[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 33

File: 1438229251200.png (117KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1438229251200.png
117KB, 500x375px
Old Thread: >>58712531

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
take at least 10 seconds to google first
>>
How come some things get softer when you heat them, and some things get harder when you heat them?

This is literally blowing my mind.
>>
File: IMG_20170130_144624.jpg (2MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170130_144624.jpg
2MB, 3968x2976px
Can I connect a RGB led strip on a RGBW pin header?
>>
What is the diference between dlna and ftp?
I set up ftp for usb hdd connected to my router. FTP download speed is horrible probably because router's cpu cant handle it. Will i get better speed from dlna?
>>
Is there a way to make VLC recognize a click to the video area as play/pause like MPC does?
>>
>>58724614
Dlna is for media streaming, ftp is for transferring entire files
>>
>>58724554
Most things transfer from solid to liquid as the atoms in them become excited by the heat. Your dick becomes harder because the neurons in your brain are reacting to the heat of the cooch.
>>
To kick off this thread,
I have a very nice question

I picked up some large speakers recently
Like, they have an RCA jack

They are 8ohm, and thus I am worried about what will happen if I plug them into my motherboard's integrated audio. It is my understanding that that is far too little impedance and will work like a "short".

But what I'm wondering is

my motherboard has 7.1 audio

And if you attach power sources in parallel, they share the load

so would hooking up a 3-way splitter to the Front, Rear, and Side jacks, to merge them into one Omni Jack with 3x the regular per-port amperage, be enough to power 8ohm speakers?
>>
>>58724749
You retarded or something?
they are passive speakers and need amp

output from your PC will go in to the amp
>>
>>58724783
but I don't have an amp because I'm a cheap nigger

And my question is

Yes, my mobo's Line Out jack doesn't provide enough juice for passive speakers

BUT

does it provide ⅓ of the juice required?

Because if so, it stands to reason that combining all 3 jacks would provide the juice required (since amps in parallel sum)
>>
>>58724847
No. You need an amp.
>>
>>58724649
So does that mean i won't be able to mount that hdd on my pc in a way that allows me to download torrents directly onto it?
>>
>>58724857
Ya, if FTP doesn't work
>>
>>58724554
what gets harder
>>
>>58724531
Which Linux distro is good and """"stable"""" for everyday use?
>>
>>58724896
ubuntu
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-30+at+01.42.28).jpg (412KB, 1024x988px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-30+at+01.42.28).jpg
412KB, 1024x988px
What subwoofer should I pair with my Marantz HD660 speakers?

The bass and overall sound quality are very good, but it kind of drops off on some songs with very low pitched bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMd9eYXT0mM

The really low frequencies in this song are a good example.

Thank you for your time.

>pic related, speakers and receiver
>>
>>58724847
buy lepai for $25
or smsl for $60
>>
>>58725129
Lepai is fire hazard and buzzes. DTA-1 is better.
>>
File: 20170130_200029_0.jpg (647KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170130_200029_0.jpg
647KB, 2592x1944px
What is this
>>
>>58725226
A magnetic anti theft device
>>
>>58725263
Cool, but this shouldn't be outside? It was sealed. And how this works? It's a chip inside or something?
>>
>>58725323
Why would you stick an alarm device on the outside? It's a piece of metal that causes a disturbance in the magnetic field when you're leaving a store unless it's disabled
>>
>>58724861
Nope. I tried it. can't do it in win7 without additional software.
>>
>>58724876
eggs.
>>
>>58725357
I've already seen some outside. Anyway, thanks.
>>
Since AM4 is coming out soon, is there going to be a price drop on am3+ cpus?

I don't want to do a full upgrade yet, but probably plan on upgrading my 6300fx
>>
How do I make ncmpcpp default to library view instead of playlist view?
>>
>update nvidia drivers through hardware manager
>windows says to restart pc
>restart
>windows 10 stuck in boot up forever

Apparently Windows 10 removed fucking bootup options/safe mode? What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
>>
>>58725410
That just means they're too lazy to secure it better or that the store that needs to protect it adds their own later in the manufacturing process
>>
>>58725447
Force a safemode startup. That's with terminal in the installation medium.

Unless it's not an EFI partition. If it's MBR then press f8 or something on reboot.
>>
>>58725510
I have no installation medium. Do I need to burn a windows 10 disk?
>>
>>58724531
this is what happens when you fuck up your variable scope.
>>
Is there something like a 4chanX for Twitter? Specifically, something that can filter tweets.
>>
>>58725383
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/menus/question616.htm
>>
>>58725553
Yes, or make a bootable USB stick. UEFI windows 10 either disables the f8 menu or it boots too fast to notice the key press.
>>
>>58725181
With the lepai the amp itself is fine, it's the shitty power bricks that cause the buzzing
>>
File: 1478422149061.jpg (333KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1478422149061.jpg
333KB, 1280x1280px
Whats a good browser to use? I am currently using Firefox, is Palefox or Waterfox any good?
>>
>>58725447
>Apparently Windows 10 removed fucking bootup options/safe mode?

After 3 failed boots in a row, it should give you the option for safe mode.

Barring that, toss in your installation media and access it from there.
>>
>>58725665
memes
join the botnet and use Chrome
>>
>>58725665
All Firefox forks are pretty much the same. Depending on what bugs you about it, you may want to consider switching to some Chromium build. Or Opera.
>>
>>58725688
trudat, hold the power button if it hangs for 3 bootups
>>
I didn't see any build threads so I figured I'd ask here.

I'm saving up to build a new computer since my current one is ~5 years old and has multiple hardware failures. I know everything that I plan on getting except for the case. I was hoping /g/ would give me some recommendations.

Here's what I'm looking for.
-As dust/cat hair free as possible.
-As quiet as possible using multiple additional air fans.
-Mid to full tower.
-No doors/panels to move on the front to turn it on or to access the optical drive/front IO
-Has no tempered glass panel, those are a meme and just a gimmick to increase the price.
-Cable management is a plus but not required, I'll be getting a modular PSU.

