[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cyb/ - The Cyberpunk General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 49

File: cybgeneral.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
cybgeneral.png
1MB, 1000x667px
"Matrix Flips" Edition

These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources <<<
"Dead" Links: http://pastebin.com/ZCypghZf
Organized Links: http://pastebin.com/GAMmimeQ (NEW!)
Archive: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&search_subject=Cyberpunk
Zeronet: https://zeronet.io/
Freenet: https://freenetproject.org/
Cyberadio: http://www.cyberadio.pw/

Suggestions for new resources are welcome.

IRC: #/g/punk on Rizon

>>> Old Pasta <<<
https://github.com/Tracerneo/Cyberpunk-General
>>
>>59274635
well this thread has been a slow disappointment so far, this week alone we've had corporations and governments exposed for their ongoing cyberwar shit and ain't nobody bat an eye.
>>
>>59275539

Please explain.
>>
>>59275562
uber greyball, DOJ tor break (probly just a torbrowser javascript exploit)
>>
File: 542.jpg (205KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
542.jpg
205KB, 900x720px
>>59274635
first for robotic nightmare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c&t=1s
>>
>>59275648
OMG thats exactly what I thought when I saw them, fucking return to oz gave me nightmares as a kid.
>>
>>59275539

That's because we've been living in the cyber punk dystopian future for so long it seems normal.
>>
>>59275648
what the fuck
>>
>>59275684

Fucking love that movie. Wish kids shows today had those kind of balls. You felt like Dorothy was actually in danger, and that there was something to lose. It made the ending so much better.
>>
Anyone knows any tech/programming/hacker communities/forums/websites ?
>>
File: 20170227_202511(1).gif (807KB, 192x108px) Image search: [Google]
20170227_202511(1).gif
807KB, 192x108px
>>59276189

I hear 4chan's /g/ fucking sucks.
>>
>>59276278
i know, thats why im asking

btw you are so funny and original
>>
Why isn't there any news about System Shock 3. :(
>>
File: 1487132074120.gif (1000KB, 903x507px) Image search: [Google]
1487132074120.gif
1000KB, 903x507px
>>59274635
Updated version of the Organized links:
http://pastebin.com/PZkYkEW7
replace that shit or update it, chummer
>>
>>59276332
I never even played through a system shock, I played SS1 a bit as a kid. I own SS2 but it's 2 spooky for me.
>>
File: output_QQzhUp.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
output_QQzhUp.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>59276289

Check the github in the OP chummer.
>>
>>59276340
You really, really, really do not know what you are missing.
>>
File: 1485927511529.jpg (123KB, 614x767px) Image search: [Google]
1485927511529.jpg
123KB, 614x767px
reminder that cyberpunk is now: they brought the dystopia, you gotta bring the aesthetic/
>>
>>59276363
those monkeys are scary man, also I don't like space. Also scary.

Best cyb game I ever played was like... one single level of timesplitters maybe.
>>
>>59274635
why does the infosec thread in /g/ suck so much? between this and the fucko threads, we only get shitposting, and I bet no one learns anything technical, at all

why can't we have a nice thread where we can share and learn new stuff instead of talking about
>hurr durr da police
>hurr cyber punk
?
>>
>>59276414
What about Deus Ex?
You're missing out on so much cyberpunk awesomeness! D:
>>
File: sec102.jpg (340KB, 1612x971px) Image search: [Google]
sec102.jpg
340KB, 1612x971px
>>59276421
I think theres only so much that can be discussed in the abstract sense of security before it just devolves into spoonfeeding. I think the ideas behind proper infosec/privacy get discussed a lot, I just wish there was more discussion about different techniques and methods that people have tried
>>
>>59276421
Cause /v/ and /g/ consumer electronics.

>>59276459
Yeah man I've played everything but... infinity war? I also really really enjoy the new shadowrun RPGs but they just don't hit me as hard. I think I get off in the dystopian-noir vibe more than just the tech.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0FJ-ssD6-c
>>
>>59276479
>Cause /v/ and /g/ consumer electronics.
there's a few good dumpster diving threads on /diy/ right now
>>
>>59276710
/diy/ has always been great. /g/ has never been good.
>>
>>59276479
I agree; I love the dystopia atmosphere and the stories in cyberpunk material, and I like how a lot of cyberpunk material (especially anime and games) gets into philosophical territories.
>>
>>59276739
Agreed, though I feel like we'd get laughed off the board if we made a /cyb/ thread there. There's plenty of cyb shit over there, tho.
>>
>>59276336
I used a locally saved copy of the pasta. Sorry.

The Pastebin version should be up to date.
>>
>>59276776
<3
>>
>>59276381

m8, cyber punk reality has been around since the mid 90's, and has only escalated since then. It didn't just pop up last November.
>>
>>59276867
"Escalated" is too weak of a word; "skyrocketed" is more precise.
>>
File: 20161029_204957_LLS.jpg (690KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_204957_LLS.jpg
690KB, 2322x4128px
>>59276891

I completely agree.
>>
>>59276867
I was just using the image cause it looked cool, I'm not that naive.
>>
File: 1426079357540.jpg (25KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
1426079357540.jpg
25KB, 331x473px
>>59276938

I agree, it's pretty aesthetic.
>>
File: 1487138332082.gif (2MB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1487138332082.gif
2MB, 1200x810px
>>59277036
At any given time there's like one or two 'comfy' threads on /wsg/, I always feel like they should be linked in the pasta or something because most of them are pretty /cyb/
>>
>>59277116

Speaking of comfy. Your gif is what I wanted to live in. One room, small kitchenette, modular bathroom with a convertible shower, don't even need the balcony.
>>
File: CskiEKKVMAAe-c6.jpg:orig.jpg (157KB, 1012x1012px) Image search: [Google]
CskiEKKVMAAe-c6.jpg:orig.jpg
157KB, 1012x1012px
Sup /cyb/. I've got a defensive hacking competition coming up in the next couple weeks. Anyone participated in one before?
>>
>>59277362
I haven't, but it sounds fun.
What do you have to deal with? Do they tell you anything in advance or just spring something on you when you get there?
Are you on a team?
>>
File: tumblr_olekb8wPbe1uqrdeoo1_540.jpg (120KB, 500x767px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olekb8wPbe1uqrdeoo1_540.jpg
120KB, 500x767px
>>59277649
It is pretty rad, this is only my first year on the team but some of my teammates have been doing it a couple years now. There's 8 on a team and basically they just put you in a shitty situation that you have to lock down, and then they have a pretend CEO throw bullshit requests at you that you have to complete on a timer while defending against attackers.

