[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo faggots, talk me out of using Arch and start using another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: Arch-Linux.png (19KB, 383x321px) Image search: [Google]
Arch-Linux.png
19KB, 383x321px
Yo faggots, talk me out of using Arch and start using another distro.

>Rolling release is shit
No, if it works I shouldn't update it
>yaourt is crap
packer ftw
>unusable
nope

> protip> you can't
>>
>>52955047
Enjoy your core packages maintained by hobbyists.
>>
>>52955225
is that a problem?
>>
>>52955047
Your obviously too much of an idiot.
>>
File: 1406827921652.png (46KB, 804x906px) Image search: [Google]
1406827921652.png
46KB, 804x906px
>>52955047
How much do you weigh OP?
>>
>>52955324
> Still doesnt give any reasons
>>
>>52955353
good one.
>>
File: 1429196174058543.jpg (320KB, 2300x920px) Image search: [Google]
1429196174058543.jpg
320KB, 2300x920px
>>52955047
Why even try, senpai? If someone has a closed mind, there is nothing that can be done to convince them. This is what is wrong with the world. This is the reason why many problems in society exist. This is why people are stuck eating the same restaurants whenever they travel-- because people don't like change. Why don't people like change? It's because they live in fear; people are scared of the unknown. People shouldn't be scared of the unknown, anon. People should embrace the unknown and learn to try new things. For how can we learn what is the best thing for us if we settle for something that feels comfortable? I don't know, anon, I just don't know.

Don't you want to learn new things? Do you really want your experiences to stagnate and for you to be stuck in the same state of being for the rest of your life? I wouldn't want this to happen to me, anon. I would want to become a more well-rounded individual.

I know I'm not perfect; nobody is perfect. I do want to learn and grow everyday of my life. I want to be more. I want to wake up one day and say to myself "Wow, I think that I'm a better person today than I was yesterday". I may not actually be a better person, but it's the feeling that I learned something new and accomplished something that makes me feel like there is that small, miniscule chance that I have.

So, anon, take a chance. Become better than your are today. Become smarter than you are today. For if all else fails, you could always revert back to the last thing that made you comfortable. If there is one thing I can impart on you, brother, it would be this.

Bless you, famfam.
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>52955047
how is packer better than yaourt?
>>
>>52955381
Are you saying Arch users are what's wrong with this world and why many problems in society exist?
>>
>>52955353
kek
>>
>>52955502
> concurrency
>>
>>52955047
>packer
>not pacaur
>>
>>52955353
250 lbs, why? It's mostly muscles... You can even see some of the muscles.
>>
>>52955552
lol you had to reply to yourself faggot
>>
>>52955504
No. That is not what I said at all, brother. It's people that refuse to try something new and take chances that are the problem. I use Arch myself, but this was after I used many other Linux distributions. I still like to keep an open mind regarding other distributions though-- one distribution may not be better than another; they're all just different.

It's almost like comparing our own selves to other people. I would never say, "Hey you, person over there-- yeah. I'm better than you." In fact, saying such a thing makes you the worse person. It shows that you are only thinking about the world from your own point of view. It shows that you aren't willing to lower yourself to help raise someone else up in areas that you have more experience in. For there is something that everyone can learn or improve on by talking to another person.

We're all different, but we're all the same, anon. We're all made up of the same atoms and the same laws of the universe that apply to a tree, a blade of grass, or the planet Krypton apply to us. Why spend your time putting others down when you could make someone's day better? In turn, they can pass it on to someone else. We may not solve all of our problems, but in the end, the world will ultimately be a better place for all of us.

May you have a spectacular day, anon.
>>
>>52955047
>using a neckbeard netinstall made for a bunch of lazy developers who can't even package the software they ship with sane defaults
At least use the netinstall of a good distro like fedora if you want "muh customizing"
>>
>>52955669
>*by a bunch
My fault.
>>
File: 85951265.jpg (76KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
85951265.jpg
76KB, 499x499px
>>52955324
Hello anon. How is your day going? I hope you're doing well! I'm sorry to interject here, but I want to take a chance and try to help you grow as a person. We all make mistakes; I make the biggest mistakes every day!