I give zero shits about how it looks. I want a functional, quiet, cool machine. Thanks for any input.
>>
File: Freddie-Blassie-Showing-Finger.jpg (970KB, 2083x2444px) Image search: [Google]
Freddie-Blassie-Showing-Finger.jpg
970KB, 2083x2444px
>>58725707
Thank you very much!
>>
>>58725801
has had multiple hardware failures*

It's not dead currently.
>>
>>58725447
>Windows 10
You had it coming
>What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
Install Linux you fucking retard
>>
>>58724531
what does the following C programm do/where/what is the excurity issue and how to exploit it?
Yes, I have not really a clue of the functions in C....
#define _DEFAULT_SOURCE
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <math.h>

int a, b;
char correct[0x40];

int main()
{
FILE *fp;
char buf[0x40];
int auth = 0;

setbuf(stdout, NULL);
alarm(M_PI);

srand(time(NULL));
a = rand() % 0x8000, b = rand() % 0x8000;
printf("%#x + %#x = ", a, b);
if (!gets(buf)) exit(1);
if (a + b != strtol(buf, NULL, 0))
exit(0);

if (!(fp = fopen("password.txt", "r"))) exit(1);
if (!fgets(correct, sizeof(correct), fp)) exit(1);
if (*correct && correct[strlen(correct) - 1] == '\n')
correct[strlen(correct) - 1] = 0;
if (fclose(fp)) exit(1);
printf("Password: ");
if (!gets(buf)) exit(1);
if (!strcmp(correct, buf))
auth = 1337;

if (auth ^ 1337)
exit(0);

printf("\x1b[32mCongratulations! You win!\x1b[0m\n");
printf("Submit your prize to {kirschju,jonischk}@sec.in.tum.de:\n ");
execl("/bin/get_flag", "get_flag", NULL);
}
>>
is there a torrent client that lets do the following things:
>is open source
>can work as server with no gui so i can remotely manage it (not necesseray but nice)
>not connect to 0% peers if they dont actually download
>block connecting to peers from a certain region
>has a built in search engine

im using qbittorent currently but the lack of options really perturbes me.
>>
Is using a proxy just a way of using a VPN for one perticular software?
>>
>>58726133
Network-wise, yes. They both 'proxy'. But there are other benefits to VPN as well that proxy services don't provide
>>
How do i make it so that the threads i have watched are carried over between different devices. E.I. watch a thread on a laptop, it appears on the desktop.
>>
I have 2 S4's with broken digitizers i got for free, what do i do with them? I have ADB enabled on them now so I can use vysor and use them on my pc, New screens are at least $100 but idk what use it would have, any suggestions?
>>
What's the reason behind Linux not having a file extension system (.sh, .docx, .txt, .exe)
I mean, there's really no way of telling whether a file myfile is a text file or a binary executable or something else
>>
>>58726133
Think of a proxy like someone holding up a mirror so you can bounce a message off of it. Anybody standing between you and that mirror can clearly see what the message says, and if somebody has a good vantage point they can follow the message back to the mirror and then to you. So it really doesn't provide much protection. A VPN is like the same thing, but the message is encoded between you and mirror guy, and it's usually mixed with lots of other messages from other people so it can't be directly pinned to you on the other end.
>>
>>58725433
`man ncmpcpp`
>>
File: 1485527933775.jpg (7KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1485527933775.jpg
7KB, 250x228px
>>58725890
>storing passwords in plaintext
>"secret" data is stored in plaintext

I'm not sure if there is a C specific bug in there, but these are both BIG no nos.
>>
>>58726392
it is a introductionary challenge, so some (very9 weak spots should be in there
but since I have no clue of C I have problems understanding shit, like what does
gets(buf)

stand for? reding the buffer of those 64 chars and then? how can it evaluate to true/false?
>>
>>58726479
read the documentation
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/gets/
>On success, the function returns str.
>If the end-of-file is encountered while attempting to read a character, the eof indicator is set (feof). If this happens before any characters could be read, the pointer returned is a null pointer (and the contents of str remain unchanged).
>If a read error occurs, the error indicator (ferror) is set and a null pointer is also returned (but the contents pointed by str may have changed).
>>
>>58726479
If you're on a UNIX-like OS you can type

man 3 gets

where gets is the function you'd like to learn about. Up will pop the manual page with all the data you'll need.

gets = "get string". It's defined in string.h
>>
How effective would it be to use a random old crt monitor for online shooters, given how high their response time is?
>>
>>58726479
>>58726563
yeah, I am just going through the docs for every function which is - wonder oh wonder - pretty boring and kinda exhausting
but thanks for the tip to get to the manual quick
understanding the code is one part, exploiting the (prolly easier) part...
>>
>>58726547
meant to link this post
>>58726659
>>
>>58726332
Linux determines filetypes by a different means.

File extensions was really more of a DOS imposed thing. Linux is based on Unix, which didn't use extensions in such a manner. Unix predates Microsoft and DOS.

The real question you should be asking is why did DOS decide to place such importance on such a trivial and unreliable means of determining filetypes?
>>
>>58726704
UX - User Experience
Since packages, zip files and whatnots are being passed around like crazy, users needs to easily know what kind of file each file is. Instead of clicking everything hoping to find a text file only to find out that you just executed a delete script.
>>
>>58726655
>Your reflexes are faster than the response times of even the SLOWEST displays.
>Your visual acuity is so amazing that the tiny bit of ghosting caused by even the SLOWEST display affects your aim in some meaningful way.
I want to insult you for thinking this way.
The difference of a few milliseconds isn't going to make you better at games.
>>
i7 6700k or i7 4790k? i look at the specs and it seems that the 4790k overclocks better, but i have no experience with either.
>>
Can someone explain to me how DDR4 speeds work? I see the modules available in speeds from 2133 - 4266, but on my motherboard's specs it has an (O.C) after every speed above 2133. Does that mean I have to overclock it to get that speed, and what exactly would I have to overclock? The FSB? If I just put, say a 2666 module in there does that mean the module is just rated for 2666 and will run at 2133 unless overclocked?
>>
>>58726737
That's doing it for users, not the OS.
The real reason that it's such a big deal in DOS is that DOS had 8-character filename limits at the time. So, you didn't get enough characters to meaningfully convey the purpose or type of your files with just their names, therefore, you needed the shorthand expression of such information that filename extensions gives you.
>>
i got locked out of the yahoo email i use for work because i don't know my password (i'm always logged into it but i got randomly logged out today) and i couldn't answer the recovery questions they gave me.
what do i do about this?
>>
>>58726751
6700k. ddr4 and better features than the z97 era. buy a z270 board perhaps and unlock more features.
>>
>>58726326
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2887772/how-to-turn-your-old-phone-into-a-basic-pc-for-cheap.html
>>
>>58726825
so my current processor is an i5 4430 with a stock cooler. If i got a 6700k, could I use my current fan for it? is there any difference?
>>
>>58726856
most likely, just dont try to overclock
>>
>>58726827
Oh that's cool, definitely doing that.

>>58726856
No lol. Intel HSF is intothetrash straight away. Buy a $20 cpu cooler and it will drop your temps by 20-30 degrees.
>>
>>58726747
That's just wrong. Use an IPS screen competitively for ten minutes and tell me there's no difference. I don't want to start an argument, I just want to leave my original question open to anyone who has relevant info
>>
>>58726820
Contact support and pray that Amarjeet's script plays in your favor
>>
>>58726945
what
>>
How important are technical writers/persons who do documentation, submit proposals, design documents, etc in the industry? What about textbook writers?