They kind of make everything purposefully as difficult as possible, i.e. I am on the linux subteam so they stuck me on the ubuntu machine, which wasn't so bad but they don't give you passwords or anything, you have to break into your own machine before you secure it. They gave my poor friend though the bsd machine which turned out to be running an openbsd version over a decade old, it was apparently so fucked they compiled the entire thing from source. There were also some swiss cheese versions of windows server 2003 and a knoppix box where they destroyed the graphics stack so you had to keep fixing shit as it broke in order to keep the thing running. Crazy stuff.

I can post the debrief if anyone's interested once I make sure there's no personal info anywhere.
>>
>>59277772
Good lord. Please do post a debrief.
I would be way over my head, but I think I would have fun as a spectator.
>>
>>59277772
CCDC? Region?
>>
File: tumblr_oht88rgypb1rna0heo1_1280.png (13KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oht88rgypb1rna0heo1_1280.png
13KB, 640x400px
>>59277926
Yeah, southwest.

>>59277810
I think these should be OK.
Qualifier debrief: https://a.lainfile.pw/HD
Regional debrief:
https://a.lainfile.pw/HE
>>
>>59277932
Nice. I'm putting together a team at my uni for Southeast. We're not competing this year, as I'm still working on making training and getting people interested, but hopefully we'll see you in 2018.

Got any recommendations or other materials? I really appreciate the posted docs.
>>
File: 1434238310289.jpg (301KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434238310289.jpg
301KB, 1280x720px
What's everyone been working on?
>>
>>59278072
That's awesome, glad to have more people around. I could post more docs but you could probably find most of it on your own just googling for references. I would recommend perusing lain/sec/ every once in a while, I have picked up more than a bit of experience through reading stuff there and then trying it out myself.
>>
>>59276421
because moet people in /g/ pretend to know shit when in reality they dont have the slightest idea. generally it quickly devolves in "muh tinfoil" and "encryption is for criminals" slurs and ad hominem.
Despite of this, there are the exceptional thread here and there that contain actual useful info, even if its not /cyb/ related.

>>59276479
not >>59276459 I never played the original Deus ex, I tried but I did find the keyboard interface too cumbersome. The interface didnt aged well at all. I would like for it to be remade, so people like me would taste all that greatfulness that I had been told about.

I am playing the Shadowrun series. The third one is my least favorite so far. My main gripe is with design of the missions and difficult level balancing. Some missions are super easy while others are extremely frustrating. I also didnt liked the matrix redesign, and I'm playing as a decker! the metal gear "stealth" gameplay is severely affected by the shitty characters controls, Strangely enough I liked the hacking minigames which most people dindt like.

Also there is too much history and lore. It would be nice to ahd that background stories delivered via missions, but sometimes you just found yourself 15-20 minutes reading over details that does not contribute to the main story. Its like a baker just found that sugar is nice and he thinks that adding more and more sugar will make a cake infinitely better.

Really, the third one is like a chore for me, I cannot wait for ot to end.
>>
>>59280075
iirc someone made a mod that HD'd all of deus ex or something. I love hong kong's decking because it's much less RNG and possible to go silent in the minigames if you're good. Shadowrun's decking was always awful even on tabletop and minigames are a better option.

Also the fucking post-endgame expansiony missions are stupid hard. Like holy shit.
>>
>>59280075
>moet people in /g/ pretend to know shit when in reality they dont have the slightest idea
>I can't play Deus Ex because it's old
>someone else should go out of their way to remake the game for me because "The interface didnt aged well"
If you think /g/ has problems with cancerous constituents then maybe it's time for some introspection anon.
>>
Got a cheep as fuck Iphone 6. Icloud locked and I'm removing the lock

Installing android soon after.

Am I cybp enough?
>>
>>59280248
Rip performance
>>
>>59280316
Would it really be worse than a non pimped android?

Mostly what I'm wondering. I can take a decent performance hit for the support I need.
>>
>>59280233
I stand by my sayings. The keyboard interface is hideous, that is, how horribly are commands arranged on the keyboard. It was ok for its time, now its not.

IÂŽm not complaining about the HUD. or the models,

>making a ad hominem
>not quoting the phrase in which I mentioned how many posts turn into slurs and ad hominem

oh the irony
>>
>>59280523
>I stand by my sayings. The keyboard interface is hideous, that is, how horribly are commands arranged on the keyboard. It was ok for its time, now its not.
Rebind them then.

Of course if you make sweeping remarks about the larger community you're going to draw ire on a personal level, you were already making a broader ad hominem attack. When you make such lazy complaints against a game it's only natural that others will think poorly of you individually. If you're so upset with the quality of discussion of /g/, then trying to dispel valid criticism of your own post by crying "muh ad hominem" having such poor understanding of what it is and when it does and doesn't prevent a valid argument hardly validates your opinion.
>>
>>59278104
trying to setup my pi3 so I can ssh into it from outside my house
baby steps
>>
has anyone here played transitor?
>>
>>59280744
You are accussing me of making an ad hominem just by stating some facts, not making personal attacks. You are trying to putting words in my mouth to teach me a lesson, or to make an example, i dont know which one is it.

My complaint is not a lazy one. Let me indulge you with some details then: For a long time I didnt had access to a computer with beefy enough graphics card to run games such as Deus ex (e.g.: I didnt even knew or owned a Vodoo). Many years later I bought it, and I really tried to play the thing to no avail. having tasted more recent approaches to keyboard command layouts I really found Deus Ex's one unpalatable. Its like trying to play, lets say Doom 2016 with the original Quake's kb layout. From Deus Ex days many things have changed and matured, some systems stood the test of time and, again, for me, that layout was not among those. You can argue that I dont like old schemes, but I played games as old as the original Fallout many years later with no problem.
>>
>>59281608
>moet people in /g/ pretend to know shit when in reality they dont have the slightest idea
This comment is pretty clearly a slight against /g/'s users.

Deus Ex's default keybindings didn't age all that badly, at least if you had a mouse. They were just outright shit from the get-go, with shit like reloading and scoping being bound on the right side of the keyboard. But for the most part the functions available are what you can expect in any modern game, you just have to bind them to sane buttons. The only thing that's otherwise awkward is that using an item is done in the same way as selecting and using a weapon, but you get used to it fairly quickly once you're actually playing the game, and otherwise you might find it easier to just use the inventory menu to use items.
>>
>>59274635
Is Qubes OS a cyber punk distro lads?
>>
>>59275597
I wonder how secure it'd be to run a web scraper through tor.

I'm abandoning browsing and increasingly adopting scraping. I go to websites I like and reverse engineer their HTML/Javascript, and make my program pull the info for me. This way I pull data directly from the source and am unaffected by any javascript.

