[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 45

Old thread here: >>5945172
>>
File: mbp14.jpg (44KB, 452x420px) Image search: [Google]
mbp14.jpg
44KB, 452x420px
>>59467338
Bit the bullet in 2014 and bought a Macbook Pro because I needed access to OS X and I'm stuck with it. It comes with a pre-installed 128GB SSD which is good for fuck shit and buying a replacement SSD is expensive as fuck.

I want to have both Windows and Mac on it and use Windows for lightweight/low-spec game and the only solution I can think is an external hard drive.
Should I buy a usb 3.0 external?
Or buy an internal with sata and sata to usb 3.0 converter?

Would something cheap like this take an hour to load games?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-USB3-0-1TB-Stable-External-Hard-Drives-Portable-Laptop-Mobile-Hard-Disk-/262855250643?hash=item3d3364d2d3:g:07cAAOSw~AVYpSRO

Thanks
>>
File: Speccy.png (97KB, 663x443px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
97KB, 663x443px
I just fresh installed windows on my new rig which I bought from my friend.

My question is about whether or not i'd need Geforce Experience. I want to do two things.

1. Install the right drivers for games performance, and keep them up to date.

2. Stream my games to my Shield Tablet.

Is Geforce Experience what I need to do the above? If so how do I download the right drivers from within it?
>>
File: 1489770559725.png (295KB, 653x408px) Image search: [Google]
1489770559725.png
295KB, 653x408px
I got gifted this laptop that came up with Windows 8 installed, videos on YouTube using Firefox could run no problem in 720p 60fps/1080p 60 fps. Installed Windows 7 and the videos on YouTube flatout freeze when using high resolution, but you can still hear the video. What gives?
>>
I was considering buying a VPN.
Is there a good one /g/ recommend usually ?
>>
>>59467511
Did you install the IGPU drivers?
>>
Is it possible to spoof your IP to a specific IP address?
>>
Is recording CPU or GPU heavy?
>>
File: webworm.jpg (95KB, 905x418px) Image search: [Google]
webworm.jpg
95KB, 905x418px
What the fuck is this anon talking about?
>>
>>59467338
I'm learning some basic HTML and I have a project. The idea is that I have a box on my site that people input text into, and I send that text as a part of a list on another page (user inputs an record name, the machine sends that to a <ul> as a bullet in the list)

What is the best way of going about this? I don't know any php.
>>
So recently, over the past hour, my GPU has locked up on two separate games, forcing me to restart my computer. What are some basic things I can do to try and figure out what is going on?
>>
>>59467338
wot a cut doggo :3
>>
>>59467969

I used DriverPack Solution (Some program that installs all the missing drivers of your computer) so yeah, it installed those.
>>
Is FX8320e housefire?

With the crashing price, I'm planning to get one for a home server, but I'm too afraid of leaving the house while it's running.
>>
File: cropped_drake_sign.jpg (151KB, 1280x966px) Image search: [Google]
cropped_drake_sign.jpg
151KB, 1280x966px
If I buy a 4chan pass, is Hiro tracking my posts and what IPs they are tied to?

A-asking for a f-friend
>>
>>59468253
Recommendation, always install your drivers manually.

Buy a intel CPU if you are worried about housefires.
>>
what makes quantum computing faster than regular 1 and 0 that we use for modern processors?
>>
>>59468041
If you're using AMD VCE or NVidia's NVEnc it'll be mostly on the GPU. Otherwise you'll be using all CPU.
>>
>>59468639
If im using a I5-4460 it shouldn't be heavy for it right?
>>
File: Jesus Christ.png (69KB, 1758x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ.png
69KB, 1758x600px
HELP ME PLEASE.....
>>
>>59468657
What resolution/fps do you want to record. No gpu?
>>
>>59468270
They are tracked like that regardless of pass
>>
>>59468688
IGPU(HD 4600), 1080p@60FPS.
>>
>>59468685
This is a question of variable scope. Once you are in a function you only have access to global variables and passed in parameters
>>
>>59468697
Should be fine for simple stuff (browsers, desktop use). But games it's probably gonna be pretty bad. Check out OBS and try a recording.
>>
>>59468725
What if i add a simple GPU? (GTX 1050Ti).
>>
My phone is rooted and I need an adblocker. Theres tons of them and I don't know what to go with. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59468737
Adaway.
>>
>>59467338
if I sign up for Google Hangouts 14 day trial for a conference call, can another person host it, or does the person hosting it have to sign up for the trail?
>>
>>59468176
You would have to send input box input as POST data to a database and read the database on another page to display the list. If it was all on the same page you could use JS only.
>>
>>59468733
Pretty much any 'modern' GPU (AMD/NVidia) will be much better. They have ASIC chips on them specifically made to record what they're displaying with little overhead. Using your CPU you'll see a big drop in when recording.
>>
Does anyone on /g/ have a chromebox? Like pic related. I'm posting this from a Chromebook as is and honestly, the ChromeOS system as a whole is easily one of the better OS's I've used. For general browsing, ease of connectivity, and I can even connect to my file server no problem. I figure a 10w chromebox would be better than my i7-6700k/980ti system for watching anime and movies. Plus I wouldn't feel guilty at all leaving my chromebox running all the time.
>>
>>59468685
squares doesn't exist anymore in your new function.
you can use
function(square) {
}.bind(null, squares[i])

though.

null overwrites this, squares[i] will become the first parameter of the function.
>>
File: asd.png (41KB, 483x345px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
41KB, 483x345px
Is Transcend a good SD brand?
I just had a Sandisk card go corrupt on me and I need a replacement by monday, so I'm looking at my local pick-up options. They're kinda overpriced. The cheapest options seems to be Transcend and Sony, but the fucking Sams club won't pick up the phone to let me know if the Sony card is in stock or I have to order online for pickup.
>>
File: 1489603254746.jpg (59KB, 891x952px) Image search: [Google]
1489603254746.jpg
59KB, 891x952px
Why does Orbot constantly go down under. How is anyone supposed to use this? Am I using it wrong?
>>
>>59468846
Samsung>Sandisk>ADATA>Roll the dice

Shitty brands:
PNY, chinese, others.
>>
ok how do I use the code tag
int main(int argc, char **argv) {
printf("Hello World!\n");
return 0;
}

Like this?
>>
>>59468846
Transcend is alright. They also make SSDs and are usually middle of the road in regards to performance, but offer solid dependability. What is the card for? For general storage, really any major brand would suffice. If you're attempting to format the SD card for use as Android internal storage, fork over the extra money and snag a Samsung Pro something or other. Much better write durability.
>>
>>59468883
Well maybe if this shitty Sandisk didn't die on me. Fuck.
I'll probably roll the dice with the Sony card. Or I could lower it to a 32gb Kingston. Is that any better?
>>
how do i read the wsj online for free?
>>
>>59468917
Fiio X3ii MP3 player, which is notorios for slowing down when opening the library once you have 5000+ songs in it. Read speed is good, but not enough to fork out extra money. I'm settling for a class 10. That's what my old Sandisk was and it performed okay.
>>
>>59468918
SDs cards can die often, is mostly luck based and if what you do with them is write heavy.

