[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/, What is your favorite IDE (Linux, Windows or OSX,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: Pycharm.png (340KB, 578x434px) Image search: [Google]
Pycharm.png
340KB, 578x434px
Hello /g/,

What is your favorite IDE (Linux, Windows or OSX, I don’t care) and/or text editor?
>>
Linux KDE
>>
Vim
>>
>>52541338
>>52541549
Not IDEs
>>
>>52541326
Eclipse and Sublime Text.
>>
Qt creator
>>
>>52541589
OP said IDE and/or text editor.
>>
>>52541589
Vim+Vundle
>>
What is the best IDE for programming C and C++?
I've tried several, including Eclipse, code blocks and codelite, but none of them do it for me. Am I missing something that would make one of them perfect, or is there one I haven't tried?
>>
>>52541969
Geany if you want a light weight one.
>>
Emacs

Though the only thing irritating me is the lack of auto-complete. You can use M-\ but it's shit.
Though I know you can get sort-of IntelliSense to work in emacs, but it seems to be shitload of configuration.

Best choice I ever did was to come to emacs. Easy to compile. Easy to find errors. It's quite great tbqh familia
>>
>>52541969
qt creator
>>
>>52541969
Visual Studio 2015
Edit in Vim/Emacs + tools like YouCompleteMe
Debug in VS
Master race
>>
>>52541969
Under Windows, my favorite one is Visual Studio, not even kidding. It seems way more user-friendly when writing files than the others.
Downside is that it’s pretty heavy.
And don’t bother pirating the 2015 Enterprise version, I have both (Enterprise at work, Community at home) and there’s literally all you want on the Community Edition.

>inb4 winfag
>>
>>52541969
Clion
>>
File: Anonymous.jpg (60KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous.jpg
60KB, 780x439px
>>52541326
Visual Studio 2013 & Eclipse Mars
also for editor I use Notepad++
>>
Visual Studio is totally shit on CMake and folder related things. I use Clion.
>>
>>52542028
Ow I wanted to post in this thread but it seems I already did.

I need some sleep
>>
>>52542862
Take care of yourself anon~
>>
>>52541589
>Not IDEs

1) OP said and/or text editors
2) vim is an IDE when you have the right plugins
>invoke LINTer and highlight errors in vim
>use vim as a front-end to GDB
>make compiler output show up in separate buffer with jump to lines
>improved code completion with gtags
>easy code navigation (ctags, cscope, gtags etc)
>>
>>52541326
Nano
>>
>>52542202
>CLion
Does it do CMake yet?

Last time I checked, it only supported autotools or autoconf.
>>
>>52543475
are you retarded? it only ever supported CMake
>>
>>52542028
The new VS is botnet shit, it uses up so much CPU when I block it from accessing the net in my firewall. I only use that shit if I have to...
>>
>>52543509
>are you retarded?
No, just mixed them up. :(

>it only ever supported CMake
Yeah, I meant the other way around. Last time I used it (in beta-stage), autoconf were supposed to come. I was wondering if it had already?
>>
>>52541326
Android Studio/Intellij IDEA
>>
EMACS
M
A
C
S
>>
>>52541326
Visual Studio Community
/thread
>>
gvim with the appropriate plugins for each language
>>
>>52541326
Any JetBrains IDE and Neovim.
>>
>>52541600
checked
>>
Kate with console plugin
>>
>>52543654
>Community
Poorfag
>/thread
Indian shill.
>>
I use both Atom and NeoVim. PyCharm was great for Python code. Vim I use for C, C++, and for editing most config files in the OS. Atom for almost everything else.
>>
>>52543929
>>Community
>Poorfag