I did this so I'd be able to get information without shitty website UIs getting in the way, but I suppose it has security implications as well.
>>
>>59282093
similar situation, disabled entire DOM event system in a userscript and occasionally bypass reactive/bullshit UI stuff in them. Already have most of the 2nd+ party requests blocked from the browser side but 1st party javascript is still haram.
>>
>>59282093
so by doing this revere engieneering you get even the content thats is commonly behind some cumbersome script?

Interesting. If you dont mind me asking, which site was the hardest to scrap using your techniques?

>>59281592
Yes, its a case in which the whole is better than the sum of its parts, The music is amazing, the art is beautifull, the gameplay interesting and easy to get use to. The hardest part is in getting the most efficient combination of powers that convey a synergestic outcome.

Its one of those rare games I felt compelled to get all the achievements, because some were really interesting and somewhat demanding, but once you get a grip of the powers and abilities and how they interact is easy.

Oh and the story while not purely /cyb/ is interesting, but somewhat simplistic.

Having said all that, IMHO is a game worth playing
>>
>>59282226
They're all pretty easy. Normally you just navigate the HTML tree and extract the nodes you wish to consume. The worst that can possibly happen is some obfuscated Javascript that dynamically adds content to the page. These are the sites that break if you disable Javascript.

I just view source and look at what the functions are doing. Usually there's a function that runs on a timer and issues a request for the data. You can also see this happening if you monitor network activity.

Now it's a simple matter of grabbing that URL and making requests directly to it, completely bypassing all that HTML page business. The data will necessarily have to come from there so why not cut out the middleman? You just figure out the structure of the data (it's often JSON) and you're done. Ironically, it makes your scraping job even easier.
>>
>>59282093
>>59282291
Sounds like you could chuck what you've done into a browser extension or similar and rake in that donation money. Allow users to choose a standardised UI to read and use any supported website or something to effect, though I suppose the reader functionality already available in most browsers soft of already does this in a less graceful manner.
>>
>>59282360
Heh. My scraper actually started out as a browser extension. I find the Chromium APIs to be way more comfortable than Node. V8 gains features much faster than Node too. It has things like web workers, which Node desperately needs.

I like the idea of building my own custom UI for websites. It's essentially what mobile apps do anyway: serve as a front end so that you can transfer just data instead of the UI markup and code.

I build these things for myself so if I released my code I'd only target programmers; people who aren't scared of technical concepts. The audience is pretty limited... Plus, it allows me to completely ignore things such as ads. While I think it's hilarious to watch people shit themselves due to their failed business model, I'd rather do it anonymously.
>>
>>59278104
I'm making a chan aggregator app that lets you browse a combination of boards in one catalog
>>
>>59283654
like tweetdeck?
>>
>>59285238
yeah pretty much exactly that, though mine looks way worse right now
>>
>>59285260
can we get a link to the repo? might be able to help some
>>
>>59282041
definitely
>>
>>59283654
Sick, what are you writing it in?
>>
>>59285302
I'll be uploading it to github in a week or so, I want to finish the image grabbing for every board
>>
>>59286528
It's in python with pyqt right now, but it's pretty ass and super slow
>>
>>59286681
oh cool, could also assist some if you wanted
>>
>>59283654
Sounds neat, will follow
>>
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/839151511838015488
tfw cyb is /now/
>>
What some must read cyberpunk or cypherpunk books?
>>
What will those quantum computers from IBM be used for?
>>
File: nixieClock.jpg (216KB, 1396x849px) Image search: [Google]
nixieClock.jpg
216KB, 1396x849px
>>59278104

You runnin' eagle m80? What you working on?
>>
we cyberpunk nao
>>
>>59290392
Now that we are all fucked i gotta ask. Arent there fucking laws that are supposed to prevent this shit? CIA is an american agency, so they just randomly backdoor any computer in the world? Come on now.
>>
>>59290392
Almost done downloading it. I wish I was smart enough to actually make sense of the docs themselves, but I have a feeling their availability might take a hit not long from now. Bittorrent helps.
>>
>>59291378
Yeah. It reminds me of that malware that some 3letter developed that hid in the RAM of its targets computer, completely undetectable.

>>59291155
Not me unfortunately, boss. That guy frequents /diy/ though, he's done some pretty schway things if i do say so myself.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZenerDanger
>>
>>59291378
>>59291577
makes me wish jinteki was still active, they could keep updates on that kind of shit over there.
>>
>>59291102
I really been wondering. My thread got destroyed and the replacement was just bitching about the corporation being a shill
Brute forcing 32 and 64 bit systems,nasa will probably have one for crunching numbers. The second largest bitcoin holder after that australian guy will probably admit they been using one for them.
At least the military won't need to purchase up all the old fat ps3's some of us want as collectables for their super computer clusters anymore.
>>
File: Capture.png (54KB, 1128x319px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54KB, 1128x319px
>>59291577

Oh yeah, I just saw him post his LED wall test. I'm working on a 3D printed LED neon sign. Can't wait until I get the prototype made. Still doing the CADing and prototyping.
>>
>>59291812
That wasn't you on lainchan, was it?
>>
>>59292903

No. I don't post anywhere but here typically.
>>
I've read about 30% of Neuromancer so far.

Welp see ya later!
>>
>>59291155
what's that on the image?
>>
File: 1485927611588.jpg (978KB, 1946x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1485927611588.jpg
978KB, 1946x3456px
>>59293050
readthefilename.jpg
>>
File: 20151230_232521_3.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151230_232521_3.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>59293050

Nixie clock I've been working on.
>>
File: 1478822330744.png (130KB, 430x267px) Image search: [Google]
1478822330744.png
130KB, 430x267px
>>59277310
>striving to be just above the poverty line
have you no self respect
>>
==Tech to avoid==
-Smart TVs/monitors
-newer cars
-smartphones

read for yourselves, you aren't safe
https://wikileaks.org/ ciav7p1/
>>
>>59291378
where dl?
>>
anyone here from /k/? what's the most cyberpunk gun? the major uses a cz 100 in gits but it's discontinued
>>
File: spam.png (2KB, 171x18px) Image search: [Google]
spam.png
2KB, 171x18px
>>59293775
Can't paste and post, spam detection has a fit. Pic related is the link.