Samsung and Sandisk SDs are good because if they brick there is a chance they only brick in a read only safe mode in a way the data isn't lost.

If you only read from it (Music for example) any SD will last you a long time.
>>
File: file.png (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
59KB, 800x600px
Hey, any help with my issue? I'm trying to create a dropbox that'll contain module names. When you drop down to the module you want, the quiz dropbox below it would display only quizzes that have the same module_ID as whatever module it was.
>>
>>59469123
completely wrong approach.
if you are already stuck here you aren't going to make it.

here's a rough plan on how to do it:

only prefill the first dropdown like this on page load.
with javascript listen to the change event of the first dropdown.
when it changes, post the id to your backend, query the records you need based on the id and return them.
create the options elements based on the return values.
>>
is it safe to just put my computer to sleep mode instead of shutting it down? i haven't actually shut down my pc in over a month
>>
If a class in Java extends another class, does it still need to import the package that the superclass is from?
>>
>>59469308
Just turn it off anon in the night anon.
>>
>>59469263
So wait, how do you pass the value to the queries?
>>
>>59469376
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/basics/prepared.html#overview_ps
>>
>>59469376
or if you want to be a shitter you can just concat it to your query string.
>>
I switch between my headphones and my speakers a lot for my computer, is there some kind of 1/8" jack switchbox I can get?
Current system is to have an extender from the back of the computer and then taped to my desk, alongside the headphone and speaker jacks, but even that isn't as convenient as I'd like.
>>
>>59469369
but it takes longer to start and i'm scared it doesn't remember my open tabs
>>
Would a 650w power supply be enough for an rx 480 and overclocked r7 1700?
>>
>>59469516
Your tabs shouldn't be that important. But it doesn't matter. PCs should be fine with sleep or full shutdown, it's just a minor power difference
>>
>>59469519
Yes.
>>
>>59469545
Thanks for the answer but would it have enough headroom for a future GPU upgrade or is it cutting it close?
>>
>>59469585
It should be enough for almost any single gpu setup
>>
Uh hi /g/
Every few hours a bunch of multicolored rectangles show up on my screen for a second and my tablet goes into a middle ground between on and off(screen in black but light) until I turn it off
I got the tablet for Christmas in 2015
wat do
>>
>>59469326
was this question not stupid enough?
>>
How the fuck do I into UI in Java?
Shit like layout managers, Swing, Panels- how the fuck did anyone design these in code alone?
>>
>>59469743
Great, thanks. I don't envision GPUs becoming super power hungry in the future with HBM becoming a thing so I guess I'll be fine.
>>
>>59469795
GroupLayouts are sweet. I wish HTML had anything that flexible yet simple. Flexboxes have some of the basic features, but nowhere near as complete.
>>
>>59467417
>Geforce Experience
Like AMD catalyst, it should detect the card and install drivers itself.

>>59467702
Why do you want to purchase one rather than spinning up a droplet with open vpn? Maybe im paranoid level 99 but I dont trust a single fucking vpn company, especially when they are in eu countries with vague internet privacy laws.

>>59468016
yes and no. you can mask your ip to be another public ip, but the question is what is the purpose youre trying to acheive here? You wont break into someones network doing this since NAT means everyone is using private class ips anyway

>>59468062
"I was a north american fall webworm in another life" is a quote from an AI character in metal gear solid. We obviously as he said started off orignally as a ntoher program then was cobbled together to becoime an AI

>>59468196
play them on your hd graphics and see if the freezing still occurs
swap pci slots
check temps in speccy
>>
what's an easy way to kill my phone so i can return it for a replacement under the one year warranty?
>>
>>59470026
put it in your anus
>>
>>59470026
bend one of the battery pins say you have a second battery you carry with you
>>
>>59468260
if your house catches fire then you can sue ths fuck out amd. which means NO.

>>59468748
why not try and find out, its free.

>>59468852
these things are constantly being dosd by alphabet letter agencies

>>59468935
their articles always turn up on other sites just google article name

>>59469505
that was hard

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/mini-Stereo-Audio-Switch-Box-A-B-Switch-3-5mm-2-PORT-manual-selector-way-2-1-/321697391568

>>59469768
try nuking and reinstalling
>>
File: 1479919565118.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1479919565118.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>tfw vishera (8320e) and 8gb ram
>tfw old as fuck am3+ motherboard
>tfw want m.2 and more usb ports

Do I upgrade this old whore to the teeth or just save for a whole new system or upgrade with parts I can carry over to a new build?
>>
>>59470045
>say you have a second battery you carry with you
what do you mean?

>>59470041
i don't have an iphone
>>
My 13 old plasma tv is showing its age. What would a good 50 inch + replacement be for it?
>>
>>59470175
I assumed you didn't have an iphone because the iphone is designed to be anus friendly
>>
>>59470249
no my anus is too thicc. i would destroy an iphone and void the warranty.
>>
What's the point of dual-booting?
Is there things you can do in Linux you can't do in Windows?
For Linux, Debian testing or Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?
>>
I have a fuck ton of pictures spread across 100+ folders, they contain duplicates, what is the easiest way to find dups and delete them?
Some folders may be 100% dups as well.So it needs to manage folders too
>>
is kakaotalk a botnet or /g/ approved
>>
Windows 10 Laptop updated last night after slecting shutdown. Turn it on today. No software will launch, no internet browsers, can't system restore as it keeps failing. Can browse files, but using the search function on the raskbar will crash explorer and get the taskbar stuck unresponsive on the screen. What do?
>>
>>59470478
Reimage your weekly/daily backup that you maintain
>>
>>59470428
The two main reasons for multi-booting is to use it as a test environment (i.e. develop and test for multiple platforms) and because you really want to use Linux but some games/programs you occasionally want to use won't work through WINE.

Or if you just want to dip your feet in and try out Linux and see if you like it while having Windows to fall back on if you don't. Which I guess is really the most common use of Dual Booting.

I recommend starting with Ubuntu
>>
Trying to write a bash script to read a JSON, and return a value for a certain key. That returned value will most often be another object.

I can only use python for this.

I was trying to follow the solution here (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41450080/get-json-value-from-bash-curl-response-with-python), but it's just not working for me for some reason. Nothing prints out. Even when I change my code to match his example exactly (same JSON and same python line), nothing prints.

