[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder than OS X Mavericks is the last good OS X.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

Daily reminder than OS X Mavericks is the last good OS X.
>>
Sadly true
I was kinda excited for the new ui in Yosemite, but the os is utter bullshit
Fucking file system integrity bullshit broke many programs
>>
File: lmao.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>52970571
>any OS X
>good
>>
>>52970612
The new UI is okay except when using it in low-light situations or at night on a non-retina display. I could use the Mavericks UI perfectly, but if I have to use the new UI at night I go literally blind and get headaches, even with increased contrast enabled. I don't know why, I think they changed the way they render fonts, but I just can't work with it.
>>
>>52970571
Planned obsolesce, eh? Enjoy.
>>
>>52970612
why not turn off file system integrity?
>>
So even OSX is full of shit nowadays? How so? Is there any good OS left then? (inb4 ganoo loonix, top kek)
>>
>>52970795
It's still better than meme OSes like Windows and Linux, but it's not as good as a few years ago.
>>
>>52970625
Every version from 10.3 and on.
>>
>>52970835
>It's still better than meme OSes like Windows and Linux
>noapps for anything of note
Lolno
>>
>>52970913
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>52970917
Lucky you. Issues I've found:

>Almost 2 less hours of battery life
>Worse font rendering, especially on PDFs
>Preview.app hangs and crashes 10% of the time when using PDFs. I had to install fucking Adobe Reader
>Time Machine backups unusable for some reason, even though it completed backups without showing me any error. Now my main backup method is plain old drive clones
>General slowness because some Spotlight error that I had to solve by disabling Spotlight

It's much better than Yosemite though, I give you that.
>>
i'm quite happy using os x 10.11.1 and browsing with safari - the best browser in the world.
>>
>>52971034
You seem to have mistyped "Opera 12.16"
>>
>>52970571
No, OSX became shit when they stopped having cats in the OS names.
>>
>>52970997
rMBP13 (Haswell) owner here.

Battery life went down from 9.5 hours to 6.5 hours in general web browsing use.
UI Animations down to 20-40FPS.
A lot of broken Applications, Pixelmator has selection issues.
WINE efficiency dropped significantly 20-30% less battery life running the same software.

El Cap didn't do very much in terms of optimization over Yosemite. The differences are very slight.
>>
>>52971059
Lion and Leopard were shit though.
>>
>>52971049

your post seems to contain both the worst browser and the worst form of combined theatre and music, just a heads up.

basically you wouldn't want to use a browser named "nickelback".
>>
>>52971086
You've never used Opera, have you?
>>
>>52971062
>El Cap didn't do very much in terms of optimization over Yosemite
Perhaps you're right, I didn't use Yosemite much. The first versions (10.10.0, .1...) were atrocious and I went back to my trusty Mavs. Then I fell for the El Cap meme.
>>
>>52970571
My 10.11 Hackintosh is probably the best one I've ever run.

Though that may be my fault.
>>
>>52971111

i think i used it for my cellphone in like 2004 or something.
but honestly, no. do you really think it would be better than safari?
>>
>>52971167
>forming opinions on things you've never used
It's ridiculously better than Safari, and all the other browsers that are better than Safari such as Firefox, modern Opera, etc.
>>
>>52971208

see now you lost me because i do not for a second believe that firefox is better than safari.
thanks for your time anon
>>
>>52971236
>thinks Safari is good
No wonder I lost you, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>Apple product
>good
>>
>>52971236
Not him but Firefox is significantly better than Safari.

Safari is so seldomly updated (besides security updates, major Safari updates only happen after major OS X releases) that every browser out there surpasses it with little effort. It's the IE of Macs.
>>
>>52971294

what is it that i'm missing out by using safari?
>>
File: internet-explorer-27.png (67KB, 700x408px) Image search: [Google]
internet-explorer-27.png
67KB, 700x408px
>>52971294
>It's the IE of Macs
First of all, Macs are hardware. It'd be the IE of OS X.
Secondly, IE is the IE of OS X
>>
>>52971311
Mainly speed, more extensions, better dev tools, native WebM support.

I'm not saying it's a bad browser. For example, it's the best in the power consumption area. I'm saying other browsers are comparatevely better, depending on your needs.
>>
>>52971344
>Secondly, IE is the IE of OS X
OS X =/= older Macintosh OS versions

There's no IE on OS X
>>
>>52971344
>First of all, Macs are hardware.
Hardware that runs OS X. So my statement is correct.
>Secondly, IE is the IE of OS X
But you can't run IE on modern OS X. So my statement is correct.
>>
>>52971383
But that same hardware can run gentoo
>>
>>52971383
>Hardware that runs OS X. So my statement is correct.
No, you can't just use software interchangeably with hardware because one runs on the other.
>But you can't run IE on modern OS X. So my statement is correct.
But you can run IE on OS X, so your statement is false.
>>
>>52971411
>you can't just use software interchangeably with hardware because one runs on the other.
But I can. Macs run OS X which runs Safari. Transitive relation.
>you can run IE on OS X
But you can't run IE on modern OS X. I was speaking about Safari latest version, which runs on modern OS X, so saying I'm referring exclusevely to modern OS X versions is unneeded unless you're retarded.

So my statement is correct.
>>
>>52971411
nope

Running it through Wine or whatever doesn't count

There's no IE on OS X
>>
>>52971467
Windows provides a VM in a box to run IE in OSX.
>>
>>52971467
Since when is OS X Leopard not OS X?
>>
>>52970625
By not being OS NSA, its defacto better
>>
>>52971475
That's running IE on Windows in a VM on OS X

Not running IE on OS X
>>
>>52971352

speed is the only thing that really interests me, any recent test comparisons?
i tried googling but came up with nothing.
>>
>>52970734
I did, but the damage was already done
Many devs stopped supporting Yosemite+ because "turning off sytem integrity is not something we can ask ours users to do just to run out software"

>>52970695
What they changed actually is the way the screen works under different flight conditions
It automatically changes balance etc depending on light conditions
It takes a long to get used to it, and I still have problems with how the screen looks when direct Sun is hitting the light sensor
>>
Yes, I'm still on Mavericks, and I don't see any to reason to upgrade (at least until Apple cucks me by not offering any more security updates).

I also use Safari as my main browser, mainly because it's the most energy efficient browser out there.

I also have Firefox Dev Edition installed, but it's a mess
>>
>>52971083
Snow Leopard was neat brah
>>
File: masterrace.png (69KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.png
69KB, 270x400px
Filthy Mac Peasant
>>
>>52973449
I explicitly said Leopard senpai
>>
File: 1419113324474.jpg (202KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1419113324474.jpg
202KB, 717x880px
>>52973474
>>
>>52970704
>everything is planned obsolence
When this meme will die?
>>
>>52970625
>my unix clone optimized for servers with shitty 80's graphic stack is the best desktop OS
>>
>>52973617
>UNIX is now a UNIX clone
>>
>>52973631
>i don't know how to read
>>
File: NSA+HomOS.png (267KB, 673x888px) Image search: [Google]
NSA+HomOS.png
267KB, 673x888px
>>52971514
>By not being OS NSA
lmao
>>
>>52973798
>Apple is the NSA
>>
Agree with you to know what you want to do the following new or changed via email to the sender by reply to this post a comment to this post a good day for me and I am going out to the next week
>>
Chromium is significantly faster than Safari, Firefox, and, most surprisingly, Chrome for me.

El Cap is fine. Nothing broken, looks a little better, maybe a bit faster, spotlight significantly sexier. What's not to like?
>>
Snow Leopard was the last somewhat usable Os X.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.