[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anybody explain to me why everybody thinks AMD is incapable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1399473793726.png (307KB, 740x620px) Image search: [Google]
1399473793726.png
307KB, 740x620px
Can anybody explain to me why everybody thinks AMD is incapable from doing anything good?

There are many good CPUs that AMD has made in the past. The K6, Athlon 64, hell even the Phenoms were good.

AMD has not had an architecture change since 2012, and Intel have just been iterating their same arch with TDP improvements year over year.

Excluding bulldozer, AMD hasn't really been failing. They just haven't been making anything new. So there isn't any evidence that Ryzen is going to disappoint. It's not hard for them to come out on top, because Intel hasn't really done anything new either.
>>
Because amd is shit.
>>
I'm hyped for Zen. And there awesome cpus but like you said nothing new scene like 2012 so that's the problem. Can't wait for a $ on Zen
>>
>>57993168
i was waiting for the bulldozer to kill intel.
i waited and waited
and was given a pile of trash
got a 2600k and never looked back

had a HD 5970 awesome card
AMD stopped making drivers
said they supported it but they didn't
games wouldn't even run at all
sold it and got a 780ti, never looked back

AMD disappoints every time
>>
>>57993168
the last good cpu amd made was the 8350 after that its all shit literally
zen showed enough data for us to believe that it is going to be good really really good..
>>
I'm using an fx-8320e...cost me $125 at microcenter including motherboard and PSU.

Computer works and plays about everything at 1080p...I certainly dont feel limited in any significant way. Shit works Now I'm sure some autistic fuck is going to tell me how stupid I am for my purchase but to be frank I got a decent PC at a really good fucking price. And I can still overclock if I need to (but i haven't run into anything I need to OC for yet).

For the money shit is good. I'm not sure why i should be unsatisfied and im not. Fuck the AMD hate.

I'm looking at an rx-470 now. Seems a good card for the cash.
>>
It's not that I think they are incapable of producing anything good, just that everything they have done for the past 5+ years has been a disappointment. I HOPE Zen is great, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
They showed nothing about Ryzen's single-thread performance despite this being the thing that people were most interested at.
The only possible reason for that is that it simply can't deliver.
>>
>>57993168
AMD has been copying since the beginning, they're just acting like a chink company.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.