[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non Botnet Phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1431041054530.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1431041054530.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
How do I not get cucked by someone while still being able to use a smartphone in this day in age?

Why can't someone make a noncucked simple smartphone that has a few apps, can browse the web, and other things that isn't botnet infested bullshit?
>>
There is no such thing.
>>
>>52633707
Nokia 3210 but speak in klingon while calling so NASA cant hear your plans for upcoming LAN party/Waifu Pillow meeting.
>>
>>52633707
Custom rom without gapps + xprivacy is probably the closest you can get to privacy when using handheld botnet.
>>
>>52633736
kek'd
>>
>>52633707
https://youtu.be/WGkNiRFwmOg
>>
>>52633707
Check out replicant

http://www.replicant.us
>>
>>52633707
Because it isn't profitable. That web browser alone is a gateway for the ebin botnet boogeyman.

You want a true phone that respects your freedoms? Get one of those old brick phones
>>
>>52633707
>>
>>52633707
No such thing. You can set up a phone to be about as secure as a desktop on the OS level and above (if you pick the right phone with good community support) which will keep your information safe from companies that want to datamine it, but even then all smartphones available have the problem of the baseband firmware/processor. The baseband firmware and processor are what controls the phone's connection to the cell network, the problem is that the way most SOCs that phones use are set up, it has direct access to the phone's main processor and RAM, the baseband firmware also tends to have a ton of security holes will some that have audited allowing for the execution of whatever code is sent to the phone over the air. Pretty much nothing will keep your information on your phone safe from a state level actor with the current phones available.
>>
>>52635469
Hmmm... what would be stopping security minded BlackBerry to do this? I mean, for a company that values security a hole that big MUST have been noticed.
>>
>>52635653
It doesn't matter what BlackBerry wants, the problem is the companies that make the chips.
>>
>>52635469
No but you can at least stop data marketers and g**gle. until project-fi gets everywhere that is.
>>
>>52636166
So what, the only way is to have two SoC on the same phone, where one handles only connections and the other handles everything else but doesn't have the baseband?
>>
>>52633707
there were phones that could run debian?
Build your own phone (raspberry pi)?
LELELELELELELE PROJECT LELELELELELELE
>>
>>52633707
Are you hiding illegal stuffs fami? Cause that's the main reason people hide from the good guys 2bh. They only want to find the pedo, terrorists etc.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (37KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
37KB, 670x400px
Until you install gapps I guess
>>
>>52633707
Drop ~$400 on the deposit to possibly get a chance to pay the other $800 an OpenPhoneux Neo900. It's as open source as you can get. Even the baseband processor has leaked specs and is separated from the CPU, making baseband attacks much more complicated.
>>
>>52638013
Also, i just found out about the Pyra, the next Openpandora. It will apparently have cellular capabilities.
>>
>>52637021
I've been running without gapps for a while now, it's alright

Too bad the phone hardware is so dated by now that i can barely use the browser without the music app getting killed in background
>>
>>52633707

>wireless

>privacy/security

pick one
>>
>>52633949
Still have hardware backdoor botnet
>>
>>52635653
nothing, blackberry works perfectly fine if you don't want the mainstream apps that literally everybody uses
I'm a former Z10 owner
>>
>>52641206
Why didn't you download the apks, brah?
>>
>>52640278
The Replicant devs managed to plug the connection between the backdoor and the processor on a few samsung phones, but they can still control the baseband chips so it's still not 100% safe.
>>
>>52633707
>Why can't someone make a noncucked simple smartphone that has a few apps, can browse the web, and other things that isn't botnet infested bullshit?
that's called Sailfish OS and Ubuntu Touch.
They are both great, but I think you shouldn't go with Sailfish OS. I don't rely on them to provide a real long term support.
>>
What do you think about creating a VPS, setting up VPN on it and filtering traffic, blacklisting bad IPs and all IPs that do traffic when I turn on the pho e? This is my raw idea of beating the botnet or at least sending less data (but I don't care about NSA, just about data mining)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.