Here is my JSON (I'm trying to get "bundles"):

{
"bundles": {
"SOME_FLOW": {
"label1": "good",
"label2": "good",
"label3": "bullshit",
"label4": "good",
"label5": "bullshit",
"label6": "good",
"label7": "bullshit"
}
}
}

Here is my script:

#!/bin/bash
function getData {
JSON="$(cat bundles.json)"
myvar1=$( echo $JSON | python -c "import sys, json; print json.load(sys.stdin)['bundles']")
echo "$myvar"
}
getData

Nothing prints.

Even tried making "bundles" just a string instead of another object, but still nothing.
>>
How can I do collaborative file editing on a Ubuntu Server?
>>
am i the only one having problems with loading media on 4chan?
all pics and webms load very slowly. for example, it took several seconds to fully load >>59467362 and >>59467417
even though they are merely a few kilobytes
same shit on mobile

only very very few pics are loaded almost instantly.
i don't get it. internet speed is fine and works perfectly on 8ch4n or any other website for that matter. only 4chan does that.
>>
>>59470648
mook is jewingg every last penny out of the site falsely and moved to shitty servers, nothing you can do
>>
/mu/ here

so i want to start recording a few things on my laptop, but it only has one combo jack port
is there some sort of "combo to mic/headphones" splitter i can buy for cheap, or do i have to shell out money for a fancy USB interface?
>>
>>59470648
Any image from the "IS2" and "IS" server will load slow.
"I" server will load images just as fast.
>>
File: a.png (31KB, 849x247px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
31KB, 849x247px
>>59470771
like this?
>>
>>59470818
i have one of those but can't get it to work on my laptop (it works on my phone though, and the laptop works with some headphones)
it's weird idk
>>
File: omtpvsctia.jpg (47KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
omtpvsctia.jpg
47KB, 800x500px
>>59470834
probably due to the two different methods for putting a mic pin on a 3.5mm connector

you'll need to figure out which one your laptop is
>>
I need an SSD.
I don't need much more than just enough to install my OS and maybe one game on, so I'm looking for a 120GB ssd. Should I just go Samsung or are other brands safe?
>>
>>59470233
they dont make plasmas anymore

>>59470442
anti twin was the best program i found for this

>>59470450
only if you talk in squiggles you filthy thai

>>59470581
chmod 777

>>59470882
whatever one for the budget you can afford has best IOPS
>>
>>59470450
it's simple to know if something is /g/ approved or not

>is it proprietary ?
if yes, then it's a botnet.

>is it a freeware ?
if yes, then it's a botnet because that probably means they are selling their users data
>but they other ways to make money, maybe they actually don't sell users data !
Do you think they can actually make money from that only ? Do you actually believe discord makes money by selling themes and emojis or whatever ?
>do they devs/creators of the program used to sell users data in the past ?
That's stupid, but the people who created ghostery that aim to protect privacy used to sell their users data in the past, and that's probably what they do with ghostery.

If it's a messaging program:
>Is it centralized ?
if yes, it's a botnet
>is it end to end encryption ?
>is it rolling its own encryption or using something that already exist and that we know it just werks ?
>was the program audited properly ?
>>
>>59470882
samsung 850 evo series is fine for you needs
>>
>>59470478
Boot into recovery, run a system restore.

Also install Windows 8.1 since your laptop probably wont run 10.
>>
I'm about to buy a GTX 1080. should i get the evga "FTW" or the "classified" one? what about zotac cards? are they good?
>>
>>59471018
freetards actually believeq this
KeK
>>
>>59470882
Get a 250GB 850 EVO.

Also don't buy 120GB SSDs, they will last less than the 240-1TB versions because how they are made, also are slower.
And there is the problem that after installing windows you will end with 70-80GB usable if not less(120GiB SSD will leave you with 112 usable GB for Windows).
>>
>>59471027

It was pre installed Windows 10, it's a Surface Pro 4. Doing Restore gave a no permission for "WindowsApps". However after dealing with that it still seems to be having issues. Doing Restore from Recovery just yells foul too.
>>
>>59468766
I will buy a RX 460 or a GTX 1050Ti i guess, thanks.
I guess i will have to drop the idea of getting a 212 EVO.
>>
>>59471076
Reinstall Windows 10 enterprise LTSB then?
You should get a option to recover the files while installing.
>>
>>59471037
Zotac is budget but usually ok. Evga is one of the better brands, FTW doesn't make a huge difference, it's usually just a decent overclock and a backplate. I wouldn't pay a lot extra for it.
>>
>>59470428
Some people might say
>why use linux when all you do on it can be done on windows ?
But The thing is that linux provide a lot of things that are better than windows. From installing / updating / removing a software, secure, faster to boot, faster in almost everything, non shit filesystem and the list goes on.

I have met people that no longer wants to have to deal with windows because it's crippled with bugs compared to linux where things just werks. And when it doesn't work, you can just fix it, something that you might not be able to on windows.
And those people are tech illiterate

people dual boot because of windows. Because for some job they'll absolutely want stuff done with shitty .docx, because the game you want to play doesn't run properly on wine... for short, because devs don't want to port stuff to linux.

Nowadays I got a windows partition just in case I'll need it for my work. I no longer play windows games (the few one I got runs on wine with >30 fps)
>>
>>59471072
The 120gb and 250gb versions of the evo series are made identically and have the same stats.
So no, there is no difference beyond the capacity
>>
>>59471097
Not have any issues with the pen will it? Everything else works fine apart from the pen in Safe Mode.
>>
>>59469795
UIs are so easy to create with swing, qt or whatever you are using.

Most API use the layouts, so you'll find this concept a bit everywhere.
Lean to use vertical and horizontal layouts (and grid layouts too)
>>
File: 71Yz22j+B8L._SL1500_[1].jpg (190KB, 1500x911px) Image search: [Google]
71Yz22j+B8L._SL1500_[1].jpg
190KB, 1500x911px
I bought an hdmi switch so I could swap between my computer and switch, and because my monitor doesn't have any audio I made sure I got one that had aux out. however it was swapping my audio channels so I thought it was defective and got a replacement and it's STILL doing it. Is there anything I can do to swap the channels in w10? or does anyone have any suggestions for a better way to swap between two hdmi outputs while splitting the audio out to headphones?
>>
>>59471039
Prove me wrong

I don't know shit about kakaotalk, but discord is quite relevant and a good example. Prove me it's not a botnet
>>
File: 1.png (20KB, 477x269px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
20KB, 477x269px
Sometimes when I'm scrolling through my terminal these little white artifacts/corruption will appear. I have no idea what causes it, but it's only in the terminal. Any ideas?
>>
>>59471132
they dont last as long, there are not as many cells to spread the writes over. period point blank
>>
>>59471180
Why are you posting on a closed source proprietary imageboard software, using google botnet captcha to post?
>>
>>59471132
If there is a driver for it you will need to install it.
The pen probably doesn't work because Safe mode doesn't run most drivers and programs by default.

