[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Microsoft ever release a (proper) sequel to the 3.0? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: Microsfot Intellimouse 3.0.jpg (194KB, 1159x821px) Image search: [Google]
Microsfot Intellimouse 3.0.jpg
194KB, 1159x821px
Will Microsoft ever release a (proper) sequel to the 3.0? If i move from mine, i'd absolutely love to upgrade to a newer version but it seems as thought Microsoft isn't currently paying attention to the Intellimouse line.

inb4
>but anon, the Intellimouse 4.0 exists

Mentioning the 4.0 is kinda like mentioning any of the two sequels to the Matrix.
>>
>>52639450
lol no

Good mice won't be made except for gaymen mice in like 5 years
>>
>>52639450
Fuck you man the second Matrix movie was awesome
>>
>>52639509
Didn't really have the pop culture impact of the first one, nor was it in any way as awe inspiring and geek-marvelous.

In short, 1999 Matrix was essentially 1337.
>>
No since everyone is buying so hard into the "PC iz fed" meme you can actually use it on decision makers now.

Check out the steelseries kinzu, do not own one myself but I've seen other IMO people say it was a worthy switch

They also have the habu but good fucking luck finding one
>>
File: mk_imoblk_ci.jpg (8KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
mk_imoblk_ci.jpg
8KB, 300x250px
>>52639450
>those awful side buttons

Only on one side
super tiny
have to stretch to reach the front button

Why not get a intellimouse optical?
>>
>>52639754
I really want an Intellimouse that maintains the same stylishly sensible and reserved appearance of the Intellimouse while being well equipped enough to be a proper gaming tool, like the 3.0. I'm really not looking forward to purchasing a garish, 1337-gaming h4x0rs of Intarnetz! mouse. (fucking R.A.T. and razer)
>>
File: l_46410012.jpg (27KB, 600x532px) Image search: [Google]
l_46410012.jpg
27KB, 600x532px
wmo was the perfect mouse
anything beyond 3 buttons = mental retardation
just need a modern version to be made with faster tracking speed and 1000hz usb
>>
>>52640421
Or you can just overclock the polling rate of your usb to 1000hz in win 7, there seems to be even a driver for win10 now as well (not too sure about this though)..or like me, you can have a fatality port and overclock any mouse to 1000hz on windows 10 without issue, the tracking speed jumps up substantially once overclocked.

Or you could get mice that have almost identical shapes:

WMO: Sensei/Xai, Kana/Rival 100, Kinzu (though palm swell is much lower, so close but not quite) Several Zowie mice.
IO 1.1a: Zowie AM
IE 3.0: Zowie EC1A, Rival/Rival 300 (though more narrow and slightly longer, its ergo's are similar) Deathadder (similar ergo's and shape) Habu (if you can find one)

Personally I would wait till Zowie refresh their EC line with a 3360 sensor.
>>
>>52641458
The problem is that not only can you not overclock it on anything but windows 7 but also the tracking speed is way too low before it fouls up.

> fatality port
lol nah. not replacing my motherboard so i can overclock a mouse.

> the tracking speed jumps up substantially once overclocked
no, it does not. in fact, it actually shows tracking oddities when clocked past 500hz.

>Or you could get mice that have almost identical shapes
the shape of the mouse is meh whatever it's the fact it only has 3 buttons and no extraneous buttons that i have to install additional software to disable.

>Zowie
is shit. they uses shit tier click switches in all their mice.
>>
>>52641873
There is apparently a driver that does not require Windows 8.1 or 10 to be put into unsigned driver mode, though I have not bothered to look into it because having the fatality port I don't need to worry about it.

The tracking improved on my WMO, IO 1.1a and IME 3.0 all when OC'ed to 1000hz, though not all mice behave equally, so its hit or miss.

Well if you like mice without all the extra bullshit buttons, there is the Kinzu, or if you can find one, there are DA's from korea called PC Bang Edition, that have the original DA 1800dpi sensor, which can be modded to have a red LED and have almost zero LOD (I used one in a Kinzuadder, and its a quality sensor) and it has no side buttons on the shell.