>have BA in education with concentration in writing/linguistics
>went back to school to get MSc in computer science
>every single assignment I submitted, my documentation was singled out for praise
>even if my code was great, they really took note of my writing
>>
File: file.png (38KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
38KB, 400x381px
I've noticed some torrents come out lately with .exe files. more than normal. I realize this is an old ass trick but has any one EVER run those fake ass .exe files?

I'm not smart enough to do it so I thought someone here has.

However, the acc on the bay seems to be getting it's torrents deleted.

This is from the txt file one comes with
>
>/g/ thinks I'm spam
ur spam
>>
I just panicked and submitted my IBM application form without checking for spelling and grammar. Turns out there are three spelling errors in the 1550 word document. How fucked am I?
>>
>>58727199
they prolly wont even notice dude.
>>
>>58727199
Not fucked, just not likely to get hired. 4/5 jobs go to people the hire on word of mouth. If you have to apply, you're already on the verge of being turned down
>>
>>58727226
>modernize - modernise
>liason - liaison
>propsed - proposed

I probably wouldn't have an issue if I'd bought that mechanical keyboard I wanted...
>>
I'm a cs student, how can I make money doing something programming related without having to be an expert or go searching for customers?
>>
>>58727266
It's a summer internship so I doubt there's much word of mouth recruiting going on. To be honest though, I'm submitting right on the deadline anyway so I was probably fucked before I even started.
>>
>>58727274
only say something if they do
>>
>>58726053
I believe transmission can do all that, or you can delve into rtorrent
>>
>>58727274
the first one is just a regional dialect and I bet the recruiter won't even know how to spell liaison correctly. The last one is pretty retarded though, just hope they're willing to forgive one mistake in 1550
>>
>>58726309
dunno the how or why of it but chrome does that for me. don't know for sure about thread watching since I don't use it, but it keeps my spot on thread across devices and recognizes me for my (you)s. just chromium with sync and 4chanx
>>
>>58727274
>>58727349
>Everyone loved my post, so I got mad propsed.
>>
>>58726820
>>58726820
change your email bruh, yahoo mail has been repeatedly compromised so it's not safe for business or anything sensitive. all you can do is recreate your contacts list with a new nonyahoo email and send a mass mail letting people know of your changed address
>>
>>58726053
deluge
>>
>>58727431
well shit. i have so many online accounts linked to that.
guess i'm fucked
>>
>>58727317
>tech internship
college profs generally lock those up for favored students
>>
>>58727471
as long as you've got the passwords for your other online accounts there shouldn't be an issue changing the email associated with it
>>
My Nexus 6P just went from 30% battery to 0% and turned off. I restarted it. Now it's reporting 1% battery but everything is working fine and has been for much longee than my phone would ever run on 1% battery.

So I guess my question is what the fuck?
>>
File: fuck off.png (345KB, 1264x611px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
345KB, 1264x611px
How can I DELETE the shit in the right side from startup so I can use "Normal startup" without this garbage starting every time?
>>
How can I create a whitelist of sites/domains on windows 10? Kids have some cheap computers for learning stuff and I'm okay with them playing a game as a reward, but they act like the kids they are and play when they are supposed to be working. It's a pain in the ass to get them off without forcing the lids shut.

I understand that I can use my router's main page to block sites but it won't let me block https. There's also the HOST file but I don't want to manually block like 50 domains or whatever.
>>
>>58727617
>steam
t. manchild
>>
whats my best bet for setting up a network consisting of a lot of raid set ups? i want about 20 set ups of raid 1 and a few raid 5.however i also want other raid set ups to be available. this will probably go over 100 disks
>>
thebarchive.com
is this site safe?
i clicked on a webm on this page:
thebarchive.com/b/thread/704580002/
and my internet got fucked up in ways i've never seen
is it just coincidence or is there some malicious fuckery afoot
>>
>>58727680
You should run a proxy and filter all traffic through it.
>>
>>58727680
Instill discipline in your children.
Dont use technology as a crutch for poor parentiong
>>
>>58727716
Never relegate decisions involving more than 4 disks to the stupid questions thread. Also fuck raid 5.
>>
File: ad3a68ed33.jpg (66KB, 513x800px) Image search: [Google]
ad3a68ed33.jpg
66KB, 513x800px
What are the best proxy services in your opinion? How does PureVPN stack up?
>>
>>58727795
proxy ≠ VPN
>>
>>58727817
My mistake, I meant VPN service.
>>
We're using an 8086 emulator to learn assembly in class. The teacher said that there's a chance that we could fuck our computers by doing weird shit even if it's an emulation. Is this true or is she just talking out of her ass?
>>
File: 039_o48PeZ4.png (49KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
039_o48PeZ4.png
49KB, 450x450px
>>58724531
How the fuck am I supposed to get youtube-dl to work? For quite a while now it has failed to access Youtube videos because it thinks that the ssl certificate is invalid, but it's not.
The devs instantly close any issues opened on their github, always linking back to the same comment that tells you to go to certmgr and delete the certificates related to Google. I tried that, but there's no certificates in there at all related to Google, yet it still fails, so that's not my issue.
As I mentioned, the devs instantly close every issue and refuse to respond further, so I'm forced to ask you faggots for help instead of the developers just actually fixing the blatant bug in their program.
>>
>>58728090
youtube-dl <link to video>
*enter*
>>
>>58728113
ERROR: Unable to download webpage: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)> (caused by URLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:600)'),))
>>
File: oper1.png (10KB, 1684x81px) Image search: [Google]
oper1.png
10KB, 1684x81px
In Java, can an operator apply to more than 3 operands?

Was reading pic related and now I'm confused
>>
>>58728125
--no-check-certificate
1.8471s on google
>>
>>58727688
retard
>>
>>58728154
You're just as bad as the fucking devs. The program has a blatant bug and you're saying to just put a band-aid on it and let it continue being broken because it's not their fault. Go fuck yourself.
I wanted a solution, not a brainless orangutan like you to copy-paste their bullshit non-answers.
>>
>>58727792
whats wrong with raid 5?
>>
friend just built his first PC, doesn't know much and I did most of the work for it so he's a bit confused.

has a thermaltake mouse, needs to change the DPI. I have a razer mouse (kek) so I just have software that lets me change the DPI and never have to do it natively.

How does he change the DPI for his thermaltake mouse?
>>
File: DSCN0072 - Copy.jpg (283KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0072 - Copy.jpg
283KB, 1600x1200px
I'm trying to fix my mouse, it's moving around unexpectedly, does anybody know which part of the mouse could be causing this?
>>
>>58728237
it is not a bug, it is an issue with """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""YOUR"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" system, not the program. Figure out your cert errors and then come back.
>>
I'm on a quest to become a l33t cyberpunk

any tips on finding computers in people's garbage?
>>
>>58728256
But it's not a problem with my system; I have no issues with my certificates. Everything except for this broken piece of shit program works perfectly fine.
You're telling me that the furries over at Mozilla can figure out certs just fine, but youtube-dl's devs can't?
>>
>>58727390
thanks for that. I guess ill find out if the same works for firefox sync
>>
>>58728304
youtube-dl is python.
Python is having issues with certs, a layer ABOVE
Your problem is with python having cert issues, not youtube-dl which relies on your system being properly setup,using python.

