/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What laptop to buy, macbook pro retina or thinkpad t450s? So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

What laptop to buy, macbook pro retina or thinkpad t450s?

So fat my thoughts:

Mac
>better screen
>better casing
>better battery life by a factor of 3
>better trackpad
>better charging system (magsafe)
>thunderbolt 2 ports
>tested to be actually the best laptop for WINDOWS
>OS X with full office suite
>practically completely silent during normal use
>pcie SSD

Thinkpad:
>a bit more RAM
>a bit more HDD space but normal SSD
>>
OSX has all the professinal software for music, arts and graphic design.
Thinkpad:
No retina display.
No unmatched built-quality and highest quality batches of hardware components made exclusively for apple.
No outstanding battery life.
No expose, spotlight, dashboard, spaces and other OSX features.
No best trackpad in the marked tightly integrated into OS(gestures, etc).
No aluminium unibody and practically no noise and heat.
Ugly design.
>>
>>52650696
It's all about the money
>>
>>52650705
to add:
>user upgrades
>doesn't overheat
>>
>>52650696
Lel, a gaming Mac
>>
>>52650705
>>52650696

>>>lgbt
>>
File: 4chan servers.jpg (132KB, 391x311px) Image search: [Google]
4chan servers.jpg
132KB, 391x311px
>>52650696
>So fat my thoughts:
>>
do you have a social life?
yes?
macbook
>>
>>52650696
dell xps 13 dev with ssh for access to your desktop pc.
>>
It depends on how much work you want to put in to your laptop. Do you want to upgrade it? Do you want it to be fast right out of the box? Do you want Linux? What's your budget? etc.
I personally say Thinkpad, because simpler to fix and pretty good self service ability on it. But the Macbook isn't a bad computer by any means. Just expensive.
>>
>>52650696
Would the macbook be an investment or just a regular purchase?
If you have to eat ramen to pay it, you're stuck once you got it.
It's not bad per se but you might have problems.
The chinkpad you can put linux on it once it's old and use it as backup/give it to a nephew etc.
And if the chinkpad fails you, you can buy something else since you didn't make the big purchase on the mac.
If you're rich enough that you could buy a mac and buy something else if it's not for you go ahead.
>>
>>52650696
XPS 15
>>
>>52650705
Practically all correct except for ugly design
>>
>>52650696
without your specific use case, our advice is useless OP
>>
>>52651565
>>52652142
these
>>
>mfw th e XPS would be literally PERFECT if Windows wasn't such a shit
>>
>>52652355
>not using the dev edition with just werks *buntu
they even put all custom drivers for it upstream.
>>
>>52652355
dev edition.
>>
>>52652391
>no Adobe products
>no ecosystem with my Windows phone
>no super fast edge browser soon enough

I'm just saying win 10 is close to being great but it has to make some changes.
>>
>>52650696
If you can afford the Mac, don't even think about it
I've had a MacBook air for the past 4 years (first MacBook model with pcie ssd)
Before that, I had hps (back when hp wasn't kill), and even an old thinkpad my dad had laying around the house and there is no comparison to be made
>>
File: 1444691738290.jpg (76KB, 509x514px) Image search: [Google]
1444691738290.jpg
76KB, 509x514px
>Thinly veiled bait
>/g/ will still fall for it
Come on OP...
>>
>>52652419
if you actually need adobe (meaning you work professionally with it) there are ports but adobe only offer them to enterprise.
>using a windows phone
what the fuck anon?
>edge
edge got absolutely nothing on iceweasel aurora/firefox dev

windows 10 is an unstable, slow, bloated, restrictive piece of shit spyware.
source: i dual-boot with windows 10 enterprise lstb n on my desktop for gaymen.
>>
It's a laptop, so you can pretty much forego the 'upgradeable' notion. So many adamant Windows cucks hate MacBooks for not being able to upgrade the parts, yet never even open the damn underside (except when they have to RMS it because the HD/RAM conks out every 3 months). Almost every big laptop manufacturer makes it difficult/expensive to upgrade/swap out parts. Meanwhile MacBooks hold up well for well over 5 years.

There is one thing Apple does very well, and that's their line of laptops. As for price, you can get the latest 2015 line off Craigslist or Ebay at like-new for 800-1800.
>>
>>52652428
This, don't even think about buying a Mac OP. Just don't do it
>>
>>52652471
I like premiere pro and after effects, nothing professional though
>>
such obvious bait
>>
>>52652479
You can't replace the battery
>>
>>52652509
i never got why people pirate software instead of using free alternatives and supporting them, it feels so much better.
>>
>>52652544
Because some software like video editors aren't easy to make
>>
>>52650696
just got this last week.

i can root for mac, my thinkpad served me well for many years, but this is a very nice laptop.
>>
>>52652571
but they already exist and some of them are fairly decent if you take the time to learn them (the one integrated in blender is really good even if the learning curve is steep). people who hate adobe (and i know a lot of people in the field that do because of shit like CC) and still pirate their products should save the money and donate it (or a part of it) to a FOSS alternative of their choice.
>>
>>52650696
Check out the HP spectre x360.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.