I am pretty sure Linus is not allowed to advertise inside his videos since jewtube won't make any money etc
I am not talking about shill builds but about actual commercials inside his videos:
I don't follow his videos, I just want to push buttons
How do I make a complain?
Shill in the 4chan sense implies presenting an advertisement as your own opinion
Those are clearly adds
He runs three channels, putting out a high volume of content at 4k resolution
He's allowed to, but up until recently you didn't have to shill out cash to google for that, but now you need to cut a fucking check to google for that. IMO, fair enough, your making money on googles video platform, and money he makes BTW! Lots, ever seen the shit he has in his building? He built a fucking $20,000 computer ffs.
He went over this in a video a while back:
https://youtu.be/bkPrrCRJYog?t=6m6s (starts around 6:06)
- Paid product placement: Allowed
- 5 second pre- mid- or post- roll ad: Allowed
- Sponsor logo integrated into show title graphic: Allowed in some cases
- Sponsor logo incuded in channel banner: Allowed in some cases
- Burned-in ads: NOT ALLOWED
1. Fuck off back to >>>/biz/
2. LTT is not technology, it is marketing. Linus's group isn't a tech group, it is a marketing group filled with technologically illiterate retards without any respectable STEM degrees, STEM related jobs, or any legit tech business that actually requires skills and technical literacy.
3. Fuck off back to >>>/biz/
4. The faggot lost half his marketing revenue (and YouTube ad revenue is shit in the first place), he pays his faggot group minimum wage, and had to Internet beg in a pitiful way in order to fund moving to a shitty new office which he even admitted they were ripped off on.
5. Fuck off back to >>>/biz/
6. He's a dumb faggot who belongs in >>>/biz/ and not on /g/ given he is a marketer (and his LinkDin has no technical certificate or validation whatsoever, but only marketing related shit, swimming instructor and fucking boyscout camper).
7. Fuck off back to >>>/biz/
Guess he can't find a way to shill into the tape drive manufacturer's heart
Looking after videos from 3 years+ years ago of Linus compared to now is just so disappointing.
He used to actually be excited for hardware and appreciated everything he got and even spent his own money to show off neat tricks and what not.
Now he's like a spoiled brat that will cry if a company doesn't send him samples. His videos are essentially 10 minute long ads with other ads within them just to make sure he can jew the most money per video, and he barely gives off the vibe of caring anymore.
It's like he expects the best now and even with he gets it he gives no shit, gives no effort, and instead just shills it.
Why do anyone care about this?
Everything is an ad.
YouTube is just a way to target ads at you more directly so you pick what category of ads you see.
Channels like linus where the content is an ad, you cannot really be mad about him selling out as much as he can.
His build advice is dubious at best and presented as-and taken as good builds and good practice.
He has character and can make a build guide interesting, but if you want to have some fun, take his router or server build guides and show them to a real sysadmin and watch their horrified expression. His mini NAS using the asrock rack motherboard for example-that motherboard is for rack mount servers and requires the airflow those cases provide. Linus didn't use it properly-and in cases where it doesn't have forced air through the heatsink, it requires a fan to be added-which wasn't done. He had a consumer motherboard populated with raid cards as a server that died and required data recovery specialists. Backup server? none. 3 raid five arrays striped to make a shitty version of raid 50.
He's an entertainment show masquerading as a tech show. It's like Top gear, but the hosts of that were really knowledgeable about cars and car tech. Linus isn't.
And that is why I watch him and dislike him. he's entertaining in his mistakes, but a poor source of advice. it's not even a "do as he says, not as he does". It's "ignore his advice completely" but also "feel free to watch him, the fuckups are really amusing".
yeah i miss his old video formats, he was genuinly excited back then, he did mention in a wan show that tech has gotten very stale lately.
Wish they would go back to unboxings, those were great.