Now,get that chip off your fucking shoulder, thinking there is some injustice here.
Use something else if you're so pissed off and "personally offended"
>>
File: 458923916.jpg (32KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
458923916.jpg
32KB, 400x284px
So I'm going to sell my t440 and buy a laptop that I can use Libreboot on.

I only use my laptop for web browsing and writing code now and I don't need something with a lot of power. Libreboot's website has https://minifree.org/product/libreboot-c201/ but should I just go with an x60? Something else?

I'll probably use Gentoo or Crux so i'd like something that has free wifi drivers, etc..
>>
>>58728342
>Program has an issue
>No other python programs have this issue
>Windows doesn't have this issue
>Literally everything else on this system has no issue
Yeah, it's probably not that program, though.
Fuck anon, which youtube-dl dev are you? No one else would so adamantly defend a program that quite obviously has a bug.
>Now,get that chip off your fucking shoulder, thinking there is some injustice here.
>Use something else if you're so pissed off and "personally offended"
Oh, fuck off. You were being a cunt so I replied in kind, and yet you think you can pull the moral high ground?
>>
File: 1433701702104.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1433701702104.gif
999KB, 250x251px
I have a c++ assignment in which I have to program a car wash and I need to read a physical sensor and wait until it's HIGH to execute some instructions, but I can't stop the program with a while() and read the function over and over again because there are also other inputs with must be taken care of.
The sensor might be on for a fraction of a second, and there is only a function which can read it (e.g bool ReadSensor(void) )

What's the appropriate way to approach this problem?

Excuse my stupidity, I'm studying EE and I've only been taught basic C++.
>>
how do I add a single button thread watch/unwatch to 4chanx similar to the native extension?
>>
File: filezilla.png (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
filezilla.png
9KB, 256x256px
can someone teach me how to use Filezilla?

i recently got a CFW working on my New 3DS XL, and i want to use something where i have access to my SD card without removing it all the time.

also, Homebrew Channel already has Super FTPD II Turbo installed.
>>
>>58726133
Most people use a VPN solely as a proxy

VPN has many more uses than that, however
>>
File: k.webm (224KB, 564x360px) Image search: [Google]
k.webm
224KB, 564x360px
>>58728456
>>
In OpenGL is there a better way to render to a 3D volume texture than just rendering 2D slices one by one?
>>
>>58726755
Ya, I think the "OC" designation means
>it's supported
>but only "gamer" mobos run that speed
>and you'll have to change it to that speed in the BIOS
>>
>>58728457
I don't know C++ particularly well so maybe this isn't viable for some reason I'm not aware of, but isn't that exactly what you use threading for? Two tasks need to be done simultaneously, so have two different threads doing each task.
>>
>>58728252
the lazor sensor is broking
>>
>>58728252
nevermind, I threw the mouse at a wall and now it's working normally, I guess violence does work on technology.
>>
>>58728457
What OS? You probably want async (although this can be done with threads if your OS supports that)

I'm not sure the idiomatic way to do this in C++, but in C you can use epoll/poll/select/etc to do this. I know some of those can do level triggered if that's what you need.
>>
>>58728456
Another annon here. As an objective third party, you sound like the cunt. Hope that helps!
>>
new to foobar2k, i'm switching from musicbee
one thing i loved about musicbee was when you hover over the musicbee icon in the taskbar while music is playing, the little preview pane that pops up has playback controls
is there a foobar extension that lets you do this? its soooooo convenient
>>
>>58728519
Not sure the program I'm using allows multi-threading. I guess our teacher wants us to do it in a linear fashion anyway.

>>58728608
I'm using Borland C++ Builder on windows 7 to build to build the program and interface.
>>
>>58728670
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_advancedcontrols
>>
>>58728692
>windows

Well, you're on your own there. I'm a bit surprised that an industrial application would run on win 7, tbph.
>>
>>58728709
yep, using this currently
it's not nearly as convenient as musicbee's
buttons are too tiny and it takes up space on my taskbar
>>
File: 1372056368349.gif (695KB, 347x340px) Image search: [Google]
1372056368349.gif
695KB, 347x340px
I have a capture card with a USB Type C port but my computer only has USB3.0 ports. Can I get a cord which is on one end Type C and the other being 3.0? Otherwise this capture card is useless to me.
>>
>>58728838
sure
>>
is there a limit to how bad one's eyesight can get
>>
>>58728944
Blindness is a limit.
>>
>>58728968
thanks doc
>>
Here's a stupid question:

What would happen if I were to solder a wire between the antennas of two bluetooth devices?

Say a USB bluetooth dongle and a bluetooth audio receiver.

Would they get really good reception?

Would they fry and release the magic smoke?

Tell me /g/.
>>
Where do I shop for domains?
I currently have one cheap .com domain only for personal use with namecheap. It is soon to be renewed, so I was thinking about moving it somewhere else, but not sure if it's worth the hassle. I would also like to purchase one more .pro domain.
>>
>>58729011
namecheap is perfectlying fine
>>
>>58729024
Just asking because the .pro domain is about £3 cheaper from godaddy
>>
>>58725226

Security device that means nothing if you're able to just find a blind spot from the cameras, open the package, and steal the disc.
>>
>>58729031
STAY AWAY FROM GO DADDY
DO NOT USE GO DADDY
FUCKING KILL YOUR SELF IF YOU USE GO DADDY
>>
>>58729042
acknowledged.
why though
>>
>>58729042
If I hadn't used godaddy, I wouldn't have gotten a free transfer + one year with namecheap when that guy shot an elephant.
>>
>>58729011

>>58729042
This. Namecheap is fine.
>>
>>58729060
HORRIBLE dns uptime
HORRIBLE customer service

The biggest being the lack of uptime.You will have random dns downtime for no purpose,. they also like to fuck with you if you domain gets popular by slowing everything down
>>
File: peppers.png (415KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
peppers.png
415KB, 512x512px
Is it good to always be the more desirable one in every relationship, or should I try playing the other role sometimes?
>>
when i press the power button on my desktop it turns on for a second the fans spin up, and then it turns off, turning back on 5 seconds later and stays on. is this an issue? will it kill my hardware?
>>
>>58729031
3 bongbux aren't worth the hassle of dealing with godaddy.