Try reinstalling windows as a last resort measure.
For now lets try to fix your problem, what were you doing before your windows partition got corrupted?
>>
>>59471185
Running Arch with urxvt as my terminal.

I have First gen Intel HD graphics if any of that matters.
>>
>>59467338
How the fuck do I add calendars to Etar? I tried syncing, uninstalling and reinstalling it, but all the calendars I have access to for my new job aren't showing up no matter what I do
>>
>>59471199
was for
>>59471157
>>
>>59471132
They are different:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8747/samsung-ssd-850-evo-review/2
>>
>>59471196
When did I said I cared about all those stuff ?
I just gave him an answer and those are facts.
If you can't give a single arguments just fuck off
>>
>>59471196
Why does the donkey drink from the same pool as the crocodile?
>>
>>59471037
Zotac is good.
Avoid ASUS unless you wanna roll the dice and have no warranty.
EVGA had problems early with 1XXX cards.
MSI is good.
PNY is unreliable.
>>
>>59471199
All that it had been used for all day was Photoshop, no issues the previous day. I did notice however that the hard drive upon rebooting this morning it had only 5GB of HDD space, I belive this may be an issue as it was a Shutdown + Update when I asked it to close down. But straightforward, I turned it off. It updated. Turned it on the next day. It stopped working.
>>
>>59471234
So you're a freetard hypocrite then.You spout all these nonsense and yet you're posting on a closed source proprietary imageboard software using google botcnet captcha.

Hypyocrite
(This will be the last message post relating to youl, because you're just going to spout more hypocritical nonsense and eventually bring up gnu)
>>
Alright, let's talk Atoms, particularly the motherboards that support them. I'm putting together a Linux box for kicks, and right now, I can get a motherboard and CPU together on eBay for some $30. At least one of them has two DIMMs and a PCI-e slot.

Having said that, it doesn't seem like any of these boards can support a standard CPU cooler, so passive cooling looks to be the only option. Is this a big deal given that I'm not going to use the machine for much beyond ricing and shitposting?

Also, is this a dumb idea?
>>
File: 1452130747547.jpg (54KB, 533x751px) Image search: [Google]
1452130747547.jpg
54KB, 533x751px
Can you clone an encrypted hard-drive?

I saw in Diskpart on Windows that the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted even though I didn't set up any of that (it's an Asus netbook).

Clonezilla successfully made an image, but I don't have a drive to test the image on. Will the image be ok as is or does the encryption affect it in any way?

I copied the entire disk as well, not just individual partitions.
>>
Long story short I'm a retard that installed a mod from a not so kind anon for a game, and the mod also came with a startup program that hid in a random file on my computer. I just deleted it, I think I got rid of it, not detecting any duplicate files or new startup programs.

Problem is I also did my taxes today. Lucky fucking me. I've already put a fraud alert on my SSN. Now I guess the question is do I call the IRS and let them know, or call the IRS, let them know, then make a Last Will and Testament before I off myself for being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>59471309
>Now scanning everything you download from 4chan
>>
>>59471327
Why do you think I'm currently looking up the nearest store that sells CO2 canisters
>>
Does google chrome incognito mode load cache and history into RAM in the IOS version?
>>
Exactly how much water will break a smartphone? At what point of exposure should you start worrying about it losing function? They're built with a small amount of water resistance for everyday shit right?
>>
>>59471253
How far do you get into booting Windows?
Can you load safe mode?
>>
>>59471392
Depends on the phone.

Most modern phones that arent chink are spill proof.
Others will resist up to a certain deep till water starts going in (usually 30cm-1m).
Others are just water resistant (Moto G3) and will support being submerged and wont die but remember, they are resistant, not proof.
>>
>>59471282
>I don't have any argument so let me call you a hypocrite freetard
Call me as you want and think whatever you want, but I still would like to know how a freeware makes money without selling their users data
>>
>>59471309
You should run an antivirus if you have one, MBAM, and TDSSKiller just to make sure. Both of em are free.

I'm so paranoid from something like that happening that I'd probably reinstall Windows myself. I got punked from a few hundred dollars through ebay before and now I don't shop online unless I'm booting off of a Live Linux USB.
>>
>>59471413
>deflecting
>>
>>59471417
>I'm so paranoid from something like that happening that I'd probably reinstall Windows myself
Yeah the usual procedure when something like this happens is DBAN and Reinstall.
>>
File: 1-1.png (1KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1-1.png
1KB, 300x300px
>>59471417
I've already done that. They didn't detect it on the first go through, which is why I thought I was safe and did my taxes like a good goy.
Checked startup and noticed a not so subtle, very high impact startup program with the same name as the mod's executable.
>>
File: pepe very sweaty.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
pepe very sweaty.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
Ok maybe someone can help me out with this, I opened up my computer to clean it and then a week later all of a sudden when I start the computer all my windows installations get to the boot screen for two seconds and then show the BSOD for a split second and reboots. I have no clue what the issue could be. I tried the hard drive on a different computer and it booted up. Then I thought it must be the motherboard, so I decided I would upgrade my motherboard and CPU anyway. I bought a new motherboard and CPU and even changed my ram to different known good sticks. And the same drive won't boot even with my new motherboard? The only thing I can imagine is that it's an issue with the PSU I don't have any full size desktop PSUs to test it with so I have no idea. Can someone shed some light on the issue here?
>>
>>59471450
Did you remember to reinstall windows?
Did you used a Linux USB to check your PC works just fine?
>>
>>59471396
It boots fine no issues there. Login to Windows. Then no apllications really work at all, inresponsive almost immediatly or just don't boot at all.

Safe Mode boots fine. Work fine.
>>
>>59471488
You cant do a system restore trough settings right?
Open start menu, click the power button and while holding shift pess shift, it should send you to other settings.
>>
>>59471446
Yeah fuck that then. Put any useful crap onto an external and nuke your drive.

It's nice to have a fresh install once in a while anyways.
>>
>>59471504
Probably just gonnna burn my porn to a disk and put my hard drive in a blender.
Nah fuck that. I'll just put my head in a blender.
>>
>>59471291
>Also, is this a dumb idea?
Kinda, atom its shit.

>I'm not going to use the machine for much beyond ricing and shitposting?

If you want a Linux box to thinker with, an RPi 3 (or chinkshit variants) its better, as for shitposting and ricing i guess you need a desktop environment, in that case a LGA775 board with a dual core has better price/performance ratio (you can find LGA775 PCs on the side of the road if you look carefully, offices are constantly disposing of these).
>>
4chan X QR submit button suddenly stopped working. what could eb the cause?
>>
>>59471485
I have a drive with antergos that works fine. I reinstalled windows on a different drive with the new mobo and it works fine but it's weird because I should be able to boot from my old drives.
>>
>>59471573
But still, did you reinstalled it or you are just trying to boot from old installs?
>>
>>59471582
Yes I reinstalled 7 on a different drive.
>>
>>59471599
Could you be more specific about your build?

