[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lubuntu or Xubuntu?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: xubuntu.jpg (27KB, 540x378px) Image search: [Google]
xubuntu.jpg
27KB, 540x378px
Lubuntu or Xubuntu?
>>
>>52631502
What's the difference? All the n-buntus are the same with a little stetic change, I just use ubuntu
>>
I like Lubuntu, but right now it's a pain in the ass to boot the newest Version on a USB so you have to download a old Version and all that jazz. If you want to change right now I would have gone for xubuntu. If it had worked, then I would have gone for lubuntu
>>
>>52631526
This
>>
>>52631526
>What's the difference? All the n-buntus are the same with a little stetic change

That is the difference, there IS some slight functional changes as well Connected to the DE. Slightly different ways to change themes and so on.
>>
>>52631554
But you have many ways to modifiy the ubuntu desktop and apparence so you can have Ubuntu looking like Xubuntu, Lubuntu or whateverbuntu
>>
>>52631526
Except the aesthetic differences, there are some other changes to, like the lighter distros (lubuntu) replace the heavier programs with lighter counterparts and so on.
Nothing that cannot be replicated using Debian, enough motivation and time

But there are a few very small unique feature of some distros that do not work with others because they are made so
>>
I'd go with Lubuntu if you need paperweight distro.
>>
File: Arch-winner.png (64KB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
Arch-winner.png
64KB, 300x214px
Arch[itect] + Xfce

inb4 le ebin Arch meme squad xD
>>
>>52631502
Lubuntu is better but it's ugly as f***
>>
>>52631780
true
>>
debian stretch with xfce+compton
>>
>>52631502
xubuntu unless you have a shitty/old PC
>>
>>52631502
Arch
>>
I prefer Nobuntu
>>
>>52631502
Xubuntu
>>
Ubuntu MATE
>>
Xubuntu on my 10 year old T60 for occasional browsing and 480p chinese cartoons.
>>
>>52631502
Arch linux because I'm not 12 years old or female
>>
File: arch_linux_users_in_a_nutshell.png (979KB, 650x4376px) Image search: [Google]
arch_linux_users_in_a_nutshell.png
979KB, 650x4376px
>>52632439
>>52631759

Nice meme
>>
File: Well meme'd.jpg (141KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
Well meme'd.jpg
141KB, 803x688px
>>52632521
Nice meme
>>
File: costanza sly wink.gif (468KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
costanza sly wink.gif
468KB, 500x400px
>>52631502
Go with Lubuntu if you need a lightweight dist! And Lubuntu is a more popular dist according to Distrowatch.com therefore you should get a better "helpdesk community". Im quite bias though... i have Lubuntu installed on all my computers (excluding servers) and i see no reason to use something else! And i have converted almost all my Linux-using friends to Lubuntu from Xubunt,Ubuntu,Fedora and debian!
>>
>>52632521
Hah, every time I see that comic it makes me laugh at inferior Noobuntu losers who are scared by a config file, and are too beta to assert dominance over their system, let alone a woman. Truly beta. Genuinely funny for the opposite reason to me.
>>
Kubuntu, of course.
>>
>>52631502
gentoo
>>
Xubuntu, since Xubuntu is an uglier DE
>>
>>52632521
>Pacman erases your custom configs
Wait, what? How common is this?
>>
>>52634277
not very common but things like it can be really irritating to people who don't want to put up with it.
>>
Xubuntu if your enjoy screen tearing.
Lubuntu if you enjoy uglyness.

Linux is about the freedom of choice.
>>
i3
>>
>>52634303
>Xubuntu if your enjoy screen tearing.
COMPTON
O
M
P
T
O
N
>>
>>52634343
>>
debian xfce cut out the bullshit
>>
>>52634463
why not just run "compton --backend glx --paint-on-overlay --vsync opengl-swc" on startup? xfce got a nice gui setting for startup applications.
>>
>>52631502
Xubuntu just WERKS while having SLIGHTLY higher system reqs at least it DOESN'T LOOK LIKE DOG SHIT.
>>
>>52632792
Why should I move from Xubuntu to Lubuntu. Only reason I can think of is size, is there really a big difference in performance between them? If not I'd rather have my system not look like dog puke.
>>
>>52631502
Either is pretty good.
>>
>>52634814
My friend moved over from Xubuntu beause Lubuntu was more stable and felt more work oriented.
The Lxterminal is really nice! And PCmanFM is in my opinion the best FM out there! So it all boils down to taste! Simple as that!
I told my friend to just "apt-get lubuntu-destop" and try it out and see if it worked better than Xubuntu on his computer and he tried it out and in the next 4-5 weeks he realised he used XFCE less and less, to the point that he Installed Lubuntu the next time he upgraded!

Sure Lubuntu does not have animations and that shit but its consistant and easy to rice! And i like simple stuff. I always config my Windows to look as simple as possible... its a matter of taste!
>>
>>52635003
>I always config my Windows to look as simple as possible... its a matter of taste!

Same here but I always felt LXDE is "unfinished" and I'm not really interested in ricing. XFCE isn't that bloated either and looks pretty good out of the box. I'll give a try and see how I like it though.
>>
>>52635069
I think you should try as many DE:s as possible! Everybody has their favorite for different reasons!
And in Ubuntu, installing a new desktop is no problem at all! So my suggestion is install a "base" like Xubuntu if you like that and then install all the desktops you are a bit interrested in via the apt-get!
Then when you have found the desktop you like the most, wipe your installation and reintall a clean version with the desktop you like!
I did this when Unity came and my laptop couldnt handle it, After a few weeks of trying around i found Lubuntu and just loved it!
>>
>>52635212
>So my suggestion is install a "base" like Xubuntu if you like that and then install all the desktops you are a bit interrested in via the apt-get!
I did that with Debian and I just ended up with a clusterfuck of DE's and still not able to decide which one I liked best. Since then I sticked with XFCE and Xubuntu.
I have an x200s so the face the fact that it's slightly slimmer should definitely be a pro!
>>
Lubuntu gave me annoyances, Xubuntu has never done me wrong. They're both fast and customizable, so Xubuntu should be the winner.
>>
>xubuntu
and wait until lubuntu moves from lxde to lxqt.
>>
>>52635316
16.10 should do that
>>
File: 1424833721239.png (775KB, 618x625px) Image search: [Google]
1424833721239.png
775KB, 618x625px
>>52635251
Sounds like you have already made up your mind, you like Xubuntu so what is the problem?
You asked what we thought and i said Lubuntu, but if you like Xubuntu more, then go with that! The amount and freedom of choice is what make Linux and all open source stuff good!
>>
ArchLinux
>>
ubuntu mate
>>
lubuntu
>>
>>52632808
>inferior Noobuntu losers who are scared by a config file

Maybe they dont to spend their time on something that should just work? You might have unlimited amounts of time to spend configuring things that should have to, but most people dont.
>>
install debian
>>
>>52634322
>>
>>52635003
you type like a faggot
>>
Pff, 2016, not using LXLE
>>
LXLE masterrace.

It's Lubuntu but better.
>>
>>52635591
the only correct answer
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.