We use godaddy at work, I use namecheap personally. I would pay double the price for namecheap simply because it's not horrible to use.
>>
>>58729106

>implying /g/ would know this
>implying even /adv/ would know this

Just go outside and talk to grills until you get the hang of it.
>>
>>58729084
>>58729115
>>58729042
Ok I stay with namecheap then. Thanks.
I was just wondering, if all of them can offer me the same domains, who are my money actually going to?
>>
>>58729141
I just be cute and wait for guys to talk to me and then I boss them around. It makes me feel like a crusader king.
>>
What are essential things to do when you get a new computer?
are avg, and adblock a good start?
>>
Is a memory address a combination of memory cells? I read that each memory cell has its own address, but a memory cell can only have one bit of memory and that just confuses me.
>>
Is this worth updating my bios for?

Enhanced M.2 Genie function.
- Improved Board Explorer function.
- Improved NVME device compatibility.
- Updated VBIOS and GOP.
- Support multi graphic cards.

also, if I update my bios, will my windows installation fuck up?
>>
>>58729204

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
>>
how the fuck does DHL ship so fast? why is ups/fedex so shit in comparison?
>>
File: spectro.png (51KB, 987x478px) Image search: [Google]
spectro.png
51KB, 987x478px
why does this not work?

sspectro()
{
sox "$1" -n remix 1 spectrogram -x 3000 -y 513 -z 120 -w Kaiser -o "$2"
}

>>
>>58729216
First answer these questions:

Do you have more than 2 M.2 drives that you want in a RAID Array?
Do you have the latest and greatest NVME devices?
Do you have multiple graphics cards?

Your installation itself wouldn't fuck up, but your ability to boot into your installation will.

Upgrading BIOS is a bad idea in general and you shouldn't do it unless fixing a bug.
>>
what is the best 13 inch laptop for everyday use? I mostly just make pdfs for work and do some light video editing for fun
>>
bought new speakers, the sound is really low with high volume all across. Speakers are fine, play real loud when I connect to my phone and MP3 player

what do?
>>
Thinking of installing CCTV cameras outside my house, maybe 2 or 3. I already have a server in my house so I would just throw one more VM onto it. What cameras should I buy? What software to use? I was thinking like:
>All cameras with ethernet cable
>Recording server as a VM
>Recording to Raid 1 HDDs.
>Everything on a separate vlan with no internet access
Am I thinking the right way about it?
>>
>>58729345
get an amp and better passive speakers.
>>
>>58729381
maybe in a month, I go on a business trip in two days

strange thing is they were working fine before I moved them. Sound was so loud on 2% on the computer and 100% on the speakers, that I had my gf come up and ask me to turn down the volume.
>>
>>58729320
Fuck.. Thanks.
>>
I just tried to transfer a folder from my android phone to my desktop with cut/paste. The folder had a subfolder with the same name, and that subfolder also had a subfolder with the same name. Now that the data has transfered, all the subfolders and their files are no where to be seen. What gives?
>>
>>58729444
cp -r
>>
My fucking phone reset itself is their anyway to recover or totally restore my shitty samsung core prime to its old ways or are all my 2d waifus gone forever. pls /g/ youre my only hope
>>
>>58729453
>cp -r
I'm on windows. Shouldn't cut/paste also take all the subfolders?
>>
>>58728735
Nevermind, I found a solution by using the following:

Paststate=CurrentState;
CurrentState=ReadSensor();
If (Paststate==CurrentState){
//Sensor hasn't changed, do nothing.
}
If (Paststate!=CurrentState){
//Shit has changed, inform!
}

This way I can find how many pulses the sensor has seen as long as I keep the refresh rate lower than the period of the sensor signal.
>>
>>58729461
is there like literally no actually programs for this shit i cant be the only dumbass who this has happened to
>>
is .lan domain valid?
Never seen it used on the internet, and I would like to start using it in my LAN.
>>
>>58729475
I know nothing about windows :c
>>
>>58729585
>is .lan domain valid?
I don't think so.
Though, if you're running your own DNS, you can do whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>58729607
I am, I just wanted to make sure it's not used on the internet.
>>
I just bought a domain name and set it to forward to another website. weird thing is it forwards correctly when i use my phone and it forwards correctly on my mates phone when i asked him to check yet when i try to use it on one of my 2 pc's it just goes to a placeholder page which i assume is used by the people who sold the domain or something. any idea wtf is going on?
>>
>>58729642
ipconfig /flushdns

if it won't work after this, your computers are using DNS servers that are outdated. Set them to 8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8
>>
>>58729642
The DNS server that your computer is using probably hasn't updated yet.
Sometimes they can be pretty slow, and may require a few hours.
Try changing your DNS server to something else (google how to do it for your OS) and see if it works then.
>>
>>58728498
Disregard, I am an idiot. The feature I was looking for was on a different place with a heart instead of a 4-leaf clover like in the native extension
>>
>>58729658
you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. The ipconfig /flushdns worked. Thanks a lot bro. Also >>58729673 thanks for taking the time to reply too.
>>
>>58729707
silly sausage
>>
Whats the best 1440p 27'' monitor with G-Sync?
>>
>>58724531
Why doesn't /g/ have an audio general?
On a related note, what is are a decent set of speakers I can get for 150-200 kangabucks? Preferably with decent aesthetics.
>>
>>58729916
27'' or higher
>>
>>58727771
Would I need a separate device? Creating a whitelist on the proxy sounds simple enough.
>>
>>58729953
probably because the only dude willing to put in the effort to maintain something like that is already running an ftp for us, just google up installgentoo ftp for more info

my question is where to start with ssh, I have no clue at all what I'm doing, but I'm giving an old computer to a relative, and have a decent linux setup for them so no viruses and shit, but I want to keep it simple for them and have me be able to do updates and shit remotely.
>>
What does pacman -syu do?
>>
>>58727163
Those txt. Files can lead to ads and suverys. In which they try to make money off per click
>>
>>58727163
Usually the file is fake anyway, like those stupid generator code things that never worm
>>
>>58730354
fetches and installs updates
>>
Looking for a laptop for school, to make beats and maybe edit videos for 300-800$, it's impossible to find is it?
>>
What's a decent video editing software? I have a few .avi files that I need to combine into one file
>>
>>58730079
give them windows for fucks sakes
normies have nothing to fear from windows, and you're making a permanent commitment to always monitor and manage their os for them
>>
best gaming laptop?
>>
>>58730580
>Laptop for school
Thinkpad
>Make beats, edit videos, $800
yes
>>58730589
build a desktop
if you INSIST
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Laptop_Buying_Guide
>>
>>58730587
person in question is a teenager so with windows porn viruses are a guarantee. my setup looks and acts much like windows and they don't use any windows specific software. also I got nothin but time right now so don't mind the commitment
>>
>>58730617
I was hoping to have a laptop instead because I need something mobile due to work.. lot of down time.
>>
>>58730635
also the computer I'm giving them is only a c2d with two gigs of ram so windows runs like shit on it
>>
I'm currently trying to deal with a shitty LTE network that is so slow its actually unusable. According to my speed logs, I used to get around 20-30Mbs down and 8-12 up, but now it's more like 1mbs down and 0.06 up IF I can test at all.