It downloads as .7z. The password is "SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds" (case sensitive).
>>
>>59293899
probly vektor, silly as it is.
>>
>>59293489

I'm a professional. I make good money, and honestly my house has a part of it that my wife and I never use. Not really comfy.
>>
>>59293923
>def not suspicious
>>
>>59293976
The link is from WikiLeaks' Twitter post, hence the "t.co" part.
>>
File: 1460701557036.jpg (42KB, 846x463px) Image search: [Google]
1460701557036.jpg
42KB, 846x463px
>>59293955
sounds like you can just cut out a little corner for yourself at the place you already live at, stuff it full of necessities, other things you might want, and just hang up a neon sign that reads "Fort Comfy"
no need to moan and groan, just make it happen
>>
Anyone know any good youtube playlists, podcasts, websites etc for noobs looking to dive into electronics/technology?
>>
>>59294658
EEVBlog has great stuff for electronics,
Also for like security/tech stuff, check out the DEFCON presentations that are uploaded there
>>
>>59282825
You could even, if you wanted to be a real crafty jew about it, insert a few unobtrusive text ads
>>
>>59293489
I like that part of cyberpunk is the issue of conspicuous consumption and it contributing to the problems depicted in that kind of society (poverty, power to a few rich elites), and you are clearly oblivious to how you fucking feed into that in the present day.

To the other guy, you're not the only professional with a wife that doesn't mind downsizing to what you need.
>>
>>59276381
>>59276867
Is it too late to start in depth learning hacking and infosec now or is it too late like you say the time is now its already here?
>>
>>59296824
just lol

people learn new skills in retirement homes, but since you're asking if it's too late to learn how to hack in the cyberpunk general i'm thinking a cosplay hobby might be more up your alley
>>
File: stop.png (275KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
275KB, 361x691px
>>59295582
>>
>>59296863
Sure anybody can learn enough to a very shallow level, but I meant more depth to it more like git gud as in be good enough to actually keep up with really good hackers and keep up with all the infosec stuff.
>>
>>59297381
i guarantee you that at any time that you achieve mastery in "hacking and infosec", there will be interesting things to do with those skills, and that the retarded hell world we live in will continue this way for at least the remainder of your life time
>>
>>59293899
>>59293952
seconding the Kriss Vector however i feel its closer to scifi than cyberpunk

I love me the AA-12 tho, its not really quite cyberpunk but it could fit the theme. slap a drummag, mod it a bit, you could have a revolving drum with loads of custom shells for all sorts of shit, like:

gummy tracker
shoot usb keys into computers, screens and faces
bees
napalm
gel rounds for "Non lethal"
regular buckshot, now in full auto flavor!

etc
>>
>>59297457
I know Linux very well, I can do basic stuff in C, and very simple stuff in nasm.
But whenever I browse around hacking places I barely know what they are talking about, can barely keep up, and feel very inferior.
I feel like if I tried to start to git really gud now I'm too late to join now and would never be able to catch up with the way it's moving now so fast in this cyberpunk future.
>>
>>59294592
>fort comfy
gay
>>
>>59297729
practice makes perfect
>>
Will hackthissite dot com make me /cyb/?
>>
>>59297932
The real question is, can you make it /cyb/?
>>
File: 1479176431617.gif (150KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479176431617.gif
150KB, 450x300px
midnight bump
>>
>>59294592
>"Fort Comfy"
*cringes*
>>
>>59294658
If you're kinda new to linux and more interrested in the software side of hacking go see liveoverflow on youtube
>>
>>59276189
If you're looking for practice check out
>overthewire.org
>pwnable.kr
Most hacking discussion takes place in IRCs.
>>
(‿) cute happy
https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_17760284.html
>>
>>59293899
the most cyberpunk gun is one you 3D print yourself.
>>
>>59276340
Play SS2 you damned cube.
>>
>>59301571
This, honestly. Poly 1-shots and cheap pipe guns are the most Cyberpunk thing you can do.
Doubly so if you are a Nomad.
>>
>>59301770
Not him, can I play it without having played the first?
>>
>>59301845
Yes, if you're willing to read up on the general lore.
>>
our present is more technologically dystopian, more observed, controlled, driven by corporate interest and shadowy government agencies, than any work of cyberpunk that isn't Dune-tier full sci-fi futuristic.

And there's none of the noir.

Feels fucking bad man
>>
>>59302058
And that's why you use TinyXP with some sort of VPN and avoid most of the dystopia. Then you go netrunning and fuck up the system from within.
>>
>>59291102
Breaking encryption, mining bitcoin, maybe AI, and probably number crunching
>>
>>59280394
Well iPhones have pretty bad hardware and because android is more resource intensive => performance drop
>>
>>59302058
U gotta make it noir senpai
>>
So should I take this thread as a second-hand cybersecurity thread?
>>
>>59306600
cyb is now, so you're living with it in every thread.
>>
>>59306748
I just have some doubts about iptables and I was wondering if some kind anon would lend me a hand here.

Also
>>59275686
I though I was the only one who though this.
>>
>>59306787
well thats kind of a bitch all around, but you'd probly be better off asking one of the linux dedicated threads. Could ask here anyway too though, why not?
>>
>>59306825
You're right, I forgot about the Friendly Linux. Anyway I'm trying here.

What would be a good minimum recomendatios to have on iptables? Some must have rules or something. I have no problem adding rules, but I don't want to leave any big hole.
>>
>>59306852
Yeah, I dunno maybe there's a public list of bad ranges around somewhere. I have not gone into that in depth.
>>
File: 1334085977.jpg (120KB, 1040x432px) Image search: [Google]
1334085977.jpg
120KB, 1040x432px
>/g/cyberpunk is about retro-themed music and trying to look cool
>not about computer security and getting hard-wired into the net, Gibson-style
wow it's millennial faggots larping as computer whizzes
>>
>>59308574
cool post anon thanks for contributing
>>
>>59308574
> omg /g/ is full of pretentious neet faggots larping about technoligy I NEVER REALIZED THIS D:<
>>
File: 20161029_182733.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_182733.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>59296824

Refer to >>59296863.

Information has never, ever been so freely available and easily accessible.

>>59306787

Only people who don't really think this are mostly normies who think the future is still 10-15 years down the road. All the while live video chatting someone on their phone half a world away.
>>
File: 9troll01.png (189KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
9troll01.png
189KB, 600x391px
>>59308675
>thanks for contributing
i did, now stop posting about clothing and music and cool A E S T H E T I C.
>>
>>59308811
>All the while live video chatting someone on their phone half a world away.
while their conversations are kept for unspecified purposes in server farms by three letter agencies.
>>
>>59308941
>These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
>Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.
>stop posting about the things the thread is made for!

R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D
>>
>>59309033

Good point. Sometimes I forget that given all these new wonders we're also expected to give up every shred of privacy by both the government and corporations.
>>
>>59309116
>fashion
this is a problem
>>
>>59309200
well the facial recognition blocking fashion stuff's cool.
>>
Just physically removed the webcam and mic of a couple of my laptops.

