[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gpu dies >buy a new one >mbo doesn't recognize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (152KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
152KB, 600x507px
>gpu dies
>buy a new one
>mbo doesn't recognize it
>realize I need to update bios
>mbo has no display port
>don't own any other card
>check local listings
>cheapest used card is 30 €

Is there anything I can do or am I fucked without an old gpu to I can do a bios flash?
>>
Why would you need a BIOS flash for a GPU to work?
>>
display port, HDMI, and DVI all use the same basic signal and adapters exist which are just pin changes and should be very cheap and available at any tech store unless you live in the middle of nowhere and don't have any
>>
>>52533337
Just update the bios then
>>
>>52533359
It's extremely rare, but I've seen it happen on shitty chinese motherboards.

btw OP, have you tried every single port on the graphics card? I had a friend with an XFX card that absolutely positively had to have the first monitor on one DVI port, and the second one on the other. It simply would show a black screen no matter what was tried. Also, are you sure you have enough psu power?
>>
>>52533337
Are there no integrated graphics on your machine op
>>
>>52533418
I had to do it with an Asus board when I bought a 980ti to get it to work. It's not really that uncommon, especially if you have a motherboard that's a few years old and haven't updated the BIOS in a while.
>>
>>52533359

mbo doesn't recognize newer gpu, so in turn it doesn't recognize my 380x while it recognized my old card. Googling a bit said that the bios update fixes that. 2. Improve VGA compatibility.
This is on the latest bios update.

>>52533364

When I said display port, I meant any kind of port, mbo has no graphics/display output possibility

>>52533416

How?

>>52533418

I have an 550W power supply, which should be enough. It's an really old Asrock P67 Pro 3. The debug code show that it doesn't recognize the card.

>>52533452

No
>>
>>52533337
Possible fixes
- get some shitty preowned pc with a gfx card and transfer it over to flash bios with

- ensure there is enough power to start the new card

- try every port on the new card (dvi/vga/dp/hdmi etc)

- find a nice spot in the forest and let life slip away there
>>
>>52533337
This is why I keep my old GTX 570 around.
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 787x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 787x830px
How the fuck does your mobo have no video out?

Regardless, some mobos like MSI and ASUS have bios flash options where you just insert a formatted flash drive and it will do its thing. Can't really help you further without knowing what mobo you have, but refer to pic related.

If all else fails, borrow a GPU from a friend.
>>
You can surely find a shit used gt210 or something for under 15 eurobux
>>
>>52533512

Because it's old as fuck. Asrock P67 Pro 3. Moved recently to study abroad and have no friends who own a pc here
>>
>>52533559
If you can't flash with a formatted flash drive then you're just going to have to buy a beater GPU. They're good to have for debug purposes anyway, I still hold onto my old GT 330 for this reason. If you can't fork the money you could always try dumpster diving for old Dell or HP towers. Sometimes they come with low end GPUs, like GT 210-240 or 310-330's.
>>
why should anyone help op when op cant even be arsed to type out motherboard?
>>
>>52533902
>>52533559
>>52533474

I wrote it 2 times

Well made a deal for a 9600gt for 10 € which is a rip off but I don't care at this point
>>
>>52533337
Find a friend and borrow their gpu for an hour. Or try one of the usb to HDMI adapters maybe.
>>
>>52533337
if you were a normal person you could borrow a friends gpu long enough to update bios
>>
>>52534004
>rip off for a fully functional GPU that can still be used as a temp or in a super low end nostalgia machine
>being this much of a fag about 10 eurobux
>>
>>52534056
hey be nice to op its not like his Dishwasher job pays him alot
>>
>>52534086
>>52534056

I'm a student that just moved to an expensive country (compared to mine). Of course I will be a fag for 10 €. Why do you think I still have that shitty mobo?
>>
herp derp
>>
>>52534131
ya ya the dishes aint gona wash themselves get on it faggot
>>
>>52534138
can i see your
feminine penis
>>
I was using a 9500gt till last year.

Fuck you OP.
>>
>>52533337
"Pc master race"
kek
>>
>>52535590

I am sorry anon
>>
File: 1452558359336.jpg (11KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1452558359336.jpg
11KB, 284x284px
this is why you buy a mac anon
>>
Can you not use the integrated GPU on the CPU?
>>
>>52536426
Oh wait I cant read.
>>
Install gentoo
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.