The good thing is that my 4g is apparently fine. It's averaging around 8/2, which isn't my old speeds obviously, but it's at least consistent. The problem is that apparently, I can't just choose to use 4g because I'm missing the option compared to the screen shots in seeing.

I'm using an old G Flex on ATT.
>>
>>58728457
what platform are you using? read up on what interrupts are, whatever MCU you're using will have a hardware interrupt block, you use vendor specific code to configure it at runtime and define a function to be called whenever the interrupt happens, as soon as that sensor toggles your normal event loop is halted, the cpu will stash the current register values and then call into the function, you can then do a very quick evaluation and store the event so your main loop can do something with it. as soon as you return from that function the previous registers are restored and your normal program continues as usual. very handy shit, can't believe you haven't been taught this yet.

as a reference: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Interrupts
>>
Any suggestions on screen recording software for windows?

Bandicam is hard to get cracked. Always uncracks itself after a day or two and needs to be reinstalled. Great when it works including support for Lagarith but I can't be assed to reinstall it every 2 days.

Camtasia sucks ass because it can't record audio outside of it's proprietary container (.trac) which is also crippled by a low quality encoder

DXstory only works with hooking so it doesn't do desktop or transitions

OBS is... great but as far as I can tell requires an APPID to record and isn't seamless like bandicam. I want to switch from desktop to firefox, to games, and have it record whatever app is on screen irregardless of focus or hook. Also can't do "record by selection" only full screen

Things I need/want:
Good support for encoders (H264 and Lagarith primarily)
Windows binary
Ability to seamlessly record between windows without having to hook an application
Easy to acquire and/or crack

I'm close to BUYING an overpriced bandicam license.
>>
>>58729011
nearlyfreespeech they have excellent privacy policies, each domain is handled in accordance with the country it applys to(i.e. no FBI take downs of non-US domains, option of censored domain ownership details on TLDs that allow it).
>>
>>58729214
DRAM is addressed in blocks at the hardware level. malloc() is implemented in a way the suits the hardware, e.g. on a x86_64 desktop computer all heap transactions are performed with 64bit address space and 64bit registers, the cpu's memory controller is then in charge of handling caching as the actual memory bus may be much larger on newer systems. In a more contemporary design like a MCU your malloc() is normally written by you, and is based on the block size of the DRAM and bus width used(normally 16-32bit ADDR shared with data, 128bit blocks where the DRAM expects 4 write cycles unless it has a done interrupt), so your HW address becomes a line and offset value, line being the lower block number and offset being ADDR%128.
>>
is there a reason why my router would have over a 100 connections to google's dns?
the internet it was running slow because of it. it stopped now, but I'm worried.
>>
>>58729378
yes but cameras are expensive as shit. consider web cams for interior where you have good lighting at night, or even one on a porch with a motion sensor spot light will be a lot more economical than $400+ day/night CCTV units.
>>
>>58729461
>>58729560
was it an S3? these a well known for completely loosing there flash contents regularly(you're fucked)
>>
>>58724896
Ubuntu 16.04
>>
>>58730746
This.
>>
If I'm writing Javascript web apps, at what point do I need something like heroku?

I'm just confused by what it's actual audience is
>>
>>58727795
I use purevpn and dont have any major problems with it but the bandwidth isn't great. On my 100Mb line I get maybe 40Mb through the vpn on a good day
>>
ive been downloading a lot of youtube videos using jdownloader 2 and after about 35 gb of videos most links now only have the thumbnail to download, how can i get around this issue
>>
Is "ad nauseam" botnet?
>>
Is there much diference between a Sandy Bridge and a Skymeme i5 processor?
Is there much difference between skymeme i7 and a Westmere Xeon?
>>
Is there an elegant way to do multiple checks in a row for something other than nesting if statements? Like checking if three booleans are true but do something different if the last boolean is false, another if the middle boolean is false and all other combinations.
>>
>>58731860
Anything wotc related is a botnet.
They even track offline games.
>>
>>58732088
wotc? games?
I'm talking about new ad blocker that fucks with advertisers and profilers by pretending to click on everything.
>>
I got fucked /g/.
6 months ago, I bought a "new" Shitgate Constellation HDD 2TB; I was a technologically limited retard at the time and didn't check for basic facts. Paid full price.

>Turns out the HDD is fucking 4 years old.

Now this would have been good and all but today the drive started fucking screaming when I powered on the computer. Obviously making it worse when it's under load.

Booting Up:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s01A4KPFqXx0
Under Load:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZUgWCj30V1

What should I do?
I mean, I know what I should do but I dont wanna spend another 60 bucks on a HDD.
Do you know of a brand that doesn't jew you out of your shekels?
>>
>>58730762
>Bandicam
Atube catcher.
Look into that.
>>
>>58732607
it's fucked.
see if you can claim warranty.
>>
>>58732607
There are pretty much no options if you want cheap AND good.
>prot tip:
Pick "good" and buy HGST.
>>
Vim question. If I have line numbers on, can I make the line break string replace the line number on the following line? Currently vim just prints spaces where the line numbers should be and the line break string after that, which is stupid and wastes space.
>>
File: bogz.jpg (45KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
bogz.jpg
45KB, 600x338px
How difficult is it to pursue a career as a web developer?

I've heard it's competitive but how competitive is it?
>>
>>58724531
were to get win1000? I read i shouldnt buy it. THX
>>
What's the best monitor that I can buy used?
>>
>>58732903
ASUS VG248QE for 144Hz
Any 1080p 24inch Monitor that you can get for <=80$ for 60Hz
>>
>>58732977
Also I was obvioulsy talking about price/performance. If you meant raw performance then obviously the newest models that people regrett buying and want to get rid of.
>>
>>58732977
I forgot to mention: I don't care too much for muh mhz, but for color and contrast.
>>
File: win.png (82KB, 672x476px) Image search: [Google]
win.png
82KB, 672x476px
Why is windows so bad?

Tried 2 dif youtube vids and i always get this with youtbe-dl
>>
I have a bunch of music that I imported to iTunes way too long ago. Now I'm using Windows on a regular basis, I've been wondering:

What's a good music player that will add music to a library with a similar behavior? Say, just drag or import files in a similar way. MusicBee is kind of a mess in that regard. I've heard that iTunes on Windows is horrible.
>>
>>58728131
See which operators exist and it will become clear.
>>
what's a good resource for learning Active Directory? I think I have to learn it if I want to get into systems administration.
>>
>>58728507
>It werks for me xD
>>
What would be a maximum safe voltage for a broadwell-e cpu?