BSOD shows no warning?
>>
>>59471565
No idea, but Appchan x its acting weird for me too, my guess is Hiroyuki changed something with the site.
>>
>>59471614
The BSOD lasts for a split second, not even enough time to show an error.
>>
>>59471616
cc0d fork having problems too.
>>
>>59471616
How is Appchan X acting weird for you?
>>
>>59471616
>>59471626
so it's not me acidentaly fucking up something at least
>>
>>59471620
By any chance are you using a Kaby lake build?
>>
>>59467362
An external 2.5" is the same as buying an internal 2.5" + an adapter. It's fine for games.

That auction does look a bit dodgy though.
>>
>>59471650
No my old motherboard has a AMD FX-6300 chip and my new has a haswell i5
>>
>>59471627
when opening a thread on a new tab from the catalog, there's no javascript at all, not even 4chan default code, the page loads the default css style but none of the links or buttons work, a simple reload of the tabs resolves this problem though.
>>
>>59471659
Have you tried other windows versions other than 7?
With no GPU if you have one?
>>
>>59471502
For some reason it says it has no System Restores that it can use from there. Just trying to System Restore from Safe Mode now as it goes back about 4 days.
>>
>>59471672
Yup tried it with a different card and the internal video and tried it with a drive with XP and Vista.
>>
>>59471702
Try a 8.1 ISO.

Still its weird, you said that you checked the RAM in another build so i guess there is no need to MEMTEST it.
Also windows should have no problems at all if you can run an antergos with no problems.
>>
are there any decent $500 or less 27" 144hz 1440p monitors?
>>
how the fuck do seed C's rand() with something that changes every time i launch the program, given that i can't use time() or anything related to that?
>>
I bought a used Verizon phone (Factory unlocked), but I've got another carrier (USC)..

Never used Android (iOS since my first smartphone, be gentle...) should I see if they can install their ROM, or should I just root and ditch the bloatware altogether? (Out of warranty anyway...)
>>
Had my oukitel k10000 for about 9 months now and finally decided I should install a new version of android and root it etc, what's the current /g/ approved version of android ?
>no gentoo pls
>>
Are there any secrets for getting cheap computer parts?

Like a good place to get them or a good time to buy them?

Looking for the cheapest significant upgrade to a GTX 970.
>>
>>59471898
Microcenter.
Amazon.
Newegg.

Black friday.
>>
>>59471898
r/buildapcsales
>>
File: Capture.png (75KB, 826x650px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
75KB, 826x650px
Screen flashed black and set my theme to basic. Only happend once, why ?
>>
>>59471968
A fullscreen program probably did it.
>>
is this the thread for asking stupid questions?
>>
>>59472001
yes it is
>>
>>59471828
Doubt you'll be able to get it to work with them. Why use the company with the worst reception?
>>
Why aren't tri or quad CPUs a thing?

Is it because at that point you might as well use more than one computer therefore there isn't a demand?
>>
>>59472060
It has great reception where I live, and it's a phone that both carriers have sold, so since it's factory unlocked all it needs is a USC SIM to function..
>>
>>59472129
Have you confirmed that anywhere?
>>
File: index.jpg (17KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
17KB, 270x270px
>>59472128
but there are quad mobos
>>
I have bought a new SSD, I want to install windows 7 onto it and boot from the SSD instead of my old hard drive.

How do I install Windows 7 onto my SSD? Do I need to buy a new copy of windows 7? The only guides I can find are guides that show installation of windows via disc.
>>
>>59472138
Their website: https://www.uscellular.com/site/legal/mobile-wireless-device-unlocking.html
>>
>>59472204
http://www.overclock.net/t/1587577/windows-7-updates-list-descriptions-telemetry

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

http://www.overclock.net/t/664738/how-to-setup-ssd-boot-drive-with-secondary-hard-disc-optimization
>>
How well does mac os support power users in comparison to windows and linux distributions?
>>
>>59471898
staticice
>>
>>59472038
ok
>>
>>59472208
That doesn't say anything about other companie's phones working on their network. CDMA phones have notoriously bad cross network compatibility.
>>
I bought an external disc drive and it came with a CD for installing Cyberlink Media Suite. Do I need it or can I just use the drive without it?
>>
>>59472204
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>59472272
Why would they bother putting a phone that wouldn't work on their network on list of phones they can unlock.

If it wouldn't work, they'd not put it on that page.
>>
File: ab-big.jpg (59KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
ab-big.jpg
59KB, 500x418px
>>59472128
most home users don't run so much at once to make good use of so many cores
there have been multi-cpu mobos for quite a long time
>>
>>59472296
Should only need it if it's blu-ray
>>
Can anybody recommend me a bluetooth mouse? Must be 5-button and track decently on varied surfaces.
>>
>>59472304
You misunderstand what that list is. They can't unlock phones from other carriers. Nobody can. That is a list of their own phones that they are willing to set free to take TO other carriers.
>>
Why can't Chrome load entire videos anymore while Firefox can?
>>
>>59471775
pls respond
>>
File: 1489149360866-a.jpg (68KB, 659x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489149360866-a.jpg
68KB, 659x960px
What's up /g/? Given the choice between using a Motorola Moto X Pure, or an LG V10, both on T-Mobile, which would you use? Long story short, I own both already. Paid in full. I only bought the V10 because the Pure was having a problem where it'd freeze up and reboot when trying to load thumbnails. The problem appears to be fixed now. I came across the Moto box in my closet today while cleaning. After booting it up, updating it 3 times, it's working phones.
>>
>>59472357
And they list the phone I've got as "factory unlocked"/can transfer between carriers.

So if can be transferred from their service to other CDMA carriers (Which are Verizon and Sprint.), the opposite can also occur.
>>
Is there any decent free image host out there suitable for hosting images used for a web site? Used to use Dropbox but doesn't seem practical anymore after how they've removed the Public folder. (Unless someone knows of similar functionality where you can make a whole directory public and have the structure be preserved so you can copy/paste an existing link when you have a new image and just change the file name each time.)
>>
I just got the latest Chrome update (yes, I know) and it seems like they made the font rendering worse, is anyone else experiencing this?
>>
>>59472313
Beware of Bluetooth mouse, they consume a lot energy compared to regular wireless mouses, i have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse, it works great but the battery (AA cell) last about a month, my old wireless mouse used the same battery but it last around 6 months, its supposed that Bluetooth 4 may be better at battery life though.

