[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got one of these for christmas. Won't play video. I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: hp notebook.jpg (185KB, 1200x1192px) Image search: [Google]
hp notebook.jpg
185KB, 1200x1192px
Got one of these for christmas. Won't play video. I get about 5-10 minutes in and all of a sudden lose sound. Picture completely freezes about 10 seconds after that. Is something wrong with a piece of hardware? Is the whole thing just a piece of shit? The thing is brand fucking new. Would be eternally grateful for input from someone who has a bit of knowledge about this shit.
>>
The whole thing is shit, return it and request your money back.
>>
>>52507325
That's the thing though. It workrd fine until 3 days ago. Return window closed 5 days ago. I have a warranty, but doesn't it have to be a hardware issue? Do warranties cover them being garbage?
>>
The person who bought it for me said the guy from Best Buy told them it was as good as any laptop. He also told them that there was absolutely no difference between a laptop and a notebook. Did the salesman just see a group of people that didn't know anything and treat them like dickheads? Or was he stupid?
>>
>>52507493
Most likely both, never listen to anyone at best buy.
>>
>>52507607
I wasn't there. Was my father and gf. Neither of which know anything about computers. I mean, neither do I really, but I know you get what you pay for and when they told me they got it for $250, I thought to myself "this is going to be shit". But it worked okay at first.
>>
>>52507607
What would his gain be though? They went there to spend around $500 on a laptop and he pushed a product that was half the price. That's what I don't get. He convinced them to spend LESS money. Do they get extra commision for selling the shit items?
>>
my $100 linux memepad watches videos just fine m8

I'd guess it's an overheating issue. >windows doesn't even let you get a temp readout without installing proprietary software, so I just use piriform speccy when I need to troubleshoot on a cuck platform.

Open speccy, run the video in a window and keep an eye on the temps.
>>
>>52507325
This anon gets it. Throw out everything technical about this and think for a second. You have a brand new product that doesn't fucking work. Just because it's a computer and by nature you can mess shit up on your own doesn't suddenly mean you fucked shit up by trying to play video on it.
>>
>>52507248
>hp
>amd cpu
thats like worst shit you can get now, even atom is better
>>
>>52507248
>HP
>>
>>52507248
>HP
It was broken by design
>>
>>52507248
Its amd, a friend had some amd shit and everytime we connected a sony digital camera (usb) to his machine it would freeze, it was a while ago though. It seems amd hasnt improved but got progressively worse.
>>
>>52507367
It's probably the CPU getting too hot. Check the sensor temps as it plays video. If it gets over 90C, which is the max temp for that CPU, you should be able to call up HP and tell them to fix it.
>>
>HP
>not Elitebook

Try again.
>>
File: Anherocat.jpg (73KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Anherocat.jpg
73KB, 600x750px
>>52507248

Seriously........
>>
>>52507493
>He also told them that there was absolutely no difference between a laptop and a notebook
There is no difference between a laptop and notebook computer. People use these words interchangeably.
>>
>>52507248

HP + AMD =
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.