I wanna try to push my 6800k further.
>>
Which distro still supports the old flgrx drivers for AMD? I get lags with the open source drivers on Ubuntu 16.04
>>
what kind of domains do you guys use for your personal websites?

I have a hard time coming up with anything good.
>>
File: NpPzH (1).png (35KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NpPzH (1).png
35KB, 1920x1200px
How come wiring color code in the same fucking system (PC) can mean two different things?

I guess don't be a dumbass and don't solder thing together based on color alone, if you are to cheap to get a proper adapter.
>>
>>58725383
Simply put its because you're causing a chemical reaction to take place, not just a physical one
>>
>>58733557

>>58729011
>>
File: files.png (117KB, 744x907px) Image search: [Google]
files.png
117KB, 744x907px
What are these random files on the base level of my external HDD?

Also how do you guys organize your files so that you don't have a cluttered downloads folder every week or so?

Also what program do you guys use for archiving websites for offline use?
>>
>>58724531
How do I get free android games with root?
>>
>>58733796
I think you misunderstood my question. I know where to buy domains, but I'd like some ideas for a domain name.
>>
>SSD and HDD
>Windows 10 installed on HDD, steam games, pirated games and movies on HDD
>Want to move Windows to HDD so I can dual boot Linux with Linux having 100% of the SSD space
Can I merge the c drive and hard drive somehow without losing anything? The hard drive is more than large enough.
>>
>>58729035
No security system is fullproof.
>>
>>58733968
>Windows 10 installed on HDD
>Want to move Windows to HDD
Wut? Is it on the HDD or not?
>>
>>58734017
Oops, typo, it's on the SSD -_-
>>
>>58733881
micropenisiswhatilove.net
>>
>>58731280
>what it's actual audience is
Autists, for one.
>>
>>58733865
The same way you get them without root. Downloading them from shady ass sites and probably getting malware
>>
>>58727297
Forget money. Unless you want to get an entry-level tech support job, you are not going to find shit. Just get an internship and try to get a decent position from there. Lots of places will agree to hire you after you graduate if you are not totally shit during the internship.
>>
>>58733968
Yes, but unless you almost never use windows I would suggest leaving it on the SSD with minimal space
>>
>>58727266
>Today on "Anon pulls stat out of his ass he learned in an intro class at a college" said Anon pats himself on the back for learning like a good boy
>>
>>58734121
>Then Annon B feels smug and self assured for deriding him without providing any other useful information or perspective
>>
>>58733881
Puns with the TLD are the hot shit right now. Buy ilove.co.ck
>>
A good screen recorder for Android? I need also internal audio recording and Rec. doesn't cut it
Rooted KitKat with TWRP, can't run AZ Screen Recorder
>>
File: gargoyle.png (39KB, 188x116px) Image search: [Google]
gargoyle.png
39KB, 188x116px
>>58730967
it happened again. I'm using pic related.
>>
Shud i install the latest non-whql driver by amd for my radeon hd7850
>>
>>58733857
Looks like the install data for some kind of program.
>>
>>58734375
Stockholm Syndrome is strong.
>>
Where do I get keys for eset nod32? I got chinked by an installer once, not gonna get chinked again.
Inb4 >common sense 2017
H-havent updated mine yet
>>
>>58732794

Depends on your skills.
If you are decent, there's enough work.

But webdev is not that easy, unless you want to stay noob level, there are ridiculously many things to know.

Think of it like a stock exchange broker:
It's not that the facts are difficult, but the problem is the sheer amount of information and to know what to use at which point is crucial.

>have you read your RFCs today?
>>
>>58734548
>Pirating anti-malware
You're a special kind of stupid, arncha?
>>
>>58724531
>that picture
>students aren't 12 years old
>>
>>58734645
>a special kind of stupid
I am in this thread, after all.
g2a it is, then.
>>
File: 71IdVWMANzL.jpg (220KB, 1636x1222px) Image search: [Google]
71IdVWMANzL.jpg
220KB, 1636x1222px
I've recently got this http://a.co/fLJjyYH
However it seems the power supply is a hazard to use and I don't want to fry my HDDs.
Is there compact PSU, I don't need more than 20 watt.
>>
>>58726659

Been there. I learnt general unix and C stuff from reading the man pages.

Honestly at first I didn't understand much. I was constantly googling whatever I had just read in the man pages because those guys have a particular way of writing that is pretty hard to grasp at first.

Also, trivia: if you do $man sleep you'll find the description of the sleep() C function. In some OS, it says it puts the process to sleep; in other it says it puts the thread. It actually is the THREAD always.
>>
File: A5_plus_N_TT_lbl3.jpg (501KB, 1280x918px) Image search: [Google]
A5_plus_N_TT_lbl3.jpg
501KB, 1280x918px
on the website it says you need to connect to a wall outlet but the pic shows wireless are they wireless?

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems/A5-plus-Powered-Speakers
>>
>>58724896
Fuck Ubuntu, bloated shit. Install Arch with the DE/Wm of your choice.
>>
File: maidens.jpg (187KB, 814x992px) Image search: [Google]
maidens.jpg
187KB, 814x992px
I need the botnet /g/

I want a cloud service that basically lets me use it as a network drive, without any nonsense.

pls halp geeksquad
>>
Xvideos somehow changed the way videos and their thumbs are being loaded and displayed and now i get "loading error - Retry" in the video window all the fucking time

Oh and it also just crashed my cuckfox

What do
>>
>>58734844
stop masturbating to 3D
>>
>>58727617
Try HijackThis but I haven't tried it on win10 yet.
>>
My question is probably stupid.

Is there any other animal out there (not human) that use technology? /sqt/?
>>
>>58734668
Why would you even use etset of all things?
>>
I want to dual boot linux onto my desktop and I have a few questions.

1. Should I make a partition for it on my HDD or SSD? Is the speed difference between HDD and SSD for linux as large as it is for windows?

2. What distro should I grab? I haven't touched linux in a year or two, and back then I used Ubuntu, but I want to know what are some good options nowadays.

3. Are drivers going to be a pain in the ass for me? My CPU and GPU are ayyyyyymd.
>>
Has anyone ever used their free time and programming skills to make some additional money?

I mean, instead of playing game i might as well bring in some more money.
But i have absolutely no creative force inside of me and thus have no clue how.
>>
>>58735121
chimps
>>
>>58735187
1. ssd, yes
2. doesn't matter
3. maybe
>>
>>58735217
Do you know exactly how large I should make the partition? I was thinking only ~30gb since I have the harddrive for big files.
>>
I wanna try Linux mint but some months ago I heard it was compromised, is it safe to download now or no?

