[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw learning assembly for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1445561065215.jpg (216KB, 1106x838px) Image search: [Google]
1445561065215.jpg
216KB, 1106x838px
>tfw learning assembly for the first time
>>
>not coding in brainfuck
>>
>>52501359
MIPS is pretty easy tbqh senpai.
>>
File: 1452249270485.png (668KB, 976x844px) Image search: [Google]
1452249270485.png
668KB, 976x844px
>assembly
fucking pleb, real patricians think and program in machine code
>>
ik dat feeling baby
not understanding the stack
not understanding C calling conventions
interrupts
registers
etc.

it gets to your head
but once you learn it, it'll open your mind to a whole world of programming. You can begin to appreciate just how much work compilers do. The real fun begins when you start looking at how instructions are encoded into machine code. Nothing particularly crazy (if you can handle ASM you can handle machine code), and then you can be da l33t h@x0r who codes in binary ;)
>>
>>52501359
eggman truly has a unique face
>>
>>52501436
>implying machine code isn't assembly sans opcode mnemonics
>>
>>52502087
i never said i was a patrician :(
>>
Not OP, but can someone tell me a good assembly book/online tutorial that doesn't suck?
>>
>>52501436

I program directly into the cpu via a wire grid matrix that extends out as a 360 degree (with rotating) chair electronic drum set.

Each drum head corresponds to a pin on the CPU.

I drum in code.
>>
>>52502223
>not having a direct neural interface to dream in code.
fucking plebs....
>>
File: jmnem90h.jpg (203KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
jmnem90h.jpg
203KB, 1200x777px
>>52502170
>Not OP

Whoa there, what instruction did you just NOOP out?
>>
>>52501359
OP confirmed doesn't know assembly. It's literally the least complicated language to learn. The "difficulty" or assembly programming is that you're forced to constantly reference the hardware documentation to do anything meaningful.
>>
What's the point of learning assembly?
>>
>>52502448
optimization
>>
>>52502999
where you apply assembly in a professional environment?
>>
>>52502250
>not having a self-programming AI CPU
get out of my face peasant
>>
>>52503024
writing highly optimized subroutines for embedded systems when the compiler wont do the trick. which thankfully isn't very often. c/c++ compilers and VHDL usually do the trick.
>>
>>52502448
You don't really learn assembly to program in assembly nowadays.

Assembly is a useful tool to teach computer architecture to the uninitiated.
>>
>>52501518
;)
>>
>>52503129
> teach computer architecture to the uninitiated
I was talking to a friend about why they were studying assembly and I couldnt see a reason to teach it in first year but this seems to be the most probable reason
>>
>>52501359
get of /g/ and go back to rote learnin ece222 you yaar
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.