The Enterprise edition is useless as fuck, to be honest, I almost don’t see the difference between the two of them. It’s only worth it if you’re working with a big team and is actually useful to companies only in most cases.
>>
File: 1452987137169.jpg (401KB, 802x609px) Image search: [Google]
1452987137169.jpg
401KB, 802x609px
ACME
>>
>>52541326
I mostly use IntelliJ powered IDEs now. Jetbrains is my love. Idea/Android Studio are excellent and Clion is getting there. Looking forward to it replacing VS for me.
>>
Emacs + evil-mode
>>
>>52541997
M-x install-package auto-complete
add this to .emacs
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d")
(require 'auto-complete-config)
(add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories "~/.emacs.d/ac-dict")
(ac-config-default)
>>
intellij IDEA and CLion
>>
Sublime Text + clang
>>
>>52545167
Fully quoting, also no VS because... Linux. But I'm way happier with JetBrains products!
>>
Vim + UNIX
>>
>>52541326
Atom
>>
>>52541589
vim can be IDE alright
hell, i bet someone wrote a plugin that makes vim full-blown operating system
>>
>>52541326
Netbeans and Kate
>>
IntelliJ IDEA and PyCharm. Is CLion any good or still immature?
>>
>>52545919
A wannabe toy clone of Sublime (with the file explorer on the right so it less conspicuous).
>>
>>52545919
From Wikipedia:
>By default, Atom reports usage information to Google Analytics, including a unique UUID v4 random identifier.[16] According to the authors, this is to determine the performance and know the most-used functions.[17]

Confirmed botnet. Get this shit out of here.
>>
>>52545919

VS Code is better
>>
>>52546082
you can put the file explorer anywhere you like.. the editor is styled with .less

>>52546098
wow, so fucking hard to disable a plugin [pic related]
>>
>>52541969
Clion
>>
>>52545534
Pretty much everything Jetbrains is awesome.
>>
>>52545919
>written in javashit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2llnETlS8
kek
>>
>>52546129
>you can disable it
he's probably using arch and already left the thread to fix his configs again, why even bother answering
>>
>>52546147
>Atom is literaly less performant than Notepad

Why do they keep writting software using "web technologies" when there's plenty of proper programming languages that produce good native builds available to choose from?
>>
>>52541326
Jetbrains almost makes me not want to kill myself when dealing with Android's bullshit. Almost.

Otherwise, I just use gedit until I can use vim for more than half an hour without fucking something up because I forgot to "esc; a" one time.
Notepad++ if I'm forced to use windows, however it's pretty fucking useless without certain plugins installed.
For some reason my faggot ass IT department at uni doesn't think the compare plugin should be installed on every machine be default.
>>
>>52545410
Srsly is there any tutorial about emacs plugins? How to install them and where to download?
I want to use emacs but I simply need some stuff that modern editors have.
Help me out here anons
>>
>>52541589
emacs
>>
>>52545649
I only use VS because of .NET but I am moving away from that as I prefer Java (I know I am crazy but Idea makes working with Java quite nice).

I will also be moving to the Android team in April so I am getting up to speed with all that and as I can work in Idea (Android Studio) it is great.

Java gets a lot of hate but for me I don't find it all that bad. Sure it is verbose and kinda OCD with how things are organised but fuck me is it easy to maintain code with all that verbosity.
>>
>>52541326
vim
>>
>>52546173
because it's super easy and they don't prioritize performance
>>
VS15 Enterprise I get a free licence with my uni.

Text editor wise, I like nano.
>>
>>52541326
>Windows dev
VS
>OS X
Xcode
>Web/Scripting
SublimeText
>>
>>52542009
>Edit in Vim/Emacs + tools like YouCompleteMe
Can they parse DLLs to get function list from them?
>>
70$ SUBLIME
$

S
U
B
L
I
M
E
>>
ST3, sue me.
>>
>>52541326
VS and Vim.
And yes, I tried Vim mode for VS. The whole concept is fucking stupid. If you have a GUI, why the flying fuck do you use such archaic keymappings. I'm not disparaging Vim, I know that it has it because it is used heavily in headless environments, but porting that behavior onto GUIs is masochism.
>>
>>52546070
Still needs work but nothing that cant be fixed manually.
>>
Sata
>>
I use Django for work and use ST3 with SublimePythonIDE.

[spoiler]I paid for a license[/spoiler]

Yeah I know spoiler tags don't work on /g/.
>>
I made my own.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.