>inb4 yo have something to hide
>>
>>58735187
>1
Not really.
But linux is best on SSD since you can create a mount point fro your media on the HDD.
>2
Ubuntu mate, Linux mint, openSUSE, Elementary OS, even solus.
You can try debian / arch if you feel like it.
>3
In my experince open drivers in the kernel works better than any propriety drivers.
>>
>>58735187
Linux may be slightly more forgiving of HDDs but you should still use the SSD. Distro depends on what you want, most people are fine with ubuntu or mint. Most drivers are automatic. AMD GPUs are not very good for linux
>>
>>58735182
It's a real nice anti Malware program. Second to common sense 2017.
>>
>>58735346
Maybe 10 years ago.
>>
>>58735317
Your inb4 makes no sense. And it was only unsafe for like a week
>>
So, some websites on my company have been compromised with malicious php code. I have to search for malware inside about 3000 php files. What would you do in my situation?
>>
>>58735187
>Is the speed difference between HDD and SSD for linux as large as it is for windows?
yes, use SSD wherever you can.
>What distro
If you know some ubuntu, try that again.
Distro is irrelevant to all people who ask this question, what they mean is what desktop environment they should use.
>Are drivers going to be a pain
Depends on the distro.
>>
>>58735549
Check out a pre-infection version of all files and run a diff?
>>
>>58734367
Bump
>>
>>58735617
That's what I thought. A diff run would literally take days though. I was using find command to search for malicious base64 and eval patterns, but the site is still infected. Any other ideas?
>>
>>58724531
I need a scripting language for an RPG I'm writing. I'm planning on writing the language from scratch in C++.
I was going to create a tiny C-like language, but I started watching the MIT SICP lectures and fell in love with lisp.

So my question is, would it be a stupid/unreasonably difficult project to write a reasonably functional (but somewhat minimalist) lisp-variant interpreter from scratch?
The main thing that seems like it will end up being a pain is memory management/garbage collection, but I feel like it should be manageable.
>>
The breadwinner passed away last week. Our income (13k/yr) is in the gap that doesn't fall for free Healthcare (medicaid) and doesn't earn enough for Obamacare subsidy. My little brother needs an expensive $60 asthma inhaler + $300 doctors appointments and my mother needs medicine for her autoimmune disease. Homelessness is looming over our shoulders.

I have been a piece of shit NEET for the past 5 years. I would kill myself but I need to live and take care of them.

I need a job ASAP but I also want one with potential growth. I don't want to live paycheck to paycheck forever.

I have the ability to pass the A+ and CCNA but I have none of those certs. What job should I look for? I will apply to my local grocery stores as a cashier for the time being.
>>
>>58735660
Why reinvent the wheel for this?
Why not use an existing language, include a library and then foxus on the RPG?
>>
>>58735641
>a diffrun would take days

What the hell? I don't understand.
Why would it take days?
>>
>>58735721
Because I like reinventing the wheel and find it a good exercise.
Realistically, I'm never going to sell or probably even finish the RPG, but at least I'll become a better programmer in the process of completing it.
I could have just used Unity if the end result was my only concern, but I really dislike not understanding how the system works under the hood.
However, I'll certainly admit that if I was being pragmatic and reasonable about finishing this thing, I'd just integrate Lua and be done with it.
>>
>>58735734
his computer is from the 50's
>>
I have an Asus z170 m7 and a Corsair RM650x.

The m7 has a secondry 8 pin ATX power supply near the peripheral bar. My power supply 8 pin cables(6+2) don't fit this socket. 6 pins fit, but one of the pins on the 2 pin is the incorrect shape.

Do I need an adapter or is this not needed?
>>
I can't remember if when an Android phone is off if the fact that it shows the battery symbol + 0% means it's charging or not, can anyone confirm?
>>
>>58735776
I get that feeling, but there is a difference between understanding something and implementing it and then worrying about the memory efficiency of the thing you have implemented vs something that works and someone else might use.
>>
I changed the USB port my dac was plugged into and it now doesn't work. The power light is still on and it still appears in the playback devises tab, but it doesn't play any sound. Is there anyway to fix this or will I have to deal with messy looking cables?
>>
>>58727617
CCleaner (under Tools).
>>
>>58734844
Check you have the latest FF, the last version (51 i think) could cause such image errors, a chemspill was released the next day.
>>
File: 1450685096015.jpg (83KB, 560x682px) Image search: [Google]
1450685096015.jpg
83KB, 560x682px
>>58734697
Anyone?
>>
>>58734548
You know you'll be searching for new keys every time they blacklist it? NOD32 is cheap as shit for a year license, just do the right thing anon.
>>
>>58735935
Well, alright. I'll try out a g2a key and if that won't work I'll spend a bit on the key.
>>
>>58736027
goddanmit
>>
>>58735856
If it stays at 0% for more than 1-2 minutes then it's not
>>
>>58736038
Just kidding I'll save up the 20 or so buckaroos. It'll be a worthwhile investment with my retardation.
>>
So I have two monitors, i'd like to run linux but have a fullscreen vm of windows on my second monitor, what performance loss should I expect for newish games like overwatch or witcher?
>>
File: cable.png (29KB, 1318x602px) Image search: [Google]
cable.png
29KB, 1318x602px
Do either of these cables exist?

I only see VGA+1.8MM to HDMI out, i basically need the opposite.
>>
>>58735621
Rebump, not so important but I have to replace my current one
>>
>>58736368
Nevermind I guess I can use this: https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-Gold-Plated-Active-Adapter-Converter/dp/B01M3VLLR7?th=1

and a female to female HDMI
>>
File: 1485865660024.jpg (106KB, 547x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485865660024.jpg
106KB, 547x600px
I'm running a gigabyte 1060 6gb I got for 200usd
Thinking of buying the 4690k and am upgrading from an i3 4150
How much can I oc the new i5, and will it bottleneck my GPU?
Any other CPU reccomendations? Not looking to upgrade mbo or ram, so devil's canyon line.
Additionally my Mobo resets to current day/2085 every time I power it off.
That's the Mobo battery right?
Pic obviously not related
>>
>>58736444
>Mobo resets to current day/2085 every time I power it off

I don't know much about modern hardware so I cant give you advice on the other stuff, but yes, your CMOS battery is dead or bad.
>>
>>58736303

First you'll have to use "GPU passthrough" for your VM to be able to use the GPU.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
>>
Why does Crimson say "new recommended 16.12.2" when I'm running 17.1.1
>>
new thread >>58736664
new thread >>58736664
new thread >>58736664
>>
>>58736303
Expect a 10-15% loss if set up ideally, plus the impact of whatever resources your linux install is using. Aside from the passthrough you'll want to have linux on a seperate drive from windows
>>
>>58736444
The exact amount of the overclock isn't gonna matter too much. That i5 is about up there with any other. The main question is whether you're going to regret not getting an i7. There are games that are starting to take advantage of them, and that's only going to be more true as time goes on. So it' up to you whether it's worth ponying up for hyperthreading, but I wouldn't rule it out without some consideration
>>
Is there a secure and easy way to receive emails on my domain without setting up a mail server myself?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.