Anyway some Microsoft mouse have great surface compatibility but they don't make mouses with more than 4 buttons like logitech, check their MX Anywhere 2 its expensive but it covers your needs.
>>
>>59472525
No, see what they're saying is just that they won't introduce any artificial lock onto their phone. It doesn't say anything about who it is or isn't compatible with, in terms of software or even supported bands. Usually verizon unlocked phones are only compatible with GSM carriers and verizon's own MVNOs
>>
File: youre_a_nut.gif (994KB, 499x320px) Image search: [Google]
youre_a_nut.gif
994KB, 499x320px
What are some good programming projects for people who are familiar with how computers/languages work in general, but are unfamiliar with the process of developing large programs?
>>
>>59471723
It's really weird Ive ruled out the motherboard, cpu, ram, hard drive, The only thing I can imagine is that it's the PSU.
>>
>>59472306
>>59472171
whats the point since the invention of multicore cpus
>>
>>59467338
Why does that rainbow look like a dog
>>
>>59472739
simply epic.
>>
Im trying to install the android sdk adb drivers for my xiaomi phone, ive downloaded the drivers but theirs 3 dll's and androids website only gives instructions on installation for 7 and 10 and im on 8.1. what do i do
>>
>>59472767
Probably use the 8.1 instructions
>>
File: 20170319_163211.png (3MB, 1485x1418px) Image search: [Google]
20170319_163211.png
3MB, 1485x1418px
What does all this shit mean
>>
If I had a skype question could I ask it here? I was just wondering If now there's the forced update, if there's anyone to use the older versions still? I screenshare with my girlfriend a lot to do stuff and the new versions seem to lack desktop audio for screensharing, so we're unsure what to do now since I'm using a toaster
>>
>>59472895
if you don't know what it means, it doesn't concern you
>>
>>59472975
I know what some of those words mean, just not in relation to the other words

Can't you at least give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>59472895
Most Ultrasharp monitors are factory calibrated. They calibrate them quite well, so don't bother further calibrating the monitor yourself unless you have good calibrating equipment. Basically, just leave contrast and RGB values alone (you can change brightness, though) unless you know what you're doing.
>>
File: Photo0543.jpg (400KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0543.jpg
400KB, 1280x1024px
My grill needs a laptop for work, uni study and she'll also web browse and stream movies etc. Can someone school me on AMD vs Intel and HDD vs SSD without it turning into the usual 4chan shit fight? A kitteh for your troubles kind sirs.
>>
>>59473115
I do know they factory calibrate them, it's part of the reason I bought it.

Even so, the colour and brightness still feels... off somehow. It was the same with the last monitor I got, which I replaced with this one.

Is it possible there's something wrong with another component that would affect the display, the GPU maybe? Or is it just a matter of getting used to it? My last screen was on a 15" shit-top so maybe my perception is kind of fucked.
>>
>>59472640
According to this they support almost all of the same bands (Including B5 and B4 LTE bands.), so I should be a-ok.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/527756-lg-g4-models-cellular-frequencies.html
>>
>>59473173
Depends on what she does for work, but anything made in the last 2 years generally does fine for browsing. An i5 is more than enough for most things. You want an SSD, and ideally IPS.
>>
>>59473173
just get her a macbook lol
>>
>>59472639
MX Anywhere 2 seems like it would be great if it weren't for the (imo) dumb scroll mode switching with the middle click. I want my middle click to middle click, not change my scroll wheel behavior.
It's a shame there aren't many options, I just wanted to have a mouse to use with my ultrabook that required no dongle.
>>
>>59473293
Look, you're not getting what I'm saying. CDMA is ass at compatibility. GSM has this inherent requirement put out by the standards comity that made it, saying all phones have to be cross compatible. This applies to both hardware and software. So they might not have a perfect overlap in bands, but otherwise you can take an unlocked north american GSM phone and use it in europe or anywhere else where GSM phones exist. CDMA on the other hand is free to implement hardware or software limitations out the wazzoo. You wont get a japanise CDMA phone to run on sprint to save your life. And sprint/USC/verizon have a nasty history of not designing phones to work across networks or accepting phones without software specifically designed for their network. Usually you have to go digging around in forums looking to see if your specific model number (not phone title) is even capable of being supported, and if there's any special modifications you have to do to get it to work. You should assume one network will not support a specific model from another network until proven otherwise.
>>
>>59472783
i said they dont have them. 7's dont work, 10s are incompatible
>>
What's the Thinkpad of smartphones?
>>
i have a 10 year old cousin who wants to get into pc gaming and an old dell optiplex 760 with a core 2 duo e8400,one of these old nvidia 8500gts that i pulled out of an old server i had laying around, a 1024x768 crt monitor, and 4gb of ram

so far it works well enough for him to play bf3 on lowest settings at 480p, and insurgency and bfbc2 on low. I'd like to upgrade this computer as cheaply as possible so that he can play some newer games at native res on his monitor, even if it's just on the lowest settings.

I'll probably buy a core 2 quad q9550 or q6600 on ebay and throw in it and dig out 4gb more of ddr2 ram. what would be a good graphics card to pair with this processor and would this be able to play stuff like star wars battlefront, battlefield 4 &1, and other newish shooters at 1024x768?
>>
>>59473309
She's a pharmacist if that helps
>>
File: Screenshot (11).png (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (11).png
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>59473419
ok now i got it working but i get this screen
>>
>>59473435
this pc is so shit you could buy a new pc for the cost of whatever upgrades you do
>>
>>59473441
Well, assuming all they do is data entry and simple searches it shouldn't be any more intensive than browsing. You could probably get away with an i3, if you want to be on the safe side go with an i5-6XXXu
>>
>>59473470
what do you suggest i do with the $100 i'm willing to put towards this?
>>
>>59473455
Maybe your download is broken
>>
Is there a way to make it so recursive filtering on 4chan only applies to certain filters?

For example, could I filter all posts made by A, and all replies to A, but also filter B, but still see posts that reply to B?
>>
>>59473491
doubltful, otherwise it woundlt have unrared.

>>59473489
look into second hand computers.
>>
>>59473489
Start saving up for a better PC
>>
>>59473506
Not a guarentee. It's saying your hash doesn't match
>>
>>59473516
tried a second download, same issue.
>>
what's a good free anti virus and other essential security stuff that are also free? I'm on a pc windows 7. I had malware bytes installed but the trial expired
>>
File: question-mark-1750942_1280.png (128KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark-1750942_1280.png
128KB, 1280x1280px
My graphics card is not supported by Ubuntu.
Does that mean that the CPU is overworked because it has to do all the work of graphics card?
Also, is graphics card required to render non-video-game applications like a Desktop Environment?
>>
>>59473534
Use a generic ADB off XDA
>>
>>59473549
Install free malwarebytes. Avast is good
>>
>>59472303
>>59472220
Thanks, worked great.

