[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: state-marshall-ct2.jpg (104KB, 999x681px) Image search: [Google]
state-marshall-ct2.jpg
104KB, 999x681px
A few months ago, friends, I noticed whilst using KISMET that my Comcast issued and rented DPC3941T (see this btw: https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2016-7454 ) was reporting under that program, kismet, airodump-ng and even common nirsoft local network monitors that my Wired/AP gateway 10.0.0.1 MAC was suddenly very very different. It changed over to 4a:f7:c0:xx:xx:xx (Ill find it somewhere I wrote it or whatever if you want the whole thing). Being the paranoid type I began wondering if it meant a wiretap, or some law enforcement VPN bullshit, mirroring my traffic basically to another AP (none around here has this MAC as a BSSID that I can see.. one I think tended to oddly associate a bit with it but not with the 4a:f7 etc as a definitive client). Any ideas on what this could be? I fully intend to sue comcast because of their refusal to notify anyone they're charging $10/mo to rent this piece of crap, and their modern Arris AP's are equally ifnot more vulnerable.. Thanks.
>>
>>59183087
You gonna get spied on.
>>
>>59183111
Hah thanks, I know :\ I think, but you know cognitive dissonance keeps telling me I wont.. One mistake of many I made in the past few years was sending letters of my (positive, even) political opinion to the NSA regarding them after some FOIA requests they sent me hand signed letters to my home and such... I recommend you know, not casually emailing Cindy at the front desk about well.. anything ;)
>>
op here once again.. final bump in hope someone might have some idea. if you guys don't like fielding tech support kinds of q's i understand, and have a good day.
>>
>>59183087
NSA here.

Yep we're spying on you.

You're fucked kiddo.
>>
>suing Comcast
k. try just telling your mom to buy a new modem. you willingly accepted the botnet when you used an ISP controlled modem idiot
>>
>>59183087
>It changed over to 4a:f7:c0:xx:xx:xx (Ill find it somewhere I wrote it or whatever if you want the whole thing).
What is the whole thing?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.