I just want you to know that you should have used "you're" instead of "your". Don't feel bad or feel like you aren't adequate at English-- just think, you were able to actually formulate a sentence! English is hard, to be truthful. But think of it this way, you exist and you have consciousness. There are many things in this universe that don't have consciousnesses; in fact, there is a larger percentage of things that don't! Doesn't that make you feel special? Doesn't that make you feel lucky? Doesn't that make you feel like a winner?!

It's because you are a winner, anon. I just wanted to give you a little nudge, since I personally was able to grow in that area and I feel confident enough to lend a hand. But that's OK; there are many, many things that you know that I don't know anon. I just hope that one day, you can teach me something new.

I am looking forward to that day, anon. Have a spectacular today.
>>
File: Archhurd.png (28KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
Archhurd.png
28KB, 600x200px
>>52955047
>not using Arch Hurd

Are you even trying?
>>
File: oh.jpg (31KB, 524x519px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
31KB, 524x519px
>>52955225
That's the same in almost every distro you retard
>>
New g fag here can someone explain me what do you use Linux for?
Can you install everything you can on win 7 also if not then its like using car with no chair
>>
You all are some true morons
>>
>>52957874
Can you back your claim with some arguments?
>>
>>52955047
openSUSE:

- Backed by company
- Rolling release, sometimes faster than Arch (KDE, GNOME releases)
- Much more stable and QA tested
- OBS
>>
>>52955047
>not using gento
Back to /r/linux.
>>
>>52958029
>implying I want KDE/GNOME
>>
>>52955353
>be Arch user
>184cm
>79kg
Nice meme.
>>
>>52957836
Linux is great once you use it for awhile.Besides games and some shit like photoshop, it has pretty much anything you could want (if you choose the right distro). I've only ever used Windows 7 very briefly (5-6 months) and I felt so restricted I never used Windows again. It's largely a matter of preference,but I like being able to tweak everything in Linux.
>>
>>52959314
That was just two examples.
>>
>>52959604
so OBS is like AUR?
>>
>>52955047
>No, if it works I shouldn't update it
Uh... you probably should.
>>
>>52957836
everything but games
which mostly amounts to web browsing anyway.
>>
>>52955669
Ugh, it's not even an issue with customization. If shit installers fail, they'll leave you in the dark about exactly what failed. Net installs are preferable in that you're never in the dark about what's going on and in full control.
And you can use the stupid AUI anyway.
>>
>>52959946
It seems we have entered an endless recusion of time
>>
>>52955225
hobby guys are professional guys actually giving shit about their code
mikrOshaft & chinese mass coding CO employees only do as much work as needed to get their payment every month
>>
>sudo pacman -Syu
>834.6 MB update
Wish me luck boys
>>
>>52955669
>how to missing the point: the post
>>
>>52960118
new pacman
>>
>>52960118
If you're using yaourt make sure to yaourt -S yaourt package-query first.
>>
I installed Chromixium for testing... Quite good, I like ChromeOS look. Not so heavy and ofc better than windows.
>>
>>52960226
Yeah I had to anyway, wouldn't let me update otherwise.
>>
>>52957836
Automated installation, upgrading, and uninstallation.
Especially useful for dev tools.
>>
>I shouldn't update it
partial updates are unsupported.
>>
>>52955353
LE LA LEL. So that is what the emblem represents. LE LA LEL
>>
>>52957836
It's for programmers, engineers and those who really want to learn and customize their system to its very core
>>
>>52959851
Everyone can contribute packages, yep.
But it's also a lot more than that: http://build.opensuse.org
>>
File: helpful guide.png (16KB, 613x403px) Image search: [Google]
helpful guide.png
16KB, 613x403px
>>52955047
>>
>>52962018
yes and yes :P
>>
>>52955381
>>52955664
Wise words, anon. Wise words.
>>
Holy shit, I can't believe there are still retards who use AUR helpers other than cower.
>>
>>52958029
except founder of tumbleweed was gregkh, who now uses arch
>>
>>52963697
>rekt
>>
>>52963055
Holy shit, I can't believe there are still retards who use AUR instead of portage.
>>
>>52955047
Alpine linux or gentoo
>>
>>52957836
Everything except for AutoCAD and PS.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.