But now I have what seems to be a ghost of the USB drive I used to install windows. It's named 'System (D:)' and I don't know how to get rid of it, the USB is unplugged of course.
>>
>>59473549
CS2017
>>
File: Untitled.png (85KB, 531x367px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
85KB, 531x367px
What causes appchan X to have this problem?
>>
>>59473571
How big is it?
>>
>>59473513
it's not going to be my pc so i really don't want to put more than $100 into it, ever. what he has now works well enough tb.h i just thought it could be improved upon a lot with a very little amount of money
>>
Any recommendations for a good dedicated camcorder that can record in full HD at 60fps? Will consider used as well. Looking to make a bunch of how-to videos for work, along with spotlight videos and other things. Boss man says get a dedicated camcorder because we've tried to rely on cell phones in the past and while the quality is good for the most part, it varies widely across the videos we've made so far. Plus, I think we're sick of having to borrow someone's phone or using our own and suddenly getting a phone call in the middle of a shoot.

Ideally:
Captures full 1920x1080 @60fps
Records to SD cards. Maybe tape if those still exist and are cheaper for the same quality.
Need to be able to attach a macro lens and wide lens.
Has decent quality. We're not Hollywood movie makers, but we're not YouTube amateurs either.
Can be powered on for hours when plugged in. We sometimes do live streams where we talk to customers and have roundtable discussions.
Nothing that can be found on /csg/. We've already tried that route.
Cheapest option possible. We're a small company and can't really set aside a lot of money for this. The equipment and software for editing already set us back a good amount several months back. So the cheaper, the better. We'll even consider used stuff from eBay.
>>
File: Capture4.png (15KB, 306x387px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
15KB, 306x387px
Why can't I seed, or seed poorly? port is forwarded properly, I'm connectable... uTorrent seems to seed much better than qbitorrent, but it's also garbage.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22KB, 377x505px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22KB, 377x505px
>>59473604
Pic related, exact same size as my USB drive, too.
>>
>>59473608
Not really. But you can improve his user experience a lot by throwing an SSD in there
>>
File: Untitled.png (58KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
58KB, 1200x675px
>>59473615
>>59473604
Here's the top folders

It's the first time I have ever dabbled in OS installations so it might be something stupid, but that's why i'm asking here
>>
>>59473615
Show Disk Management
>>
File: Untitled.png (62KB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
62KB, 1920x1032px
>>59473636
Don't know if you want something more specific
>>
>>59473658
Did you clone your OS or do a clean install? Was windows on the HDD previously?
>>
>>59473669
Windows was on the HDD previously.

I did a clean install, I have also formatted the HDD because it was just full of shit.
>>
I fell for the Cyberbfox meme late last year and now I hear they're going to be kill next year. Should I switch to Waterfox? Should I go to Palemoon? Not going to Chrome though.
>>
>>59473679
Well "system" is a partition on your HDD, that looks to be a windows boot partition, although I have no idea how you got it to be 8 gigs. I'd unplug the HDD, make sure windows boots up, then delete that partition and expand the main one.
>>
Will a 1 core CPU and 1 GB of RAM throttle a 1gbps upload speed moving 8TB of 256MB files
>>
>>59473614
There's lot of things that could affect your seeding capabilities, like your ISP screwing your connection, peers actively blocking you with a blacklist (can happen if you get an IP already blacklisted), etc... But in this case it looks like the peers don't need you, those torrents have plenty of seeds.
>>
>>59473721
"1 core" can mean almost anything. And the speed of your upload is probably going to depend on the read/write times of the storage mediums at either end. If there's no transcoding involved, there's not much load on the CPU.
>>
>>59473751
Is there anything I can do to improve?

I am on time warner/spectrum
>>
>>59473687
Nightly its currently the best choice, but Firefox in general its going to jump of a bridge with WebExtensions by the end of 2017, so better get ready to install google botnet.
>>
>>59473765
You can make sure your ports are forwarded. Or get a seedbox. But if there's just too many seeders and not enough leechers, it wont matter much
>>
>>59473775
Yeah, I knew about Firefox doing that. I didn't know if it was different for spinoffs like Water/Cyberfox though. Fuck Google though... maybe I'll just do Pale Moon.
>>
>>59473786
Yeah, they are definitely forwarded. have any tips to increase ratio?
>>
>>59473803
Is this a problem with a specific private tracker?
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 269x122px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 269x122px
>>59473765
Seed more torrents? I'm currently seeding 80 torrents and i still cannot max my 10mbps/s upload limit.
>>
>>59473809
well no, not really, I only really use one private tracker, torrent leech. I just never have much luck seeding the things I download, I have to leave them seeding for weeks or months to break even. Is there a good strategy for finding things that will increase ratio? I know I've had luck in the past with collections, like all disney movies etc
>>
>>59473828
There's different strategies. For most private trackers it helps to download things that have just been uploaded and are likely to be popular. You get a feel for what works after a while. Also check their forums to rule out any technical issues specific to their site that may be interfering with your being selected as a seeder.
>>
>>59473775
WebExtensions is what they should have done years ago. That plus E10 is finally getting firefox up to Chrome security standards, and making it so pluggins don't break every other update.
>>
File: 1455469957955.jpg (947KB, 1315x931px) Image search: [Google]
1455469957955.jpg
947KB, 1315x931px
Why do high voltages damage a circuit but high amps don't? Isn't the amount of energy being sent the same?
>>
>>59468737
Rape
>>
>>59473907
>but high amps don't

High amperage is more damaging than high voltages, just look at super capacitors videos on youtube and the damage they made with only 2V. However it its easier to protect against over-current than over-voltage with fuses, but if you take a look at ohms laws, you will discover that at a higher voltage you will also get a higher current and its current the factor that kills circuits (and people).
>>
So I'm at university and torrents are throttled but I have a computer at home that's on all the time so I want to be able to download torrents though that.

I've been using teamviewer to download hem on the computer and then transfer the file by uploading to mega or through teamviewer's file transfer but surely there is something more efficient, right?
>>
>>59474028
VPN
>>
>>59473554
thanks for the suggestion, going with https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 seems good

>>59474028
im pretty sure you can operate qbittorrent remotely, without the need for teamview. How good is your home upload speed is what i would worry about (for uploading to mega or whatever). If its just movies or something look into streaming or direct downloads instead
>>
A lot of torrent programs have a watch directory feature, which its a folder where you put your torrents and the programs automatically adds them, Transmission does this natively and the rest like vuze have at least a plugin.

