the ass for the repair because the screen is easy to fuck up when taking it off

get a new used s5
>>
>>59525413
do the new Galaxy s phones age any better? I'd be willing to sell my soul to make payments for the next 2 years but if i do that I'd like it to last

>>59525443
Yeah a couple places were charging like $200+ but they didn't even open the the thing to see what was wrong so I was pretty skeptical.
Another S5 sounds nice but I was looking into other phones too since a lot of people told me S5s give out quick.
>>
File: IMG_20170322_202219.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_202219.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>59525319
Not the best camera, but definitely the best phone camera I've used today. Nexus 5 with HDR+ looks nicer in direct daylight imo, but indoors and in low light this absolutely destroys the nexus.
>>
>>59524883
>>59525077
>>59525230

So what you're all telling me is that i'd best just hold out on it?
>>
File: 1345039017057.png (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1345039017057.png
16KB, 200x300px
My Nexus 5x won't boot up anymore, I literally was just watching a video and then the whole phone crashed and tried to reboot. It gets to like the Google logo and stops, how do I fix this? What did I do?

Please tell me I can recover my stuff
>>
>>59525851
it got the good old lg bootloop
>>
>>59525912
How do I fix it?
>>
>>59525228
Yeah. I think I'll just wait for the next shipment or something.
But my birthday is around the same time so I'll probably be getting a bunch of money from relatives.
>>
File: IMG_20170317_193738.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_193738.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>59525551
>>
>>59525946
you can't
>>
>>59522551
I'm waiting for its release so I can buy a redmi pro for even cheaper.
Try and stop me /spg/
>>
>>59526085
Why should we stop you from suffering buyers remorse?

Your choice, your loss, doesn't affect us in the slightest.
>>
>>59524667
iPhone SE
>>
>>59514705
>just wants his basic bitch apps to run well
>instagram, some casual games, facebook and shit

Your friend sounds like a female and you're not getting out of that friendzone by buying her a phone
>>
>>59525349
Aliexpress has the Chinese version which has less network bands than the US and EU versions
>>
Redmi Note 4 or 3 pro?
>>
>>59526587
seconding this, and why

Also, I have three choices, note 4 with mediatek, note 4 with snapdragon and note 3 pro, which one?
>>
poorfag here.

I was given a hand-me-down phone from my older brother and was wondering if I could turn it into a prepaid phone despite it previously being a contract phone?
>>
>>59526702
The Mediatek one has the best performance of the 3.
>>
>>59521392
Doogee Shoot 1
>>
>>59526052
No seriously
>>
I've had my Nexus 5 for about 2-3 years and want to upgrade. I loved this phone but I hear the new Nexus are terrible.
Any recommendations?
>>
>>59526972
Actually the nexus 5x was really cool until it refused to boot, seriously /g/ how do I fix it?
>>
>>59526587
>>59526702
Get the SD625 version
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-review-1568.php
>>
I know this is kind of a stupid question, but I wanted to get a smartphone without the phone plan, basically a handheld device so I can use phone apps when waiting for the bus and such between class.
It doesn't have to be powerful, just play anime and games and not be a laptop.
My issue is being poor, so laptops I find under $50 are either 20 minutes of battery with a fuck-huge screen at 1366x768 and fans that are louder than the space shuttle takeoff, or they're just a scam.
Where would I find a cheap-ass smartphone for daily use around this price that isn't just a scam?
>>
>>59521285
Blease andser
>>
>>59527188
BLU R1 HD for $60 with Amazon Prime

Or

Prepaid Moto G4 Play for $55
>>
>Budget
250€
>OS
Android
>Screen size
no more than 4.5"
>Special requirements
removable battery, SD card slot, no less than 16GB insternal storage, somewhat nice screen

Any suggestions? Why is it so fucking hard to find a good smartphone these days?
>>
>>59498787
OP3T
>>
>>59527400
A phone with those specs doesn't exist
>>
Under what conditions does the Z5 Compact overheat, if that's still an issue now?
>>
poor russian here
when s8 came out, could you sent me became unuseful sgs7/sgs7 edge/iphone 6s/6s plus, please? thanks, much appreciated

or Nexus 5 at least

i suffer a lot. my nexus 4 was a nice phone, but i broke his glass(SECOND TIME), and repair is 4000 fucking rubles. aliexpress screen costs 2000 though, but i am afraid to repair by myself

last two years i am using mom's Philips s308(480x800 4 inch screen and 512 mb of rma, which feels like 128 mb of ram) and it drives me crazy
>>
>>59527538
sent my comrade :^)
>>
>>59527538
Stop being afraid and repair the screen, Igor. Make motherland proud.
>>
>>59527607
it costs 4000 rubles!
i am not so rich to drop 4000 rubles for a screen

i am poor student
>>
>>59527516
Are you really trying to tell me that there are no good smartphones left on the market? I just want a fucking Galaxy S Plus with updated performance.
>>
>>59527635
Do it yourself
>>
>>59521285
Can I please get a fucking answer, god fucking damn...
>>
Looking for a good durable "pub phone" with good camera and HD screen.
Budget-300€
Can you help me /g/?
>>
>>59527015
why not the mediatek one? Apart from battery life and maybe camera, it seems to be significantly faster than the sd variant
>>
>>59525669
Depends on how big of a deal a camera is to you
>>
>>59527639
Problem is the size. There's no new android phones below 4.7-5”
>>
>>59527898
because it's mediakek. It has a bad reputation since mediatek smartphones usually never get custom roms.

I'd simply get the sd 625.
>>
>>59527400
x compact would be the closest of what you want. You can get it used for less than 300 on ebay but

>no removable battery
>4.6" screen
>>
>>59527898
Mediatek means no custom ROMs so you're stuck on MIUI. Also it's only the CPU that is faster, the GPU in the Mediatek is actually slower than the one in the Redmi Note 3 Pro or the Note 4 Snapdragon, so it's worse for gaming too.
>>
>>59527639
Moto G5 has a removable battery, MicroSD slot, 16gb internal storage but it's 5"
>>
>>59527660
The ZUK's ROM is not necessary bad, just very different compared to stock android. Watch some youtube videos or something to see how it is. And yes you can install another ROM.
>>
>>59528072
Meh. I could live with that.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.