[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Audio Player?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: ogg-player-freedoom_0.jpg (17KB, 253x400px) Image search: [Google]
ogg-player-freedoom_0.jpg
17KB, 253x400px
What's the best OGG/FLAC/MP3 player for your buck? I've been looking at the ThinkPenguin model personally. Having an SD slot is a must.
>>
I have a Sandisk Clip Zip with Rockbox firmware. 8gb in the device and 32 from the SD card. Only problem is I don't think they make them anymore and the new Sandisk players suck. Most smartphones can play those files and accept SD cards. IME Galaxy phones have good sound quality.
>>
>>52643946
generally clip zips can be found at best buy still for a decent price
>>
Sansa Clip with rockbox.
If it's still on sale for $96, the Fiio X1.
>>
I'm curious OP, why don't you just use your android phone?
>>
>>52644485
Battery life, dumb tripfag.
>>
>>52644544
Listening to music doesn't use up battery life on a phone that much. But if you stress your phone that much throughout the day you can buy an extended battery or down-clock your processor.

I get over 2 days of life on my LG Volt on average. Though I only use 3G internet and my CPU is locked at 300-787 mhz.
>>
>>52644659
fuck off
>>
>>52644844
OK senpai, you're thread wasn't gonna get much attention anyway. Using a dedicated music player when your phone is right fucking there seems odd to say the least in 2016.
>>
>>52644844
I get tripfag hate but at least he was participating intelligently, asshole
>>
>>52644485
Not OP but as someone who exercises regularly, a small audio player would be great for running.
>>
>>52645028
meh, I never got used to using my sansa clip for exercising. I just bought a pair of bluetooth headphones and called it a day. Probably gonna pawn my sansa clip or just throw it away. I haven't used it in over a year.
>>
File: IMG_20160126_225024.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_225024.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
i have a fiio x1 but the rubber wheel got fucked and i had to rip it off anyone know if there is a fix or any suggestions
>>
>>52644659
And how do you suppose I hold the phone while I'm running and working out?
>>
>>52645260
>what are wireless headphones
>>
>>52645268
>wireless headphones

So what's the range on those? Will they reach 6 miles away from home on a run? Will they reach across the gym, ~600 ft?
>>
>>52643126
Your phone. Which will also play Opus as a bonus.
>>
>>52645260
Most people use arm bands.
>>
File: guanxi_disgust_expression.jpg (26KB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
guanxi_disgust_expression.jpg
26KB, 440x250px
>>52645405
That seems fucking annoying, how would you do bench press comfortably or elbow raises? How would I stop my phone from getting doused in sweat? How would I keep it form bouncing around on my arms whilst running?
>>
>>52645456
The bands I've seen have the phone in plastic. Why would it bounce? The arm band would be tight.

Do you just never go outside of your house or something? It seems odd that you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>52645470

I just looked it up. Literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I've NEVER seen a person with one of these on at my gym before, and I go to a D1 university
>>
>>52645551
Ah, that explains it, you haven't been involved with the real world yet. Probably explains why you're taking a consumer electronics thread seriously, too.
>>
>>52645582
shitposting, your life must be sweet
>>
>>52645595
Someone pointing out that you hold viewpoints represent of your general age group isn't shitposting. Continuing to take everything you read seriously is, though.

FYI: You'll find more of your brethren on Reddit though I'm not sure what the consumer tech sub would be.
>>
File: 1442378766537.png (488KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1442378766537.png
488KB, 600x450px
>>52643126
Sandisk Clip is good, I like my Fiio X1 though
>praise be to Kek, may his passing cleanse the world
>>
>>52645348
>what are pockets?
>>
I bought a handful of the ipod shuffle clones from china for $1 each and stash a few wherever I need them--car, gym bag, work...battery lasts about 6hrs and as soon as one dies I pop the microsd card out and pop it in a new one and throw the dead one on the charger. pretty good system, better than killing a snsa clip zip every 6 months like I was doing
>>
>>52645670
>putting a smartphone in my running shorts

i forgot that /g/ is 100% fatty nowadays

probably only use their audio player on the subway or in moms car
>>
>>52645697
>he needs special shorts to run
>>
the iaudio m5 and x5 were the fucking best audio players ever devised. with rockbox, and without. nothing will ever top them.
>>
>>52645717
who the fuck wants to run with a 1/2 lb block in their pants?
>>
>>52645697
Not him but I only go to the gym because my sister goes and I get to see her sexy ass running on a treadmill. I wonder if she has ever noticed me looking.
>>
File: Emily1.jpg (76KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Emily1.jpg
76KB, 960x960px
>>52645746
need pics

>pic related
>>
>>52645739
I run with a phone in my pockets, what the fuck is wrong with that?
They're not heavy, they don't fall off, I can use them if I need.
Stop being a fucking nitpicking faggot.
>>
>>52645739
most phones actually weight about a 1/4 of a pound. If that little weight is bothering you then you need to see a doctor.
>>
>>52645781
because it's annoying as fuck and could easily damage the phone with sweat or falling out of the pocket? how is this hard for you to understand you autist
>>
>>52645784
I have a nexus 6, it's 7oz and not something i want bouncing and swinging around next to my balls when i run
>>
>>52645823
Buy pants with better pockets
>>
>>52645839
They're talking about working out in running shorts.
>>
>>52645839
or I could buy a $3 mp3 player and not have to change my wardrobe, risk damaging my phone, and have an annoying hindrance swinging in my shorts or strapped to my arm
>>
>>52645883
Some people value time more than their money because they have more of one than the other. I would hate to have to manage yet another device.
>>
>>52643126
Wait, Thinkpenguin has a music player?
>>
>>52645906
some people in /g/ actually get gud with computers so all of this is handled seamlessly for them whenever the device is plugged in for charging
>>
>>52644659
Actual OP here. My Smartphone is starting to buy my farm, and I'm thinking of getting a feature phone + audio player combo instead of another expensive smart phone.
>>
>>52645958
good choice OP, check out the ruizu x02
>>
>>52645906
what is there to manage just use rsync retard
>>
>>52646198
Because it's going to store all 400 GB of music I have. No need to management what's on it at all.
>>
>>52645958
Just get a cheap smartphone with spotify.
Sansa clips/zips are better but more expensive nowadays
>>
>>52645060
>brag about lossless music library
>use bluetooth headphones
Nigga, you know where you are?
>>
>>52643126
desu senpai, you just posted it. It's the absolute best MP3 player ever.

It's small, light, great battery life, great sound quality, and all the features you'd expect with Rockbox. Truly a pity they stopped making those baka, and then the remaining stocks are sold a fortune, when the whole fucking point of it is that it's affordable.

But at this rate, it'll be a better deal to use a cheap Android phone as a MP3 player considering the prices. They maintain a shit battery life, they're pretty big, filled with features you don't need, but it's better than any other player on the market at this price range.

Otherwise all that remains is Sony which still makes decent stuff and on which we can hope to get Rockbox in the future and then there's all the "audiophile" crap.
>>
i would actually recommend that you just buy a low priced phone. I got a lumia 635 and i use that with an sd slot. the dsp, and dac are pretty crap. and the headphone amp is pretty low power. but i dont use anything better than some monster turbines or polk buckle headphones with it. Really, i dont know why you would use anything but a low end phone as an mp3 player, there much better than an actual mp3 player.
>>
Phone in armband.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.