With this folder you can setup a FTP server, or maybe even a Google drive folder pointing at this directory, then dump your torrent files on it from any network.
>>
>>59474100
Meant for
>>59474028
>>
Why the fuck are surface pro 4 chargers so expensive? I just bought one used and didn't realize it didn't come with one.
Is using non-OEM chargers really bad for the tablet? I don't have a warranty so I'd rather not cause myself problems in the long run.
>>
Will I get fucked in the arse by viruses by using a Wangblows 7 from Piratebay?
>>
Posted this in spg but don't know if I'll get an aswer

Can someone tell me how the S7 fares nowadays? Is it a good buy still? Was it ever?

Also, are chink laptops worth it?
>>
>>59474340
Get a original copy from Microsoft, then use something else to remove wat.
>>
File: 1482862318117.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482862318117.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>59474444
checked
>>
>>59474340
Yes. google "digitalriver mirror"
>>
>>59474461
>>59474545
Any specific wat remover recommended?
>>
Poorfag trying to overclock a 625M on an aging laptop. Started by running furmark at stock clocks, and it basically decided to run on full boost clock past 90°C, at which point i've shut it down. Does this warrant a repaste? Should i be worried about the GPU also doing that under normal use?
>>
The first thing an attacker does on my honeypot is install an ACPI driver. What is he up to?
>>
Does using a VPN mean you will ultimately end up with slower download speeds?

I've contemplated subscribing to a VPN for years for peace of mind when torrenting but I still live in my childhood home and the internet speed is pretty dire (though still tolerable: ~800kB/s down).

What sort of slowing could I expect with a VPN (if any)?
>>
What's the best /g/ approved free antivirus? Preferably one that isn't Common Sense 2017â„¢
>>
>>59475022
The CIA was complaining about Comodo in the recent link.
>>
Was an idiot and bought by RAM before Ryzen came out and it's not supported by any of the B350 mobos. Am I fucked? Or will my RAM still work?
>>
File: 1237587841308.jpg (31KB, 238x238px) Image search: [Google]
1237587841308.jpg
31KB, 238x238px
>using Shotcut
>just cutting a few seconds off the front and back of a finished video
>input size: 2.01 GB
>output: 93.5 GB
what in the fuck
>>
>>59475282
input is already compressed, you saved it uncompressed.
go to export and pick some compression codec like h264.
>>
>>59475291
Is there a difference settings-wise between baseline / high / main?

I'm not seeing one.
>>
>>59475299
some extra compression features that require more powerful devices to decode.
so keep using baseline for old shitty devices and main/high for modern devices.

main/high does have a small quality/file size difference compared to just using baseline, it depends on a lot of other factors though.
>>
>>59475336
Thank you. <3
>>
How do i dual boot windows 7 on my android tablet? Is it even possible?
>>
do you need to get a PSU with the same amount of watts as all the components need or can you get a bigger PSU?
>>
>>59475539
the wattage on PSUs is what they can maximal provide (in best cases).
if you only use 300W on a 800W PSU it'll only draw 300W.
So getting a one with more Watts is no problem at all.
>>
>>59475567
thanks!
>>
File: C7RGF1kUwAAKJYm.jpg-orig.jpg (113KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
C7RGF1kUwAAKJYm.jpg-orig.jpg
113KB, 1100x1100px
What is the cheapest website to buy Xiaomi smartphones with EU delivery?
>>
For my next build, I want to put Debian on one monitor and game on Windows on another, with just two keyboards/mice or a keyboard/mouse switch, instead of having to build two machines. How do I do this? Not really sure where to start looking. What program would I use, and what's this called? Am I correct in assuming Nvidia are going to be dicks and block the feature on their consumer cards?
>>
>>59473249
It's you. You'll get used to it, and then other monitors will feel like shit because you'll realize they are.
>>
>>59475709
www.aliexpress.com
>>
>>59475711

Install Windows on bare metal. Run Debian Fullscreen in VM.
>>
I've never watched any anime, played any VNs or played any nip vidya. Where should I start to become a weeb like /g/? I already took the linux and thinkpad redpills.
>>
>>59467338
I was going to make a thread but then i saw this thread...

Guys do you unit test? How thorough? How does one get better at it? I've been working with this company for 7 months since i graduated and i keep getting bugs with adapting apis and other services. I got shit on today and they want me to read about unit testing before i write more code.

I feel really dumb
>>
>>59475814
start with studio ghibli ones.
>>
>>59475799
do it the other way round you dumb gibbon
>>
>>59475799
Sorry, forgot to mention that I wanted to sandbox Windows away from the important OS. I'm sure we'll get a "whoops!" update soon that fucks up other OS's. I'm just not sure what I should be looking for with virtualization if I want the GPU performance not to be shit.
>>
How do I loop webm on Mac with safari? Using the VLC web plugin, it only plays once.
>>
best laptop that has great linux support and t420 tier build quality? needs to be recent (last year) don't care about price but nothing outrageously expensive. Just want 16gb ram, a good ssd and an i7/good i5.
>>
>>59475814
Watch Studio Ghibli animes, play Katawa Shoujo VN, and, I dunno. I hear Nier: Automata is kinda nip-ey, and it's super recent(Released this month) and pretty reasonably reviewed.
>>
Is there something I can do to automatically sage every post?
>>
File: angle.png (20KB, 546x516px) Image search: [Google]
angle.png
20KB, 546x516px
How to calculate direction of D based on the coordinates of the corners?
>>
I wanted to back up my files, and occasionally download them on other devices or share them with friends. how viable is hosting my own ftp server from my linux desktop? I have 0 experience with hosting any sort of server.
>>
What's the best 1080p IPS monitor I can get for under $200?
>>
I am using OBS studio.
I can record completely fine and get the output file.
But the replay buffer will not output any files no matter what hotkey I use.

Any ideas?
>>
>>59468333
a quantum computer has quantum bits (qubits), a bit can store either a zero or a 1, a qubit can store a zero, a one, both zero and one, or an infinite number of values in between
>>
How can I get thumbnails for all video formats on Windows?

>Media Preview works nicely but doesn't support VP9
>Icaros crashes on startup
>lmao codec packs
>>
how do i install grub or a bootloader for dualbooting win10 and linux with windows 10?
>>
Ideas for what to do with a dual boot tablet with shit wifi? It works but too slowly to be a streaming player. Only real idea I have at the moment is to stick it to the wall by my sofa as a Kodi remote for the PC I have connected to the TV
>>
>>59477431

Oh, and it only has one micro USB so I can't have it plugged in and doing anything with a USB device at the same time.
>>
newest newpipe where? I don't understand that github shit

I used uptodown as the download site and it works but does my phone now have aids?
>>
>>59477606
>>59477606
new
>>
>>59477158
Just install windows first, linux second
>>
>>59476426
>infinite number of values in between

No, although the number of potential states increases exponentially when using multiple qbits
>>
>>59476435
Uninstal icaros/ Media Preview. Install klite codec pack.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.