[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>games are for kids! I'm an intellectual who loves free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 1423513972.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1423513972.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>games are for kids!
I'm an intellectual who loves free software and anime.
>>
>>52514333
Trips of truth.
>>
File: beach_by_caseywkc_d9cuhjg.jpg (2MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
beach_by_caseywkc_d9cuhjg.jpg
2MB, 6000x4000px
You have to admit, vydias aren't the same anymore as you grow up. The days of 420 quickscoping the illuminati aren't fun anymore when you keep doing it over and over again. Even after you move on to games like battlefield 3 they become boring after a while too.

Doesn't help that game devs are focusing more on just outright making money than making a good game now. No amount of improved CPU and GPU architectures can fix that shit.
>>
>>52514543
really does seem like all at once I stopped caring about video games.
>>
File: 1452333848494.png (100KB, 238x329px) Image search: [Google]
1452333848494.png
100KB, 238x329px
>>52514333
Did someone just say games
Dude resident evil is out lmao xDDDDDD
Anyone with the magnet link?
>>
>>52514333
Who the fuck finds making these threads to be worth their time?
>>
>>52514564
It's not really your fault. Games just suck now. They're all so... generic.

Only game I enjoy playing now is just cause 3 but recently blowing up shit while being chased around by armed forces is getting pretty stale to be honest. It's like deja vu you know?
>>
File: DSCN0382.jpg (286KB, 1069x1229px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0382.jpg
286KB, 1069x1229px
>>52514640
I know it's intended as shitposting but for me it brings up an interesting point. We exclude people from /g/ simply because they play vydias. As if like being a normal /g/ user means you have to use Arch linux and do nothing but hate on windows while learning how to program in some language nobody gives a shit about.

Everyone belongs here, whether they play vydias or not. As long as /g/ threads remain focused on technology then it shouldn't matter what you do with your shitty meaningless life.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>52514333
This faggot will slit your stupid throat neck for making jokes about fedoras. Watch out /g/uise
>>
>>52514640
le tip of my fedora to you autisman
>>
AAA games blow dick. They've taken all the franchises I love, and turned them into casualized garbage. They don't try anything new anymore, it's all just rehashed shit from the previous year.

I can't justify paying $60 for less than 20 hours of gameplay anymore. That's why I pretty much only play indie games. I've gotten hundreds of hours over 4 years playing Dwarf Fortress, which is made by one dude.

Nobody trys anything new anymore.
>>
>>52514684
It's not that they're 'now boring' its because you've experienced what's out there to offer. You can only innovate so much with the core of it being a game you've already played.

I can pick up a new game and have fun with their gimmick per se but after 4hrs or less of play time I'm usually calling it quits.

Though I like the competitive side of games and I'll usually stick with one or two and learn the ins and outs of it. When you can make a match feel more important than anything else at that current moment there is no way you can tell me you wouldn't be hooked.
>>
>>52514333
I invest in all 3.
>>
>>52514684
I still enjoy games, but not nearly to the extent I did when I was a teenager. I can take em or leave em now honestly. There's only a couple of games I'm really interested in, the rest just feel like they're the same rehashed concepts over and over again.

The gaming industry is definitely getting stale. Maybe this new VR fad will be able to shake things up again
>>
>>52514846
It's always amusing how the most pretentious self entitled fuck sticks weight like 150KG. And they cry on /r9k/ all day long how they can never get their dick wet while chowing down on a family sized bag of potato chips and a liter of soda.

These fat fedora lords are the worst case of people in self-delusion. Yet they claim to be free of indoctrination at the same time lol.
>>
I only play mature games like the old point and click adventures and some modern atmospheric games like Gone Home and Dear Esther
>>
>>52514543
There's still good games being made. I really like Darkest Dungeon and Axiom Verge

Tons of Steam games are on Linux btw
>>
>>52515010
Man I really am getting old. All of those games you mentioned are boring to me. Better than AAA ganes out there but still boring nonetheless.

I wish I could go back in time and enjoy playing super mario 64 for the first time again. Those days were the best.
>>
>>52515046
Dude I'm 31. I spend my free time playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. I actually really like the new Smash (old Meleefag from back in the day)

Point is indie games ain't dead. Maybe your taste is just different from mine.
>>
>>52514793
>2 cents
It's too sense you vidya playing faggot.
>>
I miss the days of coming home from work
going into my parents basement, drinking some beer, and playing WoW till i fell asleep.

Nowadays i cant get immersed enough to even come close to how that felt

It felt like i was accomplishing something and ill never be able to get that feeling as an adult again (at least through anything video game related)
>>
>>52515215
I like you :3
>>
>>52515367
;:^y
>>
>>52514543
>I'm 12 and I have ascended beyond call of duty
>fps was the only genre in gaming and it is now boring
I mean, sure, only list off Battlefield and 420 quickscopes, but that may be just because you lost enjoyment out of the genre.
I try to keep an open mind, some people may not have time for vidya, understandably, but to dismiss them because they're boring is a little unfounded.
Ex: Total War is not an fps

Current gen cpus+gpus aren't built for EA to have benchmarks, I would recommend looking for other companies whose games would be better with current gen tech
Ex: Total War
>>
>>52515297
maybe you're just playing shit games
>>
>>52515617
WoW, darkfall online, Starcraft
>>
>>52514333
It's time for the FOSS gaming movement.
>>
>>52515816
It would literally self destruct. FOSS gayman isn't sustainable.
>>
>>52515919
I'm big proponent of FOSS but I agree on this one, FOSS just can't work with games. Games are more analogous to movies than software at this point. They just can't be free, it's not compatible with the industry.
>>
what the fuck does this poes have to say about class? he is wearing a stupid hat smoking what looks like a budget cigar cant into text on an image his couch is fucking tiger print and he is using hairbands and bracelets and he has the nerve to talk about class
>>
>>52515572
Total war isn't all that family. I've been playing it for like a year and it got dull to be honest.

Thing is, everything must die eventually. This includes fun in video games. And quite frankly most of the new games out there are garbage (maybe its always been this way) and you really have to dig around to find something that suites you.

Like you also said, some people don't have the time for vydias especially those who have kids. So even if there are games that they will actually enjoy playing, they don't have the time to play through 100 shitty games to find it.
>>
What about anime games like Neptunia or Love Live! School Idol Festival?
>>
File: 1434181704823.gif (1MB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
1434181704823.gif
1MB, 230x172px
>>52514333

OP its a video game player
>>
File: oculus_rift_consumer-6.jpg (87KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
oculus_rift_consumer-6.jpg
87KB, 1000x563px
Once pic related becomes popular I'll pick up the Xbone again. Till then i'll be watching cable news and 4Chan after work
>>
>>52514543
I've lost almost all interest in multiplayer games unless I'm playing with people I know, gaymers are insufferably overcompetitive and entitled whiny faggots and the games themselves are usually quite uninteresting.

The only new games I really enjoy anymore are Bethshit titles mostly out of nostalgia and also accessible modding tools that make it fun and easy to create or fix things in the game.
>>
File: 1437646159115.png (287KB, 695x496px) Image search: [Google]
1437646159115.png
287KB, 695x496px
>>52514333
>>
>>52514543
>dragons dogma for PC comes out
>It makes me feel like a kid again
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.