Feels good man.
>>
>>59310012
Decade too late, but good for you.
>>
>>59278104
Im Working on a special keyboard for typing on-the-go while standing and even walking, meant to replace thumb typing.
ATM it looks like nunchucks and the keycaps are 1/4 the size. Each fingertip lays in between 4 keys and you press them by rocking left or right up down kinda like a d-pad for each finger because lifting fingers off a keyboard makes you lose grip. Already experimented learning to touch type with it with good results, just need to tweak keyboard layout and ergonomics so my pinky isn't in any discomfort. Its kinda like playing a guitar
>>
>>59310518
I always liked the minuum keyboard concept but not their locked to shit app. Certainly wouldn't dongle if I could help it.
>>
t.me/thinkpadgeneral
>>
>>59310545
Its a physical keyboard
>>
>>59310518
>keyboard nunchucks
ooooooooo

Imagine going through TSA with them though. Talk about a hassle.
>>
>>59309223
It's retarded.
Because you are the only one hiding face in the crowd.
An officer can walk up to you and ask you to show your face and id.
Surveillance systems have walking posture recognition, it can not be altered so easy, not without exoskeletons of some kind.
>>
>>59310012
Placebo.
If an attacker has access to your laptop, that allows him to watch you and to hear you, he can plant a screen capture malware, RAT, keyloggers, download all your files when they are unencrypted and so on.
Your camera and microphone are the least interesting things on your machine, son. Not to say that a built-in speaker can be turned into a microphone after altering the audio codec drivers of firmware.
>>
>>59312587
Removed those too. And there's not much I can do software-wise. As long as my face is unseen, I feel better.
>>
>>59312555
Yeah, all of those are true. Still cool. Also some places cops can't request your ID.
>>
>>59308811
Yes, like, it maybe sound like I'm exagerating, but we went from computers filling a whole room, to have a computer in our pockets, in less than 50 iirc (I'm bad at dates).

The surveillance, the opression (not talking about SJW shit) etc etc. Just because we lack a e s t h e t i c s doesn't mean we're not deep balls on it.
>>
>>59312882
The real problem is 90% of the population don't care; there's so many distractions in the world. Why worry about ever expanding surveillance and government power when there's so many cool video games to play. So many awesome new movies to watch. So many fun new apps to try.
>>
>>59313008
Everyone in my family is like this. Who cares if the government is potentially listening in on any phone call, watching through any internet connected camera? I have 250 channels of cable tv to watch!
>>
>>59313008
I think that's only the half-part of the issue. Like, I believe sometimes that people think "well, I can do nothing". But not in a edgy-teenage-fuck-ecorp way. More like "I know nothing lol". There's also the "nothing to hide" real people though, which if they don't usually use it against "you should be concerned" tips of ours, they think they "safe".

The consumism is like the coupe de grace, what closes all the real issues and like you say, it also distracts them to just be concerned.
>>
>>59313041
>"I know nothing lol"
Well, it's sort of true if you think about it.
Do you think you would know if there were nanobots floating in your bloodstream?
>>
>>59313226
Yes, but you know that's not the point. Or at least was not the point I was trying to make.

People think checking your smartphone standard security measurementsis hard and complex, beside that "probably need to invest time and energy".

I mean that they don't even know what the fuck they have in their smartphones, and I'm not a smartass, but idk, at least I try to check or recognize what security shit could I need on my phone.
>>
File: cyb.jpg (24KB, 671x198px) Image search: [Google]
cyb.jpg
24KB, 671x198px
>>59310012
I've been meaning to do this for a bit, thanks for reminding me.
>>59312587
While this is true, remember that cybersec isn't an all or nothing game. Every bit counts in it's own way//
>>
File: 1486596671692.gif (11KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1486596671692.gif
11KB, 408x408px
>>59310518
pics
>>59313008
>>59313041
this, especially combined with the public's extremely short term attention span for outrage. Remember PRISM? SOPA? Notice how no one cares anymore? It's the fate of vault7, and everything else.
At the very least, we can take comfort in knowing that these conditions we're seeing are cyb as fuaark.
>>
File: 1487734833254.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487734833254.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>
Ameriburgers, call your congress
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/03/congress-trying-roll-back-internet-privacy-protections-you-read
>>
Hey /g/, here's a license for Sublime Text, courtesy of the CIA:

----- BEGIN LICENSE -----
Affinity Computer Technology
10 User License
EA7E-909026
D64472BD FA040F1B 20F23C0D 114D57E4
AF4DDFDC A3FDDA29 00319FA1 91EE46D2
B3210738 54154723 F12511D6 950F839D
C5A83395 76EAEC5B FC25B644 9802A931
28A62A8C 9483EC49 E28E1A3B 997FA0FA
678ED4D3 2F4C2645 8E88274C 8AC599C2
F2D578D3 DF19037B 544F5304 18F3F196
6F1AC83E 2E1FCE1D BA74F528 1340A09F
------ END LICENSE ------

Enjoy!
>>
>>59314224
I just used this and now there's a black helicopter hovering over my house

wat do
>>
>>59314224
without a license, does sublime ever just stop working or just it just keep nagging you every now and then forever?
>>
>>59314224
I used this and now there is a van that stopped near my house

wat do
>>
nice little bump for alice
>>
>>59314250
It just nags you forever, like winrar :'(
>>
is this the daily lainchan thread?
>>
>>59314252
Usually these are marked like "ACME Cleaners". Just go out with an old shirt and demand they do a proper dry cleaning and ironing this time. Usually they just leave.
>>
>>59315434
>daily
No
and I think everyone who cares about lainchan is there
>>
>>59276771
You could try the reverse, point out the /diy/ threads you consider the most /cyb/
>>
>>59314224
I stopped my van in front of some guys house so I could key this in.
>>
>>59276867
I think it was very much there already back in the mid 80's. After all SF is really about the today in a different frame. We had the Reagan / Thatcher combo plus cold war remnants and societal depressions was big. That snowballed with the financial collapse in 1987 where the job market imploded overnight. It took nearly 10 years before the general job market was back.

Compare to Lehman Brothers collapsing in 2008 and we are still not fully recovered. This time though the robots might move in big time before the job market recovers.
>>
>>59290509
Everything by Wm. Gibson, chronologically as the earliest are the most /cyb/. Next all the early stuff by Neal Stephenson. Also read the Altered Carbon series, if you can stomach oceanic grade blood baths.
>>
>>59316694
I like lainchan but it's just so much slower than here
>>
>>59320133
The slowest is /cyber/ on pedochan
>>
>>59320207
yeah that thing hardly moves at all, that's why I love the cyb threads here so much
>>
>>59310518
Have you looked into iambic paddles?

Simple, surprisingly fast, compact and portable. Also won't get you arrested.

Only downside is that it takes time to learn how to work them.
>>
>>59320310
Right now this is delightfully slow, I love this pace desu
>>
>>59296528
>I like that part of cyberpunk is the issue of conspicuous consumption
What??