And Huano's aren't that bad, they are quite crisp and work well with the shell of Zowie mice, but if its such a problem, it takes 5 minutes to change switches out to whatever you please with a soldering iron (I have Omrons from a G502 in a Kinzuadder, instead of the shitty TC switches).
>>
File: 12397625234.png (306KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
12397625234.png
306KB, 640x336px
>>52641873
>not only can you not overclock it on anything but windows 7
Wrong, you can change the polling on xp-botnet10 but I think you already know that.
>using any version of windows other than 7
Holy shit, how fucking retarded are you?
>tracking speed is way too low
If you don't know how to setup your sensitivity correctly which results in hitting the malfunction speed then you are literally retarded after all.
>your entire post
What a contrarian piece of shit, when will neo/g/ leave?
>>
Steelseries rival 300 get
>>
>>52641873
>The problem is that not only can you not overclock it on anything but windows 7 but also the tracking speed is way too low before it fouls up.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_polling_rate

Just use an OS that isn't shit.
>>
>>52642154
>Wrong, you can change the polling on xp-botnet10
>Holy shit, how fucking retarded are you?
it's actually because of a bug with vsync, thanks for not asking tho, tard.
i intend to stick with windows 8.1 point of sales for its modular design until i can get my hands on server 2016

enjoy your deprecated OS, i guess.

>If you don't know how to setup your sensitivity correctly which results in hitting the malfunction speed then you are literally retarded after all.
sensitivity has nothing to do with malfunctioning speed. you're talking about 1:1 pixel tracking and yes, i already use 6/11 and have perfect tracking on my g400 mouse.

>>52642245
>Just use an OS that isn't shit.
linux is shit tho
if you wanted to pretend to be superior, trying using bsd
>>
>>52643143
>linux is shit tho
>if you wanted to pretend to be superior, trying using bsd
Holy fuck, you're retarded.
>>
>>52641986
>There is apparently a driver that does not require Windows 8.1 or 10 to be put into unsigned driver mode, though I have not bothered to look into it
yeah, nah.

>The tracking improved on my WMO, IO 1.1a and IME 3.0 all when OC'ed to 1000hz
it is objectively worse past 500hz however there are other oddities improved when moving up to 1000hz independent of wmo's fails at 1000hz

> DA's from korea called PC Bang Edition, that have the original DA 1800dpi sensor, which can be modded to have a red LED and have almost zero LOD
i've heard bad things about these but i considered it at point

>And Huano's aren't that bad
they're slower than the omron's on logitech's mice so, meh, no thanks.
>>
>>52643153
enjoy you're cpu microcode backdoors, tard.

and really, you should stop using things you don't understand. makes you looks stupider than you actually are.
>>
>>52643208
>you're
kek, Windows users everyone. Just kill yourself.
>>
>>52640421
>Easy web navigation = mental retardation
>>
>>52643227
have fun being buttraped by cpu microcode backdoors, kid.
>>
>>52643250
>clicking a button is harder than clicking a button
yep, you're retarded.
>>
File: 1238062434.png (223KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1238062434.png
223KB, 512x384px
>>52643143
>using vsync
>uses botnet8.1
>calls 7 deprecated
How many times can you fuck up in one thread?
>>
>>52643257
I bet you don't even know what CPU microcode is and that you're just parroting something you read on /g/.
>>
>>52643298
yes, the vsync built into the desktop compositor causes stuttering on windows 7 in certain situations that are not present in the version i'm currently using.

you are stupid, nothing more to see here.
>>
File: 1239843653.png (210KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1239843653.png
210KB, 576x432px
>>52643316
>not configuring your system properly
>not using the classic theme
I really don't think you're old enough to post here.
>>
>>52643410
you can't just disable the desktop compositor you fucking retarded sack of shit. disabling it causes even worse stuttering and visual anomalies. holy shit you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>52643410
You realize the compositing is done by the dwm in winbloat right? Therefore disabling the bloat that you don't seem to understand disables the compositing.

This is kiddie shit m8
>>
>>52639450
Fuck off the Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000 is the best mouse ever made.
>>
>>52643555
>>52643448
fucked up my quote senpai
>>
>>52643555
>>52643566
>Therefore disabling the bloat that you don't seem to understand disables the compositing
no, you got the first quote right. i'm not disabling it.
>>
>>52643448
Wow, great OS!
>>
>>52643656
disabling vsync will always produce the same undesirable result, irrespective of how the os chooses to do it.
>>
>>52643562
>implying
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.