As for the elites there was relatively little about them in Wm Gibson's books, most at the top we saw were still puppets to others.

And in the Altered Carbon books everyone had access to good tech but still had rotten lives.
>>
>>59320903
I haven't explored this idea, thank you for introducing me to it
>>
File: Mortal_engines.jpg (43KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal_engines.jpg
43KB, 309x475px
>>59290509
>>
What does /cyb/ do for a living? Anything schway?
>>
>>59322940
nuclear engineering
>>
>>59322940
is collecting unemployment checks despite being perfectly physically capable of work schway
>>
>>59322661
>Steampunk for kids.
Hang yourself
>>
>>59312882

I'm trying to make Neon 2.0 to make this world a little more a e s t h e t i c. Hopefully I have a prototype by the end of the month.

>>59313008

Huxley was right. Not that Orwell was wrong, but Huxley was more right.
>>
File: bestos.png (373KB, 589x441px) Image search: [Google]
bestos.png
373KB, 589x441px
>>59324820
>Huxley was right. Not that Orwell was wrong, but Huxley was more right.
You get the beeeeeeeeeeest of both worlds
Chill it out take it slow
Then you rock out the show
>>
>>59277772
Shit, sounds crazy fun, keep postin'
>>
Is chrome definitely not recommended from /cyb/'s perspective?
>>
>>59325490
From a perspective that humans have a required standard of dignity, chrome should not be used by anyone ever.
>>
>>59325490
The only cyb approved browsers are uzbl, w3m, and lynx. Firefox is tolerated, but only if you use a black or gray theme.
>>
>>59325801
nah surf/uzbl/w3m are shit now. qutebrowser's great but still using the same webkit engine that's fucking up the others. it's in active development though.
>>
>>59325866
mfw i respectfully disagree
what you have agianst webkit?
>>
File: 1487005812729.png (564KB, 603x753px) Image search: [Google]
1487005812729.png
564KB, 603x753px
>>59326144
>>
>>59326144
Wew. Bad day?
>>
>>59326144
>dubs
Disgraceful bait.
>>
>>59322940
Going to school for a sysadmin diploma. Good friend of mine works for his father's ITsec company that recently acquired a large contract in Dubai, as well as our nuclear plants and soon the gov't. Will hopefully get hired there.
>>
>>59313611
got any more like this?
>>
File: 1235568312.gif (125KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1235568312.gif
125KB, 126x126px
>>59328181
>>
File: 1486310096322.gif (2MB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
1486310096322.gif
2MB, 500x683px
>>59328181
>>
>>59280248
how do you remove the icloud lock?
>>
>tfw you have no arms but there are no FSF approved prosthetics on the market yet
>>
>>59274635
>IRC: #/g/punk on Rizon
>07:16 -!- #/g/punk Cannot join channel (+S)
?
>>
>>59329225
requires a SSL connection to the irc server
>>
File: 1472331748440.png (4MB, 2140x1739px) Image search: [Google]
1472331748440.png
4MB, 2140x1739px
>>59301780
>Poly 1-shots
>not 6 shots
Using a single shot pistol is just asking for trouble if you can't place that 1 shot well enough to reliably stop whoever/whatever you're shooting at. Only exception to this is if your pistol is chambered for shotgun shells, though that still isn't ideal.
>>
>tfw spooks among us
>>
>>59329262
so?
>>
>>59329495
So... thats what +S means. You can't join unless you're using SSL.
>>
>>59329262
>>59329537
yeah, haven't been on irc for ages, i member now.
>>
File: cybtrump.jpg (2MB, 2949x3686px) Image search: [Google]
cybtrump.jpg
2MB, 2949x3686px
Cyb is still now.
>>
>>59319951
the Expanse novels are WE CYBERPUNK NAO SENHOR!!!, hi-tech, low lifes.
>>
>>59322940
underground economy. its a bit of a joke, but i sell things to techno-hipsters, think JT, from grandmas boy, that i scrounge from places they wouldnt think of going, for a decent profit. I'm going to jack my rates up to be a bit higher than mainline prices once i get a place going up in the city.

I give them the feeling of dealing with a underground guy like the Finn, or Gumi-Boy, without having to actually deal with a real antique hardware dealer, and their weird fetishy behaviors.
>>
>>59330938
So you're selling them the "black market experience"? lel
>>
Is there anyway to adopt some bits of cyberpunk aesthetic without coming across like a complete autist?
>>
>>59331141
very difficult
>>
>>59293104
god, this fucking image... cozy shit m8
>>
>>59330964
it's genius, if you think about it.
>>
>>59330910
Then comes cyberpunk where all jobs are taken by robots and all citizens have a basic salary. What would the world look like then?
>>
>>59332431
stand in line for your yeast vat rations, go back to your shitty one room apartment, pop a mandatory antidepressant and get back into VR escape hole
>>
>>59322940
on disability for schizophrenia
ÂŁ1200 a month and a flat paid for is pretty comfy
>>
>>59331564
Casio watch and Thinkpad with GNU running on it. And no, noone thinks you're an autist if you use a Thinkpad, they will just assume poor.
>>
>>59286671
That is funny. I've been working on a BBS style script to lurk on krautchan. Will also rewrite it for 4chan if I finish optimizing the entire thing.
>>
>>59334577
What language is it written in?
>>
>>59334713
Python 2.7 because it has to run on a server I can SSH into but there's only 2.7 installed.
>>
File: krautbbs_03a_02.webm (3MB, 832x1024px) Image search: [Google]
krautbbs_03a_02.webm
3MB, 832x1024px
>>59334925
>>59334713
webm related is how it looks like. You can participate or grab a copy at https://gitgud.io/hackierendebernds/BBS-Simulator (German)
>>
>>59335004
I've run in to a lot of annoying differences in the JSON set up between the chans I'm parsing
>>
>>59335402
I just parse the HTML output. Less headaches.
>>
>>59335545
Should I switch to that, is it a lot easier?
>>
>>59335621
It's easier, but it gives you very static results and complicates some cases extremely. You're less flexible in some ways.
>>
>>59280248
get something that isn't android. probably Debian-based with a touch-friendly DE
>>
>>59334925
>Python 2.7
That really puts the low-life in high-tech
>>
>>59336366
Yeah I know. But again, it needs to run on a server that only has 2.7 installed. Once everything works I will convert it for 3.
>>
>>59333817
Most people in my experience just ponder how much it weighs.
>>
File: COAoN.jpg (732KB, 3003x3003px) Image search: [Google]
COAoN.jpg
732KB, 3003x3003px
>>
I just checked Deviantart for cyberpunk themed art:
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?section=&global=1&q=cyberpunk

Clearly many have absolutely no idea.
>>
What's yoiur prefer music you could relate tro this shit?

An example for me: https://youtu.be/aQAnKdaC-uw
>>
>>59276381
That picture reminded me of Deus Ex, with the rioters outside of Sarif Industries HQ.
>>
Society isn't cyberpunk right now. At least not majorly like in every city. It's almost a dystopian asshole though. We just need the aesthetic and then we can call it a proper cyberpunk, but that will almost certainly never happen until after we're dead because people aren't willing to change existing infrastructure and architecture all the time.
>>
>>59343048
>people aren't willing to change existing infrastructure and architecture all the time.
Can we at least get rid of the sun and make it rain all the time?
>>
>>59343048
I don't think a cyberpunk city would never have that kind of aesthetic. I was just talking about this in the other thread. A lot of those buildings in my city are cyberpunk as fuck like if I walk a few miles I can see a few corporate buildings sticking out of the horizon. A lot of all those were built in response to the other corporations waving their dicks about who has more money to build it bigger trying to one up the last. A cyberpunk city that was really advanced would probably never get more than 2 really futuristic looking buildings like you'd have teipei 101 or the burj khalifa in one city, then potentially a rival building in size built near it in the same city and the two would be in a rivalry to the death even if it was detrimental to both of them and just weakened their city limiting social mobility weakening their area. Corporations have a limit to their potential revenue and how much they can diversify before eliminating competition so they don't lose out on profits is more profitable. The people that own those buildings are isolated from the worse effects and can afford the best of things running poorly so they have no idea what's happening on the ground in any real sense, it's how corporations end up cartoonishly evil like building a doom laser that would destroy the earth for profit even if they have no where else to go but earth.
>>
File: 569140.jpg (172KB, 1134x765px) Image search: [Google]
569140.jpg
172KB, 1134x765px
>>59343603

Near the marina where I live we have these "clusters" of really high tech buildings from the top tier corporations, it always gave me a cyberpunk-ish vibe.

I'll try to get a real picture next week, there are many more buildings being built right now and the place is full of massive cranes and shit.
>>
File: 64970-Puerto-Madero.jpg (279KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
64970-Puerto-Madero.jpg
279KB, 1600x900px
Another one. They're quite massive irl and they're in the middle of fucking nowhere, so they really stand out.

Thos two yellow cranes at the right are from the original port, circa 1900. This is where immigrants arrived and populated the country from, there are tons of really old buildings retrofitted with high tech stuff inside. Quite cool.
>>
>>59330964
pretty much bro. you can do it too. its like being a retrotech dominitrix, you sell them the fantasy of being some kind of ZEROCOOL/ACIDBURN L33t H@xx0R fantasy.

I bet you could sell course seats for RaspberryPI projects at a makerspace selling them that fantasy. I want to get a pallet of old thinkpads and put Mint or debian on them, and sell them at minimum $150 profit. Or if I can get a pallet of Macbooks and ripoff wannabe beat makers, and film makers.

shouldnt be hard really.
>>
>>59281929
He's right though, a majority of /g/ is made up of people who think they have a say in a discussion because they can google shit. The rest are just clueless shitposters and trolls.
>>
>>59343048
What?

And what kind of aesthetics do you feel is missing from the depravities called large cities today?

Neon was replaced with LED, it is time to move on with the times.
>>
File: 54-960x600.jpg (154KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
54-960x600.jpg
154KB, 960x640px
>>59343603
I got some real cyberpunk vibes from some of the alleyways in the SF Chinatown. Especially at night its a cool area. It seems like its only certain areas though.
>>
File: kornhill.jpg (226KB, 984x660px) Image search: [Google]
kornhill.jpg
226KB, 984x660px
I would unironically live here, that shopping podium means I don't need to leave the building complex.
>>
>>59347038
You could pay a visit to Chunking Mansions for that cyberpunk crowd feel.
>>
>>59347038
That wasn't a pretty rural village that suddenly grew the fuck out in less than a decade?
>>
>>59348197
You might be thinking of Shenzhen. That is just across the border, and the source for the vast air pollution troubling Hong Kong.
>>
/k/ has a lot of patches, does /cyb/ have something similar, too?
>>
File: cyberpink.jpg (314KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpink.jpg
314KB, 700x700px
>>59349710
Yes, something called good taste.

The only real touch point between /k/ and /cyb/ is electronic warfare but that is far removed from the basement warrior generals of /k/.
>>
>>59350443
i was thinking about symbols like the section 9 sticker.
>>
>>59343799
Looks comfy
>>
>>59350475
>Reply to Thread No.59274635
Not that I know of. It is even hard to imagine there would be one. After all patches are used by armed forces all over the world to engineer cohesion, identity and a differentiation over others.

Cyberpunk is very far from that and more about an incoherent future which is now our everyday life. Much of the cyberpunk literature is about people with a strong desire to stay under the radar and patches would be completely at odds with a low profile.
>>
>>59350516
sure thing, i was just curious if the /cyb/-community uses a common (insider)symbol like hacker do.
>>
File: Chongqing-003[1].jpg (308KB, 1000x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Chongqing-003[1].jpg
308KB, 1000x1007px
>>59349672
I researched because I wasn't sure if I was thinking in Shenzhen, and I was right. The city I wanted to say was Chongqing. I read long time ago about Tim Franco, who went to do some pics. Here's his website.

>http://www.timfranco.com
>>
>>59350475
>>59350516
I feel like the /cyb/ alternative to patches would be stickers, preferably home made, and preferably stuck on a sign or utility pole in the streets of the sprawl.
>>
File: chonqing metro through building.jpg (304KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
chonqing metro through building.jpg
304KB, 950x633px
>>59350887
ayy
>>
>>59349672
Those snobs stuck up in Wan Chai deserve it desu
>>
>>59351974
I think it is a pretty good enviroment.
>>
>>59351974
I dig that
>>
>>59351974

A E S T H E T I C as fuck.
>>
>>59351974
>super cheap rent
>you'll go deaf before long anyway so the trains in your livingroom every quarter hour aren't even really a downside
>the building shaking at 3AM just rocks you to sleep
>>
>>59352883
It is, but I can't imagine they get much sleep.
>>
>>59353042
That sounds pretty /schway/ to me.

Hey foxy, we're getting close to P:300, gonna set up a new thread?
>>
>>59353181
>>59353042

They probably stop running trains at a certain time. If they don't no big deal super cheap rent and a tram stop. Good stuff.
>>
>>59353187
When this one dies. So probably an hour or two from now. I don't want to kill this one off early.

I might have to go to the store in a bit, but we'll see.
>>
>>59353353
Thx boss
>>
>>59353353
do you have a script that scans the thread and alerts you if your name is mentioned? if not, you should. itd be pretty neat.
>>
>>59353353
If I don't have to take something special concern for OP, I can be aware of the bump limit and help you.
>>
>>59353353
Are you compiling the suggestions that come up here into the pasta?
>>
I mentioned Tsukuba earlier and someone asked why that was a cyberpunk place, just as the thread died.

Tsukuba is the science capital of Japan, where they research on everything from microelectronics to fusion power. It is probably the city in Japan with the highest densities of foreigners, making it rather special. The city is new, made from the ground up after the World Exhibition in the 80's so it is ultra modern.
>>
>>59355372
Southeastern asiatic cities seem to have the most /cyb/ feel to them, at least to westerners.
>>
first time lurking /cyb/, this thread was pretty interesting and you guys were nice. thanks
>>
>>59356023
>first time jacking in, this thread was pretty schway and you chummers were alright. thanks
fix'd that 4 u
>>
sup /cyb/

how do I into cyberpunk?
>>
>>59320133
lainchan suffers from the problem a lot of smaller imageboards do, where they proliferate a fuckton of boards for things that should just be threads. I understand the boards with atypical formatting, but having separate boards for science, tech, diy, random, etc. just fractures the discussion too much.
>>
>>59353679
I always just have the thread open in one tab and watch for that little red "!".

>>59354201
I always just add them to one of the pastebin docs, so the pasta doesn't usually change.
>>
>>59353679
Don't you use 4chanX?
>>
>>59350887
that's a good picture
>>
>>59357615
yeah, tech and science i feel could def be merged. maybe diy too, since most discussion there is kindof diy/leadning how to do stuff focused
>>59357675
add the latest iso of hannah montana linux plz
>>
>>59357615
I thought it was pretty good until apple decided to nuke the /cyb/ board, that was a pretty big blow
>>
>>59358652
I thought that was done prior to his arrival
Either way it was a much better general discussion board than the random board
>>
>>59358718
Agreed, I still like the irc though
>>
Looks like new thread will be in the morning, since if I posted it tonight, it would die.

I'm going to bed. Goodnight, /cyb/.
>>
>>59274635

tfw you're too much of a fuck up to sell your soul and live out your life blissfully sheltered within a corporate arcology.
>>
>>59359354
night namefaggot
>>
>>59359354
>sleeping at night
that's not very schway of you, foxy.
>>
>>59332834
Sounds like my northern socialist EU country...
>>
File: 1479057149607.gif (2MB, 800x652px) Image search: [Google]
1479057149607.gif
2MB, 800x652px
>>
File: 1480837777483.jpg (227KB, 720x593px) Image search: [Google]
1480837777483.jpg
227KB, 720x593px
>>59359436
I don't feel like a fuck up, but I am of pretty low birth with an interest in tech. Not interested in helping out corps. I've seen enough of people getting exponentially rich off people under them.
>>
>>59362166
same here. considered a "normie" by having a job and a family, but i've never fitted into the normie society. i also have a working class background.
>>
>>59362723
>>59362166
I think most of us can be considered "normie" by the life we tried/choose/had been forced to follow, imo.

But I guess our interests in tech and our research in random (or not that random) articles made us take a different critical view of society and people and that's why I think we don't fit (from 0% to 100%)

Am I saying something too obvious?
>>
File: 1488838931225.jpg (452KB, 1964x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1488838931225.jpg
452KB, 1964x1242px
Hey, anyanon.
Do any of y'all know if SSHChan (einchan) is still a thing?
>>
>>59362723
I am starting to feel lucky by having only one other person in my family. There's no pressure to get my own, but no help or support either. Gonna live that cyb life of investigating and being a ghost. Which is getting cut short because of being unable to post through a VPN.

>>59362751
It almost seems like normie is attributed to any well adjusted person like raijin is in moon speak. Like with anything, I think you can see the cracks if you dig deep enough into anyone. In the hustle, bustle, constant stimulation, and constant noise in life; it's a seemingly obvious statement that doesn't get considered.
>>
>>59362796
Yes, but I don't see the point of your post. I consider normie whatever person that has actualy or even normal targets in life.
>>
>>59322661
good book
>>
>>59329330
what happens if you follow the instructions? is it a virus?
>>
>>59363065
Yes, it infects you with self-worth and kills tyrany cells.
>>
>>59356798
>how do I into cyberpunk?
You start by reading. A lot.
- Cheap Truth (the zine)
- everything by Wm Gibson, starting with the Burning Chrome collection and then Sprawl trilogy
- most of what Bruce Sterling, John Shirley et. al wrote
- Shockwave Rider, and Last Stand on Zanzibar
- Tiger, Tiger
- most of the early writings of Neal Stephenson
- the Altered Carbon series (if you can stomach the blood bath)

Manga:
- Gunnm
- GitS
- Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (stealthily cyberpunk - very slow, very good)

Movies
- Blade Runner
- Tetsuo the Iron Man and others from that collective (if you can stomach the gore)

Tech nonfiction, read up on topics such as
- network and communications, including wireline and RF
- RF and optics including stealth, and read the radio primer paste at http://pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm
- bio including gene tech, CRISPS/Cas9 is about to blow the roof off society

How society works
- Cargo Cult Science by Feynman
- introductory organizational theory (both will tell you how messed up society and human really is)

>>59357675
>I always just add them to one of the pastebin docs, so the pasta doesn't usually change.
I haven't seen much of my contributions in the past, hope you can go back to old threads and compÄile all suggestions. Like the above.
>>
>>59362796
>I am starting to feel lucky by having only one other person in my family. There's no pressure to get my own, but no help or support either. Gonna live that cyb life of investigating and being a ghost. Which is getting cut short because of being unable to post through a VPN.
being a "ghost" in the digital age is one of my main goals. michael bazzelle's "the complete privacy & security desk reference" is pretty helpful. if you want to post here via vpn, get a small one. i currently use the beta version of protonvpn and since it's a closed beta i have no problems with bans at all (since only paying protonmail-users are invited right now).
>>
>>59363002
>Yes, but I don't see the point of your post. I consider normie whatever person that has actualy or even normal targets in life.
>targets
usually i classify someone as a normie when he or she appears to be a functioning part in society. i've met some daylight normies who where moonlightning in some ways, i'm the cyberpunk one and i guess many non-neet-cyb's here are the same.
>>
>>59363646
Yeah, but I don't think "appears normie" means normie.

I think normies are people who has, well, you know, now that kind of side that you would say "lol wut". It is hard to describe for me, but having secret/issues doesn't make you non-normie.

Although, normies are who doesn't have to fight to fit, for example.
>>
>>59363271
Those are some good recs. Should definitely be saved in a paste.
>>
OP? How's compiling going? We past 310, time for a new thread. Which is pretty good going really.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.